Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Its in a really good location and the Cambie bar downstairs always has something on. its also a local bar so I met lots of Canadians and of cause lots of Ozys and Irish who r living in Vancouver and frequently visit the bar. this is the place I stop in when ever im passing threw Vancouver

Thanks for the exceptional service! :)

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Amazing staff who were unbelievably friendly and helpful. Great location and comfy beds made it the perfect place to stay on a budget.

• 3rd Apr 2015

If you look look for a good place to stay in Downtown it is the best for the price. It has a nice restaurant & bar downstairs and it is in Gastown that is awesome. The staff was really friendly. This is a good hostel for going out. Only minus is that the beds haven't a little light so if you come late you have to put the room light on. It also have a nice breakfast in the cafe next door with delicious muffins!

Ok.... The Staffel is super. There is 1kitchen for 150people... With 1fridge... There is one Bartholomäus for Male... And at Weekends it is impossible to sleep without earblocks...

Thanks for the feedback! Especially on our staff ;) But just to be clear for others, we have more than one male bathroom...full facilities on both floors male/female. And nowhere near 150 ppl either lol And just so future guests know, cuz we do get full soon, the kitchen is getting a total renovation before summer! Taking out a wall and adding an entire extra room dedicated to kitchen! All showers are being reno'd right now...and a 2nd fridge was ordered a week ago ;)

The breakfast upgrade was amazing! The pub was a bit crazy but I think it's because we were there the last weekend of spring break. I want to come up and stay again another time and I'm sure it'll be more mellow then. The Cambie Hostel was fantastic!

• 26th Mar 2015

Staff was super nice and helpful. Hostel had nice amenities, though the internet didn't always work great. It also had a pretty cool bar with a "travelers corner" to make it easy to meet people. I was only at the cambie very briefly, but glad I found it.

• 25th Mar 2015

We loved our stay! The cheap beer and 5$ afternoon poutine was awesome. It was even warm enough one day to drink on the patio. Super accessible, close to a light rail station and tons of shops and restaurants.

• 24th Mar 2015

Had a great stay at Cambies in Gastown and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Cheers /William

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Great place - really good value for money. Staff very helpful, lovely cafe for free muffin in the morning, good vibes. Anything you want - quiet time, social time, good sleep, comfy and warm bed, good hot shower, great common area, safe, good location, nice old building. And Ryan at the desk is the loveliest guy ever - made me so safe and welcome. Go for it.

Kitchen was filthy and had cockroaches. The dorm room was in poor condition and there only were two lights for the room, one of which had a switch in an awkward, hard to find spot. Bed was clean and comfortable though. Bar was unappealing place to hang out, and common room next to kitchen wasn't appealing either. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Thanks for all that feedback Cassandra, especially staff ;) We are completely renovating the kitchen soon! Will be done by end of spring :) The bar is a crazy popular hangout, oldest in Vancouver and wins awards every year for best place to meet ppl and cheapest beer...we're sorry it didn't meet your expectations, it isn't for everyone :)

Very friendly staff, awesome location, good price. Bummer that you cant bring visitors over though.

• 16th Mar 2015

I had trouble getting my swipe key to let me onto my floor and I had to go down to front desk three times to get it fixed at 2am in the morning. Which was a hassle, but other than that everything was fantastic.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The men's in reception are totally guest focus. The girls (one of them) apparently needs love.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Chile

We had a great stay in te private room, always enjoy the bar downstairs! Great people, great place.

• 25th Feb 2015

No towels, noisy as hell.

We most definitely have towels...please ask front desk :)

This hostel is very well located. It is an old building with a cool bar and restaurant. It seems to be the place downtown. It is always full of young guys and girls. It is not expensive and we are near the metro station. We can walk to visit the beautiful parks and market.The breakfast is at the bakery beside the hostel ( a really good muffin with a coffee) The music is very good. I will be back here it is for sure. I am here since February 17th and we are Mars 5 :)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • johannedoyon

Staff made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived, and always had time to discuss happenings around the city. Ryan especially stands out amongst a strong group. Will definitely be back. Thanks guys.

Met four different staff members at the hostel reception during my stay and they were all so friendly, welcoming and helpful! Maybe they could teach a few things about being friendly to your bar staff.....?!

The staff were friendly - they took the time to learn our names - very helpful and the location was very good in relation to getting around Vancouver. The bar downstairs was very loud so don't expect much sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. In terms of facilities only one shower was working in the ladies and the kitchen was very, very small and in comparison to other backpackers which I have stayed at, was not up to scratch. Only one person would be able to cook at a time which isn't practical.

• 6th Feb 2015