Borges Design Hostel Reviews

Paraguay 4539, Buenos Aires,Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well located in the Palermo district. The pictures on hostelworld are deceiving as the hostel is quite run down. We stayed in a 3rd floor room which was next to the elevator. Quite noisy. Also the price on hostelworld was much higher than the price they had listed and charged if you came in from the street. NOT OKAY.

Nice staff, a cute black cat on the halls, a nice position in Palermo, not a great breakfast and not a great shower.

A hostel in a great location but the photos def look better than reality. This is a very tired looking hostel than could do with some updating.

Great place with a nice patio to chill and enjoy. Perfectly situated in Palermo.

• 5th Mar 2013

Regular hostel in most respects, however I paid a premium for a single room and the mattress was all springs. Additionally, to flush the toilet I had to pull on a wire that stuck up through a hole in the wall. Fix that!

• 5th Jan 2013

the building is old. I have been in a single room. Extremely expensive for what they have to offer. Could be better to look for other places, but in Buenos Aires everything is almost the same.

In a word: overpriced. For $145 per person per night in a twin room, we could've stayed in a much nicer basic hotel. We had a leak in the corner of our room which ruined a new handbag my friend had bought during the night and there were other little things wrong (WiFi didn't work in room, room next to elevator was very loud, no eggs/pancakes at breakfast as stated on the advert, no shower head, leaky shower) that I could tolerate if it wasn't so expensive. I would choose to stay elsewhere.

We stayed in an double. The first night was in a double without aircondition. This room was ok, but the better one was the room with aircondition. It´s a big hostel and it was good, but not the best on our travel.

Very helpful staff, nice courtyard for having breakfast, nice clean rooms.

• 22nd Jan 2012

Excellent hostel!

The staff were all very nice and polite, very good customer service. My only concern is the safetyness, I don't see any smoke alarm incase of fire in the building. Maybe, I just didn't not see them . But we enjoyed or stay, it was pleasant. Highly recommended :)

• 12th Sep 2011
  • Philippines

Ask to stay in a 3th floor room. They are better!

Friendly staff and good location close to many things in Palermo and to the subway, museums and parks. Good breakfast and friendly with children.

Ótima localização, pessoal simpático e atencioso, ambiente bem decorado, roupas de cama limpas. Recomendo.

Average hostel, not worth its money for a private double ensuite, thats for sure. Very old and worn down room, also extremely humid and warm, a phan in the ceiling which didn't work to well. The staff was very nice and helpfull, though. It's location is great, next to plenty of very good restaurants and shops.

In all honesty, this review would have been higher had I stayed there during the colder months but...my room was just so damn hot! I'd wake up everyday sweating, it was just a very uncomfortable experience. That being said, the value was great...I had my own room and bathroom for a very reasonable nightly rate. The staff is also pretty nice and helpful. The location, though not close to 9 de Julio or San Telmo, happens to be in Palermo Soho which is a great area...

We stayed in a spacious double en-suite room. Shower was massive and hot. The Hostal has a lift which is great when you've had enough of lugging backpacks up stairs. Reception speaks english and are very helpful in planning your outings. There is a nice outdoor area Location is great too - close to the zoo and gardens, bus & subte, supermarket, many cafe/restaurants. Bike rental company a couple of blocks away. The area is ideal for a leisurely bike ride through the parks.

The staff were friendly & very helpful. The location is fantastic & the rooms look cool. I highly recommend Borges Design Hostel to stay in for your next trip to Argentina.

• 10th Nov 2010

Brilliant hostel in best barrio in Buenos Aires. The location is second to none - close to great pubs, clubs, restaurants, boutiques etc. The area in Palermo is really safe, quite trendy and has excellent transport links with the Subte at Plaza Italia a mere 5 minute walk. The hostel itself is modern and clean with all mod cons and a nice kitchen. Breakfast is decent and there is a lovely mix of travelers from all over the world - it is popular with other South Americans too. Finally a special mention to th

A great location in the Palmero area close to bars and cafes and a short walk to the tube station, great free breakfast of tea,coffee, bread, cereal, dulce leche ! a great place to stay in a lovely city

« first « Prev 1 2 3