Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

The breakfast upgrade was amazing! The pub was a bit crazy but I think it's because we were there the last weekend of spring break. I want to come up and stay again another time and I'm sure it'll be more mellow then. The Cambie Hostel was fantastic!

• 26th Mar 2015

We loved our stay! The cheap beer and 5$ afternoon poutine was awesome. It was even warm enough one day to drink on the patio. Super accessible, close to a light rail station and tons of shops and restaurants.

• 24th Mar 2015

Had a great stay at Cambies in Gastown and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Cheers /William

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Great place - really good value for money. Staff very helpful, lovely cafe for free muffin in the morning, good vibes. Anything you want - quiet time, social time, good sleep, comfy and warm bed, good hot shower, great common area, safe, good location, nice old building. And Ryan at the desk is the loveliest guy ever - made me so safe and welcome. Go for it.

Kitchen was filthy and had cockroaches. The dorm room was in poor condition and there only were two lights for the room, one of which had a switch in an awkward, hard to find spot. Bed was clean and comfortable though. Bar was unappealing place to hang out, and common room next to kitchen wasn't appealing either. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Very friendly staff, awesome location, good price. Bummer that you cant bring visitors over though.

• 16th Mar 2015

I had trouble getting my swipe key to let me onto my floor and I had to go down to front desk three times to get it fixed at 2am in the morning. Which was a hassle, but other than that everything was fantastic.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The men's in reception are totally guest focus. The girls (one of them) apparently needs love.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Chile

We had a great stay in te private room, always enjoy the bar downstairs! Great people, great place.

• 25th Feb 2015

No towels, noisy as hell.

This hostel is very well located. It is an old building with a cool bar and restaurant. It seems to be the place downtown. It is always full of young guys and girls. It is not expensive and we are near the metro station. We can walk to visit the beautiful parks and market.The breakfast is at the bakery beside the hostel ( a really good muffin with a coffee) The music is very good. I will be back here it is for sure. I am here since February 17th and we are Mars 5 :)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • johannedoyon

Staff made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived, and always had time to discuss happenings around the city. Ryan especially stands out amongst a strong group. Will definitely be back. Thanks guys.

Met four different staff members at the hostel reception during my stay and they were all so friendly, welcoming and helpful! Maybe they could teach a few things about being friendly to your bar staff.....?!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The staff were friendly - they took the time to learn our names - very helpful and the location was very good in relation to getting around Vancouver. The bar downstairs was very loud so don't expect much sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. In terms of facilities only one shower was working in the ladies and the kitchen was very, very small and in comparison to other backpackers which I have stayed at, was not up to scratch. Only one person would be able to cook at a time which isn't practical.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

This place is nothing special, the bar downstairs being the highligh.

I really enjoyed my stay. The location was great, and the staff very friendly. The pub below was a treat to patron since it had amazing staff, and tasty food for a fair price. Overall a great environment to come back to after a day of adventuring to explore Vancouver.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great stay at Cambie. Thanks especially to Ryan at the front desk, who is truly a gentleman & a scholar, and who works tirelessly to ensure customers' complete satisfaction.

The Cambie Hostel is a very good place to stay in Vancouver. The staff is super nice and helpful. Being connected to the Cambie bar and the bakery, the hostel is well located. It's always fun to go downstairs and have some drinks at the bar as there are a lot of people. Compared to other hostels, the beds are good and you can easily stay there for several nights.

• 17th Jan 2015

I had an amazing stay at the Cambie Gastown. The staff were over the top helpful and went out of their way to assist you or solve minor issues that arose. I will recommend to all my friends heading to Vancouver.

• 7th Jan 2015

Our stay at the Cambie Hostel was very nice and we will be back. We stayed there new years eve and with the hostel connected to the bar we couldn't have asked for much better. The staff was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The rooms could have been cleaner. Ours had some left over trash on the floors from previous tenants, but we weren't too upset with it. Also, we didn't have any lockers in our room, but the one my friend was in had 4 lockers and the beds were the same price.