Cabinas Vista Al Golfo Reviews

300 meters southeast of the supermercado la espera, Monteverde, Costa Rica

We left a deposit for the room keys, however when we went to check out in the morning the was no one in the office to refund our money. As a result we were forced to leave without our deposit.

Dorms can't be locked. The place is very cold and windy all the time. On every door/wall/table are notes about what you should and shouldn't do. They are really weird about booking tours with them en nowhere else. They used my creditcard without my permision. This is why I left after my first night.

Nice and clean hostel, friendly staff and good oraganised activities.Only thing is that the travel information they give you are somewhat outdated. For example for busses from Puntarenas you are much better off checking the Facebook page 'Horarios de buses Costa Rica Pacifico Central'.

Banging free breakfast. Super helpful staff. Comfortable accommodations. Sweet view.

Great service, so friendly, yummy FREE breakfast, right next to a YUMMY soda (la amistad) GREAT for the price. Loved it. Traveled with 4 friends, all college students.

• 6th Mar 2015

Conveniently located in safe area. Extremely helpful and nice staff. Good breakfast. Clean overall. Nice view. They'll help you with booking activities at an interesting rate. Monteverde is very windy and it can be difficult to sleep at night but nobody can do anything about it.

New hostel in an amazing spot. The house is really big and has multiple terrasses to enjoy some drinks with an sensational view over The bay. The owner is really sweet and helpfull. The hostal also has a small little boat which you are free to use to pedal in The bay. It was fantastic!

Good compromise between a hostel and a hotel. Breakfast is basic but nice. The shower in a private room was nice and hot but the shared ones did not work as readily. Problematic check in, they did not have the room we had reserved initially.

The facility itself is very nice. The staff and vibe is not good at all. At 6:20 am, a staff member was talking extremely loudly on the telephone outside the dorm rooms while everyone was still sleeping. So rude! Also, was in the dorm resting and the door kept blowing open so i locked it. The worker told me I wasnt allowed to close the door, which was crazy. They also are weird about booking tours ONLY through THEM. Go elsewhere. Guests just seem to be an inconvenience to the staff.

• 26th Feb 2015

Great place and location! The staff was super helpful and friendly, and the free breakfast was an added bonus. I'll definitely be back!

If there is a place to stay in Monteverde at a decent price THAT would be the one! I feel really lucky I could have 2 nights out of 4 there...It was cleaner than clean, they have THE view on the peninsula and the communal spaces are well made and equiped so everybody can cook and eat without problem. The staff was also very friendly. A must reserve before go to Monteverde! Canadian couple

• 21st Feb 2015

Had a very nice stay at cabinas vista al golfo! All the staff was very helpful and we felt as welcome as we could. Everything is nearby and you can get your tours booked right at the reception. 1 !

This was my favorite hostel while I was in Costa Rica. The facilities are beautiful and spacious, with lots of space to chill out and read or meet and chat with new people. It was easy to meet people and make friends. The views were amazing from common areas, lots of books and games to use. Breakfast was delicious and always filling. Staff were very helpful although at times hard to find. One morning we had no hot water, but our room was spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hostel!

The best hoste we had in 4 weeks costa rica, cleanliness was top (also the kitchen).

Such an awesome hostel with fantastic staff. Not a single complaint. The view is so beautiful too. I loved spending multiple nights here!

They didn't clean my room everyday. The staff are nice, but sometimes they suggest the trip too much. The atmosphere in the hostel is very nice, you can meet a lot of people there.

This hostel, aesthetically, is nothing to write home about, but the atmosphere is amazing. The single common room is a fantastic place to meet new friends and find new adventures. This was one of the most interpersonally rewarding hostels I have stayed at. The community within the common room is what makes this place great. It's a little difficult to find your first time in the area, but is definitely worth the stay. Be sure to talk to your fellow hostel-mates and make friends!

Very clean hostel with a good atmosphere, good location. Only downside is that it's really really cold here in the evenings and the 'hot' water shower really isn't very hot. But the staff's really friendly and the free breakfast is so nice: fresh fruit and pancakes or scrambled eggs!

• 31st Jan 2015

I really liked this place. It has 2 kitchens and the free breakfast was great addition to the start of our day. Monteverde has been one of my favorite places in Costa Rica. It is constantly windy, the land scape is beautiful and this hostel was a great base camp to come back to after an action packed day. It was close to everything.

Cool place..real chill vibe. They kept everything pretty clean and it was one of the best beds I've slept in. Location is just a few minutes walk from everything Downtown. The electric stove downstairs sucked so cooking was an issue but other than that no complaint. Staff was super helpful on travel and tours. Would def stay.again

« first « Prev 1 2 3