Broadford Backpackers Hostel Reviews

High Road Broadford Isle of Skye, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Fantastic place. The common room is nice and homely stacked in board games, movies, tea and coffee- perfect after a days hiking!

Very basic, old furniture and messily decorated. Overall appearance very shabby and not very good value for money.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Despite the claims on the website, it was not possible to do laundry. We had just arrived from a seven-days hike so that was rather annoying. The wifi did not work in the room and even in the dining room it was very weak. Otherwise the double room was ok, and the showers were clean.

Our stay was nice, clean showers, nice lounge room, well equipped kitchen and dining room. Two things bothered me, though. The lights in the lounge room were very dim, it was very hard to read in a book. And there was mold at the window in our room, you should take care of that before it gets worse.

I had a pleasant stay at your hostel.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Loved it. Great hostel, good facilities and good location.

Very clean en nice location !

• 31st Jul 2015

It is a decent hostel, at a walking distance from bus stop.....which is a big plus point in Skye ! It's a lil old and infrastructure is not the latest, its clean though. However, my room had a peculiar annoying smell which may not be the case wit all the rooms. Decent kitchen and very big parking area around. WiFi was slow because hostel was full. Good value for money and warm staff.

After I visited several hostels I found this place beyond the expectations! Big rooms, cleaned, quite atmosphere... perfect!!!

• 8th Jul 2015

Generally good but beds were very saggy and uncomfortable.

During the first evening there was a tremendous noise because of a malfunction of the water supply. It was unpossible to sleep before 12 pm, when nobody used water any longer. We had a private room for two and paid 57 £ per night and stayed for 4 nights. In the kitchen and the toilets the towels were not changed every day, exept for this truble the hostel was clean. The showers are very good. The kitchen ist badly equipped, if there are many guests.

• 7th Jul 2015

Nice staff, good laundry service and overall Ok hostel. Beds very squicky, make a lot of noise. Also one of the top bunks in my dorm had slanted roof over it where the stairs were making it hard to climb in and out of it. Terrible WiFi though same seems to be everywhere in the Isle.

Wifi not working properly available only in the common room. Bed wet due to the rain, upper floor very hot during the night, not enough toilets. Nice living room, free tea and coffee, staff very kind. Amazing place but terrible weather.

cool staff, nice hostel, excellent common area, well equipped kitchen!

The bathrooms and toilets were not cleaned every day. I had to inform the staff that the stains in one toilet bowl had been there for two days. Tea towels in the kitchen were filthy. New ones should have been provided every day. Part of my group (my brother's family) were given the family room above the boiler (Room 3). The room was as hot as hell, and no one could sleep properly. We had to request a change of rooms. It didn't help that none of the windows had nettings and couldn't be open.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It's one of the nicest hostel I've been to so far. The staff are friendly and sociable; and to tup it up, you can also buy free-range eggs from the chickens from the hostel's yard. I hope I have the opportunity to go back :-D

First of all the plumbing was loud like drill running through the wall ,wall are paper thin and you can hear was others are doing in the toilets and in there rooms . Management was anything less then professional,they entered our room and moved our personal items without our permission. Kitchen was clean workable but beware of permanent residents as they are somwhat angry. Luckily we had great weather and didn't have to stay on premises much at all . I would not recommend staying here .

• 13th Jun 2015

Water pipes in one of the toilets made very very loud noise, it's almost like someone is drilling through the wall.

Linens for both beds had some dirtiness left, matress and bed not comfortable.

If we'd known there was a cat at the hostel we never would have booked. Two people in our party have allergies to cats and had couldn't use the upstairs lounge because of all the cat hair. We're glad we were only there one night. Also, our room was in the hallway with the showers, which was constantly very humid, making it even harder to breathe when one of us was having a bad reaction to the cat hair. We would like to thank the staff though, for kindly letting us check in a bit after hours.

« first « Prev 1 2 3