Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

This place is not a bed and breakfast as it advertises. It isn't even a hostel. It's a woman's apartment. She rents some of the rooms in her apartment to permanent boarders and then she converted one bedroom and her living room into "dorms", where you can rent a bed. The hostel manager sleeps in the kitchen, and the kitchen is off limits even though advertised that you can use the kitchen for 10 Euros. I've used hostels for 10 years. This is the first time I cancelled early. Awful. Creepy.

You get what you paid for so don't expect a breakfast! Good beds, spacious bathroom and a very-nice-not-so-well-speaking-english-host. The location was awesome to find it... Not so much. You need to know where to be since its located inside a living complex. Luckily the whole neighborhood seem to be aware of it and when they spot you wandering around they will run to your aid! Mile grazie!

It is close to bus stops, mini market and small restaurants. You can walk from the B

Google map gave me a location further out than I was expecting, so make sure you look at the street name and number, but- its easy to find. It was nearer to the centre than I was expecting, so good location. There isn't a big sign outside, so look for no.126 and a buzzer is marked B

The breakfast was not offered as presumed!

• 8th Nov 2014

I really liked the fact that this B&B is actually a private house used as a B&B. The rooms and the bathrooms were clean and the location is perfect, in the centre but away from noises and crowds. The guy that will welcome is nice and available to provide you with information. If I will go back to bologna I would probably choose this B&B again

• 23rd Oct 2014

It was ok. Owner didn't speak much English but he did try and be helpful. Pretty tough to find, so you are warned. Decent place, but it was a bit strange because I was the only one staying in the dorm.

• 19th Oct 2014

I had to call them because the doorbell was switched off. hopefully I knew a few Italian words so I managed to enter eventually. The housekeeper smokes. Overall it's a bit weird but decent.

This hotel seems to be a non legal hostel, no advertisement on the street, just a name on the door beld difficult to find, and when you get in it's just a normal flat tranformed to an hostel. It's call 'bed and breakfast' but there is no breakfast, no common room, there is a kitchen but you cant access to it. But clean at least.

The bed e breakfast is borned for small places ,in italy the breakfast is availble With an extra charge

Very interesting little hostel - The lady was very kind but spoke no English and would continue to talk to you in Italian even after explaining you don't understand. People definitely got bitten by bed bugs while I was there but I was lucky and had no problem. 10 minute walk from centre of bologna. Good place to stay if you're just looking for a bed but not so much to make friends / experience hostel atmosphere

The front door can't be opened with the keys, which is not particularly convenient in the night time. The owner doesn't speak a word of english and is not particularly friendly. You are charged an extra 10€ if you arrive after 9 p.m. My bed was very bad (I can't say if it's the case for all of them) and the flat is very noisy. Even though 20€ / night is quite cheap, I wouldn't pay more than 10€ for this hostel... Only good point, it's well located.

If si possibile we ask to' chiose the bed At the ghest. After 8. 30 the re is a extra charge of 10euro, but is clear in the website.the staff is italian or spanish ,

get rid of bed bugs, have kegs that work

During the summer the re were bugs ,we used insetticide , when we notice them

Absolutely HORRIBLE PLACE. Nothing was clean. Stayed two nights in what can only be described as a CRACK DEN, Do NOT stay here. Front door would NOT open with the key, shower flooded, beds crammed into tiny rooms..NOT ALLOWED to use the kitchen when asked, but other guests were! Very UNFAIR.

BEDBUGS. The hostel is well situated about 10 minutes from the city center. The only problem is that already the first night I was biten by many bedbugs. I stopped counting after 83 bits (left arm + hand only). The lady there does ONLY speak Italien so it was very hard to explain the problem until I caught some bedbug. She moved me to another room however the following day I had some more bites and left immediately, even though I've paid for 3 nights. You'd better find another hostel!!!

Immediatly the se notices we used insetticide

nice place to stay, a little unorganised which adds to its charme,italian way of life,it is more a homestay than a hostel...

• 4th Aug 2014