Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

We stayed 2 nights and it was really nice! The location is perfect and the room was good too. I would defenetely come again to this place! :)

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Castanea is a lovely, well mannered hostel. It would be perfect if it offered breakfast, but you can't have everything!

Very nice hostel situated in the heart of Stockholm`s old town Gamla Stan. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

Everything you need. Nice bed, showers, kitchen, common area. Nice place if you want to stay in a touristy area for cheap

• 27th May 2015

Great hostel in the central heart of Stockholm with good vibe. The workers are very helpful !

all was fine. The only thing is, that the quietness in a 16-bed-dorm is poor - but that's no surprise at all - and I am an very old senior ... Thats the only think why I would say it was not so very good. But next time I tr to book earlier an try to get a smaller room - that's all. So no real complain!

• 26th May 2015

I enjoyed a most pleasant visit; it is an elegant property and I would certainly stay there again.

Very good hostel !

Glad you think so! Welcome back whenever you are in Stockholm!

awesome location and the staff is very helpful

Loved it. Super location, lovely staff and clean!!! Will stay again!

Thank you for staying here and for your positivity! Hope you come back!

I really liked our stay at Castanea which is very well situated in Gamla Stan and has very clean facilities, no matter how many people stayed, which is remarkable. The only negative point would be the kitchen door and the toilet/shower door near the rooms 11 and 12, they are not closing quietly as others doors and if one doesn't hold the door back, it slams closed. This happended every time someone used the kitchen or this bathroom the whole night long and keeps you awake for a long time.

• 15th May 2015
  • Luxembourg

It's so good you liked your stay at Castanea! Sorry about the doors to kitchen and showers, we will try to adjust them. Kind regards, Cecilia

very talkative staff..

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was clean, quiet and the staff was helpful.

Brilliant hostel - we were so impressed. Staff were really friendly and welcoming, the room was tidy and clean. Kitchen was well stocked and... unexpected! All very good - will recommend and hopefully visit for a bit longer next time.

• 4th May 2015

It is one of the best hostels I stayed at so far. The hostel is located in the center of Gamla Stan, old town. You can basically walk around everywhere and there are so many good restaurants, cafes and souvenir stores nearby. Very convenient!

We are glad you find it convenient here at Castanea! Thank you for your kind words! Kind regards, Cecilia

This hostel was perfect, great location and just what was required. It was a shame there were about a thousand children running around the hostel during our stay which ruined the atmosphere slightly, that and the late night fire alarm! That aside the hostel staff were great, very accommodating and I can imagine the usual atmosphere in the hostel is great. I would definitely stay there again and recommend the hostel to anyone wanting to stay in old town Stockholm!

I rated the atmosphere average specifically because of the disruption caused by the other guests - which were primarily children. The decor was excellent, very comfortable and inviting, but allowing 15 children to stay with minimal adult supervision ruined our experience. We were woken up at dawn by kids traipsing in and and out of the kitchen and at midnight by a fire alarm set off by someone smoking in the bathroom. We selected Castanea because it catered to the "Mature Traveler." NOT TRUE!

Hello, I am sorry you felt other guests behaved badly. Usually people, young or old, understand to be quiet early morning. However we love to have travellers of all ages staying with us and do our best to keep the areas quiet after 11 pm. I understand it must have been disturbing with the firealarm went off at 10.30pm. But I must say it is a relief that it was no real fire! Kindly /Lotta

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it was just perfect, we loved it. Only concern was that initially it was difficult to find and clear obvious signage would have been really helpful. Definitely will recommend it to friend. Thank you for making time in Stockholm so brilliant

Great location and very friendly staff!!

I have stayed in MANY hostels throughout Europe, and this one was one of the best! Everything was really clean, there was plenty of storage including lockers for valuables. There were two powerpoints and a light for every bed which is just so handy. The kitchen had absolutely everything you could ever need. It was a really nice, cosy, small hostel. I loved the location, you can pretty much walk everywhere, AND they sold public transport and bike passes at the hostel which was very convenient!