Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

It wasn't the hostel's fault, but many guests stayed up in the common room making noise, sometimes until 2 in the morning. We complained to the attendant in the morning and I think they did something about it because our last night there was pretty quiet.

Dear Andrea, Thank you for staying with us and for your review! It is usually quiet after 23 o'clock and everyone is respectful. We really appreciate that you told us about the noise as we could do someting about it to the next night. We hope you will visit us again!

Very good Hostel and my first hostle experience. Highly Recommend, staff is very nice and location is un-matched, you are literally footsteps from the palace and the old town square. Absolutely beatutiful!

• 7th Dec 2015

Dear Benjamin, it is an honour to be highly recommended on your first hostel experience. We also think the location is beatiful in the Old Town and just close to everything. It really is! Wish you many good experiences at the hostel on your travels ahead. And of course welcome back to Castanea anytime!

I'd been staying at Castanea Old Town Hostel for 3 days. I would say everything was so brilliant. Especially staff was very nice, kind and helpful. The Bathrooms and the kitchen were also very clean. They have a lovely common room where we can just have a chat with the people who are staying at this hostel and make friends. Fortunately I made many friends. I still keep in touch with them. This hostel is the best one I've ever stayed. I'd like to come back to Stockholm and this hostel in summer.

Dear Takaaki, What a fantastic review! Your words makes us really happy as we aim to make your stay a fun and memorable one. Welcome back this summer!

We stayed in Castanea for a long weekendvisit of Stockholm. We absolutely loved the atmosphere of the house and especially the hostel in the heart of the old town. the welcome was very warm and we got all the help we needed. For our next trip to Stockholm we would love to come back and stay another few days at castanea!!! Love Bettina and Ronja

• 5th Dec 2015

Dear Ronja and Bettina, thank for staying and for your nice words. It was a pleasure to have you here - welcome back anytime!

The hostel is very well located inside the old town, right in the middle of it almost. The beds are comfortable, the showers are nice and the ironing board surely helps before going out after having my shirts all wrinkled inside my backpack. The staff was also really nice. The only thing I missed was the option to have some social activities in the hostel, but maybe I stayed too little time in not such a busy time of the year. But I would surely stay there again in the future. :)

Dear Joao, Thanks for the amazing review! We are glad you had so many positive things to say about Castanea and that you would surely stay again. Welcome back anytime!

So ckose to the City Terminal, excellent place, nice atmosphere, we were very glad to stay at such a nice place...

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Dear Tulin, thank you for staying with us and for your very kind words. It means a lot to us that you had a good time and that you think the place is excellent and has a nice atmosphere. We hope to see you back next time!

I have to say that I loved my stay in this Hostel. Its really well located in the Old Town (Gamla Stan) and attractions are nearby. The staff are good and helpful. The facilities are very good too. Showers are clean and easy to use. I would definitely come and stay here again. I enjoyed my stay here! Well done staff!

Dear Geoffrey, thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location, staff and the facilities. We look forward to see you again!

Very nice hostel with a good, central location. Friendly staff & spacious dorm.

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to welcome you again!

What a great place! Staff was fantastic. Location- Just down the block from the palace in old town. Love it!

Dear Adam, thanks for staying with us. We are happy that you found the staff fantastic :) and that you loved our location in Stockholm. Hope to see you next time! All the best

Only stayed one night but would definitely stay again. Perfectly located a couple of minutes from a metro stop, in the heart of the classic old town, and easily found too. The blonde girl on reception was very warming and helpful to us, and the facilities were all up to scratch. Good showers especially. Great place to visit Stockholm from...

Thanks for the amazing review. We look forward to seeing you soon again!

Staff was helpful, though they charge for things that should be either available for free by inquiry (30 SEK to borrow a converter, coffee and tea for a charge, etc.). The hostel is quite, so not quite ideal for solo travelers looking to meet people but great for families and couples.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the staff helpful. All the best!

Beds are soo creaky and makes a lot of noise while turning and otherwise . Rest everything was great

Dear Ankit, thanks for staying with us and for your feedback! Sorry you found the beds creaky, we have followed it up and checked all beds and they are now as silent as it is possible. :) Glad you think everything else is great here.

Exactly what it should be..... Easy, clean, and cheap. Would definitely recommend this place.

• 11th Nov 2015

Thank you for your recommendation and your kind words. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Stockholm and you are always welcome back!

Wow everything was ok

Many thanks for the nice review. We hope you will visit us again!

this hostel is amazing! the location is great because everything is in walking distance. I enjoyed using the kitchen as Stockholm can get expensive. the only thing that this hostel doesn't have is atmosphere. it is a very quiet hostel which I enjoyed nevertheless. it was a relaxing stay for 2 nights. definitely recommend thanks!

We are glad you find Castanea amazing and that your enjoyed your stay here. Your recommendations mean a lot to us. :-)

Pleasant, secure place to stay. Great location in the heart of the old town. Mildly social, met some great people while I was there.

Thank you for your very positive review! We are glad you met some nice people here. All the best!

Many thanks for this stay in your hotel, all was perfect, we are on the charm of Stockholm, the city, kindness of people, the swedish way of life. Olivier

• 26th Oct 2015

Thank you for your stay and for your very kind words! It means a lot to us that you had a good time. We look forward to seeing you soon again!

I had a fantastic stay in the large dorm room. I was glad to use the sheets they sold because the smelled amazing! And they stayed smelling nice for all of my 4 night stay. I only wish there were comfier chairs in the communal area and maybe something for entertainment (Like a TV or radio). They had really useful information about local events and shops. It was really helpful when I was looking for a supermarket. Great, great, great.

• 23rd Oct 2015

We are happy you had a fantastic stay in the large dorm room and positive words about the bed linen. How nice to hear that the information about Stockholm we have is useful and helpful. We hope you come back and visit us again!

The only thing you could do better, is making more seperate washingstands. You had to wait every morning to brush your teath etc because someone else was on the toilet..

• 22nd Oct 2015

Usually it works smooth with the toiletes, but it didn't at your stay.and we are really sorry that you had to wait! Hope you enjoyed your stay at Stockholm and you are always welcome back!

There could be some common room where people can stay after 23:00. Now the people were quite often common rooms, where should be quiet after 23:00. So I had to ask couple times people to remember that. So Take earplugs with you! Otherwise a really nice hostel in really good location. Nice kitchen and rooms.

Sorry you were disturbed by other guests! Glad you reminded them of the limit of 23:00, and that you found Castanea nice. We hope you come back to Stockholm and to Castanea!