Caroline Lodging Family House Reviews

Urb. Avitentel Mz., Huaraz, Peru

Great Staff.. clean hostel!!

Great location only 5minutes from the main plaza and the local market. awesome showers,nice breakfast. The light in the bathroom didn't work and they fixed it soon after we told them. There are lockers in the room and the beds are great. The kitchen is a little small. Atmosphere was so so for me but then again every week it's something different. You can book tours through the hostel for fair prices which makes it very easy😃 over all it was a positive stay.with great value for money!

Caroline lodging was an excellent place to stay. The staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and have lots of blankets for cold nights. I would recommend staying!

• 19th Jan 2015

We loved our stay there. We came in early and the room was already clean and ready for us so we showered and we took some breakfast what was very nice!! In the breakfast room we decided to go on a trip and that was ok for the same day so we took our stuff and go on the trip so we didnt lose time or a day so that was very kind of them. You can book anything with them. Caroline is very kind and her father brought us back to the busstation. Very kind!!! loved staying here

Didn't have a good stay because of 2 main reasons: there was a large group staying there and every time they came back to the hostel they would literally be screaming, chasing each other around, it was so loud that no one in my room could sleep and none of the staff asked them to be quiet, even though there were signs all over asking to remain quiet for the sake of people getting up early for treks. Second is because one of the staff made me cry but there aren't enough "characters" to explain.

The staff was quite unfriendly, particularly when I booked my daytrips not with the hostel but directly with the agency... Which I did because nobody informed me about the trips available! Besides, they refused speaking English. During my five-days-stay I never had the luck to have warm water. The location though was nice, everything was clean and breakfast was great. There are no lockers available. Definitely not ”feel like at home".

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. A very helpfull, nice, flexible staff, a broad breakfast, hot showers and good propositions for tours (especially the Santa Cruz Trek for 3/4 Days). A very recommendable hostel.

• 4th Nov 2014

The private rooms are a steal with these prices. Everything was clean and spatious as well. The only thing was hat when we arrived, the staff told us they didn't have our reservation. Luckily, after waiting about 10 minutes, Caroline arrived and figured out everything for them. She was extremely nice! The hostel is a good 10ish minutes walking from the downtown area.

Good hostel - good value for money with a basic breakfast included. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and there's a cool rooftop area with a ping pong table and places to chill. However there aren't any lockers in the rooms and the staff are really strict on the fact that you can't take a shower after check-out unless you pay, which if you've woke up early for a hike and missed a shower and breakfast doesn't seem fair, especially when you've used the hostel to book the hike.

Staff is not kind and not helpful at all. Fake advertising about the great breakfast!!!! They say it's not only bread jam and butter and what we had? Bread jam and butter! Don't go there!

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts