Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

It was ok. Owner didn't speak much English but he did try and be helpful. Pretty tough to find, so you are warned. Decent place, but it was a bit strange because I was the only one staying in the dorm.

• 19th Oct 2014

I had to call them because the doorbell was switched off. hopefully I knew a few Italian words so I managed to enter eventually. The housekeeper smokes. Overall it's a bit weird but decent.

This hotel seems to be a non legal hostel, no advertisement on the street, just a name on the door beld difficult to find, and when you get in it's just a normal flat tranformed to an hostel. It's call 'bed and breakfast' but there is no breakfast, no common room, there is a kitchen but you cant access to it. But clean at least.

• 4th Oct 2014

The bed e breakfast is borned for small places ,in italy the breakfast is availble With an extra charge

Very interesting little hostel - The lady was very kind but spoke no English and would continue to talk to you in Italian even after explaining you don't understand. People definitely got bitten by bed bugs while I was there but I was lucky and had no problem. 10 minute walk from centre of bologna. Good place to stay if you're just looking for a bed but not so much to make friends / experience hostel atmosphere

The front door can't be opened with the keys, which is not particularly convenient in the night time. The owner doesn't speak a word of english and is not particularly friendly. You are charged an extra 10€ if you arrive after 9 p.m. My bed was very bad (I can't say if it's the case for all of them) and the flat is very noisy. Even though 20€ / night is quite cheap, I wouldn't pay more than 10€ for this hostel... Only good point, it's well located.

If si possibile we ask to' chiose the bed At the ghest. After 8. 30 the re is a extra charge of 10euro, but is clear in the website.the staff is italian or spanish ,

get rid of bed bugs, have kegs that work

During the summer the re were bugs ,we used insetticide , when we notice them

Absolutely HORRIBLE PLACE. Nothing was clean. Stayed two nights in what can only be described as a CRACK DEN, Do NOT stay here. Front door would NOT open with the key, shower flooded, beds crammed into tiny rooms..NOT ALLOWED to use the kitchen when asked, but other guests were! Very UNFAIR.

BEDBUGS. The hostel is well situated about 10 minutes from the city center. The only problem is that already the first night I was biten by many bedbugs. I stopped counting after 83 bits (left arm + hand only). The lady there does ONLY speak Italien so it was very hard to explain the problem until I caught some bedbug. She moved me to another room however the following day I had some more bites and left immediately, even though I've paid for 3 nights. You'd better find another hostel!!!

Immediatly the se notices we used insetticide

nice place to stay, a little unorganised which adds to its charme,italian way of life,it is more a homestay than a hostel...

• 4th Aug 2014

Although the name of the hostel is Bed & Breakfast, you could only find a bed but not breakfast . The hostel is well located, near the train station and the city center. The staff doesn´t speak english at all, the dorms are poor and there is no possibility to use the kitchen. Note that if you arrive later than 22,00 you need to pay 10 euros more. One the other hand, towels and linen are provided and there is free wifi.

The hostel is quite small (5 beds in a room) but you have 2 big bathrooms, the staff is very nice and the atmosphere is great ! I met lots a cool people !

Nice bathroom that was clean enough, but no kitchen or real common area. Biggest problem is that there are bed bugs, which is just uncomfortable for all concerned.

I found a bug crawling on my pillow. I think this was my hostel nightmare come true. I checked into a nearby hotel. Otherwise it was a charming, yet cramped place. The lady that runs it does not speak English but the lady on the phone can.

The owner is an Italian lady that speaks NO English or Spanish at all... but she is quite kind and funny though. This place looks really different from others in which I have stayed before, but that was part of its charm I think. Stay here if you want a relatively comfortable stay, but forget about the "hostel" experience.

We enjoyed our stay in bologna, but this place cannot really be called a Bed & Breakfast as no food s provided what so ever. The rooms were quirky and cool and it was kept clean, but there was no where for food preparation, so social area, so people on hand to help give advice on the city. It was also very expensive for what we got.

This B&B has no breakfast but bedbugs.

it was very interesting because hostel's name is bed and breakfast (b&b) but there is no breakfast :) i was know before coming here so it wasn't a problem for me. location is very well. touristic area just 10 min by walking but train station is so far about 30-35 min by walking. bb was very clean and stuff are doesn't speak english you should learn a little italian before coming here :) so in brief b&b was nice you can come this hostel

I don't think you could improve the place-its just too old. I have to admit I have not stayed in an older place. Definitely not value for money. No kitchen,or breakfast .

I arrived after 20.30 so nobody opened for me..after trying to call the number given on hostel world.com i got a message why i was calling and that nobody will open for me "that" late.. Location was great, but hard to find without any signs..

the stay was fine, specific atmosphere of a flat-hostel. However... the communication with the staff could have created problems due to our lack of italian language skills... but we finally succeeded in the transaction ;)

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts