Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

the basement floor Only have One toilet, its crowded! (there are Only tourist in old town)

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Everything was perfect apart from the fact that there are not many toilets or showers, but I was lucky that I used them at non-busy times.... excellent location and very friendly staff!! ;)

I stayed two nights in a 6-bed dorm. + The woman checking me in was really kind and helpful. Location was great, charming area. (hard to find a place where to get a late snack in the night though) Fully equipped kitchen, must have been nice for those who used it. You need to enter three codes before you are down in bed, that's safety. - The wifi was a bit sensitive, but good when working. The bunk beds were noisy when moving around. Only three toilets, I think? Although not a bit hostel.

Thank you for your kind words! Really nice to have guests like you :-). Sorry the bunk beds were noisy in your room, we will have to look into that. Good you let us know, so we can adjust. There are five toilets. Welcome back to Stockholm and to Castanea!

Top! Really want to come back again.

• 5th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The newly renovated showers were great with a sink and area for changing, and although there were only 5 showers for the whole hostel I never had to wait. The rooms were spacious, and the windows big, providing plenty of light and fresh air. Also a great location in beautiful Gamla Stan, although it's a pricey and touristy area. However it is a bit of a nuisance that there is no check-in before 3pm as my boat arrived from Turku at 7am.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Finland

Very friendly and helpful staff and especially really good location. Will stay again during my next visit of Stockholm.

You are always welcome!

Older female traveling with 20's daughter, my first hostel experience. Found staff friendly and accommodating, facility very clean. Liked the kitchen policy, quiet after 23:00 was helpful too. Shared bathrooms just fine, no problems. Great experience overall, budget-friendly in the city!

• 26th May 2014

Really nice hostel! The 6 person room is nice and light, if a little squishy when everyone is trying to get ready for the day. Very short reception hours: 9-11 or 12 and then check in from 3-6. Could be a problem if you're coming it at an awkward time and want to leave your bags. Overall nice hostel, a bit pricey, but in a beautiful part of Stockholm and close to the metro station.

Really glad you liked Castanea! There is no problem arriving late (or any time), just contact us before arrival and we provide you with all information you need to get in. Welcome back early or late :-)

Nice hostel. Location is beatyful an not too far away from all the good stuff (walking distance). Would book the same hostel next time again.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice location, walking distance to all the other islands. The staff are very polite and gave allot of good suggestions. Stayed in the 16 bed dorm, good infrastructure overall. Would recommend this to everyone!

Thank you for recommending Castanea! We do our best...

The hostel was in a great location, but can be very tricky to find if you are not familiar with the old town. I would recommend using Google Maps location or GPS your first time getting there. The hostel had a very homey and cozy feel to it with a great atmosphere. The common area was small, but comfortable and great for meeting others. Everything was very clean and the kitchen was spacious. The rooms had lockers for your own lock, and beds were comfortable.

Fantastic hostel! Location was great, it was clean, the staff was friendly and the kitchen really helped offset the high costs of eating out in Stockholm

Hostel is up a very big hill on a cobblestoned street, if you are coming from subway with more than one bag, good luck. Also taxi took 40 minutes to find hotel one day with another member of our group.

• 8th May 2014

Nice, cute place.

Great Hostel. Warm welcome from the hosts. Great location.

Very centrally located. I didn't even need to take the subway once. The staff are very kind and helpful. Facilities are nice and clean. a very calm and quiet hostel. But if you are young and looking to party and meet people etc. this may not be the right place for you.

We (me and my 4 other friends) stayed in a 16 people dorm room. It was a very good stay because the hostel was quiet, clean and very nicely located. Especially i was thinking the 16 people dorm was going to be hell but it was not at all. We all had very good sleep except for the last night there was an extra person on the top bunk of my friend's bed if you know what I mean. Anyway other than that it was like a hotel not like an average hostel. We were very much pleased with our stay there.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • irmakozdemir
  • Turkey

Nice place to stay in the middle of Gamla Stan. Close to almost everything and it's a very pretty area. The staff was really friendly and helpful! I absolutely recommend it!:)

Thank you for your nice review and we're glad that you liked your stay :) Welcome back! /Joel

The location is great ! It's comfortable and peaceful. If you want to stay in an hostel to take a rest just before a big day of hiking.

Thank you for your review. Hope the hiking was fun! Kindly Lotta

very nice clean, helpful staff, wifi, great kitchen, located right in gamla stan in the old city. not the kind of place if youre looking to meet other young people traveling around, but all in all a great, quiet little hostel p.s. excellent cafe downstairs- if you're staying at the hostel you get a special deal

• 14th Apr 2014