7.4
Very Good 1,761 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 1,761 Total Reviews
Cambie Hostel - Gastown Located at 300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver.
Canada
Vancouver BC V6B 2N3 300 Cambie St., Vancouver
74% 1761
49.2831899 -123.1088662
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 41+
18th Jun 2016

Was great location Great complimentary coffee & muffin or the ordered breakfasts

• Germany, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2016
6.0

Very old building,with old and not so nice washrooms.nice bar downstairs,but loud. Alot of lockers are broken in the rooms,the beds old and noisy. Anyways great kitchen with common room,a nice ppl around.they should invest in wash rooms.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

Excellent place to stay. Had soooooo much fun. Best location with heaps of bars and that around with the main hostel bar having events on every night.

12th Jun 2016
6.0

I don't think the hostel is worth the price, but compared to other places in downtown it is cheap, everything is overpriced here. Lots of space in the dorms is a plus, rooms in other hostels are tiny, but the place is run down, dirty and smells. My bed was shaking every night (midweek) with the noise from the bar. The bar is great if your drinking there, terrible if your sleeping upstairs.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

The hostel was clean and comfortable, albeit a little basic. The location was good, but it should be noted there were a couple rough areas within a 10 minute walk which i found my self wandering in to while exploring. The bar downstairs is extensively used by both locals and guests, and although i could hear the noise from my room i found it easy to get to sleep (as long as others in room are considerate). Overall i would recommend it as a, basic and cheap base from which to explore the city

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
9th Jun 2016

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at the Cambie Hostel. It was close to most of the things we wanted to do in Vancouver and since the city is quite compact the longest we had to walk to get anywhere was 50 minutes. We opted not to use transit as we enjoy walking and it was a great way to see the city. The Cambie bar below appeared to be really bumpin in the evenings but we stayed on the 2nd floor and could not hear the party from where we were which was awesome. The staff were great!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

At the Cambie, I listened to an international assortment of guests drunkenly belt the lyrics to pop songs floors below me as I took a drunken shower at 2 a.m. and was introduced to liberation from my own self-consciousness by the wonders of public-hostel-shower nudity. Thank you, Cambie, for changing my life.

7th Jun 2016
2.0

This is the worst hostel I have ever been!! I have travelled for many countries, and this hostel absolutelly is the worst. The building is very old and filthy, on the first floor there is a very noising pub, that doesn't let anybody sleep. The room was dirty, with MOUSETRAPS just on the heater!!! And at night, 03 MOUSES entered in my room!!! I could't stay there for all my days planned. Took my money back and left for other hostel! I don't recommend it even for my enemy

4th Jun 2016
7.1

The hostel has a great location and has a nice bar/restaurant. The rooms are spacious but where not that clean.

3rd Jun 2016
6.3

This place has a good location but would be SO much better if they did some serious renos on the place. Pretty typical for hostels in Vancouver though. Staff are friendly, beds are decently, and if you want to party there's a bar right below.