Bologna Bed and Breakfast Reviews

San vitale 126, Bologna, Italy

The front door can't be opened with the keys, which is not particularly convenient in the night time. The owner doesn't speak a word of english and is not particularly friendly. You are charged an extra 10€ if you arrive after 9 p.m. My bed was very bad (I can't say if it's the case for all of them) and the flat is very noisy. Even though 20€ / night is quite cheap, I wouldn't pay more than 10€ for this hostel... Only good point, it's well located.

get rid of bed bugs, have kegs that work

Absolutely HORRIBLE PLACE. Nothing was clean. Stayed two nights in what can only be described as a CRACK DEN, and walked away with no less than 75 (I counted) BED BUG BITES. Do NOT stay here. Front door would NOT open with the key, shower flooded, beds crammed into tiny rooms..NOT ALLOWED to use the kitchen when asked, but other guests were! Very UNFAIR. Has cost at least €40 for my friend and I to buy creams/antibiotics (my friend's allergic to the bugs!) for the BED BUG BITES. NEVER STAY HERE!

BEDBUGS. The hostel is well situated about 10 minutes from the city center. The only problem is that already the first night I was biten by many bedbugs. I stopped counting after 83 bits (left arm + hand only). The lady there does ONLY speak Italien so it was very hard to explain the problem until I caught some bedbug. She moved me to another room however the following day I had some more bites and left immediately, even though I've paid for 3 nights. You'd better find another hostel!!!

nice place to stay, a little unorganised which adds to its charme,italian way of life,it is more a homestay than a hostel...

• 4th Aug 2014

Although the name of the hostel is Bed & Breakfast, you could only find a bed but not breakfast . The hostel is well located, near the train station and the city center. The staff doesn´t speak english at all, the dorms are poor and there is no possibility to use the kitchen. Note that if you arrive later than 22,00 you need to pay 10 euros more. One the other hand, towels and linen are provided and there is free wifi.

The hostel is quite small (5 beds in a room) but you have 2 big bathrooms, the staff is very nice and the atmosphere is great ! I met lots a cool people !

Nice bathroom that was clean enough, but no kitchen or real common area. Biggest problem is that there are bed bugs, which is just uncomfortable for all concerned.

I found a bug crawling on my pillow. I think this was my hostel nightmare come true. I checked into a nearby hotel. Otherwise it was a charming, yet cramped place. The lady that runs it does not speak English but the lady on the phone can.

The owner is an Italian lady that speaks NO English or Spanish at all... but she is quite kind and funny though. This place looks really different from others in which I have stayed before, but that was part of its charm I think. Stay here if you want a relatively comfortable stay, but forget about the "hostel" experience.

This B&B has no breakfast but bedbugs.

it was very interesting because hostel's name is bed and breakfast (b&b) but there is no breakfast :) i was know before coming here so it wasn't a problem for me. location is very well. touristic area just 10 min by walking but train station is so far about 30-35 min by walking. bb was very clean and stuff are doesn't speak english you should learn a little italian before coming here :) so in brief b&b was nice you can come this hostel

I don't think you could improve the place-its just too old. I have to admit I have not stayed in an older place. Definitely not value for money. No kitchen,or breakfast .

I arrived after 20.30 so nobody opened for me..after trying to call the number given on hostel world.com i got a message why i was calling and that nobody will open for me "that" late.. Location was great, but hard to find without any signs..

the stay was fine, specific atmosphere of a flat-hostel. However... the communication with the staff could have created problems due to our lack of italian language skills... but we finally succeeded in the transaction ;)

Good location, huge bathroom, big room, the bed was ok. They give you towels. It was supossed to be a Bed and Breafast, but NO breakfast was served. No kitchen, no facilities, no credit card accepted. It was really hot at night with no A/C. Noisy street on weekend. Clara, the lady from the reception was really nice. Good value for the money.

The old lady who working for the B&B is warmhearted, however, all the staff here only speak Italian. Moreover, this is B&B without breakfast. Location is not far from the city centre and unviersity.

The hostel's staff are eager and willing to help you even if their English isn't great. When I came back at night and almost walked up the wrong stairwell, the woman who had checked me in was there calling to me to take the right one- they clearly care about their guests and what they're doing. Although the hostel is a bit outside of the city center and maybe a half hour's walk from the train station, it is very nice and feels much more homely than many other hostels I've visited.

Really nice place to stay for a night. However, the owner/lady does not speak a word of English - so be prepared for that. But she's really really really nice and tries to understand you. Very clean place with comfortable beds.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights at The Bologna B