Cabinas El Pueblo Reviews

Santa Elena Monteverde Puntarenas, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Perfect place! I stayed 3 nights, it was so calm and charming! I will recommand to anyone to stay overthere! Good coffee, clean ( room and kitchen), breakfasts is ok, the manager is great and helpful.

• 15th Apr 2014

Great stay. We enjoyed the rooms, the location, the communal kitchen, the outdoor area... virtually everything. Staff are knowledgeable and helpful, the free coffee from their own plantation is a nice treat. Breakfast is included and very tasty, I wish we could have stayed longer.

Great tourist desk, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. They picked us up no charge from the bus station and recommended excellent tours! Thank you!

• 6th Feb 2014

We arrived by bike 2 days in advance and wanted to change our dates of staying 2 days in advance. Although there was place they were not flexible to help us. Also the room was very small. The breakfast was o.k. The day after I spoke to the owner and she told me that they would try to find somebody for the extra night we paid but would not sleep in th Cabinas but we never heard anything again.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

We loved our stay here! The owes are so sweet! They provided breakfast and free coffee all day! We also got to see the resident sloth in the tree across the street! The owner pointed it out to us. It is cold up there though so you will actually need a sweater or wind breaker! Monteverde was not our favorite place just because of the elevation! Brrrr!!!

The people at the hostel did not tell us how to get warm water in the shower. Something on the shower exploded and water was all over the place because the staff did not inform us how to use that particular shower. They had notes everywhere on the wall with rules (ex: "If you do not keep our kitchen clean you will be fined with 30$"). The first night we were locked outside because they did not show us how this special lock works. Breakfast was just next to our room, so very loud very ealry.

Barbara I am so sorry for not being the hostel you expected, what happens is that you do not know how to work the door key but explain you and no more problems with the door, and I told you how it is that hot water it works. With breakfast here is served from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. what happens is that you wanted to sleep later and after that time there was no breakfast sorry I could not sleep. But thanks for your comment try to be better.

Best budget deal for double room not only in Monteverde, but in whole Costa Rica during our road trip.