Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

Perfect location, literally in the centre of the city, clean, quiet and everything went well!not really a hostel for parties, as the city itself i guess!only negative thing, the wifi is not really working in the rooms on the basements!

Excellent hostel with a nice kitchen and lounge area to meet people in. The only downfall was that the internet was not great.

Good hostel but expensive. They should open the reception more hours.

Great location. Helpful staff. Quiet and peaceful space. A mix of ages for guests who stay here. Not a party hostel and really nice to stay in while meeting other travellers. They need more showers and toilet rooms. One of the showers smelled like someone defecated in it, so maybe showers need to be clean more frequently.

The location is great. It takes only a few minutes to walk to the castle, the Nobel museum, the cathedral, the mint museum. A well stocked super market is close by. The hostel staff is very helpful and knowledgable and also sells bus tickets. The bunk beds in my room were made of metal . I slept in the top bed and I could feel and hear the movement of my room mate in the lower bed. I used ear plugs and it helped. For sensitive and mature travelers I would recommend a single room.

• 20th Sep 2014

This hostel is in a great location, right in the center of Gamla Stan. The hostel manager was very nice and even gave me a room upgrade for free! I was in a four bed dorm for a couple nights and then a 16 bed dorm another night. The four bed room was pretty narrow and small, but it was good enough.

Enjoyed the Hostel and the staff was great ...will come back!

• 16th Sep 2014

This is a fantastic hostel in the heart of Stockholm old town. I was running late for checkin and the staff went out of their way to ensure everything worked out OK with my stay.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I had a great stay at this hostel! The only thing is that the 4-bed rooms are a little tight (very, very small) but there is really nothing else I can complain about. Staff was great, facilities were clean, everything was well organized, and the location was amazing (the BEST in Stockholm, I think). I would come back to this hostel again :) Thank you Castanea Hostel!

• 14th Sep 2014

The hostel is in a great location in the heart of Stockholm meaning that my group and I didn't need to fork out loads of money for public transport as we were able to just walk everywhere. The room was great even though there were six of us in it. The kitchen and common areas were good, with a friendly atmosphere. The kitchen did however get pretty crowded in the morning and evenings with everyone preparing food but we got by. Overall it was well worth staying at Castlenea.

• 11th Sep 2014

A staff was very kind and I liked a very clean shower room.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Hello I would like to say that my stay with Castanea was really good, really friendly and helpful staff . Toilets and showers are clean and they have heated floors in the showers. nice kitchen area, I would gladly recommend this hostel and I would definitely book a place there again.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Romania

Good affordable traveller's heaven when visiting Stockholm where you can enjoy perfect location right in the center of old town. The hostel is in the 100 years old or so house on a outside but on the inside you can see well made furnishing and necessary facilities like free wifi, equipped kitchen, appropriate number of bathrooms). Great place to be but you should book in advance especially in summer time for obvious reasons.

Great service and location in the center of Gamla Stan. Very safe and clean. Bring your own sheets since you cannot use your sleeping bag. Overall really enjoyed our stay and looking forward to staying here again in the near future.

Thanks for your kindness! You are welcome any time and many times!

Nice place with the best possible location in Gamla Stan Stockholm!

• 6th Sep 2014

Even for a combination of strolling in the old town and a business congress nearby it was a good choice.

• 6th Sep 2014

Sólo eché de menos el desayuno, si hubiera tenido la opción seguro que habría pagado por ello.

• Spain

Good hostel. Very good location, the old town. With wi-fi, clean bath, clean rooms. Only downs is you have to pay for lockers and sheets (but you can bring your own). It's rather expensive but it's nice price as we're talking about Sweden. Totally recommendable.

This hostel is located in the centre of Gamlastan with good facilities. Rooms were super clean and staffs were kind. =)

Thank you for your nice review! We have the kindest guests as well =)

One of the best hostel in Europe!

• 29th Aug 2014