Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed 3 nights at the Casa Gracia hostel. The location is great, only 10 mins walk from Sagrada Familia and Placa Catalunya, giving you access to all parts of the city. The hostel has a great atmosphere, particularly the lounge and dining room, which are great places to relax and talk to other people. The in-hostel food and entertainment nights are great as well, I had the paella and watched the flamenco one night, two spanish must-dos ticked off my list!

Excellent service (especially the concierge), beautifully decorated hostel.

• 19th May 2014

I came in person to Casa Gracia on May 5 at 12 noon, to cancel this reservation. The lady at the reception desk, Martina, asked the manager in charge, who accepted my cancellation. When I asked Martina for the cancellation number, she said it is not necessary and that she will send me an email. the email never came, and on May 19, I was charged a no show fee on 140 USD on my credit card account .i have written to protest and to request a refund. I have not heard from CasaGracia. PleasehelpThu

The staff is friendly, but there are only a few staff members there at a time ao asking questions can mean a wait, but they are very helpful. Location is 2 blocks from casa mia and 1 from the metro. It doesn't look like a hostel, but you get the friendly atmosphere and they have plenty to do. They even have walking tours and cheap pub crawls that were outstanding. A hostel!

• 11th May 2014

Excellent location. Beds were clean. The hostel is a lot larger than what appeared from the pictures. Would have no issues staying here again.

• 7th May 2014

We stayed in a private room for 2 nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was LOVELY and clean. Very nice to sleep in. The breakfast was the BEST breakfast I have had in a hostel to date, and ive stayed in alot of hostels. Would recommend to others.

I have been travelling on and off for over ten years now, and this is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Highly recommended!

• 6th May 2014

Perfect place to stay, the breakfast is perfect. Thank you very much!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Costa Rica

Good atmosphere. Average location, close to a metro, also near the hop on hop off bus stop. Nice rooms. No lock on bathrooms though. Brekky is pretty good! Met a lot of cool people here.

The staff is wonderful, and the rooms are cleaned every day. The complimentary breakfast is simple but filling. I would not, however, pay for the dinner, as you can get much better food elsewhere for less at the local restaurants. I rate the atmosphere a little lower than it probably deserves because they ended up closing a lot of my preferred common areas due to construction (which sadly, kept waking me up at 8 AM), leaving only the noisy lunch area and the reception room open for guests.

The dormitories are quite small but the main problem is that they do not have a bar during the night

Hostel Casa Gracia is fantastic! Nice breakfast, big rooms, new facilities, relax rooms and a coffe for free 24/7. Only the drink distributor didn't work on my floor. I had to drink tap water while I am not used to it. Also, the shower/bathrooms are new, though not good enough maitained. I stayed for 2 nights and in the day in between no one came to clean the floor (it was needed since people don't mind and walk inside with their dirty shoes). So clean the showers, let it stay new and nice!

I loved the communal areas. They were great & go above & beyond any other hostel I've stayed in. Beautifully designed & felt like home. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm was & really disappointed. I'm female & was in a room with two male strangers, which was no issue, I knew that it was a chance. But the 'private' bathroom with a glass front is not private at all when the bedroom is dark & the light is on in the bathroom. I felt incredibly uncomfortable & used the one in reception which was annoying.

I had a good experience at the hostel, however I must register that the internet didn´t work all the time, when I asked the blond girl at the reception she said: "I´m sorry, the internet comes and goes all that time and there is nothing I can do for you". My locker, under the bed, was broken, so that makes impossible to lock it. Only 3 plugs for a dorm with 6 people. Only one main light for dorm. Positive points: very good mattresses, free towels, breakfast included and great location.

The staff was amazing. The hostel was elegant, and even with many guests it seemed very spacious. Lovely corner of Gracia, lovely location, and I would always go back to this hostel again.

The reason that I am commenting the security and staff as "poor" is the fact that the hostel is not a place for people like me, who like to travel, meet new people, sleep in the night and be fresh in the morning to see new sights of the city. In the 3 night I spent there the hostel was full with "kids", around 16-18 year, old, who were spending a schooltrip in the hostel. They were running, screaming, slamming with the doors

• 6th Apr 2014

Really good place, delicious breakfeast, really cosy lounge area! I had an amazing stay in there.

Large hostel in the Eixample, right on Passeig de Gracia, busy shopping street. Location was good, and common facilities are excellent. Kitchen is large and fully stocked. The included breakfast is better than most. For two of the four nights large school groups overran the the common areas and the 6 bed dorm with ensuite was pathetically small for 25 euros.

Better sound insulation would help as any noise in the corridor or from the stairs are heard in the rooms. Limiting groups staying to a maximum of 12 or 15 might also be appreciated by other guests.

Fantastic hostel! Like staying in a fancy elegant apartment with crystal lamps and leather armchairs in common lounge areas, where they also have computers. Excellent breakfast. Modern renovated bathroom. Very safe and clean area. Nice place to meet other travellers. Excellent value for money! It is far from the beach, but unless you plan to go to the beach everyday, this is a perfect place to stay! Real bed, no bunk bed in my room (for 6 people). 24 hour reception and no fees for arrival late.