Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Bad hostel to stay, poorly ran. Kept us waiting to check in for 2 hours and wanted us to stay elsewhere due to bed bugs and not even refund the deposit or compensate in any way. Managed to get a room for the night there, but I wouldn't of stayed another if they had paid me.

Good location, right in Gastown and near Skytrain stations. Noisy as it is beside a bar. I can't complain about as I knew that beforehand. Beds were terrible. I could feel the springs of the mattress digging into me. The men's showers were small and did not have hot water. Some showers didn't even function. Floorboards were old, creaky and there were parts where if you step hard enough you could fall through. Had to wait 15 mins to get checked in. I recommend Same Sun on Granville instead.

I didn't make it to the hostel. Thanks to the RUDE Canadian border Control. How can anyone in the World command you to enter your phone code n when i eventually did they decended on my sms n webpages i have visited. i hope He enjoyed going through all my naked pictures just because i was going for a few days holiday in his country! Canada my Ass.

Top bunks were like sleeping on a brick and the female toulets on floor 1 were really small and squishy. If the toilets were in use there was no where to put your items whilstI In the shower..

• 1st Sep 2014

This is a very nice old house, but it is used as a very big party hostel. Everything is quite dirty and we did not like to use the kitchen. The twin room was okay.

The showers on the first floor doesn't work properly, besides they are too small. The room windows doesn't open and it was too hot. The facilities are not clean.

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice, clean and close to the Skytrain. Very helpful staff.

• 27th Aug 2014

Location was great, showers were tiny and you hear the pub downstairs most night. So if you're after a good sleep, maybe not the best place. But the pub was awesome

The hostel itself was located in a really good location and the staff was helpfull and helped me plan my stay in Vancouver. The biggest minus is the wifi. Even though there are 3 wifi to choose from, every evening when the pub was full I haven't had connection at all and also daytined it was slow. Also the bathrooms are small and there was no hanger for your clothes while you take a shower, but at least they where clean.

• 25th Aug 2014

Mens showers were terrible. Staff disinterested. Every night is party night down stairs, too bad if you value sleep.

Really good hostel, especially the location. They should focus more at the common room.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Positive: The beds are huge and comfortable. The staff is really nice. Negative: - There is a bar downstairs which makes it impossible to sleep before 2am (saturday night). - There are no plug-ins in the bathroom. I couldn't dry my hair because I didn't want to wake up my roommates. - The common area is quite small and not so easy to find. - It's difficult to find out how to turn on the hot water in the showers in the 2nd floor.

Atmosphere in the hostel is awesome! Staff are really friendly and help, room is pretty clean. Noisy on weekends nights, only one charge position in the female dormitory.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • China

The staff is not very informative besides a german girl that was super helpful and welcoming. The bartenders at the pub are super rude. The location is quite central, downside is that you do find a lot of crackheads in the surrounding area, they seem harmless though and neve bothered me. The room is hot with no fan and it lacks cleaning. The common areas are poor with not enough space for food storage, cooking nor hanging out, the hostel as a whole craves for remodeling.

• 17th Aug 2014

I booked two nights but checked out after 10 minutes. I believe someone peed on the floor of the room I booked. The window had no screen and faced a dodgy building. I paid 68$ a night for a single room just for me and although that is considered cheap for Vancouver I don't believe it was a clean room to stay at. The girl on the Friday daytime staff was quite rude and not helpful, however the girl on the Friday evening 6:30pm shift was very understanding, pleasant and helpful.

• 15th Aug 2014

BEDBUGS !!!! I was in a 4 people room and I was bite by bedbugs during the night on all my leg and foot! The manager gave me an other room on the other hostel (on Seymour) and it was worst !!! I killed 2 bedbugs in the bed after they bite me on my back and arm !!! I check under the bed and I found A LOT OF dead bedbugs ! It was a very bad experience. Just don't go on both Cambie Hostel

• 15th Aug 2014

Very good lovely bar and nice staff. However one of our party had bed bugs and the noisy bar downstairs made it very hard to sleep.

I got bedbugs from Cambie Hostel :(

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Great atmosphere downstairs with good cheap drinks and food. Definately not the cleanest of places, beds had stains in them. The lockers were also Brocken in the room I stayed in. But overall one of the better hostels.

A very nice place