Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Great stay at Cambie. Thanks especially to Ryan at the front desk, who is truly a gentleman & a scholar, and who works tirelessly to ensure customers' complete satisfaction.

I had an amazing stay at the Cambie Gastown. The staff were over the top helpful and went out of their way to assist you or solve minor issues that arose. I will recommend to all my friends heading to Vancouver.

• 7th Jan 2015

Our stay at the Cambie Hostel was very nice and we will be back. We stayed there new years eve and with the hostel connected to the bar we couldn't have asked for much better. The staff was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The rooms could have been cleaner. Ours had some left over trash on the floors from previous tenants, but we weren't too upset with it. Also, we didn't have any lockers in our room, but the one my friend was in had 4 lockers and the beds were the same price.

When we went there was an issue with the ensuit bathroom. But the staff were quite eager to fix the problem. Go Cambie hostel.

• 10th Dec 2014

Good atmosphere. Just around the corner from the Amsterdam Cafe. Over there you can smoke or use a vaporiser. Enjoy

Both sinks in the kitchen were broken and dirty dishes were piling up which made cooking impossible. The shower in my room was cold, lockers were broken... I wouldn't go there again.

I understand that hostels tend to be party locations, but the groups partying in the upstairs common areas were out of control the Friday night I stayed there. In addition, the bathrooms were disgusting - pipes were leaking over the shower, there was a bandaid by the sink, empty bottles everywhere... and my comforter had a burn hole in it. Very unpleasant place to sleep (actually, not much sleep happened, to be honest). Would not recommend.

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel is in dire need of renovation. My room was small and my bed was vibrating still at 3am from the music from downstairs which made it very difficult to sleep. The bathroom was pokey and small. Every time I lifted up the toaster about 3-5 cockroaches would run out from underneath and I was eating one day and I heard a mousetrap go off and another day while I was eating a mouse ran from under the sink to under the fridge. The staff were great, friendly and helpful with my early checkout.

The night receptionist was unfair and punished us for bringing two people we just met into the bar and claimed we "snuck them into the hostel". Resulting in us walking the streets at 3am with 30kg of baggage and no money.

• 25th Oct 2014

I sent a facebook msg to the manager and got no reply or acknowledgement of the message, the visit was decent, but the staff was not. I did not receive a receipt nor sign anything acknowledging my card charge, therefore it can be disputed. I also told the desk attendant at 11pm that someone had vomited in the shower...4am it still had not been cleaned up. One morning the front desk attendant had been terribly rude to us for no reason besides being cranky. The beds were comfortable thankfully.

• 18th Oct 2014

social place with a great bar and international people

• 19th Sep 2014

Bad hostel to stay, poorly ran. Kept us waiting to check in for 2 hours and wanted us to stay elsewhere due to bed bugs and not even refund the deposit or compensate in any way. Managed to get a room for the night there, but I wouldn't of stayed another if they had paid me.

Good location, right in Gastown and near Skytrain stations. Noisy as it is beside a bar. I can't complain about as I knew that beforehand. Beds were terrible. I could feel the springs of the mattress digging into me. The men's showers were small and did not have hot water. Some showers didn't even function. Floorboards were old, creaky and there were parts where if you step hard enough you could fall through. Had to wait 15 mins to get checked in. I recommend Same Sun on Granville instead.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, accomodation is also good. BUT, It's so noisy at midnight it caused me sleepless. and there was no place to stay in the TV room. I hope the cafe next to the hostel would open till night. 水回りも清潔で、スタッフも良い人ばかりだったのですが、とにかくうるさかった。夜中の3時すぎまで路上の大騒ぎが聞こえて眠れませんでした。あと、テレビルームも狭く、十分なスペースが無いため、一部の宿泊客が酒盛りを始めると居場所が無くなって困りました。隣のカフェが遅くまで開いているといいのですが......

Not my kind of place, dirty and poor facilities. Seems to be a long stay, drink in the hostel sort of place. The neighbourhood was central but kind of dodgy. Most of showers didn't work and most of the lockers in the room weren't usable. The bar downstairs is good. I would stay elsewhere if back in Vancouver.

I didn't make it to the hostel. Thanks to the RUDE Canadian border Control. How can anyone in the World command you to enter your phone code n when i eventually did they decended on my sms n webpages i have visited. i hope He enjoyed going through all my naked pictures just because i was going for a few days holiday in his country! Canada my Ass.

Top bunks were like sleeping on a brick and the female toulets on floor 1 were really small and squishy. If the toilets were in use there was no where to put your items whilstI In the shower..

• 1st Sep 2014

This is a very nice old house, but it is used as a very big party hostel. Everything is quite dirty and we did not like to use the kitchen. The twin room was okay.

The showers on the first floor doesn't work properly, besides they are too small. The room windows doesn't open and it was too hot. The facilities are not clean.

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice, clean and close to the Skytrain. Very helpful staff.

• 27th Aug 2014