Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel Reviews

816 Haywood Road, Asheville, USA

Wow, is one amazing Hostel, Great staff, Very pleasant stay, I was only planning on a one day stay and extended it . I highly recommend. Amie and Chris are truly wonderful! I even met the owner during my stay and make sure to go on a Tuesday, they do a Pot Luck !

• 17th Aug 2015

Great hostel! Very friendly staff and atmosphere.

We loved it! The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere of the place is great! Everyone hangs out on the porch together and we met so many interesting people! We stayed on all kinds of places on our road trip, from cheap motels to upscale hotels and we enjoyed Bon Paul and Sharky's the most!

• 13th Aug 2015

Staff are amazing. Casual, cool vibe and a great location. A perfect budget and fun option in Asheville.

Fun place to stay, great spot near restaurants/bars in W Asheville; short car ride/Punic transportation ride to downtown Asheville. Would recommend visiting again!

Bon Paul & Sharky's was the coolest yet warmest place! The guests and staff were all super down to earth and friendly, making all travelers feel at home.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very nice cozy hostel staff were friendly even joined in on drinks outside. The hostel had a mixed age group and wasnt catering just to the typical backpacker.

Overall the hostel was great! Adorable house, great location, yummy breakfast. The only thing I would suggest is creating more of a community atmosphere by organizing a hostel happy hour, barbecue, bar crawl, etc.

Thanks! We actually host a hostel potluck one night each week to bring people together:)

Staff was super helpful - I arrived very late and they made sure I could get in. Much appreciated.

Although my time at the hostel was short, it was thoroughly enjoyable. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I loved the giant wall map and the front porch is one of the best places to hang out and chat. The location is really cool and has a lot to offer. I totally recommend the gas station bar (brew pump). It is too fun.

• 20th May 2015

They were amazing!!!! Joey was sooooo helpful and nice!! It was completely worth the money and had cute shops all around. I would and will definitely come back!!! I love this place!!

• 5th May 2015

One of the better US hostels I've stayed in. Great staff; very helpful. Laid back atmosphere. Decent location with easy access downtown via a $1 bus. Lovely little place to stay, I highly recommend it.

We thought the room itself was good and clean, all the linens felt clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms didn't feel clean to us though. Mainly the bathtubs felt like they needed a good bleaching, which made the rest of the bathroom not feel clean (it might have been, but it was hard to tell). Also, there were people slamming doors after the 10:00pm "silent time" - I know the hosts likely didn't know that, but telling people to be careful with doors because it's LOUD in the rooms.

• 20th Apr 2015

Yep, painting the bathtubs is on our short list of things to do. Trust us though, we spray bleach in them twice a day (as well as wipe down the sink, toilet and floor). Sorry about the guests slamming doors. You'd think common courtesy would have people be quiet during quiet hours, coming in late, and not slamming doors. But alas, it happens in a hostel. We do offer free earplugs on the front desk in a hot pink box that says FREE real big on it. Maybe you missed that.

I stayed overnight while passing through. Decent hostel in a lively neighborhood. Helpful staff and a good kitchen. The bathrooms could do with a renovation, but they were cleaned regularly. I'd stay here again.