Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel Reviews

816 Haywood Road, Asheville, USA

This was a nice place to stay for a night and everyone was very friendly and generally considerate including staff. However, the quality of the mattresses in the rooms varied a lot - I got one that was very poor and had no support at all so I basically slept on wooden planks all night while I noticed some of the other mattresses were memory foam. They could benefit from making sure all mattresses are of decent quality if they're going to charge the same rate for single beds.

• 26th Oct 2014

Yep, we are in the process of changing out all the mattresses as money allows. Sorry you got one of the last to be changed over. I think we're down to two left that need to be switched. We should have that complete by the end of the year.

Really great place to stay in Asheville! Plenty to walk to for quality coffee, bars, and restaurants. mmmm Nine Mile for dinner! A short $12 uber to downtown Asheville. Super comfy beds!

• 24th Oct 2014

This was a fun stay. My first hostel in the North American continent. They have a cash only policy that I was unaware of, but there's an atm one block away and they were so kind. They let me check in and get settled before I went and got cash. Also, they have a camping option! Wish I had known before hand that this was available. I could have saved some $, but over all I had a wonderful stay. I will probably stay there again...and camp next time!

Great spot in West Asheville. Near plenty to eat and drink. The best part is the vast porch for for people meeting and people watching.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

The location in West Asheville is really good, since it is easy to get the bus to Downtown and there's a lot of fun things going on at Haywood Road (where the hostel is) too. Everyone was very friendly and they even have a hot tub! I recommend it.

Privat double room is very nice and privat but even though there is a lot of space hooks are missing. Interessting and nice collection of a lot of treasuries all over the hostel create a comfortable atmosphere.

The registration online at the time of my registering, only gave me the option to stay in the dorm room and the bed was less than desirable, but for the money I can't complain. Excellent value if comfort is not an issue.

• 16th Jun 2014

We welcome guests of all ages, but have found with some of our older ones who desire the economy of a bunk would really be more comfortable in a private. We are not sure what issue prevented this guest from booking a private online, but it could have been resolved by asking at check in if a private was available. It is true that our dorm beds are in fact dorm beds. We are in the process of upgrading dorm mattresses one by one as money allows. All private rooms have new mattress.