Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi Reviews

2-12-22,Nishihinsaibashi,Chuouku,Osakashi, Osaka, Japan

A little cold and utilitarian... But it's a capsule hotel, so what can you expect? Was surprised at how big, and comfortable the place was. Well located, in the center of everything.

it's clean. but there's no none-smoking wifi area. this is really bad for those who don't smoke.

Just 1 night is enough for the experience. Bed wasnt too clean, had few strands of hair. There's only a curtain at the "entrance" of your bed. So I could hear people talking, packing, and even one who was drinking water -.- Woke up in the middle of the night several times. But it was interesting! Open concept bath room & coffin style bed (space to sit up). Could only keep your bags in the locker provided or if your luggage is too big then you could keep it with the reception at 200 yen for 24hr.

If you really want to experience a capsule hotel, stay one night then go somewhere else. Only curtains divide you from your 400 closest friends, so loud snorers/early alarms make sleeping difficult. The bathrooms are dirty, but there is an onsen in the basement which is quite good. You have to store your stuff in lockers, which are opened every morning by staff to put a new robe in, so if you don't trust the staff with your valuables don't stay here.

Openly rude staff and an unfriendly feel.

the security is good, the location is easy to reach. everything is great. though for some foreigners it is quite a new experience to have a bath and shower naked in a shared bathroom. but well,, i think knowing other country's culture won't hurt. in the other hand it gives a new experience to me and my friends. i think i will visit this hotel again if i visit osaka next time.

The women's capsule rooms were very hot! The air conditioning system didn't seem to work. This made it difficult to sleep. In the men's room, we would advise bringing ear plugs! The location is great, but perhaps save the 'capsule hotel' experience for a different city.

About what you'd expect from a Capsule hotel.

This place was as good as it always is! Great for overnight in Osaka before or after a flight. Maybe not so good for longer stays.

A surprisingly great capsule experience. Was not expecting much when I stayed here but the capsule hotel was great! My capsule was very large (I'm 6'2") and I had more than enough room to fit inside it. The mattress is pretty thin but you get what you pay for. The lounge was very relaxing and the bath house in the hotel was quite large with a variety of different temperature baths to choose from. The fun night life of Osaka is also only a stone's throw away. Would book here again no problem!

Although the location is good to be in Shinsaibashi, and close to Doutonbori, two nights there was enough. It seems to be designed for local people more than tourists, as most staff dont speak much/any english. Also to note, the clothes dryers there suck, so find somewhere else to wash your clothes, the shower facilities are public, which didnt bother me, but you WILL be stared at...and they smoke inside which can get overwhelming on a friday/saturday night. Good for a gimmick. 2.5 out of 5

An experience I would recommend. Average for security as you cannot lock yourself in your "capsule" but this is part of the concept. Average for atmosphere as rather clinical atmosphere, most people who go to these capsule hotels see these as somewhere to wash/sleep and nothing more, but again this is part of the concept.

Had quite a nice time staying in this hostel. It was fun to try sleeping in a capsule. The capsule itself was clean and comfortable although I woke up several times in the night because it was far too hot. Sometimes the aircon was working in the capsule but I wasn't sure how to control it. The women's area was nice because there weren't many people. The sauna and bath area was small but very nice.

Nice place, good experience. Definitely not for much else than showering, relaxing, and sleeping. Don't expect to meet anyone or have a good time.

Not great for meeting fellow travelers but great if you know what to expect. I definitely suggest everyone try a capsule hotel for a day or two. Where else will you get the chance? The place is great though. Sauna and hot spring on the bottom floor.

Well, it's the Japanese capsule hotel experience. A bit old, but okay. I am glad I stayed there for one night for the experience, and I recommend that other travellers try out a capsule hotel like this for one night, but for longer periods of time I prefer hostels and guesthouses.

Ive always wanted to try out a capsule hotel. They did not disappoint. Great place to try your first capsule or just to stay the night and still be in the center of Namba!

Great fun if you want to have the Capsule hotel experience. The sauna and baths are wonderful after a long day's sightseeing. The only negative point for me was the fact that all the common areas (not the bedroom areas) allow smoking and are often very smokey. Oh, and if any tall people are wondering - the capsules are pretty long; I fitted and I'm 196cm/ 6ft 5in tall.

Not for the faint of heart, bit of a shock but great fun if you give it a chance, not something I'd recommend for your first night though

I stayed twice, but found that both capsules don't seem to be cleaned around and under the mattresses. I think adjustable air-conditioning would also be a bonus - unless I happened to get capsules where it wasn't working? Loved the concept of the capsule, but price-wise it was more expensive than a backpack hostel - I believe it should be cheaper - say around 2200-2400 for a standard all-night booking.