Casa Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Carrera 2 # 12B - 31, Bogota, Colombia

Casa Bellavista is a small hostel in the Candelaria area of Bogota. It is run by a very nice family who make sure all your needs are met while you are there. The atmosphere while I was there was great and we went in groups on tours, to dinner and to party. Great time at Casa Bellevista, booked for 3 nights and stayed for 4, would have stayed longer but they were booked.

Well-located right in the middle of La Candelaria, this hostel is exceptional for the wonderful family that runs it, and for the easy, laid-back, fun atmosphere. If you get the chance, stay here!

Great hostel with the friendliest staff. They will actually walk you to where you asked directions for. Candelaria is a really cool area of Bogota. Lots of great cheap food nearby. Lots of cafes and panaderias as well. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is great and delicious. Really cool sunroom / hangout area.

Loved staying at this hostel! The family that runs it is absolutely wonderful. The breakfasts are great. It definitely felt like a home away from home. My friend and I stayed here twice we liked it so much. Thank you Casa Bellavista!

• 19th Aug 2014

Such a lovely family run place. Very fun and easy to meet travellers. Great breakfast and plenty of activities organised here

This was the perfect place to stay to round out my 3 months traveling around South America. I had heard this place was friendly and social enough, without being a party hostel, and this was the case. The family is incredible - most helpful and friendly. The hostel is smaller and more intimate, ensuring interaction amongst guests, and the beds and rooms are extremely comfortable. Located in the heart of Candelaria, it's a short walk to the action and to main Bogota transportation. Excellent.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the family that runs this hostel. They are warm and caring. The facilities were great and the beds were very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

Great place to stay in bogota! For me it was perfect. Relaxt. If you are looking for a party place where people stay up late to party or have a drink in the hostel this is not the place to go.

Great staff! So helpful and sweet!

I didn't like Bogota but I loved this hostel. The Colombian family who runs it are the nicest people ever and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. Awesome common areas where it's easy to congregate and meet other guests. A *real* breakfast is included. Only downside is that the walls are extremely thin, you can hear every sound from the rooms adjacent to you, but that didn't cause huge problems for me (bring earplugs if you think it will).

Had a great time here, the staff were great and always went out of there way to help me. Made great suggestions on places to go around Bogota. Would definitely stay here again.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Wales

I loved it!! Would highly recommend it.

A very friendly and caring family run this hostel. We were very happy staying here. The hosts arranged a pick up from the airport and came personally to collect us. The breakfast each morning was the best we've had on our trip this summer. The family were extremely helpful in helping us plan trips each day. No better place to stay in Bogota!

• 24th Jul 2014

Casa Bellavista is a magnificent place to stay. I was there for 6 nights. The owners are warm and generous with their time, and have an adorable german shepard. The beds are comfortable, and though the walls are thin, the other guests were considerate and I was never awakened during the night. The hostel is in the heart of la Candelaria, as close as could be to food, drink, and good times. Be sure to ask about hiking Monteserrate if you are an early bird, and hit the fruit market up the hill.

• 12th Jul 2014

Staff were very kind and helpful I will return :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

really friendly and helpfull staff, nice place ,location and atmosphere! I would recommand to stay there!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Nice little family run hostel. All the staff were great and really helpful with maps, advice and breakfast!

Great atmosphere, nice breakfasts, very helpful staff. There's a lot going on at night around the hostel, particularly at weekends. Cool area

Such a lovely atmosphere, had a great time. Keep up the good work. Breakfast is a little small but apart from that don't change a thing. Thank you very much, all the best

• 6th Jun 2014

Friendly family run hostel. Good location an a nice atmosphere from the bars and shops around.

• 3rd Jun 2014