Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

Bed and Breakfast minus breakfast ;) Inside someone's home. Stayed in a mixed dorm. Each bed had a lamp near it, blankets, sheets, pillows and some seating plus space under the bed to put your bags. About a 10 min walk to the leaning towers. Easy bus ride from Bologna Centrale (@15 min) & a quick taxi ride (@7-8 Euro). Owners don't speak much English but were nice. Bathroom has lots of towels, space, drying rack and space in the shower. Fairly quiet, calm ambiance. The nonna cleans daily.

Nice, cosy, relaxed place. The only problem really is that the old lady taking care of you does not speak any english - she's very nice though! Call the number provided to speak with someone else in english. All in all, I enjoyed my stay.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Please read: I stayed here one night and paid for my stay in cash and got a receipt (keep your receipt!) Then I looked at my bank account a few days later and my credit card had been CHARGED another day by this same hostel. It seemed intentional but I confronted them and informed hostel world (who were really helpful). I got my money returned! It was a decent place to stay just be careful!

This is a Bed and Breakfast without Breakfast :'( Your host is an Italian grandma, super kind but sadly not able to speak a word of English. The rooms are beautiful and really cozy, you definitly feel at home. Sadly there are no lockers or something similar and you cannot lock the doors either. The bathroom is big and beautiful but it is only one for more all the guests :-/

That's not a beb. Breakfast is not included as it should be and the shared dormitory is a 5 bed room with not facilities or places were to move and stuff already used. Not any lock or wardrobe for luggages. But the location is good and the owner kind. Good for not more than one night and with nothing of value.

The host is an old grandma.She can not speak English at all.But it is ok.very clean.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • China

don't expect efficient communication and any free service with the owner if you don't know Italian, except the money...we wanted to store our luggage for 2 horus when we checked out...the lady wrote some numbers on paper seeming to ask money for the storage...we left and put our luggange for free in the bar downstaris after we had breakfast there...

after taking the bus to Porta San Vitale , it's on the corner of the street, the door beside farmacia(as you can see on the 1st picture) however, they DON'T SPEAK English, so you have to try your best to let the host understand, though mostly you have to do is just fill in details. bathroom is very clean since they live in the kitchen(?). bed room is quiet and comfortable. center is within 10 minutes walk. only thing is if you are afraid of BIG DOGS then look for another place.

They treated me very kindly and I slept comfortably. They took for ever to open the door but they did eventually. The mattress was a little old and with springs but I have seen worsts. The shower is very clean and with lots of space (that is very important for me).

Good location, just within the city limits. Two hosts, one speaks some English and the other doesn't but both are very accommodating. Both separately came and said goodbye to me the night before I left which I thought was really sweet. Pros: lovely and clean bathroom Cons: male guest arrived at 3am & turned on light. His alarm kept going off all night &morning and the idiot wouldn't turn it off quickly. Would have been nice to have been told about him coming as it gave me a shock as I was alone.

I stayed only for one night. The hostel is located in the city centre and it was clean and the staff was gentle. The room where I slept was really particular with different colour walls. The bed was confortable. If you like animals, the owner has two beatiful dogs. During the night the problem was the little noise made by the machine of the street cleaning.

Bologna Bed and Breakfast is a very friendly hostel with colourfull rooms and bathroom and smiley owners.They are very helpfull and the hostel is a very nice place to rest after a tiring day.It is quiet and relaxing.The location is also practical,very close to the center and the unversity district.

Thank you for your entusiastic replay,you was a very polite gest and i m hippy you appreciate my job

Kinda a walk from the main parts. Clean and comfortable. Also, you get charged if you come past 11 or 10, which is highly inconvenient

It just an elderly woman sharing her home with guests. She speaks ZERO English but it was not too hard to figure out what she needed from you. Make sure you get there before 10 pm to avoid a 20 euro fee. Its not too far from the train stain or the city center. Beds are comfortable.

• 31st Oct 2013

Yes it s right. My fault is zero english but i try to hide my mistake With a smile,actualy i have bought a traslatori,thank for your comment. I wait to better

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. I particularly liked the ethnic style and how the place was decorated. Very original and welcoming. I hope to return some time soon. Cleanliness is top priority and the place even smells nice. Very friendly and nice hosts.

This B & B is a surprise to me for its prices. I thought it was like a typical hostel just call it B & B but I was surprised to know that it is very much a cosy B & B at cheaper than hostel prices. The location is central and easy to get around, the owner is friendly and helpful. The rooms and toilets are hugh for a city accommodation. I would recommend anyone visiting Bologna to this place.

I stayed there for three days and I had a great impression. The place is very comfortable and the has a good position, in a street which pass in the heart of the city. It's easy to found a place to eat, and it's a good start to go to see the sights. One thing which struck me above all else is the reception of the people who work there. They are very kind and friendly. It's a really Italian house

• 27th Oct 2013

Cool place, but a little hard to find.

• 25th Oct 2013

Very nice place just inside the historic center of Bologna. The rooms were clean and nice. The atmosphere was really cozy and comfortable. I recommend this place for all the young (at least inside!!!) people who do not have problem to share room with other guys.

• 18th Oct 2013

I paid more than advised (25 euro 4 for booking by credit card).total 29 euro. Without breakfast. I want back my 4 euros! i had to stay in the room with one boy . No keys of the room for both. So we had to accord for coming back after dinner. At the coming back. I found the room opened and one boy more. They added a bed while we were out! Awuful! Really. bad!!!

• 18th Oct 2013

I m sure thai you stay in the dorm and it s mixed ,the Prince of the bed changes according to the period ,in the website you Read thai the breakfast it s not included ,i i vite the gest to Read welfare the conditions of the hostel and speak creare at the moment of the check in

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts