Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

2095 Total Reviews

no mention/warning when booking that ground floor has no kitchen! :( no good sound isolation between rooms no floor carpet near the bed, not even a small piece to put your feet when coming out of bed, just cold wooden parquet :(

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Romania

A very nice hostel, a good localisation and a very good breakfeast (for Castanea customers) next to the hostel!!

• 27th Dec 2013

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! I was there over Christmas and it felt more like a home than a hostel. Kitchen facilities are great and it is easy to meet people. The staff was absolutely fabulous, too. had left my laptop behind when leaving and they retrieved it and sent it back to me :) Overall: Big Recommendation!

Extremely pleasant stay. Facilties were very good, it was nice to have a kitchen so that you could come in after a long day, make a cup of tea and not really worry about having to find somewhere for meals. Common area nice as well, and also the rules about time of usage (not after 23:00, and before 06:00) meant the hostel was quiet. The shower and bathroom areas were also very nicely kept. Clean and modern. Staff were extremely pleasant and friendly, and I would definitely stay here again :)

• 16th Dec 2013

Nice hostel. The room with 16 people is nicely sized. It is really annoying that you have to pay for sheets. Showers were good and the kitchen a bit smelly but clean.

Really nice kitchen, everything was very clean, unfortunately the heating unit in our room was broken and there was only a small radiator to replace it so it was slightly too cold for comfort. However I would still recommend the place, amazing location, nice facilities, clean and friendly staff.

It was a decent place. Not much for partying, but it's a nice quiet place if you're looking to get some sleep.

Good value for money. The hostel is pretty big, covers three floors. The rooms and beds are ok. The kitchen is good. The location is in the middle of old town in a quite area.

This is my second time staying in this hostel. I came back because I think it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in~

This hostel is one of the best hostel I've been in Europe. In a good location and with nice staff and atmospehre! The kitchen is really nice (you can cook your food there wihtout problem - a good point, cuz stockholm is really expensive ;) The only problem is the computer. I actually don't use computer in my trips, but I had to send an e-mail and the computer was a little bit complicated und weird. But you don't choose one hostel just because the computer!!!

There was some food smells that was not great and there was a lot of noise. Nevertheless, the staff was friendly and our room eas cozy and clean and shared bathroom was clean.

• 9th Nov 2013

I once again had a great team at Castanea! This was not my last visit to Stockholm and Castanea Old Town Hostel.

Staff was super friendly, rooms were clean and nice, location was good (old town, walking distance to the 2 main night out areas). A mix of young and not-so-young people but everyone seemed to enjoy the same.

Stockholm is very expensive, this in an ok Hostel in a great location. No major complaints.

• 4th Nov 2013

Great location, nice room (I had a single room with shared bathroom), toilets, showers, kitchen and dinning room are clean. The only problem: only 3 toilets and 3 showers for 25 to 30 people, that's definitely not enough!

• 31st Oct 2013

Thanks, it was cool!

• 30th Oct 2013

Stockholm is an expensive city, this is possibly the most reasonably proceed hostel I looked at, although you do need to hire sheets if you don't have your own. Rooms are a reasonable size and beds are comfy, the room I stayed in had a reading lamp for each bed and lockers in the room. The kitchen had plenty of equipment and free food sections. I found the staff helpful but reception isn't manned 24/7 which was new I didn't really meet anyone here but that might be on me more than the hostel

Awesome location, right in centre of old town. Rooms smallish but good, shared facilities a little run down. Overall a good place to stay though.

1 2 Next » last »