Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

It was my worst experience in years using hostel. Just to have an ideia I paid 2 days but I prefered lose money and sleep in the airport in the 2 day to feel more comfortable and safe 1-place is not safe 2-owners scream all the time with people, night too 3-owners dont respect privacy and not friendly 4-not exist structure for you feel comfortable 5-One of owners drink and smoke with his friend in my room during the night (unbelievable) I can tell much more but have limit of characteres

I can't give a completely accurate review of this hostel, because my sister & I were so uncomfortable that we left. When we finally found the place, we tried to ring the bell for the building but got no response and finally a neighbor let us into the building. The doorbell at the door did not function either, & we had to knock for several minutes before we were let in. The place was dark & cluttered, and we felt unsafe staying there. We left the keys in the mailbox and booked a different hostel.

• 9th May 2015

How to explain such a wonderful place and people in this hostel. Manager guy was super friendly even if he was not good English speaker. I felt homesweet to him and other guests. All of facilities were clean and comfortable.

No lockers, the door to the dorm room does not lock and the front door was frequently left open. Smoking as permitted in the dorm rooms. It was dirty: when we checked in at 2.30pm, there were unchanged beds, cigarette butts all over bedside tables etc. The kitchen is not for guest use, the owner lives in it. There are late, loud parties with the owner's friends who are not staying in the hostel. One had loud sex in the common areas and dirty condoms were found on sofas and in the bathroom.

• 24th Apr 2015

The personnal is friendly, but they make a lot of noise at night until late. It is difficult to sleep well. And they ask more money than what was written on the website. you can't lock the door of your room.

• 18th Apr 2015

I felt that is a bit risky there, as the owner was drinking beers in the kitchen where he lived (and was with his friends chatting and drinking every night) and tried to flirt and chat with us (3girls) every possible time (even at 3o clock in the morning that the one girl went to the toilet and he thought it was a proper moment to ask us what he is going to offer us for breakfast) (although we hadn't breakfast and we didn't want). Fortunately, we were't long there (only at night to sleep).

Its OK but nothing more, there is no commonroom or even a small kitchen at all, you have to pay an extra fee for linen and Towells, though you have no other chance than using them, what in the end makes it not that cheap anymore. oen night staying there is ok, but i cannot imagine saying there for longer...

• 7th Apr 2015

The hostel was informal and offbeat. I'm not an expert on hostels but this one was more casual than completely professional, which I liked. You need Spanish or Italian to communicate fully with staff. Great location, no breakfast included. Their was another English guy who told me how things worked there, thank God. Bathroom facilities were great. Its more of a converted apartment than hostel really, 3 rooms. 5 beds, 5 beds and 3 beds. 1st floor, no lift.

The keys they gave us worked very badly, they didn't even know which beds were ours. Everything very confusing, the employers were very chaotic with the organization.

• 27th Mar 2015

Horrible place , too expensive they charge for one night. Owner was tipsy all the time and doesn't speak English.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Russia

They cancelled our reservation and they didn't refund my money!!

I got to the hostel And I was outside for over half an hour waiting for someone to open me, nobady opened me and I left.

This place is not a bed and breakfast as it advertises. It isn't even a hostel. It's a woman's apartment. She rents some of the rooms in her apartment to permanent boarders and then she converted one bedroom and her living room into "dorms", where you can rent a bed. The hostel manager sleeps in the kitchen, and the kitchen is off limits even though advertised that you can use the kitchen for 10 Euros. I've used hostels for 10 years. This is the first time I cancelled early. Awful. Creepy.

You get what you paid for so don't expect a breakfast! Good beds, spacious bathroom and a very-nice-not-so-well-speaking-english-host. The location was awesome to find it... Not so much. You need to know where to be since its located inside a living complex. Luckily the whole neighborhood seem to be aware of it and when they spot you wandering around they will run to your aid! Mile grazie!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts