Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Reviews

Pg. de Gracia, 116, 1, Barcelona, Spain

The dormitories are quite small but the main problem is that they do not have a bar during the night

Hostel Casa Gracia is fantastic! Nice breakfast, big rooms, new facilities, relax rooms and a coffe for free 24/7. Only the drink distributor didn't work on my floor. I had to drink tap water while I am not used to it. Also, the shower/bathrooms are new, though not good enough maitained. I stayed for 2 nights and in the day in between no one came to clean the floor (it was needed since people don't mind and walk inside with their dirty shoes). So clean the showers, let it stay new and nice!

I loved the communal areas. They were great & go above & beyond any other hostel I've stayed in. Beautifully designed & felt like home. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm was & really disappointed. I'm female & was in a room with two male strangers, which was no issue, I knew that it was a chance. But the 'private' bathroom with a glass front is not private at all when the bedroom is dark & the light is on in the bathroom. I felt incredibly uncomfortable & used the one in reception which was annoying.

I had a good experience at the hostel, however I must register that the internet didn´t work all the time, when I asked the blond girl at the reception she said: "I´m sorry, the internet comes and goes all that time and there is nothing I can do for you". My locker, under the bed, was broken, so that makes impossible to lock it. Only 3 plugs for a dorm with 6 people. Only one main light for dorm. Positive points: very good mattresses, free towels, breakfast included and great location.

The staff was amazing. The hostel was elegant, and even with many guests it seemed very spacious. Lovely corner of Gracia, lovely location, and I would always go back to this hostel again.

The reason that I am commenting the security and staff as "poor" is the fact that the hostel is not a place for people like me, who like to travel, meet new people, sleep in the night and be fresh in the morning to see new sights of the city. In the 3 night I spent there the hostel was full with "kids", around 16-18 year, old, who were spending a schooltrip in the hostel. They were running, screaming, slamming with the doors

• 6th Apr 2014

Really good place, delicious breakfeast, really cosy lounge area! I had an amazing stay in there.

Large hostel in the Eixample, right on Passeig de Gracia, busy shopping street. Location was good, and common facilities are excellent. Kitchen is large and fully stocked. The included breakfast is better than most. For two of the four nights large school groups overran the the common areas and the 6 bed dorm with ensuite was pathetically small for 25 euros.

Better sound insulation would help as any noise in the corridor or from the stairs are heard in the rooms. Limiting groups staying to a maximum of 12 or 15 might also be appreciated by other guests.

Fantastic hostel! Like staying in a fancy elegant apartment with crystal lamps and leather armchairs in common lounge areas, where they also have computers. Excellent breakfast. Modern renovated bathroom. Very safe and clean area. Nice place to meet other travellers. Excellent value for money! It is far from the beach, but unless you plan to go to the beach everyday, this is a perfect place to stay! Real bed, no bunk bed in my room (for 6 people). 24 hour reception and no fees for arrival late.

One of the best hostels I stayed at during my travels. Location is great at just a quick walk from a central metro station. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They provided a great atmosphere, and the hostel itself is quite attractively laid out. The old fashioned elevator and decor was a plus as well. The rooms and facilities were also very clean and the dinners were amazing! I highly recommend this hostel.

One of my daughters and I loved it. My other daughter is very private and it was a more uncomfortable experience for her. This was mine and hers first hostel experience. While my oldest has done hostels frequently. The staff was excellent with the exception of one very "busy" one who didn't seem to "have time for " the guests. But other than that...it was truly a great experience and one I would be happy to repeat. The breakfast was very nice. I like they offered a dinner social too.

• 21st Mar 2014

The Hostel is beautiful but the check in took like forever. The breakfast is great, they even have cake ;)

Great stay in Barcelona. Very good and clean hostel with nice staff. They just forget to empty our wastebin.

Excellent hostel, the best I´ve ever been, clean, cool, perfect design and he best atmosphere. I was very sorprise with the location and how the staff communicate and help out the guests. Id like to invite everyone to make this experience to reach Barcelona in a perfect way!

This was my first hostel experience and i was pleasantly suprised! I really enjoyed my stay, the staff was helpful, and the food was excellent. It was ease to get everywhere i wanted to go, close to bus and metro! The only thing i didn't like was that the bathrooms didn't lock!

1 2 3 Next » last »