Casa Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 # 12B - 31, Bogota, Colombia

Really lovely hostel with a homey feel. Breakfast was good and made fresh! The location of the hostel was great; very easy to walk to all the major attractions in the old town. Wifi was really good. This hostel was so lovely. When we had to leave it was raining and while we were waiting for a cab they gave us umbrellas and walked us to the main street to help us find one. Would recommend this place.

Very helpful staff!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Great location

We loved it soooooi much!!!! Thats a awsome hostel and a familiy!! They helped us with everything we needed. The atmosphere was the best! We met a lot pf great people there. Thanks!

Great people, with a friendly, social atmosphere. It isn't exceptionally luxurious but is great value and more than adequate.

I enjoyed my stay at Casa Bellavista. As the owners live here there is a homey vibe, which includes no limit on noise and the facilities used by everyone, including the family, which may not work for everyone. The Wi-Fi is lightning fast and the beds are comfy, although the dorm on the first floor can hear everything coming through the roof. I found the location to be good, with a only a 10 minute walk to the main plaza. Although only here for one night, I would recommend this place to others.

Is a good hostel in a pretty good location. The staff - a family who live below the hostel - are lovely and make you feel very comfortable. They are also very accommodating!

Lovely hostel, in a really cool area. Bit of noise but nothing too bad. Lovely owners. The free breakfast is really good.

Wonderful hostel. In a great location and very clean. Good atmosphere. Only fault is that walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the next room.

Nice hostel, really friendly atmosphere in a good area of la candelaria. Good place to meet new people

Clean hostel in central backpackers district. Very friendly and security conscious staff/family. It's in a lively walkway which has a lot of bars/clubs which can be very noisey at the weekends when I stayed. The communal area is outside the rooms & dorms which when a group come back and start talking wakes everyone up. As previous reviews say the family make no attempt to keep people quiet or have some rules like other hostels manage to do.

Great hostel. was nice clean, and great location. The family was really nice.

Really nice staff, but they speak only a little bit english. Great location and one of the most clean place i have been in.

Nice quiet hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Confortable beds.

Good hostel, met some great people here! Would recommend it.

Casa Bellavista is in a great location in the La Candaleria district of Bogota. One thing to know is that it is down a narrow lane that cars can't drive through. It is a family run hostel. Only the daughter (I can't remember her name) has a good bit of english, the rest only have a little. The hostel itself is clean and quiet, its not a party hostel. It is very colonial and the walls are not meant to be soundproof and they are not by any means so bring ear plugs.

Great hostel run by a lovely family that make you feel really at home and will do anything to help. I'ts not too big, not too small and there's a great atmosphere. I'd definitely go back.

The main socializing area is right outside one of the dorms, and the walls don't even go all the way up, that is to say it's just a glorified flimsy partition. So when people are drinking and talking and laughing, lying in bed (even with earplugs) in the dorm you feel like you're lying on the coffee table in the middle of their conversations. SO loud. impossible to sleep until after the crowds have dispersed for the night, and staff did nothing to keep it quiet when it got late.

Great location right off a lovely plaza for going out in the evening and right in the heart of the Candelaria area. It was a bit odd as we had booked a private room for the two of us and were given a whole 6 person dorm to ourselves! The family who run the place were very nice and helpful.

LOVED this hostel! Was the final place I stayed in my 4months around South America and was definitely one of the best places I stayed. The people were so warm and welcoming, I felt like one of the family here. Great breakfast, comfy beds, hot water, lots of help with tours and good wifi, what else do you need! This isn't the place to go of you want to go to bed at 9pm as noise travels easily but it's the best if you want to meet great people and really enjoy all that bogota has to offer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3