Cabinas Vista Al Golfo Reviews

300 meters southeast of the supermercado la espera, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Great place to stay. Very friendly and hospitable. Would stay again.

This place was amazing.

• 4th Oct 2014

So Great! We had a private room with washroom and it was the best hostel experience we have ever had. Bring earplugs if you can though as motorcycles drive by at very early hours in the morning:)

• 4th Oct 2014

Very nice place to stay! The rooms are very clean and comfortable and in great condition. The staff is very nice and helpful and is always up for answering questions of all kind, including recommending great tours. The many notes in all rooms, telling you what and what not to do were a bit intimidating and made me feel a little uncomfortable in the common areas. Also, I didn´t get to feel much atmosphere; which might have been due to the rain season and a lack of many fellow travellers.

Very clean. Excellent location. The staff are helpful with tours and very friendly. Good breakfast with fruit, toast and coffee. Strongly recommend!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was nice that breakfast was provided and the food was really good.

very clean hostel. room gets cleaned everyday. good breakfast. cooking facilities. staff is very helpful. we had a nice stay. I would recommend it.

The staff was very friendly! This hostel was well priced and came with a free breakfast of coffee, pancakes, and fresh fruit. The road noise was a little loud bc it is located on a hilly dirt road and most people drive dirt bikes in this town which are loud. It has a very cute kitchenette with a gorgeous view. Some of our friends stayed at Monteverde Hostel Lodge which was great too! I preferred that location personally

• 3rd Aug 2014

A fantastic Hostel with helpful and friendly staff. The pictures on here don't do it justice. We had a private room which was very nice and the dorms looked great too. It's very clean and a nice chilled, but sociable atmosphere. The staff are really good with booking any tours you want and the breakfast is awesome. Highly recommend this Hostel.

The Rooms need nicer and brighter wallpaintings. The location is a bit out of town. Otherwise the view on the rainforest and the valley is not bad if the weather is good.

The staff are more interested in taking bookings for tours than checking existing customers, to check.in I waited an hour. The hostel is very clean and the beds were comfortable

Great hostel, very nice people. A little walk from outside town but that makes it even better too. Always with cool people and it's a very chill environment. If you're a picky person then don't go. If you want to meet people and be in a great young environment, then this is the place for you.

The female owner and some of the girls that work there were very rude. While making breakfast, they were talking badly about the guests in Spanish, and when I told them in Spanish that they were being incredibly rude and unprofessional, they were very taken aback. However, they gave me dirty looks for the rest of my stay and the girl who was bringing out the breakfast literally dropped the plate on the table in front of me. People like that should not be in hospitality. Don't stay here.

Fantastic place, great views, wonderful staff, amazinggg colorful-clean-bright rooms. Had a great time, thanks so much!

We really enjoyed our stay. The lady that helped us at the front desk was wonderful and knowledgeable. She helped us book great tours! The price was great. Hostel had bright colors, character and nice hangout areas. Lockers were nicely sized and easy to store valuables. Only complaints were we arrived at night and it was difficult to find the place. And we stayed on the bottom floor and voices in common room carried easily into the bedroom, so it was difficult to fall asleep.

Nice position, and really nice view. Laundry service insanely expensive compared to other hostels. Room was nice, with a good view, but a lot of smell from the toilet. Nice kitchen facilities, 2 supermarkets really close by. Breakfast was nothing special, but still appreciated ;) Wifi was good.

The breakfast was good and different everyday. We enjoyed our stay and would have stayed longer if we could have. This place is well organized and if you book activities with the hostel, they will come pick you up right at the door.

We had a great time here! Wish we could have stayed longer. Awesome value for our money, that's for sure! In addition, Monteverde was beautiful. I liked that our hostel was a bit removed from the downtown and partying but close enough for us to go there and have access to everything.

• 11th Jul 2014

This was my favorite place out of all 5 hostels I stayed in while in Costa Rica! It was very clean, had the least amount of bugs (which was a really annoying problem in all of the others), had consistently hot water, and the front desk staff was wonderful. They really helped us figured out what activities we wanted to do and then they booked them all for us. The double room I stayed in was very spacious and clean and actually slept 4 people.

• 30th Jun 2014

Decent location, good view and fun social common area. Staff was very helpful with planning day trips and booking things for us. Breakfast was great as well. I'd recommend this hostel in the area for sure!