Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

It was awful and I'll never stay in it again

The front desk staff was extremely helpful. I am 53 and was traveling with my 77 year old father. The staff was very assistive to my dad's needs and were very inviting, helpful and friendly.

• 15th May 2014

Security - No locks for your bags in your rooms Location - Perfect, right near the best part of town Staff - Okay, helpful Atmosphere - The hostel is connected to a fun pub and cool bakery Cleanliness - Good to average Value for Money - Felt it was slightly below average Facilities - No AC or fans in the rooms, I can only imagine how hot it gets in the summer. They have on site washer and driers but they're pretty sketchy, I went around the corner.

Two lockers (out of 8, I believe) in room 120 did not work; thus, not everyone could lock up their belongings. Otherwise great.

I'm in my 40s and this was my first stay in a hostel. It was marathon weekend and the hotels were either full or charging a ridiculous rate. I got a semi private room for two nights that was clean and safe. The location was excellent…walking distance to great restaurants in Gastown and easy access just a few blocks to Canada Place and the trains. The bar downstairs was busy…great for the "younger crowd". The noise from the bar was bit of a problem, but ear plugs helped.

• 3rd May 2014

Bar noise on the street lasted past 3am in the morning. Young people yelling and screaming all over the street on Saturday night. Minus the bar it was a cool hostel. Really noisy outside in the front of the hostel, plus loud bass from bar music. If you want a quite atmosphere I would look elsewhere.

• 3rd May 2014

Really loved the hostel and the vibe. Just a few things to add- please pick more plug sockets in the rooms. Also please place more showers and loos on each floor. The rooms weren't especially clean but like I said, really enjoyed my time. Thanks a lot

• 30th Apr 2014

That was one of the worst experiences as a traveler in a hostel. I was at the bar to socialize with other backpackers. At first they’d cheated me at the bar with a price for a beer, which was announced much lower. I was sitting alone for a while and the doorman was always looking very bad to me. After I had tried to talk with some girls at the neighbor table for some seconds, the doorman asked me to leave the table immediately. I can confirm all the bad reviews concerning security and cleanness.

There were mice. We asked to be transferred to another location, The Cambie in Downtown.

• 26th Apr 2014

I loved staying at the cambie in Gastown, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, cleanliness or the lack thereof was a problem for me, for instance the bins in the ladies bathroom were not emptied for days at a time. Loved the bar though, great atmosphere and I'll back, particularly because of the staff!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »