Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel

Superb 289 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Aug 2017
5.7

Facility not maintained properly. Bathroom door jamed all night long making lots of noise. Private room bed horrible . NO parking for the car on site, had to walk and park on main street. NO staff available.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
31st Jul 2017

Quite good hostel. I love it's location. There are a lot of bars and restaurants which has different vibe and feeling to others' in the downtown. Not bad transportation system near the hostel, you can easily catch the bus to the center of the city whenever. You may be happy even just hang around and chill out around the hostel and the village.

28th Jul 2017

Great stay with wonderful people! Great location as well...

• USA, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
8.0

Staff was great. Other guests were very friendly. Other hostels may have better facilities but the staff was top notch !

• USA, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2017

My 25 yr old daughter and I stayed here before heading home after a camping/paddling trip on the French Broad River. As an older adult, I have been hesitant to to stay in a hostel due to a preference for privacy over savings. Here we had a private room that was light, airy, charming and comfortable. The hostel itself a great funky, eclectic atmosphere. The location is excellent. There are many small shops, bars, and restaurants (and even a retro arcade) within a couple blocks of the hostel.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2017

A really great place. A cool vibe and helpful staff. The comfiest hostel bed I've ever stayed in! In fact I would probably say it was comfier than my bed at home! I wished I could have stayed longer to see more of the town.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Very homey hostel beds are extremely comfortable! Staff are very helpfull

4th Jun 2017

My trip to Asheville would not have been complete without this hostel. It's nestled in West Asheville (which is probably the "weirdest" part of Asheville) with a short bus ride available via public transportation OR Uber/Lyft. I met some awesome people among the guests and staff; we even organized to go to a concert together. Overall, it's an excellent place to stay!

• Cuba, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

The only thing that I didn't like was the attitude of the employee who received us. In my opinion, he was rude and impolite. The importance of a friendly face and treatment shouldn't be undermined.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
29th May 2017
6.6

No locks on the dorm rooms and back door is often left open so take a padlock for the (small) lockers available! Location is good and they have parking which is a bonus! The breakfast is a banana and coffee! At $30 each a night it's very overpriced (maybe it's due to location) however it's fairly clean and my bed was comfy!! Asheville itself is beautiful and I recommend checking out the blue ridge mountains!!

Sorry to hear that the back door was open. We do try to be very diligent about keeping the building secure. We do have plans to put locks on the dorm doors as well. Breakfast is a simple coffee, tea, toast, fruit, and eggs. We are not a B&B. The $30 includes the tax. Thanks!