Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Very pleased with my stay at the Cambie. Loved the neighborhood, the no curfew and the facilities provided. Everything was clean and in fair shape. The bar & next door breakfast place attached were great and made the atmosphere feel much more welcoming and safe. Would definitely recommend the Cambie and would stay there again.

• 25th Jul 2015

The location is nice and it could have been a nice hostel but: - not enough showers - washroom is tiny (at least on first floor), no space to put your stuff and get changed - washrooms are dirty - beds are awfully old and loud - dorm door didn't lock at all - it smells either like weed or food from the kitchen downstairs - rooms are run down - no plugs in the washrooms (so no hairdrying or shaving or...) - not enough plugs in the bedrooms Not worth the money you pay

Best thing about this hostel is the price. I had a top bunk with no rails. The ladder could detach, would wobble, and had a hole in the first rung from a natural knot in the wood. I was too scared of moving around and getting down from the bed to be able to sleep well. In the morning I found a clump of hair in the bed that wasn't mine. Live music was played until 3am, so not a good place to stay if you want to sleep earlier.

sorry i lost my keys, i will try harder next time to keep them handy. be well

• 18th Jul 2015

The bed was one of the best I've had at a hostel, but for a room of 4, and there were only 2 outlets and 4 lockers, one of which was broken. For the entire floor, there is one bathroom with only 2 showers and 2 toilets. There wasn't a common room to hang out and meet people- only a large bar, where there were many people not from the hostel. It is very loud at night b/c of the bar. But, they will store your bike for free, bfast is very good, and the people working the desk are friendly :)

Very friendly staff. The hostel includes also a very nice bar, which I visited several times after I had to move out, because all was booked.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The staff was incredibly friendly. The location was superb. The rooms were a good size. I thoroughly enjoyed the bar downstairs and the general hostel experience. Two things that could use work: 1) Wifi could use some work, it seems that the best place for Wifi was in the stairwell. We met some good blokes there but it would have been nice to have consistent wifi in our room. and 2) the beard guy that runs security for the bar should relax a bit. He was way not chill.

I'd realy enjoyed my stay at the cambie because you could meat soo many funny other traveler :) the only thing i would recoment that the cambie shoult at least provide some oil and salt for cooking reasons :) other than that AWESOME!

• 15th Jul 2015

The rooms were quite dirty and the floor boards in the hallway were in disrepair.

Great place to stay. Central. Great staff. Nice pub. Within a block of Vancouver film school.

• 12th Jul 2015

This place is in a great neighbourhood and well located to the sky train etc. The room was a little hot and loud, and could have done with a good clean. But it was a good price and the beds were clean and comfy. Great helpful staff too. Best bit was lush muffin and coffee at the place next door for breakfast - that was worth about 6 bucks alone so it was good value.

Loud from crazy bar downstairs.

I read in the reviews that it was loud, so I knew what was coming.

super small (see through) showers. LOUD bar, that runs till 2 am right outside. bar staff were not friendly. a bit run down and dirty. free breakfast was good and nice location overall, decent place, a bit run down and loud but decent prices for Canada

One of our friends had accidentally booked one bed in a room of six instead of the entire 6 person room, and the staff was INCREDIBLE helping them sort it out. The staff at the front desk worked hard to make something work and ended up finding everyone a bed / allowing a few of them to pay a guest charge to stay in the room I had booked. It could not have worked out better and we are so grateful!

• 5th Jul 2015

We enjoyed meeting new people and sharing time in the kitchen with other guests.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We had so much fun

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The showers are better and the beds were bigger than the Seymour location. The downstairs bar was always packed and noisy and I was pleasantly surprised I couldn't hear it at all from my room. The breakfast upgrade right next door can't be beat.

I enjoyed the staff and understood that you get what you pay for, however the quality/state of the linens with cigarette burns, etc. had me not chancing it and sleeping on top of them. There was only one outlet by the light switch which sucked (however, I am sure this is due to the age of the building and difficult to change). The utterly worst part were the mice. Tons of mice. TONS. I did not see any in my room, but in the commons area at night there were upwards of 10+ running all over. Yuck.

• 1st Jul 2015

Great location, staff and atmosphere.

• 30th Jun 2015