Cabinas Vista Al Golfo Reviews

300 meters southeast of the supermercado la espera, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Fantastic place, great views, wonderful staff, amazinggg colorful-clean-bright rooms. Had a great time, thanks so much!

We really enjoyed our stay. The lady that helped us at the front desk was wonderful and knowledgeable. She helped us book great tours! The price was great. Hostel had bright colors, character and nice hangout areas. Lockers were nicely sized and easy to store valuables. Only complaints were we arrived at night and it was difficult to find the place. And we stayed on the bottom floor and voices in common room carried easily into the bedroom, so it was difficult to fall asleep.

The breakfast was good and different everyday. We enjoyed our stay and would have stayed longer if we could have. This place is well organized and if you book activities with the hostel, they will come pick you up right at the door.

We had a great time here! Wish we could have stayed longer. Awesome value for our money, that's for sure! In addition, Monteverde was beautiful. I liked that our hostel was a bit removed from the downtown and partying but close enough for us to go there and have access to everything.

• 11th Jul 2014

This was my favorite place out of all 5 hostels I stayed in while in Costa Rica! It was very clean, had the least amount of bugs (which was a really annoying problem in all of the others), had consistently hot water, and the front desk staff was wonderful. They really helped us figured out what activities we wanted to do and then they booked them all for us. The double room I stayed in was very spacious and clean and actually slept 4 people.

• 30th Jun 2014

Decent location, good view and fun social common area. Staff was very helpful with planning day trips and booking things for us. Breakfast was great as well. I'd recommend this hostel in the area for sure!

Ro and the staff were amazing! Ro helped book affordable tours (Monteverde Cloud Forest, El Trapiche Coffee Tour, Selvature hanging bridges) and transportation (shuttle-boat-shuttle to La Fortuna). The rooms are clean, community spaces are nice to chat with fellow travelers, and breakfast is nice. One suggestion though ... it would be wonderful if you could provide more bathrooms for the dorms (12 people sharing 1 bathroom can be challenging). Besides that, the hostel experience was great!

Although the monte verde area isn't the largest area in Costa Rica it's still fun going through and checking out, and I recommend staying here. The guy at the counter ("Go" if I remember right) is incredibly friendly and helpful, very polite and knowledgeable. You don't need to stay in the area more than a couple nights.

It was amazing, great view, great place, great atmosphere and above all, amazing staff

• 31st May 2014

Cabinas vista al golfo was fantastic!! The owner/operator was so friendly and fun. He helped us with transportation and eagerly arranges tours and adventures for you. Breakfast was delicious. The view from the second floor (complete with hammocks & hammock chairs, full window pane walls & balcony) is incredible. We watched storms roll in and the clouds completely obscured the forest covered mountains. The rain forest itself is breathtaking and Cabinas vista al golfo just put the cherry on top!!

• 30th May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it! I wish I stayed longer. They have a really awesome kitchen with an amazing view, and their hammocks were heavenly! They are just slightly off the beaten path which made for a very tranquil atmosphere. My only complaint is that their profile on hostel world says they have a pool, which they very much do not. I would definetly recommend this place!

Located in the tiny town, you are close to everything. It is along a dirt road so don't bring rolling luggage unless you want to work. The man at the front desk was hilarious and so helpful. We booked all our excursions through them. Breakfast was delicious and everyone was very nice. I would recommend staying here.

Location may be hard to find - we used the pictures to spot it from the street below. Very clean, very nicely decorated, GREAT bathrooms! We had cold water which happens a lot at tiny tucked away towns. Front desk guy was HILARIOUS. Also very helpful with booking our tours - definitely book through him! Great price. Breakfast was great. Stayed up late to watch the lightning from Room #7! Best view in the hostel! Easy walk to restaurants and stores! Stay here!!

A good place to stay overall, they're great for organising tours etc ,although the bathroom stank badly of dirty water or something and during our 4 day stay they never emptied our used bog roll bucket.

Staff was really helpful and welcoming. Great hostel.

• 17th May 2014

If you like a hostel with many rules - this is the place for you. Typically it's a one man show running the hostel, which isn't the best to conduct business. As he's busy booking tours and such, there's no one else to check people in (which is my recommendation). Had to wait over an hour to check in due to this. The location is ok, a bit off the beaten path. And the atmosphere is so-so. Most people disappear off to their own room at night. Should have stayed at the Monte Verde Hostel Lodge.

My friend and I had a great experience at cabinas Vista al golfo. Breakfast was great, water was hot, and the staff was awesome! They are more than happy to help you book tours or give suggestions about what to do and where to go. The other guests really helped shape our experience as well, they were all so nice. Highly recommended!!

This is a lovely hostel for any sort of traveler to enjoy! It has an absolutely stunning view, and the breakfast every morning is great. Ro, the guy at the front desk, is fantastic. He's beyond helpful when it comes to figuring out which company to book with for whatever Monteverde adventure you seek, as well as being quite helpful in figuring out/booking transportation. I would highly recommend this hostel!

We Loved our experience at Cabinas Vistas El Golfo! The staff especially Ro at reception was fantastic. The Owner Annalee (not sure of spelling) was present cleaning and working every day. She was very friendly but just make sure you clean up after yourselves! We met a lot of nice people from around the world here. The atmosphere was laid back and quiet. If your into Parting all night she has another Hostel Down town!

great staff, super helpful. Nice breakfast that differed every day. The view us nice and the private room we had was great. The kitchen is well equipped. The WiFi was good and reached the rooms.