Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel Reviews

816 Haywood Road, Asheville, USA

Had a great night. Cool people and great location (although it's not downtown). This was my first hostel so it was a little hard to sleep in the dorm and the shower seemed a little iffy, but I'm new to this.

• 31st Dec 2015

Great hostel, felt like home! The staff is really friendly and helpfull. Would def go back there! Location is perfect. The bus will only cost you 1 dollar to get around Asheville.

We left a pair of loafers under the bed after checkout. Chris an employee gave us a call and asked what we want to do about them. We asked if he could ship them and he sent us the bill by venmo. We thought it was very nice of him to do that.

The hostel has a great vibe and the staff were great, however the downsides were numerous. The location, it's a 1 hour+ walk to downtown. The hostel itself was old and there is no air circulation so dampness might be a problem. It doesn't say it on Hostelworld but it is cash only on arrival. The security was good but there were rumours of a near fire there a few weeks ago so despite a strict front door policy I guess that makes it unsafe. Overall unmodern and dated, but great atmosphere.

It did get quite a little too cold at night, especially if you were by the windows, but besides that, everything was great.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Singapore

There were two people who totally started doing it in the bed across from me.

• 6th Nov 2015

very clean and inviting hostel..

• 6th Nov 2015

Check in staff was very rude upon arriving early at 'non check in hours'. Door was closed in our face and we had to wait outside for 3 hours. He later apologised but it really put a dampener on our stay. Facilities were okay, and the place was clean- although the shower drain clogged up pretty badly.

The hostel was a really relaxed place to come back to after a night out, the staff was incredibly friendly and was happy to either hang out with the guests or give the guests great ideas on what to/see in the area. Really clean beds and showers. I think the beds vary but the one i got was pretty soft & very comfortable.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Nice hostel. In West Asheville - cool bars and restaurants nearby but a 10 min drive to downtown. Comfy Beds and good vibes!

This hostel is awesome. Stayed there for one night on my way from Missouri to Raleigh, NC. It's a house, and definitely feels like a home. I stayed in a 5-bed dorm room and loved it. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and easy keypad access. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and I met people from all over the country. Loved it.

Had a great stay. 10 minute drive from downtown, but plenty to keep you busy in neighborhood.

Wow, is one amazing Hostel, Great staff, Very pleasant stay, I was only planning on a one day stay and extended it . I highly recommend. Amie and Chris are truly wonderful! I even met the owner during my stay and make sure to go on a Tuesday, they do a Pot Luck !

• 17th Aug 2015

Great hostel! Very friendly staff and atmosphere.

We loved it! The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere of the place is great! Everyone hangs out on the porch together and we met so many interesting people! We stayed on all kinds of places on our road trip, from cheap motels to upscale hotels and we enjoyed Bon Paul and Sharky's the most!

• 13th Aug 2015

Staff are amazing. Casual, cool vibe and a great location. A perfect budget and fun option in Asheville.

Fun place to stay, great spot near restaurants/bars in W Asheville; short car ride/Punic transportation ride to downtown Asheville. Would recommend visiting again!