Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

Nice bathroom that was clean enough, but no kitchen or real common area. Biggest problem is that there are bed bugs, which is just uncomfortable for all concerned.

I found a bug crawling on my pillow. I think this was my hostel nightmare come true. I checked into a nearby hotel. Otherwise it was a charming, yet cramped place. The lady that runs it does not speak English but the lady on the phone can.

The owner is an Italian lady that speaks NO English or Spanish at all... but she is quite kind and funny though. This place looks really different from others in which I have stayed before, but that was part of its charm I think. Stay here if you want a relatively comfortable stay, but forget about the "hostel" experience.

This B&B has no breakfast but bedbugs.

it was very interesting because hostel's name is bed and breakfast (b&b) but there is no breakfast :) i was know before coming here so it wasn't a problem for me. location is very well. touristic area just 10 min by walking but train station is so far about 30-35 min by walking. bb was very clean and stuff are doesn't speak english you should learn a little italian before coming here :) so in brief b&b was nice you can come this hostel

I don't think you could improve the place-its just too old. I have to admit I have not stayed in an older place. Definitely not value for money. No kitchen,or breakfast .

I arrived after 20.30 so nobody opened for me..after trying to call the number given on hostel world.com i got a message why i was calling and that nobody will open for me "that" late.. Location was great, but hard to find without any signs..

the stay was fine, specific atmosphere of a flat-hostel. However... the communication with the staff could have created problems due to our lack of italian language skills... but we finally succeeded in the transaction ;)

Good location, huge bathroom, big room, the bed was ok. They give you towels. It was supossed to be a Bed and Breafast, but NO breakfast was served. No kitchen, no facilities, no credit card accepted. It was really hot at night with no A/C. Noisy street on weekend. Clara, the lady from the reception was really nice. Good value for the money.

The old lady who working for the B&B is warmhearted, however, all the staff here only speak Italian. Moreover, this is B&B without breakfast. Location is not far from the city centre and unviersity.

The hostel's staff are eager and willing to help you even if their English isn't great. When I came back at night and almost walked up the wrong stairwell, the woman who had checked me in was there calling to me to take the right one- they clearly care about their guests and what they're doing. Although the hostel is a bit outside of the city center and maybe a half hour's walk from the train station, it is very nice and feels much more homely than many other hostels I've visited.

Really nice place to stay for a night. However, the owner/lady does not speak a word of English - so be prepared for that. But she's really really really nice and tries to understand you. Very clean place with comfortable beds.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights at The Bologna B

• 15th May 2014

hostel staff doesn't speak ANY English which is absolutely weird. beds are very uncomfortable.

I give a negative comment comparing it to a similar accomodation. It says Bed & breakfast but there is NO breakfast, the dorms are crammed and the mattress of my bed was very unconfortable. As far as the bathroom, there is only one shower for 12 people (so a half-hour queue at 8:30 am), the shower tub was slightly taped (very bad evacuation) and the water was not really hot. On top of that there was no locker to store my valuables.

Very clean and homely hostel. One bathroom which was not a problem as only four were staying there when I was, but I could see this being a problem if the hostel is full. Building is secure, but no lockers.

cute place, nice decor. kinda inconvenient for travelers who might miss the staff being able to check them in. a point in the evening, someone was buzzing to be let in for at least twenty minutes. make sure you be there at the time you say you will be. the blond lady who checked me in was sweet, offered me candy in my room when I was relaxing. cleanliness is speculative, as I realized when I left that I had insect bites all over my arms, chin, lower back. suspecting bed bugs....

• 26th Apr 2014

Great location. The workers are very friendly but do not speak English fluently. The bedrooms were very kitschy and comfy. The key to the apartment is really difficult to use though! They have a coffee machine in the hallway, which was convenient. Overall, very nice place!

It's an apartment of a woman. It's good because Bologna is expensive, if you want to save money, this is a good place to stay. For onde night is ok.

It's a lovely little place. Very clean and well taken care of. Only downsides are the lovely old lady who don't speak English at all. And the fact that u have to set a time to check in is quite troublesome. Oh, and the kitchen is off limit as the old lady stay there with her cute Labrador. Good location too!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts