Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Great staff, good vibe. Most people I met here were staying long term, which made for a particularly friendly atmosphere. Only negative was the heat (or lack thereof). My room's heater and the one in the common room were either broken or useless (freezing at night). Apart from that though, thumbs up all round from me :)

The rooms are very dirty, the windows have never been cleaned. It is impossible to rest because of the bar under the hostel.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Spain

This hostel is alright but could definitely be better. The location is good, the bar downstairs is awesome, the locals line up to go there. Things I didn't love...the shared bathrooms are small and the showers are tiny, no room to change with any privacy. There aren't any organized activities so a bit harder to meet people/explore Vancouver. The fridges look like they haven't been cleaned in months, so full.

Everything was good. Except the music from the bar downstairs. I couldn't sleep till they stopped the music at 2 in the morning. I would have come down to party if I didn't have an exam the following day. I would recommend this hostel if you like to party. If you are looking for a quiet place to actually have a good sleep, forget about it.

awesome location for Van

The facilities could have used a little bit of work but all in all, a pretty clean, functional environment i.e. showers were decent, decent kitchen, beds were okay. My biggest gripe about this hostel is the fact that after you check out at 11am, you have to leave the premises. So yes that means you may not get to say goodbye to friends you made there - kind of a bummer. And the 2 guys are amazing! Such wonderful, helpful people. The ginger girl sucks though. She's got quite attitude problem...

We had a good stay but it's hard to sleep with the room just upstairs the bar (loud music).

Really loud, but awesome!

• 11th Nov 2015

A lot of noise and hard to sleep...

• 7th Nov 2015

There was no lock of the room door. Everybody was able to come in every time. No hot plates available.

Thanks for the review. All of our doors have locks. If one isn't working please see reception and we'll have it fixed asap.

The shared kitchen is not equiped very well : no warm plates or cooking zone (plaques de cuisson) to cook

• 2nd Nov 2015

The only reason I gave the staff a 3 was because we had a very rude bar tender in the connected bar. Everyone else was amazing and friendly though. Would highly recommend the hostel.

This place was a blast! ehhhh ;)

• 29th Oct 2015

Minimizing the beds laying around in the hallway would be nice; however, the staff was great and easy to deal with.

I really liked the people I met and the general atmosphere. The decor is basic with beautiful bare brick walls and old wood floors that remind me of hostels in Europe. Be aware that it's directly over a very loud bar, so even midweek make sure you have good earplugs if you're looking for a good night's sleep.

Thank you so much for accommodating our late checkout! We really appreciated the extra time spent by staff to make sure we had a great stay and that we had what we needed while we stayed in Vancouver.

• 24th Oct 2015

The cambie is the place to be, and they have everything going right. It's an old school building so don't expect a new fancy building, but the staff are so friendly and helpful, the rooms have double bed bunk beds, the place is always clean. the bar downstairs is rammed all day and night, everyone wants to be there and it's open until 3am with some of the cheapest drinks in town and served with a smile. It's also walking distance from the hockey stadium if that floats your boat. Thanks guys xx

Nothing for the light sleeper because of the bar downstairs who. Music might be blaring and basses booming till the middle of the night. The website doesn't really show the charme of the old building, it looks really modern and new on the pictures which it is definitely not. The breackfast is more a coffe break snack than anything else, nothing to be advertised as an actual breackfast. It would be great if you could at least refill your coffee.

• 19th Oct 2015

Beware of the Cambie Pong night... since it's located upstair the pub, it might happen like that you would wake up at the midnight by hearing the sound of some stranger taking a leak in your room. true story...

• 19th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Great spot. Definitely a good place to stay and rendezvous with others from around the world. Worth the price. Bathrooms and bedrooms pretty clean. I understand water conservation, but the bedding neened to be cleaned more often. Had a wondwonderful time.

• 18th Oct 2015