Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

VERY friendly and accommodating staff. Wish the room I stayed in had a window that could open; it got pretty stuffy at times.

• 13th Jun 2014

My only comment to travelers would be to pack light because there's no elevator. I learned that the hard way dragging my bag up flights of stairs. I was a solo female traveller and always felt safe and secure in the shared room, but I did wish there were lockers inside. Awesome location with convenient bus routes nearby and a quick walk to China Town, the Vancouver Lookout Tower and the harbour. Cool bar with really good food and drinks for low prices, which is hard to find in Vancouver.

Had spent 27 hours in transit from Mexico and the guy on reception told me I couldn't check in until 2pm and nor could I sit at the hostel and relax it's all about the money I spouse!

Old locks on doors should be replaced.

• 30th May 2014