Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

For a party hostel, it was surprisingly quiet at night (thankfully). Social events were organized by really fun staff, and continued outside the hostel so those wanting to sleep had the chance to do so, and those wanting to party had a ton of options. Facilities were clean and rooms were large. Only thing is make sure you get a receipt for everything you buy thru staff because some are too fun and forgetful, which caused us to pay double for our shuttle ride to the airport. That was a downer.

This is a huge and awesome party hostel. The staff here is excellent and very friendly. Everyone heads out in the evening therefore if you want a nice early evening that is also possible. Budapest is a big city so there isnt exactly a main city square but this hostel is still pretty close to the main cathedral and the train station. Its get plenty of places to eat, drink close by and supermarkets as well.

These are great people. Never expected to extend my stay in Budapest but this hostel will be the primary reason I will be returning in the near future. Was saying goodbye to a staff member on the last night at a bar at 4 am and mentioned that I wanted to buy a tee shirt with the hostel's logo on it and he said they were sold out, then he literally gave me the shirt off his back. Great people. Also never once locked up my belongings after the first day, felt very safe. Vitae is awesome.

Fables was the greatest check-in of all time. The entire staff is amazing. I have been traveling for 5 months and have never left a review on hostelworld, but this hostel is amazing with things to do 24/7 and deserves every good review it gets. Book if you get the chance

• 31st May 2015

Booked for 3 days, stayed for a week a half. Vitae is simply the best, hands down. Press that button and book. Promise, you won't regret it, as long as you meet Tej and his incredible wardrobe....and Fables, but watch out for his alter ego, Mr. Sparkles, in which case, make sure you have a raincoat. Miley, love that guy. And everyone else at vitae!

• 30th May 2015

BEWARE YOU MAY NEVER LEAVE. Being a Solo traveler it is places like Vitae that make you love ever second of life. The staff makes you feel welcomed from the second you walk through door. It is a beautiful thing to see human interact to help each other. Fables showed me an amazing time, Alcoholymoics Champs, Caramel Santi comic genius, Amber, Cosmo(great human), Meddler Good time, Cyclopes, Frame, Tej Jewma.. the list goes on. Thank you Vitae for giving me a great experience I will never forget.

• 30th May 2015

BEST HOSTEL EVER!!!!!!! This is the place to stay in Budapest! The staff is...AMAZING...a bunch of aussies people that simply like to enjoy life and make sure that your trip in Budapest will be your best trip ever! I've met so many nice people there ! Join every activities that are organized by this hostel they're all worth it! I would go back there tomorrow if I could!

Everything about this hostel is glorious. The staff are a group of ridiculously attractive men and women who take you out to the crazy nightlife of Budapest. These people have an insanely good taste in music as well. STAY HERE, you definitely won't regret it!

Best hostel in Budapest! Even though it's a party hostel you can get a good night sleep in very comfortable beds. Staff is incredible and the hostel is located close to everything you possibly might need. Temperature is high in Budapest right now so thank heaven for the amazing Air con and the relaxed balcony on the top floor. Highly recommend staying here since it can offer the perfect combination of day and night activities, while you're having the time of your life :)

I had an amazing time at this hostel. All of the staff were amazing and eager to help out. The nightly events that the hostel organises are always so much fun. I would definately stay there again...

• 28th May 2015

If you don't stay here you are a moron. It's a party hostel, but everyone has to be out in the evening by 8:30 for the residents so you can chill or start your night early and move on to their sister hostel to continue drinking. Best staff I've ever met, huge shout out to Frame and Cosmo. Legends, was very sad to be on a tight schedule and so be one of the only people to not extend my stay.

• 28th May 2015

It's heaven on earth. Love the staff, building, atmosphere, parties and everything!! I stayed for a week, if I wouldn't had to my next job... I would stay for ever !! Vitae Staff, I love you!

Can't fault the place. Booked 3 nights, stayed about a week.

Ceilings started leaking....and we weren't even on the top floor which meant it was plumbing. That was absolutely disgusting. Outside of that, it was fine. It's a party hostel and they definitely do great at partying, very good place to meet people.

• 24th May 2015

Vitae has got to be one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Everyone who stays there turns into one big family! The staff were super helpful and friendly. They make the effort to learn everyone's names which is incredible! There is a big focus on drinking and having a good time but because of the noise restrictions it's quiet after 8:30 so you can sleep if you choose to. Thanks so much for such an incredible time!! And and I'd highly recommend doing the boat party on Thursday night!

I got recommended this hostel by a friend and has proven to be the best recommendation ever. I was meant to stay here for a few days but was forced to extend my stay because it was so fantastic. The staff is very friendly and help you with anything, including giving you a complete overview of the city when you check in. Never a dull moment, but it is possible to sleep when you get back from a night out. Shoutout to Fables who was always friendly and contributed to an unforgettable trip.

• 24th May 2015

wifi wasn't great on the lower floors but otherwise no complaints

A great hostel with an awesome party atmosphere. Great for meeting people and partying. Could be a little bit cleaner but all in all it was a great experience!

Staff was really great, and the location was fantastic for exploring the city. Highly recommend the hostel as a place to meet young people who like to have a good time. I felt safe there, and my stuff felt safe too. The people made the place. Drawbacks- varying levels of bathroom cleanliness. large bloodstains on my comforter (clean, but the yuck factor is still there), and no outlet near my bed or in a personal place like a locker.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Poland

It's a fantastic hostel with brilliant and lovely staff! Full of fun and parties and you meet so many people! Jewma and Frame are total legends and made the stay an absolute pleasure! I know it will continue to thrive and I will definitely be going back!

• 21st May 2015