Very Good 1,871 Total Reviews
Very Good 1,871 Total Reviews
Cambie Hostel - Gastown Located at 300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver.
Canada
Vancouver BC V6B 2N3 300 Cambie St., Vancouver
74% 1871
49.2831899 -123.1088662
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
3.7

I was severely dissapointed with Cambie-Gastown. I have stayed in quite a few hostels where I have paid the same price and they were fantastic. Cambie-Gastown was not. The staff was ok, the security of the building was good but the building and rooms themselves were disgusting. They smelt awful, they were dirty, it smelled like mold in our room, the covers were stained, the location at night is extremely sketchy - it was not a positive experience.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2016
6.0

We had an overnight guest in our room, who sneeked himself in and was really weird. Aber complaining about him We realised that he was not checked in at all, however the staff did not really care about it. The area around the hostel can get a little scary at night. The breakfast is a muffin with coffee or a discount for "real" breakfast. Anyway the muffin is really tasty and a big one, so not too bad. It can get really loud at weekends due to the bar downstairs.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
14th Aug 2016
7.4

Great location, but there are only two shower stalls and bathroom stalls in the women's restroom, so people were waiting to use the facilities at night and in the morning.

12th Aug 2016

Just like almost every other review, this place is HOT. We kept the window in our room open the whole time and it was still stifling. It was hard to get ready and put on makeup because of the heat. Other than that, everything was great. Great location, pretty old building but clean, the staff was so helpful and answered all our questions. Bring your own locks and towels!

11th Aug 2016
7.4

I just wish the bathrooms and kitchen were cleaner.

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
11th Aug 2016

This was great! We were a group of 3 cyclists and rented a 4 person private room and had a nice roomie. The place was clean and every member of the staff was super nice and patient with all of their guests. We were able to store our luggage and bikes and the staff was very accommodating in helping us retrieve our said items. If you seek a quiet place, ask for a room higher up as we did not and were on floor 2. This is not the fault of the Cambie, it just is the set up. Overall: Great!

10th Aug 2016
5.7

-This hostel is attached to a REALLY busy bar, aka it will be REALLY LOUD during the night when you're trying to sleep. My room faced the street, and didn't have aircon or a fan so keeping the windows open was a must (it was MUCH too hot otherwise). So if noise doesn't bother you at all, no problem. -Free breakfast is a muffin&coffee. -Only 1 working toilet for ladies on my floor. -Only 2 outlets for 8 beds, so must share to charge your mobile device. -No towels provided BUT you can rent

9th Aug 2016

Overall my stay pretty good that staff was really nice and considerate. The bathrooms were clean. However it was a bit buggy meaning the Windows did not have screens so it was either sweat in a hot room or open a window and every flying critter showed up... Mosquito spider red gnat things showed up. I now have welps from spiders and mosquitos. Or mop the floor with lemon pine....

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

Found out about this hostel a few months back when out for my friends Birthday and ended up at the bar, I thought the atmosphere was great! It was my first choice when I needed accommodation in Vancouver again. Definitely a party hostel, lots of potential to meet people though! My number one choice when I go Downtown for sure!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

It's a nice place to stay if you're looking for a good location. But you don't have to expect quiet nights ;) my walls were shaking because of the music in the pub. If you go downstairs for a drink you'll see that it's not that bad and you'll even have a better sleep.