Carpe Noctem Vitae Reviews

Erzsebet korut 50, Budapest, Hungary

Incredible hostel, you are guaranteed to have an amazing time! Book extra nights since you won't want to leave. All the staff are awesome, both at helping out with things to do during the day and making every night so much fun! Shout out to Fables for making it a pretty unforgettable time.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Carpe noctem vitae is not a place you go to make friends, cliche as it sounds you will find family here instead. The ability to party, pass out in a quiet, comfy and clean place and then wake up fresh and ready to actually go see the city and do normal people activities makes you feel like you will never be able to leave this place. Travelers beware, Carpe Noctem Vitae is not something to be taken lightly Love you all, Cheers Tinks for making me come here, this place is alright

Definitely more cleaner and calmer than retox. Be prepared for a wonderful time in Budapest!

10000% THE BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. The staff are the most fantastic people you'll ever meet (hitch, clover, fables, cyclops, tables, frame and meddler and most importantly spaghetti-batman) I legitimately never wanted to leave. Best combination of partying and a friendly family like atmosphere. But they also have a great security system, activities for day and night and are endlessly helpful. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL ENOUGH :)

• 1st Jan 2015

Amazing Hostel. The one they call tables is amazing! Helped me out with everything and is a super cool guy!

Best staff of any hostel I've ever been to by far. BUT, this feels like more of a frat house than a hostel in terms of atmosphere. If you want to party nonstop, you'll love it. Since I didn't want to drink or go out clubbing, I felt really uncomfortable here and didn't enjoy myself.

AWESOME HOSTEL, if you want to party and meet some of the coolest people you need to stay here. It sucks you in, book extra days so you can actually see Budapest. I have already referred a bunch of people to come to this hostel when they go to budapest! Wish I could have stayed longer but I will be back.

My experience at Carpe noctem vitae was amazing. When I checked in i already felt at home. I threw my bags down and caught up to the pub crawl and met up with the other residents. There is a nightly pregame before going to a plethora of bars and clubs in Budapest. If wish to stay in and rest you have that option too as there are mandatory quiet hours. Their most valuable staff member goes by the name of Fables. Rages by night, your go-to hospitality representative by day. Book this hostel NOW!!!

• 29th Dec 2014

The worst hostel I have ever stayed at. If you are an independent thinker and have a brain this place is not for you. If you want to get yelled at by staff and treated disrespectfully this place is not for you. If you want to see mouse running around and idiots who are drunk 24/7 and the excuse for them to yell at you is its a party hostel then this place is not for you. If you are not Australian, Canadian, English then this place is not for you. DO NOT GO HERE AT ALL.

Thanks guys - I had a great time :)))

• 27th Dec 2014

This was my third return visit to Vitae and it continues to surpass every other hostel I've visited throughout Europe. Carpe Noctem Vitae is a party hostel that doubles as a cozy home for your hungover mornings. Every staff member is knowledgable, friendly, and keen to go out have a legendary night with all of the guests. 10/10 would recommend

Second time I am at this place and I still feel like I haven't spent enough time in Budapest, if you ever come to Budapest, this is THE HOSTEL to stay, big shoutout to Aussie dave (manager) for making my stay wonderful! Rigel

• 21st Dec 2014

Great place! Fun staff!

Great party hostel. Not as rowdy as Retox but still fun in my opinion. Great and helpful staff made the Hungary experience an awesome one. Cheers!

Great hostel with the most amazing staff. Felt like home. The aquarium was an experience make sure you ask about it and a man named Frame. Can recommend. Murph, Tables, Ghillie, Australian David, C-belt, Cyclops, Clover, Meddler, Pepper, DJ and Fables were a top crew. Also my bad Clover.

• 18th Dec 2014

This place is exactly like staying at your best friends house. As soon as you walk in the staff all go out of their way to introduce themselves and give you a half hour map reading of the area. Every night there is an amazing event on but no pressure if you don't feel like it. Everyone is so welcoming but they are also massive party people. The staff don't sit behind the desk, they all hang out with the travellers, finding ways to make their stay the best it can be. Loved every second of it.

I had a wonderful stay. The staff is really friendly and makes you feel welcome. They're always available to answer questions or give you ideas on how to advance your holiday. There's a party atmosphere, but there's enforced quiet hours after 10, so sleeping isn't an issue. It's in a great location - within walking distance to a lot of attractions. Clean, safe, easy registration. 10/10 would stay again!

• 15th Dec 2014

Great hostel! The staff are possibly the best of any hostel I've been to. They recommend stuff for you to do during the day and there's planned nights out every night so there's always stuff to do. I came back to Budapest twice on my trip because I knew I would have a great time here. Such a family feel, perfect if you're traveling alone!

• 14th Dec 2014

The nicest hostel of 4 budapest party hostels. Staff are cool, but a bit distant. Atmosphere is nice. Place is not the cleanest compared to chain hostels. A lot of hostel planned activities. Perfect for partying and chilling at the same time. You will meet a lot of young Australians and young Americans who are cliquey

Just the best place to stay and meet a great bunch of people to have fun with. The staff are awesome and help you with all your touristy needs. Then comes the nights... a different party every night, guaranteed fun and hangover. Nice and warm in Winter and you're always welcome to cook food, watch movies and chill if you feel you might just need one night off from the craziness that make Vitae the great place that it is. So if you like meeting cool people, drinking and having fun, stay here!