Cabinas Vista Al Golfo Reviews

300 meters southeast of the supermercado la espera, Monteverde, Costa Rica

This place is amazing! Ru, The guy at the front desk is very helpful and funny! Very good place to meet solo travelers! We had a great time! I will be back!

This is a super cozy hostel, the common area makes it very easy and inviting to meet other travellers and Ru, the receptionist is super energetic, kind and helpful. After being there only one night he knew my name and was always checking in to make sure everything was good. I'd recommend this hostel.

• 15th Apr 2014

Only stayed one night but had a really nice stay. Rooms were clean and comfy, nice inside and outside common areas. I met some great people and it was easy walking distance to everything. The "orientation" was a bit long winded since I only had one day, but Ro was very helpful and friendly and I appreciated his honest opinion about what tours to do and which to avoid. Can't beat the value for the money here!

The front deak gentleman was amazing! He was so helpful and knowledgeable and made planning our day trips really easy. I liked that the location was a little off the beaten path but not too far from town. I would recommend staying here again for sure! The next hostel we went to in another town was disappointing compared to our great stay here!

• 11th Apr 2014

Beautiful views!!! Ro, the man at the front desk, was super amazing and helpful. He gave us honest reviews of the best things to do in Monteverde and we had a fantastic trip as a result. Breakfast was surprisingly good both days (no stale toast and cheap cereal!). The room was fine, but our private had a huge window with a gorgeous view of the cloud forest. Definitely recommend staying here.

AMAZING. Would stay here again. Rho, the hostel owner, is so helpful in planning things to do. He is honest, friendly, and sincere. It's not a party atmosphere, but it's certainly a great hostel.

Great Room. We had the best view from our room and it was very quite at night. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, flatware, and silverware. The free breakfast was also good. It was nice to have computers and internet to use. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful!

we booked 2 rooms à 2 pax. when we arrived we were told they didnt have our rooms. they gave us a roomupgrade for a 4 pax room but we wanted 2 seperate rooms. when we asked if they can give us a laundry for free or lower the price the receptionist got really angry. he said he didnt care

Excellent hostel! Very friendly and helpful staff!

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere, the only issue was the strong winds making a lot of noise at night probably due to the location - we heard other guests sharing similar feedback. Also, Ro the reception guy was very helpful although he seemed to always be busy talking to people checking in, he tried his best but it felt like there should someone in charge of the check-in and someone else of booking activities for the hostel guests.

This Hostel is amazing! From the balcony you have an awesome view right across Monteverde and the Hostel offers enough amazing space to relax and catch up with other travelers. There is free coffee and tea throughout the day and the breakfast includes either pancakes or scrambled eggs - a perfect start into the day. The guy who runs the Hostel, Ro, is incredibly helpful and makes your stay a real pleasure. I highly recommend this place and wish you a joyful stay!

Ro the owner was really great and very helpful, as well as the other staff that were there when Ro wasn't. Included breakfast was quite good. Two really kitchens for guest use were clean, organized and never very busy. Great views from the upper levels, and plenty of tables and spots to hang out in.

wonderful place to stay, lots of great communal area's to meet fellow travelers. The actual facility is a bit dated, but very clean and it has an lovely view over Monteverde and the rainforest while you're eating breakfast, can't be that!

I would 100% recommend this hostel, the staff were so helpful and welcoming. You get so much more than you pay for. The hostel was central but still peaceful, the view was fantastic. What really made the experience so amazing was Ro (the receptionist) who went out of his way to help us.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Costa Rica

I absolutely loved this hostel, mostly because the man running it, Ro, was one of the most delightful people I have ever met. He was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and greatly enhanced our time in Monteverde. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• 6th Jan 2014

The rooms were clean and the staff (Ro) was amazing. Would highly recommend this hostel/hotel when visiting the monteverde area. Kitchen was clean and had everything needed to cook. Ro was so helpful in every regard. You will not be disappointed.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Un sitio excelente para relajar. Nos ofrecieron mucha informacion sobre los actividades y en general de Monteverde. Muchas gracias!

This place must have one of the best views in this area., The kitchen area is particularly nice and gives you a wonderful view. They've made it very comfortable with hammocks. I loved this place. Ro, the Italian guy is AMAZING, incredibly helpful. Breakfast is included and is good. I would only stay here if in the area again.

Very helpful staff. Amazing view. Free breakfast. Great room. Walking distance to restaurants and everything we needed.

• 23rd Nov 2013

This was the best hostel I have ever stopped in. It was clean, great value and the staff were very freindly and helpful. Top place!

• 16th Nov 2013