Caroline Lodging Family House Reviews

Urb. Avitentel Mz., Huaraz, Peru

I rocked up & was told there was no beds DESPITE HAVING BOOKED & PAYING A DEPOSIT! after trying to dismiss me & 45 minutes of waiting, I stayed in one of the family members bedroom/office, with the dude?! WIFI has a limit of people so no internet, but it's okay because they have a computer for rent, not free like other hostels (SCAM?). people at the front desk either aren't there or ignore you & almost no staff speak English. also the tour they offered was completely the wrong one, wtf?!

I loved the vibe at this hostel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. However, we were never given a key to our room, the water was not warm like promised, and the shower curtain was missing. The owners were eager to sign us up for treks (and get a commission) but the logistics were sometimes disorganized, including waiting over an hour for a bus to visit the glacier. Overall, it was a decent place to stay, but I'd try a new place - or pay five more soles- for better accommodations.

• 8th Oct 2015

The hostel was cheap, quiet location, and the free breakfast was nice. But BE CAREFUL! We sat down to eat breakfast one morning, I had a plastic bag containing my reading book and a small purse. I put it down on the table behind me, where 4 staff members were preparing breakfast and cleaning, 1 minute later the bag was moved my purse containing 70 soles was gone - I asked the staff which one had touched the bag (as none of the guests moved from their seats), and they all just shrugged!

Very nice hostel. Bed was ready for me even with a very early check in which was lovely. Clean bathrooms with hot water in the showers. Nice rooftop terrace/kitchen with pretty views

The hostel was good and bad. It was good in that you have a nice rooftop balcony and easy to meet other traveler and hang out, but it wasn't so strong in the facilities. The kitchen and the fridge was not the cleanest, the rooms were a bit crammed with not so much space to hang out. The showers were inconsistent, some with no hot water. The staff was overall friendly but most of the time, was a bit loud with the reception being a local kids hangout. The staff was helpful in getting tour booking.

Staff were very kind and helpful. Neighborhood is kind of noisy at night.

There was no soap in the bathrooms. Big minus.

Greeted with a lot of confusion to our booking. Even with our collective Spanish it was hard to explain our booking through hostel world. It wasn't the most organised but the mother and daughter were lovely and genuine. The breakfast is great!! Best by far. The room was great value for money but it's such a busy hostel it's hard to know what is going on when at reception. Also they weren't very helpful when we asked about booking a taxi to the bus station - they didn't have a number

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts