Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel

• mads587
  • USA, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017
8.0

Colorful, unique hostel situated right in the middle of the quirky town of West Asheville. Great place!

13th May 2017
7.7

Inconsiderate women sharing the room made certain my night would not bring much sleep...Quiet 1.5 hrs after 'quiet hours', then disturbances at 12:40 and almost 2 am. My alarm awakened me to find a man sleeping in the women's room. Happily, there was hot water, nice people having breakfast & great eateries, bars nearby. Could be a '9'- push mgmt to enforce rules to improve YOUR stay.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2017
8.0

Lovely characterful hostel with a great Asheville vibe. However along with this it is quite a historic house and doesn't have modern hostel amenities like accessible plugs. Breakfast was disappointing but the location was good for west Asheville and a quick drive to town. Lovely staff, would go back overall.

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2017

Really enjoyed my two new guy stay here, would go again! Great location in west Asheville, uber to downtown only $7. Breakfast was very basic and only two bathrooms one upstairs one downstairs but can't complain for what we paid. Very friendly staff, we felt very welcome here

• USA, Male, 41+
26th Apr 2017

Loved the place and met friendly travelers from all over the country/world. It's simple and basic but I love that when traveling. It's a couple of miles from downtown Asheville but bikes are available for free and one may not want to leave West Asheville anyway as it is a very cool, hip and friendly area with some really good music venues and eateries of its own. I would definitely stay there again.

22nd Apr 2017

I spend there only one night. However, I enjoyed my stay a lot and spend a great evening with people I met there. Only disadvantage are there are only 2 bathrooms.

31st Mar 2017

This place was so cozy and welcoming. Really loved the very friendly staff. Met a friend for a lifetime there and the outdoor patio is so sweet.

21st Mar 2017

My friend and I had a wonderful time staying here. The staff was wonderfully helpful with tips for where to go and what to do in town. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms very clean, lockers available, and great vibe overall!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

Welcoming staff, cute decorations, well-kept place. Self-serve breakfast of PB&J, bananas, & hard boiled eggs. The place was pretty dead after quiet hours that start at 10pm (so if you want an undisturbed sleep before your early morning hike, that shouldn't be a problem).

10th Mar 2017

This was my first time staying in a hostel. I'm a little older than most of the guests, so I thought that might possibly be an issue. But it wasn't. For my purposes, this was a great value for the money. The one staff person that I met was very friendly and helpful. This was within walking distance of grocery store, reasonably priced restaurants and bars. I didn't feel unsafe walking to and from a restaurant at night. I had a great stay.