Caroline Lodging Family House Reviews

Urb. Avitentel Mz., Huaraz, Peru

There was no soap in the bathrooms. Big minus.

Greeted with a lot of confusion to our booking. Even with our collective Spanish it was hard to explain our booking through hostel world. It wasn't the most organised but the mother and daughter were lovely and genuine. The breakfast is great!! Best by far. The room was great value for money but it's such a busy hostel it's hard to know what is going on when at reception. Also they weren't very helpful when we asked about booking a taxi to the bus station - they didn't have a number

The nights in Huaraz were cold but the bedding and blankets kept me warm. The hostel set up a hike for me to the Laguna 69 which was cool.

This is a weird comment, but I stayed in the annex that is really nice but there is nowhere to hang anything up. It's kind of annoying. So you have to get creative drying your towels and wet trekking clothes using the doors and shower curtain rod. Otherwise it's a great hostel and breakfast is really good.

Breakfast was really good! Has a nice rooftop area with a great view and kitchen facilities. Buuut negatives... Internet only worked in the room downstairs and on the last day I checked out early for a tour which I was able to leave my bag there but when I returned in the afternoon they asked 5soles fora shower...

Great Staff.. clean hostel!!

Great location only 5minutes from the main plaza and the local market. awesome showers,nice breakfast. The light in the bathroom didn't work and they fixed it soon after we told them. There are lockers in the room and the beds are great. The kitchen is a little small. Atmosphere was so so for me but then again every week it's something different. You can book tours through the hostel for fair prices which makes it very easy😃 over all it was a positive stay.with great value for money!

Caroline lodging was an excellent place to stay. The staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and have lots of blankets for cold nights. I would recommend staying!

• 19th Jan 2015