Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi Reviews

2-12-22,Nishihinsaibashi,Chuouku,Osakashi, Osaka, Japan

Pros: * Great location in downtown Osaka * Cheap price (not as cheap as a hostel) * The in-house sento bath is pretty good * Interesting experience * Efficient shoe and personal locker system (large enough for backpack) Cons: * Its a capsule hotel so LOTS of people coming and going at 3 am * Only curtains and thin walls so you can hear everything * Thin slightly sticky mattress

Not somewhere I'd recommend for westeners. The lack of showers was okay as the public bath is part of the experience, but there was no working internet at all, had to make a trip to starbucks to book the next hostel, and the staff that I dealt with were fairly blunt and rude considering how expensive the bed was.

Great place, nice facility, awesome value for money. It's a really huge capsule hotel you definitely want to experience once when you travel to Japan. Clean and Quiet. 24 Hours Services. I would come back if I travel to Osaka.

Place is run down and unpleasant. It has seen better days. I got bedbugs in the capsule. Better go somewhere else.

Staying in a capsule is worth the experience. This one is in an awesome location right in the heart of the youth party area.. The toilets are very average and there are downsides such as not being able to charge your devices in your capsule, you have to pay a deposit to leave it in a locker downstairs! You also have to wear a robe.. A little bit weird. Still worth one nights stay!

Perfect location, good facilities and the capsule is nice for those who just need a bed to sleep overnight. Just to beware of the naked share bathroom and WIFI available only at common area. Everything else is good in value.

It was a cheap night's sleep in a clean, secure facility. As far as actually sleeping goes, the mattresses aren't really comfortable and the noise of guests coming in late, and their alarms going off at 5am, meant that I didn't really sleep that much at all.

My boyfriend, his sister and I stayed here for three nights and had a great experience. It was very clean and well-kept and had almost everything we needed. I was reading some other reviews about the TVs in the capsules being too loud, but we never experienced that problem - guess we were lucky. If you're not into smoking or smelling smoke I would definitely pass on this place. All common rooms allow smoking. Didn't bother us, but just a heads up to non-smokers and people bothered by smoking.

• 26th Sep 2014

The hotel was exactly what we needed. A perfect fit for our needs and budget. Will be using their facilities again in the future.

• 20th Sep 2014

Good for business trip , quite and comfy bed !

This capsule hotel impressed us a lot, they have a nice Japanese bath in the basement which helps to relax after a long day. The American quarter is one of the best spots to be in Osaka. Especially at night there are a lot of things to see! We enjoyed it a lot.

My first and only capsule hotel experience. It was pretty cool. The capsule isn't that small. It's feels like sleeping on the bottom bunk but it's actually bigger than the average bunk bed. The bathing facilities were great. The lounge area would have been better without all the smoking but it was alright. Be prepared to dump a lot of money into the dryers. The WiFi is excellent but only available in the lounge (basement). It was a pretty fun experience overall. I'd stay again. Perfect location.

If this is your only chance to try a capsule hotel (I.e you are female or only staying on Osaka) then definitely go here. If not, then maybe look for other options. The place is still good but not for more than a couple of nights max. The cigarette smell is everywhere. It's a little dark and dated. And true to the nature of a capsule hotel, you will feel isolated if you're a solo traveller. There are much nicer capsule hotels out there

I have lived in more than 40 hostels. This is the worst hostel I have lived. The staffs were quite unfriendly and difficult to communicate. You have to change the locker key and shoes key every time when you enter and exit. No wifi in the capsule room. For big luggage, you have to pay 200yen per day to store it. Some capsules do NOT have plug to charge your mobile phone and the staff didn't tell me in advance. Really bad experience.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Interesting experience. Worth a try

Staff were very difficult to communicate with. Annoying with receipts and key exchanges on entry/exiting hotel during stay. ONLY public bathing facilities. People coming in all through the night... Quite noisy. Would not stay here again