Caroline Lodging Family House Reviews

Urb. Avitentel Mz., Huaraz, Peru

Excellente auberge.

We arrived at 3am and woke Caroline by ringing the doorbell several times. She was lovely and helped organise tours for the following days. This went smoothly. The evening we were leaving, we collected washing they had done only to find clothes missing. I found my pants thrown on a table in the dining room?! Caroline was called by staff to find the rest which were found in her room. told phone not working to call taxi, yet staff were on mobiles phone playing games

I rocked up & was told there was no beds DESPITE HAVING BOOKED & PAYING A DEPOSIT! after trying to dismiss me & 45 minutes of waiting, I stayed in one of the family members bedroom/office, with the dude?! WIFI has a limit of people so no internet, but it's okay because they have a computer for rent, not free like other hostels (SCAM?). people at the front desk either aren't there or ignore you & almost no staff speak English. also the tour they offered was completely the wrong one, wtf?!

I loved the vibe at this hostel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. However, we were never given a key to our room, the water was not warm like promised, and the shower curtain was missing. The owners were eager to sign us up for treks (and get a commission) but the logistics were sometimes disorganized, including waiting over an hour for a bus to visit the glacier. Overall, it was a decent place to stay, but I'd try a new place - or pay five more soles- for better accommodations.

• 8th Oct 2015

The hostel was cheap, quiet location, and the free breakfast was nice. But BE CAREFUL! We sat down to eat breakfast one morning, I had a plastic bag containing my reading book and a small purse. I put it down on the table behind me, where 4 staff members were preparing breakfast and cleaning, 1 minute later the bag was moved my purse containing 70 soles was gone - I asked the staff which one had touched the bag (as none of the guests moved from their seats), and they all just shrugged!

Very nice hostel. Bed was ready for me even with a very early check in which was lovely. Clean bathrooms with hot water in the showers. Nice rooftop terrace/kitchen with pretty views

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts