Calamari Hostel Boutique Reviews

Carrera 3 Calle Ricaute No. 31 - 38 Centro Histori, Cartagena, Colombia

I LOVED staying at Calamari! It felt like I was in the middle of Spain. This was not a hostel, but more of a boutique hotel. I stayed here two nights with a friend and staff helped me get laundry done, suggested places to eat, etc. I loved the spacious room, we enjoyed the morning coffee, and it was a delightful break from some of the "backpacker hostels" we stayed in during other times on our trip. I would recommend it without hesitation!

• 18th Mar 2015

This isn't really a hostel, more like a boutique hotel. We had 3 of the 4 rooms, and they were all amazing. For Colombia, it's a little expensive, but I guess the location in the old city makes up for it. The rooftop deck offers amazing night views, and you can plug in your music and play it. Overall, this hostel is highly recommended if you aren't looking to be super cheap.

Great location and atmosphere. If Staff can speak English, it will be even better.

Calamari is indeed a Hostel Boutique. The location is great--near everything in the Old City--and on a quiet street so there was never an issue getting enough sleep. The roof is small but lovely; the rooms clean and modern; and the staff is kind and helpful. It's definitely a bit pricey, but if you're looking to splurge a little during your time in Cartagena, splurge here.

The hotel is so beautiful and the location is amazing. I can't speak highly enough of the staff and manager they have been very accommodating. I can't wait to stay here on my next visit to Cartagena.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Perfect location in the Centro Historico near one one of the entrances to the walled city. Very easily walkable to all of the Centro, Getsemani and the docks. We stayed in the room with no windows which was fine. It's a large room w. an ensuite bath. Breakfast isn't included but they have coffee and tea with crackers in the morning. The wifi worked great in the room. The shower is only cold water. Friendly and helpful staff.

• 22nd Dec 2014