Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

This is a beautiful hostel. My room was incredibly clean, private and having a bathroom was a huge plus. This was by far the best 4 person room I've stayed in. The vibe is a little corporate, as there is a large staff and they have a restaurant on the ground floor. Also, it's not very conducive to meeting new people, as there are more families and single rooms than other places I've been. Overall, though this is a great place to stay.

This was an amazing hostel which in many ways was more like a hotel! The staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough to help, and the atmosphere was excellent due to the variety of communal areas inside and out. It was super clean and the kitchen facility was an added bonus. The location was superb, just around the corner from a number of cheap supermarkets and right on one of the main shopping streets- we would definitely recommend this hostel to ANYONE visiting Barcelona!

Great hostel! Lots to do in the hostel as well as around the hostel. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming everyday. They all spoke English as well as Spanish which made it super easy to communicate. The hostel itself is beautiful and located in a perfect spot. The shower in our room leaked which gave the room a constant bad smell as well as making the bathroom a mess everytime someone showered but that was the one and only downside. Great hostel!

The hostel was very nice, and they offered some fun perks like a free drink at the night club and free walking tours. Too bad we were too tired to use these. There was some suspicious rattling from inside our wall, but we didn't let it bother us.

Great location! Very nice staff and clean. Great walking tours and has a very nice bar.

This hostel is great. You really couldn't be in a better area. The Sagruda Familia is walking distance, both Gaudi homes are next door, there are great bars all around you, good food, and you'll always feel safe and be able to catch a taxi if you want to head to the beach or other areas away from the hostel. Must stay here.

great location! the staff was awesome. loved the restaurants downstairs - great tapas and prices. they have a guard downstairs at night and you have to use a key to enter which made me feel safe

• 8th Jul 2015

I was impressed by the hostel until a maid came in a day before my checkout date and cleaned up my area saying I was supposed to check out already. She was rude, futile and aggressive. This was extremely inappropriate in many ways. The error was on the hostel's behalf and I didn't even receive an apology. The maid shoved my belongings on top of a dresser and all items fell in the back and got dirty. I thought they were missing for a while. Also the construction during morning hours is not okay.

The hostel itself is very clean and the rooms and bathrooms were soacious. It was nice not to have bunk beds. However our check in was basically paying money and getting keys. We recieved no welcome tour or any information, for example about dinners that we found out on leaving that occur nightly, a bar, kitchen facilities or any activities that were occurring. This was very disappointing as activities and atmosphere really make or break a stay at a hostel and city.

Amazing place

• 24th Jun 2015

This is more of a hotel in which you simply share rooms than a hostel environment. A lot of families with kids but the facilities and location are amazing. Also breakfast is very good for being free and the walking tour was great.

Looks boutique-y on their website, but don't be fooled! Up to 400 people stay at a time, so reception can get very busy, but mostly they cope well. The staff are (almost all) lovely, friendly and helpful. The bathroom attached to the room is not perfect, as it lights up the whole dorm whenever anyone is in there at night. Our shower door wouldn't close properly, so our bathroom had a permanently wet floor. The lockers don't work unless your padlock has a thick arm, so be aware of this!

Cute hostel with a great terrace. Location was excellent, very close to the metro! The only thing I had a problem with was the staff, they weren't really helpful or clear.

We want to meet Smiling staff next time

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Loved this place! Would recommend it to anyone. Great roof terrace, beautiful rooms, JACUZZI BATH, perfect!

• 18th Jun 2015

Great place! Clean, well air conditioned, and great staff! They have a free walking tour of Barcelona every morning. They have great advice on what to do in the city while you are there. Great location!! More like a hotel than a hostel.

This hostel is the most amazing place I have ever stayed!! I have traveled a lot internationally, but this was my first time to Barcelona. Absolutely blown away by how great casa gracia was. Staff was incredibly friendly, room was very cute and very clean (nicer than most hotels I've stayed in in the US), the free breakfast was delicious, wifi was consistent and worked well. The terrace outside provided a great environment for interacting with other guests. Will 100% come back!!!!!!

• 12th Jun 2015

There is a bar crawl through the city that is advertised at the hostel as well as an awesome waking tour. The hostel is just like a hotel except you share your room. It is incredibly clean and the staff changes sheets and towels everyday. The hostel does A dinner and happy hour which are both super inexpensive. BEAUTIFUL hostel. Would definitely come back.

Really lovely room (we stayed in a double room facing Pg. de Gracia, no. 402), staff was friendly and efficient and atmosphere was great. My only slightly negative comment is: the bed, which was too 'spungy' (a real mattress would help a lot!) and the shower, which had a bad flow. Otherwise we loved our stay at Casa Gracia! Great place and I will surely reccommend your hostal to friends and family.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

This was a very fun hostel. There was live music every night and they had a bar which did €1 sangria at happy hour! The terrace was really beautiful and a lot of fun to chill out there at night. It's a really big hostel with a lot of families so meeting people is quite daunting if you're travelling alone however I met some of the best people there!! Every room has its own bathroom and the beds are so comfy. This is a really great hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3