Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel itself is very clean and the rooms and bathrooms were soacious. It was nice not to have bunk beds. However our check in was basically paying money and getting keys. We recieved no welcome tour or any information, for example about dinners that we found out on leaving that occur nightly, a bar, kitchen facilities or any activities that were occurring. This was very disappointing as activities and atmosphere really make or break a stay at a hostel and city.

• 28th Jun 2015

Cute hostel with a great terrace. Location was excellent, very close to the metro! The only thing I had a problem with was the staff, they weren't really helpful or clear.

We want to meet Smiling staff next time

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Loved this place! Would recommend it to anyone. Great roof terrace, beautiful rooms, JACUZZI BATH, perfect!

• 18th Jun 2015

Great place! Clean, well air conditioned, and great staff! They have a free walking tour of Barcelona every morning. They have great advice on what to do in the city while you are there. Great location!! More like a hotel than a hostel.

This hostel is the most amazing place I have ever stayed!! I have traveled a lot internationally, but this was my first time to Barcelona. Absolutely blown away by how great casa gracia was. Staff was incredibly friendly, room was very cute and very clean (nicer than most hotels I've stayed in in the US), the free breakfast was delicious, wifi was consistent and worked well. The terrace outside provided a great environment for interacting with other guests. Will 100% come back!!!!!!

• 12th Jun 2015

There is a bar crawl through the city that is advertised at the hostel as well as an awesome waking tour. The hostel is just like a hotel except you share your room. It is incredibly clean and the staff changes sheets and towels everyday. The hostel does A dinner and happy hour which are both super inexpensive. BEAUTIFUL hostel. Would definitely come back.

Really lovely room (we stayed in a double room facing Pg. de Gracia, no. 402), staff was friendly and efficient and atmosphere was great. My only slightly negative comment is: the bed, which was too 'spungy' (a real mattress would help a lot!) and the shower, which had a bad flow. Otherwise we loved our stay at Casa Gracia! Great place and I will surely reccommend your hostal to friends and family.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

This was a very fun hostel. There was live music every night and they had a bar which did €1 sangria at happy hour! The terrace was really beautiful and a lot of fun to chill out there at night. It's a really big hostel with a lot of families so meeting people is quite daunting if you're travelling alone however I met some of the best people there!! Every room has its own bathroom and the beds are so comfy. This is a really great hostel!

While backpacking Europe for a month and a half, our stay at Casa Gracia was definitely one of our best stays of the trip. Extremely clean with great facilities, our room had one of the nicest showers of any hostel we visited. The staff was very friendly, and most importantly, the location was fantastic, being right on one of the main, beautiful shopping streets in the city, albeit on the end farthest from the water...however, there was a metro stop right outside the hostel. Highly recommend.

The hostel is really cozy and the staff is friendly and helpful. Special mention to Saida! :) They have really cool activities every night and I enjoyed the Flamenco night.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very clean and a good location close to the metro stop. The decoration on the inside was really nice and they offered a lot of events. The only downside was the construction going on during the day, could hear some banging going on around 9:45am and past then, nothing going on earlier though.

feel pretty much at home and welcomed. a really nice place to stay, and got impressed by the evening activities and other services.

Excellent. It just missed to have lockers!

The location of the hostel is excellent. It's right next to the metro, and it is not far to walk down to la rambla either. I stayed there for four days in the middle of the week so it was really quiet at night. The only slight problem I had with the hostel was that the bathroom was inside the room which meant that you would often wake up at night if someone was using the bathroom. But they also have bathrooms and showers in the common areas so this wasn't a big problem. The staff was really nice

• 25th May 2015
  • Norway

Wow! Best "hostel" I have ever stayed at. Clean, modern rooms, an amazing kitchen with free spices, a perfect location, friendly staff, live music every night, cheap drinks at the bar, a good breakfast included, and coffee machines that make tons of drinks for free all day. The staff is super helpful and nice too. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. I don't know what the dorms were like, but the private room was fantastic with a super comfortable bed too.

• 25th May 2015

A large and lively hostel with a stylish interior and daily activities. It seems to attract many groups of various ages, making it not the best place for individual travellers. In addition, the rooms are clean yet the ones facing the street are very noisy. The fantastic location definitely deserves to be mentioned. Overall, I think the Casa Gracia Hostel offers a good value for money.

This wa my first stay in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a private room that was bigger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in. The only complaints I had were that people let the doors slam at all hours of the day and night, and my bathroom acquired an unpleasant smell. It didn't really get bad until my last night. I mentioned it to the staff and they said they'd check on it.

• 19th May 2015

Great location, good breakfast (included in price), clean and friendly staff. Downside was that other guests or someone in immediate vicinity could be noisey late at night/early hours of the morning and that rooms main natural light was via ventilation shaft in middle of building (but good communal area gets round this). Overall recommended.

I would be nice if their could be some more supervision on schoolgroups on the bedroomfloors. When we stayed there, there were some noisy children who kept us awake until 4am.. night after night. (Bouncing balls. Shouting)

• 11th May 2015