Casa Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 # 12B - 31, Bogota, Colombia

This was the perfect place to stay to round out my 3 months traveling around South America. I had heard this place was friendly and social enough, without being a party hostel, and this was the case. The family is incredible - most helpful and friendly. The hostel is smaller and more intimate, ensuring interaction amongst guests, and the beds and rooms are extremely comfortable. Located in the heart of Candelaria, it's a short walk to the action and to main Bogota transportation. Excellent.

Great place to stay in bogota! For me it was perfect. Relaxt. If you are looking for a party place where people stay up late to party or have a drink in the hostel this is not the place to go.

Great staff! So helpful and sweet!

I didn't like Bogota but I loved this hostel. The Colombian family who runs it are the nicest people ever and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. Awesome common areas where it's easy to congregate and meet other guests. A *real* breakfast is included. Only downside is that the walls are extremely thin, you can hear every sound from the rooms adjacent to you, but that didn't cause huge problems for me (bring earplugs if you think it will).

Had a great time here, the staff were great and always went out of there way to help me. Made great suggestions on places to go around Bogota. Would definitely stay here again.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Wales

I loved it!! Would highly recommend it.

A very friendly and caring family run this hostel. We were very happy staying here. The hosts arranged a pick up from the airport and came personally to collect us. The breakfast each morning was the best we've had on our trip this summer. The family were extremely helpful in helping us plan trips each day. No better place to stay in Bogota!

• 24th Jul 2014

Casa Bellavista is a magnificent place to stay. I was there for 6 nights. The owners are warm and generous with their time, and have an adorable german shepard. The beds are comfortable, and though the walls are thin, the other guests were considerate and I was never awakened during the night. The hostel is in the heart of la Candelaria, as close as could be to food, drink, and good times. Be sure to ask about hiking Monteserrate if you are an early bird, and hit the fruit market up the hill.

• 12th Jul 2014

Staff were very kind and helpful I will return :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

really friendly and helpfull staff, nice place ,location and atmosphere! I would recommand to stay there!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Nice little family run hostel. All the staff were great and really helpful with maps, advice and breakfast!

Great atmosphere, nice breakfasts, very helpful staff. There's a lot going on at night around the hostel, particularly at weekends. Cool area

Such a lovely atmosphere, had a great time. Keep up the good work. Breakfast is a little small but apart from that don't change a thing. Thank you very much, all the best

• 6th Jun 2014

Friendly family run hostel. Good location an a nice atmosphere from the bars and shops around.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Wales

This family run hostel in la candelaria was fantastic. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a memorable stay. Breakfast was great. Excellent location. The floorboards are a little creaky and may keep you up at night but everything else was great!

great, friendly hostel.

Awesome ambience, very helpfull

This is just my kind of hostel, nice, small and cozy with a really great welcoming atmosphere the staff here is amazing, they just made you feel at home right away. Really easy to meet new travellers, and the breakfast is great (eggs) and coffee as much as you want. Internet worked pretty great, the only negative i can say is that the bathrooms were nothing amazing, but the water is hot, which is all that matters!

• 26th May 2014

Have enjoyed my time here. Lovely family run hostel with a great atmosphere. Have extended my stay in Bogota for a week and will continue to stay here.

Muchas Gracias Mama and Papa had a great stay with these amazing people and breakfast was sensational.. Sorry for waking you up early every morning Mama ;)