Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Really enjoyed my stay at The Cambie, I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to staying in hostels but I felt right at home here, friendly staff, met some great people and the adjacent bar is one of the best I've been in, in Vancouver. The building itself could maybe do with a little TLC but that doesn't detract from an overall pleasant experience :)

• 14th Oct 2015

Excellent stay, nice rooms and facilities. Quite noisy as above but reasonable hours of operation. Great location and staff.

My stay at the Cambie Hostel, was an absolutely PHENOMENAL experience! The location is incredible! It's close to EVERYTHING! Whether you are looking for a place to read, shop, party, eat, and just simply EXPLORE! The staff are so accommodating! They will deal with any concerns you have fast and efficiently! All in all, they will go out of their way to help you! Also, I met SO MUCH people, from all over the world! The memories I've created here are UNREAL! See you all again NEXT YEAR! THANK YOU!

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Jamaica

I can't really complain about anything! Lovely hostel feeling and a great atmosphere. It was quite loud in our room due to the pub but I was in the pub too so I can't really complain..

• 10th Oct 2015

Had a great time. It was fun meeting other travelers and locals at the bar.

The Hostel is centrally located in Vancouver. It was a bit dirty but not really dramatic. We heard the music from the Pub in our room very loud even with closed windows. So if you have a bad sleep you maybe should not stay there.

I guess my ratings don't do justice to the place. It has a really cool vibe and the wifi actually works unlike most hostels in Vancouver. The bar is convenient and usually has something happening. The bathrooms are not ideal but the showers are always hot and relatively clean. That said there are 3 stalls (toilet) and 3 showers on each floor for a lot of people to share. Any bad points are trumped bu the atmosphere. I extended my stay and haven't regretted it.

WiFi is excellent, great location. The bar downstairs can be quite lively, great if your wanting a night out. The room I was in was on the 1st floor, you could hear it a little but nothing louder than any street noise. Kitchen and common room always had someone to talk too. Supermarket, bus and skytrain all within a few blocks. Would definitely stay again.

I had a good stay there. I met good people and it was nice to stay in the kitchen talking. The only bad point was that we could here the bar music from the 1st floor until late in the night.

I thought the front desk staff were awesome! Everyone was super friendly and helped me know my way around the city with ease.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location, very close to sky train and bus stations. The staff were very friendly and helpful and security is good, a locker is provided. Wifi is provided as well and works everywhere in the hostel which was great! A bit grummy but comfortable enough. Biggest negative is the noise, not a good place if you want a quiet night and the rooms were pretty stifling. But this can be expected when you are sleeping above a bar!

The Cambie is gritty but functional. You get what you expect. Great helpful staff members, informative, helpful when needed, top banana. The kitchen is small but has all the basics. Good location in Gastown. Banging bar downstairs is huge and more an actual bar than a hostel drinking area. Loud music late into the night, but you know that before so no complaints. Breakfast next door was super tasty. Bathrooms are in a Bad state, and dirty. Overall satisfactory but no more. Too expensive.

Great location, has a lot of... How can you describe it... Character. This was my first hostel ive stayed in and dont have any complaints, especially for the price I paid.

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Bathroom with toilet and shower was in the dorm which was good. A muffin and a coffee are better than nothing but not a real breakfast. 2 girls who stayed in the same dorm brought 2 guys from outside into the room in the middle of the night. That was very unpleasant, one of the worst nights I had in a hostel ever. It was impossible to sleep.

Kelsey at the front desk was awesome!!!

We loved your hostel! The atmosphere, location, and cleanliness were all phenomenal, and the staff (kelsy and trevor) were very helpful and friendly :) Only downside was that the dryer in the 2nd floor laundry room left our clothes damp.

• 21st Sep 2015

Cambie was a great hostel with great vibes! The bar was always full for meeting people and the location was ideal. Definitely recommend it!

I loved my stay at Cambie Hostel, and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else next time I am in Vanceouver. The staff run it very well, the guests I met were all charming, and the location is fantastic.

• 18th Sep 2015

Right so yes this place isn't exactly clean but having read the reviews I was dreading my stay here, it turned out to be pretty good. Like I said, the rooms and bathroom are a bit grubby but overall I thought it was decent.

It's in a good location downtown n has a fun backpacker bar that is packed every night. But the building is old and I had bed bugs in my bed. I would be careful about staying there. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 18th Sep 2015