Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel is really cozy and the staff is friendly and helpful. Special mention to Saida! :) They have really cool activities every night and I enjoyed the Flamenco night.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very clean and a good location close to the metro stop. The decoration on the inside was really nice and they offered a lot of events. The only downside was the construction going on during the day, could hear some banging going on around 9:45am and past then, nothing going on earlier though.

feel pretty much at home and welcomed. a really nice place to stay, and got impressed by the evening activities and other services.

Excellent. It just missed to have lockers!

The location of the hostel is excellent. It's right next to the metro, and it is not far to walk down to la rambla either. I stayed there for four days in the middle of the week so it was really quiet at night. The only slight problem I had with the hostel was that the bathroom was inside the room which meant that you would often wake up at night if someone was using the bathroom. But they also have bathrooms and showers in the common areas so this wasn't a big problem. The staff was really nice

• 25th May 2015
  • Norway

Wow! Best "hostel" I have ever stayed at. Clean, modern rooms, an amazing kitchen with free spices, a perfect location, friendly staff, live music every night, cheap drinks at the bar, a good breakfast included, and coffee machines that make tons of drinks for free all day. The staff is super helpful and nice too. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. I don't know what the dorms were like, but the private room was fantastic with a super comfortable bed too.

• 25th May 2015

A large and lively hostel with a stylish interior and daily activities. It seems to attract many groups of various ages, making it not the best place for individual travellers. In addition, the rooms are clean yet the ones facing the street are very noisy. The fantastic location definitely deserves to be mentioned. Overall, I think the Casa Gracia Hostel offers a good value for money.

This wa my first stay in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a private room that was bigger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in. The only complaints I had were that people let the doors slam at all hours of the day and night, and my bathroom acquired an unpleasant smell. It didn't really get bad until my last night. I mentioned it to the staff and they said they'd check on it.

• 19th May 2015

Great location, good breakfast (included in price), clean and friendly staff. Downside was that other guests or someone in immediate vicinity could be noisey late at night/early hours of the morning and that rooms main natural light was via ventilation shaft in middle of building (but good communal area gets round this). Overall recommended.

I would be nice if their could be some more supervision on schoolgroups on the bedroomfloors. When we stayed there, there were some noisy children who kept us awake until 4am.. night after night. (Bouncing balls. Shouting)

• 11th May 2015
  • Belgium

Really nice hostel. You won't be dissapointed. Close to metro and bus stops. Very limited kitchen facilities. Great location. Try it, you will like it...

There was a bit of a late night party on my floor, as isn't necessarily to be unexpected at a hostel of that size. Nobody likes to confront raucous drunks in the wee hours of the morning so, as a solution, I would proffer that staff consider doing regular floor sweeps during the quiet hours. Nothing super involved; just a quick loop around each floor. It could double as an hourly break from sitting at the desk to move around a little bit. Also, you should bring the pub crawls back.

The overall appearance of the hostel is quite nice, but a lot of things are not running very smoothly. We were told the wrong price for a taxi to the airport, our keycards stopped working in the middle of the night and instead of a 6 bed room we were given a room with 4 beds an a sleeping couch. The location is quite good, but that and the nice interior design can't compensate the poor service.

• 19th Apr 2015

Excellent location, amazing breakfast, some staff where more helpful than others but over all pretty friendly. The room was clean but all their sheets must be pretty old or their washing machines don't work as they were all stained. If you are looking for a restful night after long days out and about not, sure if this is the place for you. Found people had very little respect for others at night. Most nights, if not all the nights I stayed here were pretty noisy.

It is a really beautiful hostel in the city centre of Barcelona. The staff is very kind and lots of activities. It was also clean. The only huge disadvantage is the noise. I hardly slept the two nights. You hear everyone in the rooms next to you and also people in the common rooms with every night activities (live music and so) and people checking in and out the whole time. There is no curview, so the whole night and early morning there is lots of noise.

Stay here! I really enjoyed my stay at Casa Gracia. It was clean, nicely decorated and in a great neighborhood. Blocks away from so many main attractions and still in gracia which is a great area. I couldn't be more pleased with the room. My friends and I stayed in the Apartments and had a great little balcony. There was some construction on our last day that we were not warned about which was very annoying. Overall it was a great experience and I was recommend this place 100%

Really good and clean hostel. If I had a chance to go Barcelona, I would like to stay in this hostel again.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Japan

We had the most amazing time there! Staff was really friendly and even helped us out with our further travels and train reservations. Never been to a hostel this clean and comfy!! They have the cosiest blankets ever, I wish I'd have a bed like that at home!

The rooms were ok, clean enough but needs little wall lights on each bed. We were six in a room, and if one of us came late at night while the others were sleeping it was hard to find your way and your stuff. a little lamp on top of each bed would help. Also a coat hanger would be useful. There was only one towel rack, and beds have no railings to use as a rack so it was quite difficult finding a place to hang wet towels to let them dry. But the stuff was great, kitchen was clean.

Best hostel ever! Definitely i will come back. Everything was great, the staff kind, helpful, the location, EVERYTHING. An amazing experience. I love Casa Gracia.

• 20th Feb 2015