Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

The rooms were ok, clean enough but needs little wall lights on each bed. We were six in a room, and if one of us came late at night while the others were sleeping it was hard to find your way and your stuff. a little lamp on top of each bed would help. Also a coat hanger would be useful. There was only one towel rack, and beds have no railings to use as a rack so it was quite difficult finding a place to hang wet towels to let them dry. But the stuff was great, kitchen was clean.

Thanks for such a lovely, well priced place to stay in Barcelona!

• 20th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel with friendly staff. The free nightly entertainment was a great idea. Our room had a vending machine right outside that woke us up with people using it in the early hours after a night out but other than that we really enjoyed our stay.

Overall amazing hostel with great facilities, staff and dining area - especially loved how there were performances every night! Only complaint is that I had the top bunk with a ladder that didn't quite fit properly so there was some fear of falling off while climbing it.

Great location, friendly staff, a great bang for your buck. You get a good breakfast buffet and the night time entertainment was a great way to cap the evening.

Everything is excellent. I will recommend friends traveling in Barcelona.

We were a group of 21-24 year olds travelling to Barcelona just for a weekend. We had a great stay at this hostel. The location is nice and the staff were amazing. We got to know one of the girls at the front desk very well and she recommended places to eat good Tapas which we tried all of them and loved. The breakfast was very big and the kitchen space was large. The rooms were a bit smaller than we thought but they were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again if I came back to Barcelona

Perfect location, I only wished they had lockers in the room

The best hostel for sure! Located in the main avenue of Barcelona. Just perfect!

Fabulous! Loved the location, easy metro access to all areas of the city. The hostel had an amazing in-house nightly entertainment schedule: live music, movies, well prices dinners and cheap happy hour! But also amazing kitchen facilities of you want to cook yourself. The included breakfast is amazing (def have the pan con tomate) and the staff and guests were all very friendly. Amazing value for Barcelona, I would def go back (despite the one minor little drawback- tiny showers!)

Loved this place, breakfast is AMAZING, staff is awesome, location is great... really, it worth if you decide to book here instead in the other ones very cheap in the same location, because this is very big, rooms are very good, bathroom in the rooms are awesome, there is terrace, restaurant, biiiiiiiig kitchen.... I think the best hostel i've ever stayed.

Massive hostel, and the facilities and experience are more akin to a hotel than a hostel. Free towels, great breakfast, live music for dinners, awesome environment. I was able to sleep by midnight both nights, but could have also continued partying. WiFi is weak to non existent in the bedrooms but strong everywhere else. Large size makes less intimate experience, however the staff and events do a good job to fix that. I liked this hostel the most over the 3 others I stayed at in barcelona.

There are tons of guests and its always alive and fun in the common area. I met an amazing group of friends here! The area Gracia is more upscale, so if you want to save money and grab a bite nearby it will be a bit troublesome. Dining area is huge and you have enough space to cook and gather with friends

We still can't believe how lucky we were to find this hostel in Barcelona. It has a great location, nice ambience, a parking discount (and parking anywhere in BCN is extremely expensive), great interior design with a lot of attention to detail (and everything was very new), a nice breakfast (better than in most hostels and many 3* hotels) which was free of charge, a concierge service, free guided tours, evening events (amazing free flamenco concert), great 8 eur dinner.. highly recommended!

Only wish they had laundry and a better elevator

• 5th Jan 2015

As a woman traveling alone, I was looking for a place that was both fun and safe - Casa Gracia definitely fit the bill! The location could not have been better. So many shops and restaurants in walking distance. I met great people in the common areas and we all had a fun at nearby bars. I reserved a private single room and it was great. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was fine and equipped with a decent hair dryer. I didn't have any issues with noise from other guests.

We were a group 3 in a private room for 4 nights. The room and the bathroom were verry clean, no noise in the night. Breakfast was verry well prepared by the stuff. The stuff is helpful and informt about aktivities in the city. Thanks casa cracia for your hositality and the band on the second christmas day. Harry

Despite the kitchen being advertised as a place where you can cook peacefully, it was full of kitchen staff cleaning and cooking. They were rude and made it clear we were not 'welcome' to be there. One member of staff threw our bread away twice even though clearly labelled, she did not apologise. The atmosphere wasn't homely and had no social scene. The room we had was dark and noisy and stank of bleach, the bedding wasn't changed once during our 8 night stay. For the price breakfast was meagre.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Hostel is cool and clean, but not the most exciting part of town. Also seems to be more of a family hostel than for younger travellers. A bit boring.

Out of any expectations, you visit the city for a couple of days, but in the hostel you want to stay...forever....

« first « Prev 1 2 3