Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Mens showers were terrible. Staff disinterested. Every night is party night down stairs, too bad if you value sleep.

Really good hostel, especially the location. They should focus more at the common room.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Positive: The beds are huge and comfortable. The staff is really nice. Negative: - There is a bar downstairs which makes it impossible to sleep before 2am (saturday night). - There are no plug-ins in the bathroom. I couldn't dry my hair because I didn't want to wake up my roommates. - The common area is quite small and not so easy to find. - It's difficult to find out how to turn on the hot water in the showers in the 2nd floor.

Atmosphere in the hostel is awesome! Staff are really friendly and help, room is pretty clean. Noisy on weekends nights, only one charge position in the female dormitory.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • China

The staff is not very informative besides a german girl that was super helpful and welcoming. The bartenders at the pub are super rude. The location is quite central, downside is that you do find a lot of crackheads in the surrounding area, they seem harmless though and neve bothered me. The room is hot with no fan and it lacks cleaning. The common areas are poor with not enough space for food storage, cooking nor hanging out, the hostel as a whole craves for remodeling.

I booked two nights but checked out after 10 minutes. I believe someone peed on the floor of the room I booked. The window had no screen and faced a dodgy building. I paid 68$ a night for a single room just for me and although that is considered cheap for Vancouver I don't believe it was a clean room to stay at. The girl on the Friday daytime staff was quite rude and not helpful, however the girl on the Friday evening 6:30pm shift was very understanding, pleasant and helpful.

• 15th Aug 2014

BEDBUGS !!!! I was in a 4 people room and I was bite by bedbugs during the night on all my leg and foot! The manager gave me an other room on the other hostel (on Seymour) and it was worst !!! I killed 2 bedbugs in the bed after they bite me on my back and arm !!! I check under the bed and I found A LOT OF dead bedbugs ! It was a very bad experience. Just don't go on both Cambie Hostel

• 15th Aug 2014

Very good lovely bar and nice staff. However one of our party had bed bugs and the noisy bar downstairs made it very hard to sleep.

I got bedbugs from Cambie Hostel :(

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Great atmosphere downstairs with good cheap drinks and food. Definately not the cleanest of places, beds had stains in them. The lockers were also Brocken in the room I stayed in. But overall one of the better hostels.

A very nice place

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

If you needed anything, you would either be helped or not depending on the staff person you grabbed. Sonja was very friendly, efficient, and professional. Anyone I spoke with at the Cambie pub, however, was generally not friendly, and acted as though those staying at the hostel were an imposition.

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. When we arrived we had a duffle bag of stuff left in our room, the window wouldn't close and was left open for the remainder of our stay, and the room was fairly dirty. Overall the location and pub below made up for it. This is a great location if you're planning on only sleeping in the room and aren't really worried about your security etc. The location is close to a lot of clubs and gastowne!

• 8th Aug 2014

Great location, friendly staff, and clean rooms. This place is right in gastown (as you can guess by the name) and is by some great food, just ask the staff for recommendations. It is above a popular bar so be aware you may hear some music at night if you're trying to hit the sack early. It's really not too loud though, plus the bar is fun!

• 7th Aug 2014

It takes you long time to check in. They put only one staff at the reception at a time, you will end up queuing for long. Their female bathroom (shower room) is just too small to open the door and has no changing room. It's noisy till late evening as there's a bar on the ground floor but good for someone who likes this kind of atmosphere.

Always a great time at the cambie!

• 6th Aug 2014

Great hostel, great atmosphere and great beer! Definitely A+++

• 6th Aug 2014

The staff were very friendly.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Location was great as I needed to be close to the cruise terminal. Free breakfast (coffee/tea and muffin) was also nice. Security and staff were average. Cleanliness and facilities were awful. The rooms were excruciatingly hot and humid. Woke up covered in sweat. A fan would have helped. Floors looked like they were from the early 1900's and need an upgrade. Walls were dirty. Only through beer goggles would this place have seemed okay, but as someone who is sober this place was a pit.