Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Good atmosphere. Just around the corner from the Amsterdam Cafe. Over there you can smoke or use a vaporiser. Enjoy

The best staff you'll find in Van. Great location and atmosphere!

Both sinks in the kitchen were broken and dirty dishes were piling up which made cooking impossible. The shower in my room was cold, lockers were broken... I wouldn't go there again.

I understand that hostels tend to be party locations, but the groups partying in the upstairs common areas were out of control the Friday night I stayed there. In addition, the bathrooms were disgusting - pipes were leaking over the shower, there was a bandaid by the sink, empty bottles everywhere... and my comforter had a burn hole in it. Very unpleasant place to sleep (actually, not much sleep happened, to be honest). Would not recommend.

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel is in dire need of renovation. My room was small and my bed was vibrating still at 3am from the music from downstairs which made it very difficult to sleep. The bathroom was pokey and small. Every time I lifted up the toaster about 3-5 cockroaches would run out from underneath and I was eating one day and I heard a mousetrap go off and another day while I was eating a mouse ran from under the sink to under the fridge. The staff were great, friendly and helpful with my early checkout.

The night receptionist was unfair and punished us for bringing two people we just met into the bar and claimed we "snuck them into the hostel". Resulting in us walking the streets at 3am with 30kg of baggage and no money.

• 25th Oct 2014

I sent a facebook msg to the manager and got no reply or acknowledgement of the message, the visit was decent, but the staff was not. I did not receive a receipt nor sign anything acknowledging my card charge, therefore it can be disputed. I also told the desk attendant at 11pm that someone had vomited in the shower...4am it still had not been cleaned up. One morning the front desk attendant had been terribly rude to us for no reason besides being cranky. The beds were comfortable thankfully.

• 18th Oct 2014