Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

Beautiful place, very clean, lovely location. My only dislike of the whole stay was the staff. I really thought they made me feel like I was putting them out asking the smallest request, as if it wasn't their job or something! They were the least friendly hostel staff I have encountered and I have stayed in hostels all over Europe and the States. They didn't seem to communicate well with each other and so I had to re-explain my situation over and over to each staff member when I made a request

• 10th Sep 2014

would certainly return here, it was great being a slightly older traveler to see lots of young people running the place and enjoying life

• 7th Sep 2014

I would give it a higher score because location wise is good, place is very clean, but the staff is rude. The girls from the desk and concierge weren't very helpful in pretty basic stuff and rolled their eyes from my requests that were emergency for me, wifi doesn't even work so if you have bookings forget it, it's not bad but i wouldn't stay here again. Hard to meet people too, not much for solo travelers.

Everything was excellent and fantastic. Only one suggestion, you could add a pool room, if possible, then it would be over the top !

• 1st Sep 2014

The location is perfect. Hostel is very cool and relaxed, staff was incredibly helpful. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite (however a little construction is still happening so sometimes noisy) with a fantastic balcony. All the food nights at the hostel were delicious and affordable. Great stay.

• 27th Aug 2014

so we arrived there was a problem with the receptionists. were ignorant, we do not explain the differences in the rates we were paying and not honored the distribution room that was requested by email. But after the interference of friendly and cordial Gabriela, staff member, managed to stay in the same room. all facilities are amazing, the beds are great. the breakfast is very good and theme nights are a must. do not abuse the elevator that are very old and slowing overweight.

I had a very good stay in Casa Gracia. Good people, good rooms, good breakfast, excelent position.. I reccomend it and i will sure be there again!

• 19th Aug 2014

The Location is excellent, Gracia is one of the nicest quarters in Barcelona, Underground Station "Diagonal" is just 100 metres away. Wifi works well, even on the terrace. Breakfast is good, including ham and cheese. Coffee is free all day long. Concert was very good, thank you!

Casa Gracia definitely made my Barcelona trip amazing ! From the first night I landed, to the morning I left, I met a ton of great people who helped make great stories. The staff were hugely instrumental in crafting out a fun holiday. Its a big hostel, with plenty of craic. They were both helpful when we were in search of fun and equally helpful when I lost my phone. The room I had was on the top floor and very quiet and very private, highly recommended.

Stay was amazing!

• 14th Aug 2014

Great hostel, very good conditions and ambience! The events in the evenings are awesome, I saw a concert and a flamenco show and loved it! The rooms are very pleasant and clean, and the location very convenient. Things to improve would be: - Reception girls are not very friendly and don't speak spanish - Bathrooms should have a lock - Quality of dinners (claim to be "homecooked meal" but are not so good)

Perfect location, clean fresh and nice in old but newly renovated building. Nice welcoming staff and nice other guests. Nice terrace for bar and breakfast. Nice breakfast, but a bit crowded around the buffet.

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Amazing atmosphere, helpful staff, great location, activities planned for entertainment each night. We were upgraded rooms. The bathrooms and bedrooms were spotless. Definitely will recommend to everyone I know traveling to Barcelona!

• 7th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! (Not that it matters to me, but it actually felt more like a hotel than a hostel to me, which meant I passed on the hostel details to my hotel loving cousins when they were planning a trip to Barcelona!) I have stayed in many hostels and this has been one of my favourites yet :) Gorgeous hostel, great value for money, lovely staff, delicious breakfast...just perfect! I look forward to coming back to stay again :) I've already recommended it to all my friends!

• 20th Jul 2014

The staff was amazing, they were so helpful. They gave me a map and circled places to go see and local places to eat. The building was beautiful too. One of a kind. I did wish the beds were more private though. I would have preferred bunk beds with curtains than what they set up.

Very nice environment. Great location. Very clean. Good Breakfast. Everything was great, one of the best hostels I've been. The only 2 inconvenients, that was not a problem for me, but maybe a problem for people who are planing to stay there: Staff does not speak Spanish, only English, and Elevator can only fit 2 people. So, most of the times we needed to take stairs.

better wifi signal, improve the security (almost everyone can go to the hostel during night!)

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

When booking the hostel initially, I was very excited about staying there simply from reading numerous reviews which suggested Casa Gracia was a brilliant place to stay. The hostel surpassed all expectations I had of the place. It's location was excellent, the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, and the dorm which I stayed in was clean and very pleasant to stay in, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hostel to anyone travelling to Barcelona!

• 8th Jul 2014

Best hostel that we have stayed at. Would definately recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4