Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi Reviews

2-12-22,Nishihinsaibashi,Chuouku,Osakashi, Osaka, Japan

Very good location for nightlife. An usual capsuelhotel very clean an uncomplicated with good stuff. I would definetly stay there again.

A great location and place to stay if you are in the Dontombori area and looking to get the Japanese capsule experience. The public areas were smoky, but the women's facility were quiet, clean, and secure. Some staff spoke great English while others did not. Overall, it was an awesome experience in Japan!

This is a no-frills Capsule hotel, not a traditional hostel. Everything is an extra charge, you have public changing rooms with lockers, no private areas (and gender separated, which is a pro or con, depending on who you are). The Spa (onsen) was nice enough, but there was a chunk of feces on the floor in the bathroom there, for hours, one night. The beds themselves are clean, and the wifi (lobby only) is usually good. Location is fantastic. Traditional hostels, though, are cheaper and better...

The toilets are very small and not very clean. Have limited power outlets to charge devices.

Female capsule nice and clean. Blanket kinda thin, felt the cold. Clean onsen & sauna and dressing room. Uncomfortable to walk about bare-footed though. Smoking allowed at lobby and when I joined my boyfriend at the male+female resting lounge, it was filled with cigarette smell as most men were smoking in the lounge, very uncomfortable for non-smokers.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The Capsule Hostel was what it promised. An inexpensive opportunity to sleep in an expensive country! However, I did not expect the pool, the bath, the whirlpool and the sauna. I spent the nights more in the bath than in my capsule! I liked it soooo much,

This was a decently indecent facility. Smoking indoors is allowed and although the sleeping area is nonsmoking, it still reeks of cigarettes. Staff were less than welcoming. Highly regret staying here.

Pros: * Great location in downtown Osaka * Cheap price (not as cheap as a hostel) * The in-house sento bath is pretty good * Interesting experience * Efficient shoe and personal locker system (large enough for backpack) Cons: * Its a capsule hotel so LOTS of people coming and going at 3 am * Only curtains and thin walls so you can hear everything * Thin slightly sticky mattress

Not somewhere I'd recommend for westeners. The lack of showers was okay as the public bath is part of the experience, but there was no working internet at all, had to make a trip to starbucks to book the next hostel, and the staff that I dealt with were fairly blunt and rude considering how expensive the bed was.

Great place, nice facility, awesome value for money. It's a really huge capsule hotel you definitely want to experience once when you travel to Japan. Clean and Quiet. 24 Hours Services. I would come back if I travel to Osaka.

Place is run down and unpleasant. It has seen better days. I got bedbugs in the capsule. Better go somewhere else.

Staying in a capsule is worth the experience. This one is in an awesome location right in the heart of the youth party area.. The toilets are very average and there are downsides such as not being able to charge your devices in your capsule, you have to pay a deposit to leave it in a locker downstairs! You also have to wear a robe.. A little bit weird. Still worth one nights stay!

Perfect location, good facilities and the capsule is nice for those who just need a bed to sleep overnight. Just to beware of the naked share bathroom and WIFI available only at common area. Everything else is good in value.

It was a cheap night's sleep in a clean, secure facility. As far as actually sleeping goes, the mattresses aren't really comfortable and the noise of guests coming in late, and their alarms going off at 5am, meant that I didn't really sleep that much at all.

My boyfriend, his sister and I stayed here for three nights and had a great experience. It was very clean and well-kept and had almost everything we needed. I was reading some other reviews about the TVs in the capsules being too loud, but we never experienced that problem - guess we were lucky. If you're not into smoking or smelling smoke I would definitely pass on this place. All common rooms allow smoking. Didn't bother us, but just a heads up to non-smokers and people bothered by smoking.

• 26th Sep 2014

The hotel was exactly what we needed. A perfect fit for our needs and budget. Will be using their facilities again in the future.

• 20th Sep 2014