Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

It's in a good location downtown n has a fun backpacker bar that is packed every night. But the building is old and I had bed bugs in my bed. I would be careful about staying there. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 18th Sep 2015

Exactly what I expected. Downstairs bar is rowdy and perfect for those wanting to go out. Our room on the second floor was very quiet. Breakfast was delicious muffins and coffee. There are plenty of breakfast places in the city of you want more than just the muffin but it was perfect for my brother and I to start our day. The area seems to be a little sketchy but the hostel itself is safe.

The bar was very loud until near 3:00 AM,but everything else was swell. Eric a nice & helpful young man. Great young crowd from the world around. Only complaint was no lockers.

spooky atmosphere, small washrooms without privacy, staff friendly but not overwhelmingly fast

• 12th Sep 2015

Fantastic stay - we weren't expecting such a nice place so cheap!

• 12th Sep 2015

ok for the money, but new investments would be required in rooms and bathrooms to make it a nice hostel stay. all a bit out of date. rooms are not really secure if roommates do not lock the door as there is only one door to pass from public bar to hostel area. complimentary breakfast is a simple muffin and a coffee.anyway location is awesome and for 1/2 nights it is fine just as a place to sleep in (new matrresses)!

We love staying here, Thanks! We also really appreciate the discount on breakfast next door... such good breakfast : )

• 11th Sep 2015

The staff is awesome! They know the area and are happy to help you with anything. The bar downstairs is always social and you're in a perfect area to walk around and find restaurants and bars and tours, etc.

This hostel is what you would think of when you hear the word hostel. Grungy, above a rowdy bar, old building in need of repair. However the location is perfect as only a ten minute walk from waterfront station. Vancouver hostels aren't great to be honest but I would pick this one because of convenience of location.

A very decent hostel with friendly staff located in the heart of Gastown, across the street from great cafes, 2 minutes to amazing restaurants and 5 minutes to the Skytrain that takes you straight to the airport. Although there is a boisterous bar downstairs, the security was pretty good. Yes, we could hear the music in our room, so bring your earplugs. I would have added more bathrooms and made the showers more convenient (not even a shelf inside), but otherwise it was a great place to stay.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Ukraine

This is my favorite hostel in vancouver. I have stayed here a number of times, because of the lively atmosphere, great staff and good location. The hostel is clean, but on my last two stays i have encountered a bed bug problem, waking up to numerous itchy bites! Come on guys your letting yourselves down!!!

Everything smells like dried pee and the floors are so creaky, you can here if somebody's walking out the hall. The shower rooms are a bit small but it's fine.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Philippines

I liked the feel of this hostel.

room was surprisingly quiet (second floor) even with the loud music/voices at the bar Saturday night.

• 5th Sep 2015

The washrooms are not adequate for the amount of people.I booked a room for 5 people in the same room,our room was modified,this way had to be in two different rooms,without previous notification.The entrance of the fisrt floor stinks.The wood floor makes a noise when we walk,plus some levels of the floor were uneven,which is dangerous.

• 1st Sep 2015

The Cambie nailed it for me. Located in the best part of the city with a quality beer literally underneath you, a guest doesn't even have to expend effort to have a great time. The people who stayed at the cambie were super friendly and interesting as well.

Good place. It's also a great place to meet new people. The hostel itself is not boring and you could spend your evenings in the pub/bar downstairs for a good time.

The Cambie Hostel is pretty cool, especially because of the huge bar downstairs. Every day there are lots of people downstairs, so whenever you are in the mood of getting to know new people it just takes you 1 minute from your room to be in the middle of a bar. Great opportunity. The only thing that annoyed me is, that the rooms are very different. The room assignment is random. If you are in a good room you have a big room + big bed. Bad room = small bed + small room + loud room on top of bar.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Austria

It was too noisy because of the pub

• 29th Aug 2015

Great to Party. Dont expect much sleep as place can be very noisey.