Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Large very clean rooms. Noise from the bar comes up right through the window, so if you are planning on sleeping before 2AM bring earplugs. Bathrooms are clean but could benefit from a privacy curtain around the shower so you can dry off out of the shower cubicle but not in middle of the bathroom. Also some hooks to hang clothes would be helpful, Breakfast is great.

Great central location with easy transit access. The staff were also helpful and always welcomed me with a smile. Maybe advertise the Cambie Card a bit more. I know it made my stay more affordable and I'm sure it could do the same for others. Overall, good experience. It was a little weird waking up one morning to see a man who could've been my grandfather asleep on the bunk across from me though.

Good value for a great location. Wi-fi was not terribly debendable but managemt indicated improvements are on the way. Good place for meeting fellow travelers. A few more plugs would be handy for charging smart phones and tablets.

• 14th May 2015

Excellent hostel, very helpful staff, sweet bar with events and great food, great cafe next door. Will def stay again when in Van!

While the location was great, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast option superb - I wasn't very impressed with this hostel. The facilities weren't very clean. There were mouse traps in our room and bedbug warning everywhere (which are good for precautionary purposes, I suppose, but unsettling). After our first night, which required earplugs since the walls are paper thin, I went to the bathroom and found a half-full bottle of vodka in the toilet and beer cans. Lovely!

• 9th May 2015

Old building; a lot of construcion going on when I was there. Only 1 barhroom available. One gigantic bar downstairs with super loud music - not exactly the best place to meet other travellers.

There was snot on the ceilling above my bed, and it gets REALLY noisy at night, so bring ear plugs.

• 7th May 2015

My partner and I stay here every time were in Vancouver. It's the cheapest hostel for private rooms with a kitchen. We also love gastown such a better neighbourhood to be in than Granville street! The only thing is almost every time were checking in there's abit of a lineup of people to check in.

It was alright. Norhing more than we expect, but we had a good time. Good location, the little breakfast is a plus, and the rooms looks clean. You have acces to a kitchen, but with a very minimum of facilities. Lots of place for improvment in that side.

• 1st May 2015

Front desk staff 24/7 was great. The beds were really comfy and huge. The muffins are so good! But don't go there if you want a calm stay. It's over a bar, so obviously it's loud. The kitchen area was never really cleaned. There was no light in our side of the dorm so we couldn't see a thing at night. The lockers are very small. It's an old building so it could be kind of cool but instead just mostly felt like it was falling appart. But the location is amazing and it's a great place to party.

Home away from home. Have come back to the hostel many times since being in Canada. Ryan is super helpful and friendly and the other staff are just as good. Even though it's a bit of an old hostel it's always very clean - apparently renovations are happening soon to update it and make it better. Stay in the 8 bed dorm if you want to meet people. If you're staying for a few nights make use of the Cambie card. Great breakfast deal. Downstairs the bar is always pumping - gives a great atmosphere.

It was awesome! I loved it. Everyone was very nice and super helpful. The location was perfect, get off the plane, take the train, and then walk two blocks! I am definitely comming back.

• 30th Apr 2015

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. It's impossible to sleep at night because the entire room was shaking, the rooms are really crowded and unclean, and there was a guy in the girls washroom when the shower stall is right across from it! Please avoid!

Great hostel. Free breakfast, which is always a bonus. Strong wi fi throughout the whole place. Only downside was the showers weren't very private, but hey, its hostel life!

great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere! highly recommend it!

The beds in my room were INSANELY uncomfortable. The bottom bunk (mine) had a thin, soft mattress that made every slat painful on my back - AND was missing a slat right where your upper back hits. The upper bunk was a rock hard mattress, and the whole structure was VERY rickety. The noise level was tolerable if you listened to an ipod at night (or was on the 2nd floor). I was given keys to two different (occupied) rooms before I was given a key to my room that had a spot so their records are bad

• 25th Apr 2015

Great place to stay while in vancouver

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Cambie. It's very central to everything with the skytrain and bus service only minutes away. Staff were always polite and friendly when I walked past, and always ready to point me in the right direction for wherever and whatever I was doing that day. The hostel has standard facilities i .e showers,kitchen. The kitchen and fridge was not the greatest; quite unhygienic in my opinion. As for the shower get ready to share a whole lot more of yourself!

• 23rd Apr 2015

We had an awesome time staying here, although the rooms and bathrooms were a little basic, the staff were incredibly friendly, the place had an awesome atmosphere and the location was perfect. The pub downstairs was a great and cheapplace to hang out at. Highly recommend!

Location was awesome! Staff was awesome! Great place if you want to meet people and party... a little loud at night with the bar downstairs. Ryan is the best:)

• 18th Apr 2015