Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel Reviews

816 Haywood Road, Asheville, USA

One of the better US hostels I've stayed in. Great staff; very helpful. Laid back atmosphere. Decent location with easy access downtown via a $1 bus. Lovely little place to stay, I highly recommend it.

We thought the room itself was good and clean, all the linens felt clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms didn't feel clean to us though. Mainly the bathtubs felt like they needed a good bleaching, which made the rest of the bathroom not feel clean (it might have been, but it was hard to tell). Also, there were people slamming doors after the 10:00pm "silent time" - I know the hosts likely didn't know that, but telling people to be careful with doors because it's LOUD in the rooms.

• 20th Apr 2015

I stayed overnight while passing through. Decent hostel in a lively neighborhood. Helpful staff and a good kitchen. The bathrooms could do with a renovation, but they were cleaned regularly. I'd stay here again.

Super friendly staff and full of Asheville's city knowledge. I would stay there again if I am around. And yes the dog is friendly too !

John and Lauren were wonderful and very helpful! The beds were comfortable and the hostel was overall very clean and well organized. The neighborhood was warm and welcoming and there was lots to do within walking distance of the hostel. Could not have asked for a better place to stay!!

• 16th Jan 2015

The location in West Asheville is good, the beds are comfy, and the hostel is clean. Unfortunately, two unacceptable issues marred my stay. First, no staff were on hand one night. The hostel devolved into obscene pandemonium. A family of five found it so intolerable as to leave. Second, a vicious dog is kept at the hostel. The dog snarled and lunged at me more than once, bit my shoes, and bared its teeth and put them around my hand and my leg. This animal is an accident waiting to happen.

We're sorry for your unfortunate stay. The night we did not keep regular hours was Thanksgiving. Our apologies the other guest here that night did not behave themselves as we spent time with our families. The dog is a puppy and a herding breed. She has nipped at, but never drawn blood from anyone. She'll be moving out soon to avoid any potential incidents.

This is a wonderful Hostel. Clean and comfortable, the mattresses are made of foam, beats the hell out of the bunks you might expect. West Asheville is great, Bon Paul & Sharky's is blocks from it all.

this small place is off of Haywood St. in Asheville near cafes & pubs. come early as there's only 4 parking spaces. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way for you. Bring cash as they don't accept credit card for payment. They made some great suggestions. Security consists of knowing the passcode for the door lock. Atmosphere is laidback and beds cozy for a hostel. there is a shared bathroom for the 2 rooms but there's a lesser used 1 downstairs next to kitchen. would stay here again

Yep, we try to keep as much money in the local economy and not shipped off to the credit card companies. Please bring cash. We are having another bathroom installed this winter to cut down on wait times. Staff does live on site in case there are any after hours security emergencies. Our number is posted, or just holler downstairs. PS- We're on Haywood "Road", not "Street" - just don't want anyone to get lost. Thanks!