Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Good quality / price

• 29th Jun 2014

It is better to have sth. in the room on the bed, where you can put things. My matress was worn out. I felt the plumes. Also is a locker in the room not given. You have to wait for a person from the hostel to do sth. in a locker for staff, but there are also a few of locker. Otherwise everything was good.

• 28th Jun 2014

Front desk staff were exceptionally nice and charming, full of recommendations. The linens were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Malone's Bar is a kick-ass place to party with other travelers on a weekend!

Cambie hostel is well located and the atmosphere is good, the personnel of the hostel is always ready to help. Nevertheless the facilities are not good, it's pretty dirty and the toilets are just ... well not good at all. On top of that we had bedbugs problems when we stayed there so i wouldn't recommend going there i suppose !

Party inside hostel and outside on street several days a week - noisy until late no shelf or cupboard - annoying when staying longer than just a day or two people have to put their stuff on the floor; as it is timber floor you can hear every bit of luggage moves next door or in lower level

• 27th Jun 2014

We stayed on the recommendation of friends who had a good experience. Ours was not. The girl at check-in was friendly but curt; the same could be said for all the staff. Our major complaint was noise. Our friends hadn't noticed on the 2nd floor, but on the 1st floor

• 27th Jun 2014

Free breakfast muffin and coffee/tea is appreciable.

Pros: Friendly staff, convenient location downtown Cons: VERY NOISY due to bar downstairs, limited sound insulation - our beds were vibrating from the bass. At check in we were told the music stopped at 11pm which is reasonable, but on the 2nd night it only stopped at 1:30 - not great when you've got 12 hours of driving to do the next day. Poor atmosphere in the hostel, limited kitchen facilities and the building is very tired generally. I've stayed in hostels on 4 continents and unfortunately

Had a good time, though my bike was stolen just out side our window but id still go back, just next time ill insist to bring it up stairs with me, sucks to go back home with no way to get around.

• 16th Jun 2014

Loud! Very loud! And there is no intimacy in the bathrooms!

• 16th Jun 2014

Impossible to sleep with club downstairs.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location, few minutes walk to subway or bus station, a lot of restaurants nearby, convenient to explore the city. Staffs are friendly, one of them helped me to print my Flycanada and greyhound tickets for free. The hostel is not that clean, many of us saw rats in the kitchen and else where. My dorm was by the street so it was a bit noisy.

I'm not particularly demanding when it comes to hostels - their main function is to provide a cheap place to sleep - any extra facilities are a bonus. Thanks to the karaoke directly below my bed that lasted until the early hours of the following morning (on a weeknight), there wasn't much chance of sleep. I also spent a large part of the night scratching the bug bites that appeared on my feet and ankles a few hours after I went to bed.

Although it got a bit loud (it was a Saturday night, after all) it was fine with ear plugs... We shared a private girls' room it was great. The bunk beds are built into the wall, super solid. The price is right, I'd definitely stay again!

• 31st May 2014

to noise, not clean, smelled like urin, to loud...

• 30th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Positives: Great location, literally in the middle of everything and with easy access to anywhere in the city. Made my visit so much more pleasant. The staff are friendly and useful! Negatives: You sleep above a bar which plays banging music 6 days out of the week and then there's the noise from drunk people... Rooms are basic and quite small with what looked to me like garden furniture, but hey it's a hostel, you pay for what you get!! Would come back purely on location and price!

My friend and I had a lovely stay!! The staff were super welcoming and the mattress was very comfy. Thank you for a wonderful time!

• 22nd May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay as it was downtown close to everything, Canada Place and Stanley Park. I could hear the bar music below at night, but expected that.

• 9th May 2014

Loud, loud thumping music until late into the night. I tried putting a pillow over my head but the music sounded like the speakers were in my room. Ear plugs didn't work either. As nice as the place was, the fact that I got 4 hours of sleep made it a total waste of money.

• 3rd May 2014

Very central. Nice and clean. Lovely bar downstairs with good food. A Cambie card is worth the buy, good discounts on room and in the bar.

• 26th Apr 2014