Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Too small shower space. Everthing is so old. Poor atmosphere ; many baggers. Noisy pub inside so not sleep

Great place to stay. Very easy to get to, and het start is very frindly... 👍

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

I do love this hostel, despite its issues. This is my third time staying here, and the bar is great (loud and raucous, if you're into that). I got a dorm bed even though my 2 friends were staying in a private (which has space for 4) and the front desk wouldn't let me check into it (understandable). I would not have been able to sleep in my dorm- it was dirty, smelly, and crazy loud until 3 am (I was here for a holiday weekend). Thank goodness my friends let me sleep in their room.

The Cambie is a great hostel. The private room I stayed in was very spacious compared to other private hostel rooms at other hostels in Vancouver. The Cambie is located in gastown which is full of restaurants, bars, and shopping, and a 10 minute walk from the entertainment district of downtown Vancouver. The bar below the Cambie has great food, a friendly staff, and good atmosphere. Great hostel for the price! While the location could be a bit better, I still recommend it.

Great place to crash for a couple of days while visiting the amazing city of Vancouver.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Kenya

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was very affordable especially for the location. I enjoyed the bar downstairs a couple of times. First hostel I've been to with a bar, which makes it easy to meet some of the other travelers and hostel guests. The breakfast voucher to the bakery next door was delightful and helped me save some money on the trip. I felt the hostel was clean, I regularly saw the cleaning crew making their rounds. Bathrooms could have been better, but were fine otherwise.

Ive never stayed in a hostel before the experienceexperince was the best my room was above the outdoor bar area and it was a bit noisy but its cool i loved everything you guys provided so no complaints, I will be back very soon and keep you guys on my cell ,thank you so very much,David Arevalo

• 30th Jul 2014

Great location, good bar, night staff was awesome! A bit expensive and super hot in the room. Fans oils of helped a lot. Over all a decent experience.

I usually stay at the other Cambie Hostel but it was booked up for the night. Wow! I had a friggin' double bed! I couldn't believe it! And my room window was facing internally so no pub noises for once!!!! It was a good stay but a little far from everything except for Gas Town. PS You get very tired of the breakfast muffin.

Bar downstairs was a bit noisy, otherwise good hostel with great location.

We had a great stay we weren't here for long, only for a few days but definitively served it's purpose. The Cambie has an ace atmosphere!

We had a really good time in Vancouver. The hostel was pretty cool, it's possible to meet people from around the world and frim Vancouver in the pub downstairs, the staff was very helpful and friendly and our room (4beds) had enough space for our luggage and staff!

Very good burgers and sandwiches in the cambie bar. Very Very good location for any Trips in and around vancouver. We will definetly come back!!! The only thing we didnt like was the Kitchen and especially the dirty fridge. It would have been nice if the showers were a little Bit bigger.

• 19th Jul 2014

It was in a good location and I had a relatively relaxed and troublefree stay. Other reviews mentioned the noise before I booked so I was aware there was an issue and a bar downstairs. For me, it was OK because I liked the music and slept well. Occasional loud noise on the street was an issue one night though and did wake me up. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

This hostel was extremely unclean. For example the floor was extremely dirty. There were some pieces of chewing gum stock on the floor of the room. The staff was really nice tough.

• 17th Jul 2014

The bar is great but the hostel itself needs a revamp. The communal toilets were not great. There was only 1 working womens toilet for the whole 2nd floor the whole week we were there. The rooms are basic and the wifi came & went a lot. There are a lot of beggers & drug dealers about but they don't bother you. The good thing is the location is great & the staff here are friendly, informative & helpful. Just wish the hostel could have a makeover coz what you get for your money isn't great.

I'm an experienced traveller who have stayed in plenty of hostels over the years. This one has an excellent location and is very cheap - Vancouver is an expensive city. We were staying during a heat wave and even though I'm sensitive to cold, the heat was unbearable. It would've been nice with some fans. The bar downstairs is infamous for being loud, and I must confirm that it was difficult to sleep. Try to avoid the first floor if possible. In addition, the room were we stayed was leaning...

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

I don't mind staying in old buildings but I do mind cleanliness, the private bathroom was really old and very minimal I shall say. The bed was lack of elasticity which refelcts that it doesn't have support anymore. I stayed at this Hostel to give it a try during my one week stay in Vancouver and unfortunately I won't go back again. The staff were friendly but I understand that they only have one person on duty which makes check out or whenever people need things more difficult.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Stayed 2 nights in a 2 bed female room. There was a heat wave going on and it was very hot and stuffy indoors, not built for that type of weather. No lockers in the room, but 2 mouse traps in the corners - one of which went off in the middle of the night (thankfully without catching an animal). The lock on the room door wasn't working properly, and the staff were mildly uninterested in helping/fixing it. Over all a below average hostel stay. Bathrooms pretty clean. Ok breakfast.

i was with my daughter and she did not like the cleanlines of the hostel. especially the bed. i'msorry to say this to you

• 9th Jul 2014