Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Amazing staff! Had s issue with bar staff on a over charge on my credit card. Sat for 2 hours waiting for it to be resolved, and I'm still out that money. Bar manager threatens my stay because I didn't want to pay the over charge. I realize that the bar isn't completely a reflection of the hostel part, but important to state none the less

• 29th Jan 2016

Hostel is good for how old the building is. But to compare with its competition in surrounding areas of Vancouver it really needs some refurbishment, especially to the washrooms which the showers are rather impractical to use.

Some guy passed out on the floor outside our door keeping us awake and nobody came to remove him even though staff was alerted. Girls toilet was constantly backed up by feces. Cockroaches in the bathroom. Mice in the bedrooms.

Pretty much what you expect off a hostel. Located in middle of gastown. Nice staff. The facilities are old and not really clean, but they are OK

• 16th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I've stayed at the hostel 6 times now and every experience has been wonderful. The staff is friendly and fun to talk to, the rooms are basic but comfortable and serve their purpose perfectly and you can't beat the price. I love the cambie gastown.

• 15th Jan 2016

Pls install some hook at bath room, more hook at dorm room Pls make sure the price for the towel and blanket before advise your guests Pls keep the building in good shape to protect it , the building is lovely Pls change new pillow, mattress and bulk bed! The bulk bed is shaking and mattress is sinking

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

The bathrooms are pretty dirty. The location is amazing, and easy to get around with public transportation. The hostel is located above a bar so it's pretty loud at night-not great if you're looking for early nights.

Friendly and very helpful staff. Great location. Defentaly we will be back.

I didn't use their wifi, but everything else including their staff was excellent. morning coffee and muffins. Location is great, their kitchen is accessible and awesome. I liked it.

• 31st Dec 2015

Hostel has an "american style highschool party" concept. It can be cool for the people who likes to live yolo. In fact, if you are looking something elite cambie is not your place. Price is pretty good if you can live everywhere like me. You can meet nice people. To summarize; smelly, cheap, yolonhostel

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Amazing location, but average hostel. Good value for the money, but basic offering.

Had a blast, friendly staff, amazing crowd of backpackers. Really nice location.

Cheers to the staff for being so friendly and helpful. My only suggestion is to possibly have some day time activities lined up for guests to take part in. The Cambie bar and hostel was awesome though, definitly a piece of Canadian history that I'm glad we got to experience while spending our New Years in Vancouver.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place was a dive. Huge Hole in the roof. window covered with plywood moldy bathmats. Above a bar with patrons singing in the street till four in the morning. Run away run far away

• 21st Dec 2015

Actually we are big fans of the cambies but the this time (Xmas) disappointed us a lot. Positive points: location is awesome! And the receptionist with dark curly hair is such a nice guy. Negative points: the last time (Sept.) there worked a blonde girl. She is so impolite and to cool for the world. Don't arrive in her break. She will be pissed! This time we had two mice in our room and it wasn't that much clean. And a big party in the kitchen all night long. But after complaining it was quiet.

Just had the one night, great spot and very good price. Thanks.

So fortunate to be in such a well located hostel with prices I could afford. As long as the hostel continues to put the needs of its guests, and their financial situations first, I will be a vocal and loyal patron.

• 10th Dec 2015

Gave the front desk my passport and said they didn't take passports, then accused me of using a fake id lol

• 10th Dec 2015

Staff was very friendly. Great location.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Super fun hostel! If you're travelling on your own and want to have a great time and make new friends this is the place to do it! The people at the hostel are full of energy and every night you're guarantee a good time, the bar below is super convenient and the hostel has a great deal for egg & bacon breakfasts

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5