Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I loved staying at the cambie in Gastown, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, cleanliness or the lack thereof was a problem for me, for instance the bins in the ladies bathroom were not emptied for days at a time. Loved the bar though, great atmosphere and I'll back, particularly because of the staff!

I really appreciated: the staff I really disliked: the non regulated heat (hot has hell every night had to open windows every time and endure both heat and street noises...) Showers were also very sketchy -> randomly cold or hot, I guess it depends on whose using a tap somewhere in the building ^^

• 7th Mar 2014

Just need to improve internet facilities in the room. All in all it was nice Thankyou.

• 19th Jan 2014

The long term guests are what makes this place great. I had an amazing week there due to the people in my dorm. Plenty of time downstairs in the Cambie pub made for some great nights. Staff were always extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast are definately value as well.

Comfiest hostel beds I've ever slept on! Great fun pub downstairs. Will definitely stay again.

It was amazing, as always! The Cambie has such a great atmosphere, very clean and inviting. The staff are a pleasure to chat to, always ready to help and give advice for what to do around the city. The pub food is delicious, I recommend the fries! And the Cambie cafe's staff are excellent, I always enjoy my morning coffee and breakfast among the crowd. Thank you very much, Cambie team, I'll definitely be back in the new year!

• 20th Nov 2013

The Cambie Pub is incredible, most active local spot. The hostel itself is only so-so. Never got a tour so didn't know we had access to a kitchen for the first two days, and the rooms were mediocre. This place is great for the location and the pub downstairs.

• 13th Nov 2013

The cambie is a pretty cool hostel, central to the train station, buses, bars and restaurants. there is a big sports bar down stairs which has a line out the door most weekend nights. everyone is pretty chilled, all secure there too. only draw back really was the last of fun people.. but i think that has more to do with the time of year and less to do with the hostel!

staff seemed confused and unsure of procedures. night attendant was rude.

• 30th Oct 2013

Bedbugs....

Some quick improvements will be to have a full equipped kitchen, shower stalls cleaned, a few touch ups will make it or break it. I will probably go back and stay while in Van to see the staff and great traveler's. It would be an amazing project to refurbish an old antique like the Cambie Hostel! Must've been a gem in the day!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Costa Rica

Comfortable beds, located relatively close to the centre of Vancouver and walking distance from lots of sights as well as the train station you can get to from the airport. Not the best atmosphere, and the bathroom were not as nice as many others I've seen in hostels but they were still totally functional. Good basic hostel.