Brighton Youth Hostel.....by the Sea Reviews

11 Seafield Road, Brighton, England

Far away from city centre, like 30 minutes. Very few toilet for so many people. Very expensive, 80 pound (2 beds, 1 night, sharing bedroom with a few people more) Rude staff, more interested in collecting more money than in our confort. Bad facilities, old and very uncomfortable bed apart from the person who was snoring the whole night as a truck.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Was a fair walk to Brighton Pier as the Hostel is in Hove, but was a lovely walk by the sea so we didn't mind as much. Overal we were pleased with our stay.

my room was clean and comfortable and the staff and guests were all friendly. Close to shops nice big grocery shop just up the road and transport and the beach are all right on the doorstep.

polite, helpful staff, amazing (and SAFE!) location, very clean and well maintained facilities. I travel to Brighton often, and you can be I will be staying here every time, price is cheap and the guests are friendly

I filled the following "Refund Request form" at the reception on 7th of August but still I haven't any answer about. "The room S6 given to us is very ugly, not clean and very bad in respect to the kind of room shown on your web site. The room S6 has no picture at all on your website nor asking about that at the reception. You should sell what You show otherwise it's not a correct policy and business. Trusting in your seriousness i look forward to have a full (100%) refund, thank You".

• 6th Aug 2015

The kitchen was not too bad but a clear doored shower in a mixed dorm is no incentive to use it and if someone entered the room while you were showering they would get a close up view and so would anyone in the hallway . The day i used the shower in the hall it was blocked.

UNSAFE! Even if desperate, avoid the place! In my over 10 years of travelling in and outside Europe, this is by far the worst hostel I have stayed at! This is probably the nearest you could get to experience the scenes from the film Hostel (2015). Unfortunately, I did not read the online reviews before booking. The hostel is not in Brighton, but Hove, there are issues with smell, cleanliness and it does give an impression of a shelter.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

The people at the desk were all very eager to help and guide thank you to you there is a shopping/eateries area close by (night manager was friendly and very helpful).

• 29th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very friendly and accommodating staff. only downside I can think of is that the WiFi is not so strong on upper floors. A good cheap place to stay

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Overall the place was really clean, secure and good value for money. Highly recommended!!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The security is quite good, I really like how to get into my room by using password.

Good size common room and communal areas makes sure that everyone makes new friends and meet other people there.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Would stay there again. The rooms are nice and outside garden is lovely at this time of the year

was very hot and quite small, would be even better with some fans ;) in the common area too but would highly recommend this hostel for all needs!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Austria

The wifi is free Rooms are nice however. No AC. Baths are Ok. Common room and outside area are very clean and nice to use. No drinking or staying outside after 10 so you either watch a movie or take the party somewhere else.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Nice staf, Nice dog. Verry clean Good kitchen

• 29th Jun 2015

I won't go back to this hostel... the rooms were small and the bathrooms weren't clean. It is true that I didn't have so much luck with my roomates because they had everything in the floor... And the hostel, although it is located in a safe area, it is far from the center. It wasn't that bad because I went walking by the seaside and it was a pretty walk.

purely functional stopoff in the area that is comfortable and very clean, helpful friendly staff, pretty secure and reasonably cheap, this is a good choice. I would definitely stay again if I needed to in the area.

The cleaners did a great job with my room. I accidentally left chocolate stain on my bed sheet but they replaced it the very next day. There are some nice stores like tescos up the road,a nd the bus was like 30 seconds walk. Sea front!!! Beer garden.. lovley summer place

The hostel isn't in a great location it's very dirty and over priced for where it is.

« first « Prev 1 2 3