Caroline Lodging Family House Reviews

Urb. Avitentel Mz., Huaraz, Peru

The hostel was good and bad. It was good in that you have a nice rooftop balcony and easy to meet other traveler and hang out, but it wasn't so strong in the facilities. The kitchen and the fridge was not the cleanest, the rooms were a bit crammed with not so much space to hang out. The showers were inconsistent, some with no hot water. The staff was overall friendly but most of the time, was a bit loud with the reception being a local kids hangout. The staff was helpful in getting tour booking.

Staff were very kind and helpful. Neighborhood is kind of noisy at night.

There was no soap in the bathrooms. Big minus.

Greeted with a lot of confusion to our booking. Even with our collective Spanish it was hard to explain our booking through hostel world. It wasn't the most organised but the mother and daughter were lovely and genuine. The breakfast is great!! Best by far. The room was great value for money but it's such a busy hostel it's hard to know what is going on when at reception. Also they weren't very helpful when we asked about booking a taxi to the bus station - they didn't have a number

The nights in Huaraz were cold but the bedding and blankets kept me warm. The hostel set up a hike for me to the Laguna 69 which was cool.

This is a weird comment, but I stayed in the annex that is really nice but there is nowhere to hang anything up. It's kind of annoying. So you have to get creative drying your towels and wet trekking clothes using the doors and shower curtain rod. Otherwise it's a great hostel and breakfast is really good.

Breakfast was really good! Has a nice rooftop area with a great view and kitchen facilities. Buuut negatives... Internet only worked in the room downstairs and on the last day I checked out early for a tour which I was able to leave my bag there but when I returned in the afternoon they asked 5soles fora shower...

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts