Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Great hostel, great atmosphere and great beer! Definitely A+++

• 6th Aug 2014

The staff were very friendly.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Location was great as I needed to be close to the cruise terminal. Free breakfast (coffee/tea and muffin) was also nice. Security and staff were average. Cleanliness and facilities were awful. The rooms were excruciatingly hot and humid. Woke up covered in sweat. A fan would have helped. Floors looked like they were from the early 1900's and need an upgrade. Walls were dirty. Only through beer goggles would this place have seemed okay, but as someone who is sober this place was a pit.

Too small shower space. Everthing is so old. Poor atmosphere ; many baggers. Noisy pub inside so not sleep

Great place to stay. Very easy to get to, and het start is very frindly... 👍

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

I do love this hostel, despite its issues. This is my third time staying here, and the bar is great (loud and raucous, if you're into that). I got a dorm bed even though my 2 friends were staying in a private (which has space for 4) and the front desk wouldn't let me check into it (understandable). I would not have been able to sleep in my dorm- it was dirty, smelly, and crazy loud until 3 am (I was here for a holiday weekend). Thank goodness my friends let me sleep in their room.

The Cambie is a great hostel. The private room I stayed in was very spacious compared to other private hostel rooms at other hostels in Vancouver. The Cambie is located in gastown which is full of restaurants, bars, and shopping, and a 10 minute walk from the entertainment district of downtown Vancouver. The bar below the Cambie has great food, a friendly staff, and good atmosphere. Great hostel for the price! While the location could be a bit better, I still recommend it.

Great place to crash for a couple of days while visiting the amazing city of Vancouver.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Kenya

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was very affordable especially for the location. I enjoyed the bar downstairs a couple of times. First hostel I've been to with a bar, which makes it easy to meet some of the other travelers and hostel guests. The breakfast voucher to the bakery next door was delightful and helped me save some money on the trip. I felt the hostel was clean, I regularly saw the cleaning crew making their rounds. Bathrooms could have been better, but were fine otherwise.

Ive never stayed in a hostel before the experienceexperince was the best my room was above the outdoor bar area and it was a bit noisy but its cool i loved everything you guys provided so no complaints, I will be back very soon and keep you guys on my cell ,thank you so very much,David Arevalo

• 30th Jul 2014

Great location, good bar, night staff was awesome! A bit expensive and super hot in the room. Fans oils of helped a lot. Over all a decent experience.

I usually stay at the other Cambie Hostel but it was booked up for the night. Wow! I had a friggin' double bed! I couldn't believe it! And my room window was facing internally so no pub noises for once!!!! It was a good stay but a little far from everything except for Gas Town. PS You get very tired of the breakfast muffin.

1 2 3 Next » last »