Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel Reviews

816 Haywood Road, Asheville, USA

The registration online at the time of my registering, only gave me the option to stay in the dorm room and the bed was less than desirable, but for the money I can't complain. Excellent value if comfort is not an issue.

• 16th Jun 2014

We welcome guests of all ages, but have found with some of our older ones who desire the economy of a bunk would really be more comfortable in a private. We are not sure what issue prevented this guest from booking a private online, but it could have been resolved by asking at check in if a private was available. It is true that our dorm beds are in fact dorm beds. We are in the process of upgrading dorm mattresses one by one as money allows. All private rooms have new mattress.

Words cannot express how wonderful Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel is. Joe, Myles and even Ruby the dog open their doors and welcome everyone individually into a truly unique and homely atmosphere. I look forward to keeping in touch with them and returning time and time again!

• 22nd Apr 2014

I loved this place. Really cool, laid back community atmosphere. The staff was helpful and friendly. Clean floors and bathrooms and kitchen - you can tell the place gets a lot of attention. I loved the front porch, and the West Asheville area is amazing with tons of cool pubs and restaurants.

• 14th Apr 2014