Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

This b & b was a bit of a nightmare, I arrived and the lady did not speak any english and was angry at the fact that I did not speak italian, she could not be bothered with me. No items are given what so ever, only a freezing shower in the morning. During the night 2 men came to stay who seemed to be family and they roamed freely in and out the rooms and made it feel very very unsafe. I would never recommend this to anyone.

• 20th Aug 2015

I don't understand why this hostel has such average reviews, we had a great time! The staff are great, beds comfy, wifi great, bathrooms clean, location great, so much so that we stayed an extra 3 nights. Yes one of the ladies doesn't speak English on the front desk, but we are in Italy, right? Besides they have other staff that speak English. I would definitely stay here again when in Bologna, and for the cheap price, I was pleasantly surprised.

Really cozy hostel with a slightly crazy only italian speaking old woman and close to the old city. The main door's key won't work.

It's not a hostel. It's a house which rents rooms, it is run by an old woman who does not speaks english at all (so please foreign people, do not come here). There are no keys for all the guests so if you are unlocky, you won't have a copy so you cannot enter at night (reception opens only untill 20h30). You have to pay extra fees for toilette paper, bed set and the city tax.

Every Think is true ,this is a ghest house as many Places in Bologna,only One person thai take care of the place live Inside .the servisse not includend are written in the property conditions

Good location and clean. There was no air conditioning in the rooms so it was very hot at night. No lockers or keys but owner was there all the time so felt relatively secure.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Positive: The location is pretty good, close to city center; Place was clean. Negative: It's bed and breakfast but there is no breakfast; They charge a fee for lines and towel and isn't optional; Keys from the door didn't work; No lockers; staff doesn't speak English; Wifi was bad and there is no computer like they say; There is no AC like they say; we have to sleep with windows open because is hot and we hear a lot of noise; The kitchen that we see in the picture isn't available.

This not bed breakfast. It a Italian hostel. Also the staff spoke English, which difficult.

Key didn't work. Had no bed to sleep on, had to stay on sofa. Rudeness from one of the owners.

• 22nd Jun 2015

There is constant noise from the road below. If you need a good nights sleep, forget about this place.

It's good for the price, being in the center of Bologna. it's calles bread and breakfast, but does not offer breakfast. They charged extra for linens, which is an item they should supply or mention ahead of time. The staff was nice. The place itself was nice. The lights in the bathroom did not work.

It was my worst experience in years using hostel. Just to have an ideia I paid 2 days but I prefered lose money and sleep in the airport in the 2 day to feel more comfortable and safe 1-place is not safe 2-owners scream all the time with people, night too 3-owners dont respect privacy and not friendly 4-not exist structure for you feel comfortable 5-One of owners drink and smoke with his friend in my room during the night (unbelievable) I can tell much more but have limit of characteres

the guys like to feel free, sometimes not respecting the rules to make friends and to be friendly eachothers I will put a sign to eplain that it s good to be polite before decide to drink (or smoke).

How to explain such a wonderful place and people in this hostel. Manager guy was super friendly even if he was not good English speaker. I felt homesweet to him and other guests. All of facilities were clean and comfortable.

No lockers, the door to the dorm room does not lock and the front door was frequently left open. Smoking as permitted in the dorm rooms. It was dirty: when we checked in at 2.30pm, there were unchanged beds, cigarette butts all over bedside tables etc. The kitchen is not for guest use, the owner lives in it. There are late, loud parties with the owner's friends who are not staying in the hostel. One had loud sex in the common areas and dirty condoms were found on sofas and in the bathroom.

• 24th Apr 2015

The personnal is friendly, but they make a lot of noise at night until late. It is difficult to sleep well. And they ask more money than what was written on the website. you can't lock the door of your room.

I felt that is a bit risky there, as the owner was drinking beers in the kitchen where he lived (and was with his friends chatting and drinking every night) and tried to flirt and chat with us (3girls) every possible time (even at 3o clock in the morning that the one girl went to the toilet and he thought it was a proper moment to ask us what he is going to offer us for breakfast) (although we hadn't breakfast and we didn't want). Fortunately, we were't long there (only at night to sleep).

Its OK but nothing more, there is no commonroom or even a small kitchen at all, you have to pay an extra fee for linen and Towells, though you have no other chance than using them, what in the end makes it not that cheap anymore. oen night staying there is ok, but i cannot imagine saying there for longer...

• 7th Apr 2015

The hostel was informal and offbeat. I'm not an expert on hostels but this one was more casual than completely professional, which I liked. You need Spanish or Italian to communicate fully with staff. Great location, no breakfast included. Their was another English guy who told me how things worked there, thank God. Bathroom facilities were great. Its more of a converted apartment than hostel really, 3 rooms. 5 beds, 5 beds and 3 beds. 1st floor, no lift.

The keys they gave us worked very badly, they didn't even know which beds were ours. Everything very confusing, the employers were very chaotic with the organization.

• 27th Mar 2015

Horrible place , too expensive they charge for one night. Owner was tipsy all the time and doesn't speak English.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Russia

They cancelled our reservation and they didn't refund my money!!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts