Calamari Hostel Boutique Reviews

Carrera 3 Calle Ricaute No. 31 - 38 Centro Histori, Cartagena, Colombia

Amazing location in the "Central" of Cartagena. The rooms were massive with balconies and clean bathrooms. Staff was very helpful. Every person in Cartagena (out by the beaches and the old part of the city) come to that square at night for dinner and drinks. Great restaurants across the street up on the wall to have dinner while watching the sun set. No one really speaks English but everyone is still nice and helpful. the showers (everywhere in cartagena) are room temperature

• 26th Jun 2015

We decided to spend a little extra on a hostel for our last day in Cartagena and enjoyed staying at Calamari Hostal Boutique. It's quite different from any hostel I've stayed in before and a welcomed upgrade. The place was pretty quiet, the rooms are beautiful and there is even a small, scenic rooftop area which was lovely at night. There were a few insects that made an appearance and we couldn't figure out how to get the tv to work, but overall we had a positive experience.

GREAT place to stay. Amazing location, friendly and helpful staff, room with lots of space. It's a hostal more than a hostel, as there's not really a social vibe to it. Even though it as a great terrace with amazin view there aren't many travellers going there, and there's not that hostel-atmosphere. It's more like quiet and relaxed, great place to rest. I would go again, no doubts.

I LOVED staying at Calamari! It felt like I was in the middle of Spain. This was not a hostel, but more of a boutique hotel. I stayed here two nights with a friend and staff helped me get laundry done, suggested places to eat, etc. I loved the spacious room, we enjoyed the morning coffee, and it was a delightful break from some of the "backpacker hostels" we stayed in during other times on our trip. I would recommend it without hesitation!

• 18th Mar 2015

This isn't really a hostel, more like a boutique hotel. We had 3 of the 4 rooms, and they were all amazing. For Colombia, it's a little expensive, but I guess the location in the old city makes up for it. The rooftop deck offers amazing night views, and you can plug in your music and play it. Overall, this hostel is highly recommended if you aren't looking to be super cheap.

Great location and atmosphere. If Staff can speak English, it will be even better.

Calamari is indeed a Hostel Boutique. The location is great--near everything in the Old City--and on a quiet street so there was never an issue getting enough sleep. The roof is small but lovely; the rooms clean and modern; and the staff is kind and helpful. It's definitely a bit pricey, but if you're looking to splurge a little during your time in Cartagena, splurge here.