Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

I had a good experience at the hostel, however I must register that the internet didn´t work all the time, when I asked the blond girl at the reception she said: "I´m sorry, the internet comes and goes all that time and there is nothing I can do for you". My locker, under the bed, was broken, so that makes impossible to lock it. Only 3 plugs for a dorm with 6 people. Only one main light for dorm. Positive points: very good mattresses, free towels, breakfast included and great location.

The staff was amazing. The hostel was elegant, and even with many guests it seemed very spacious. Lovely corner of Gracia, lovely location, and I would always go back to this hostel again.

The reason that I am commenting the security and staff as "poor" is the fact that the hostel is not a place for people like me, who like to travel, meet new people, sleep in the night and be fresh in the morning to see new sights of the city. In the 3 night I spent there the hostel was full with "kids", around 16-18 year, old, who were spending a schooltrip in the hostel. They were running, screaming, slamming with the doors

• 6th Apr 2014

Really good place, delicious breakfeast, really cosy lounge area! I had an amazing stay in there.

Large hostel in the Eixample, right on Passeig de Gracia, busy shopping street. Location was good, and common facilities are excellent. Kitchen is large and fully stocked. The included breakfast is better than most. For two of the four nights large school groups overran the the common areas and the 6 bed dorm with ensuite was pathetically small for 25 euros.

Better sound insulation would help as any noise in the corridor or from the stairs are heard in the rooms. Limiting groups staying to a maximum of 12 or 15 might also be appreciated by other guests.

One of the best hostels I stayed at during my travels. Location is great at just a quick walk from a central metro station. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They provided a great atmosphere, and the hostel itself is quite attractively laid out. The old fashioned elevator and decor was a plus as well. The rooms and facilities were also very clean and the dinners were amazing! I highly recommend this hostel.

One of my daughters and I loved it. My other daughter is very private and it was a more uncomfortable experience for her. This was mine and hers first hostel experience. While my oldest has done hostels frequently. The staff was excellent with the exception of one very "busy" one who didn't seem to "have time for " the guests. But other than that...it was truly a great experience and one I would be happy to repeat. The breakfast was very nice. I like they offered a dinner social too.

• 21st Mar 2014

The Hostel is beautiful but the check in took like forever. The breakfast is great, they even have cake ;)

Great stay in Barcelona. Very good and clean hostel with nice staff. They just forget to empty our wastebin.

Excellent hostel, the best I´ve ever been, clean, cool, perfect design and he best atmosphere. I was very sorprise with the location and how the staff communicate and help out the guests. Id like to invite everyone to make this experience to reach Barcelona in a perfect way!

This was my first hostel experience and i was pleasantly suprised! I really enjoyed my stay, the staff was helpful, and the food was excellent. It was ease to get everywhere i wanted to go, close to bus and metro! The only thing i didn't like was that the bathrooms didn't lock!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Great value for money when you book a bed in the shared room. I was lucky to be put in a 3-bed room. Room was clean although there was water leaking when we used the shower, even though we closed the door properly so that was annoying. Location is great as the metro is a short walk away and it's in a good area. Breakfast was super. I really enjoyed my stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Thank u

Great location and kind staff and nice breakfast. It's very nive hostel.

I really liked this hostel. It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was kind, attentive, and helpful. The breakfast was nice. The location was good as it is right off of Diagonal. I would stay here again if I wanted a nice peaceful stay away from more party oriented hostels like St. Christopher's. Oh and sign up for the dinners! They are delicious!

The airconditioner didn't work in the room.. But except that everything is good.

Passeig de gracia is a very busy and popular street, very close to the metro :) Our room had a balcony but the doors are chained so you can't actually stand on the balcony and really take in the view. Since the doors are quite old you can hear the noisy traffic even from the top floors and the walls are paper thin so same goes for your neighbours.The kitchen is modernised and extremely funky and the chill out rooms have huge bean bags and games. Overall happy with the hostel and the staff. :)

One of the best hostels I've been! The place is amazing, it definetely doesn't look at a Hostel at all, more like a petit hotel. The staff was very helpful and the food amazing (at breakfast as well as dinner), the kitchen was big enough and the common areas with plenty seats and places to stay. I recommend to do the free walking tour as well!

The best hostel I have ever stayed!!

• 23rd Jan 2014