Castanea Old Town Hostel Reviews

Kindstugatan 1, Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden

A lovely and fine hostel inmiddst of Stockholm, very recommendable to explore the city in all directions..

Thank you for your nice words! Glad you liked it here at Castanea! Always welcome again!

Perfect location and very cozy environment. Would return and recommend to my friends.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

We would be very glad if you return. Warmly welcome! Thank you for recommending Castanea!

Good hostel in the old town. Kitchen and bathroom facilities feel a bit small for how large the hostel is but everyone managed ok. For a 16 bed dorm it didn't feel overly crowded and the windows were nice for letting in fresh air. Common area is good for meeting people.

Glad you found Castanea so positive! Welcome back anytime!

Really nice hostel, very clean and well located. It's a smaller hostel, and was pretty quiet when I stayed, but a very nice place to stay nonetheless.

Thank you for your nice review! It means a lot for us to here that you found this a nice place. Hope to see you here again!

Top location and very friendly staff! The private rooms are rather small, but they are okay. This is not a party hostel at all and the common room cannot be used after 11. I really enjoyed my stay here! Definitely coming back!

It's really good to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you! Welcome back to Stockholm and to Castanea!

Castanea is a really nice and cosy hostel in a perfect location in the "gamla stan". The staff is friendly and very helpful. Recommendable!

Thank you for recommending Castanea! Hope you come back and stay here again! Feel welcome!

I loved Castanea! It was so excellent, met incredible people, and it was located perfectly to get around to any part of Stockholm I wanted to go. The staff were very friendly (and helped me in a situation I found myself in), and the hostel was very clean. I'd give a 9.5/10!

Thank you for the amazing review! We are so happy you had a good time and met some great people! And we hope you come and visit us again!

Nice Hostel, good position, the perfect one to visit Stockholm in few days

We also think the location is good, in the middle of the Old Town. Thank you for staying at Castanea and thank you for your nice words!

Very expensive for low budget people.

• 15th Sep 2015

Sorry you didn't think Castanea was in your budget. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Stockholm at least.

Cecilia on the front desk was amazing. I guess the bathroom and the WC could have been cleaner,but basically it was excellent experience.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Thank you! I try my best :-) Kind regards, Cecilia

Everything was perfect! Really lovely place

• 14th Sep 2015

Thanks for your awesome review! It's really good to hear you found Castanea lovely:-) Please do come and visit us again!

Lovely quiet and clean hostel, great base for exploring the city!

• 12th Sep 2015

Many thanks for the nice review. We hope you will visit us again!

You can't beat the location (equal walking distance between popular neighborhoods and sites), but the hostel itself isn't too lively. Not the place to go if you're looking for a social atmosphere. It's very clean and the staff are exceptionally helpful - it's an overall great value. Stayed September 2015.

Great location and value for money! Not a party hostel but a place to recover and rest:) I arrived after hrs but after calling the staff was able to get in where my sheets and towels were waiting for me along with relevant instructions. ( it did cost extra though which wasn't indicated clearly) either way for Stockholm prices this was a life saver!

Thank you for you positive review! We're glad arrival after hrs went out smooth for you.Welcome again!

I was terrified at first, because seeing the 16 bed room full really scared me. Luckily, there are lockers in the room, so if you bring your own lock, you can lock up your most valuable things. I wish sheets were included, but I suppose it's nice to have the option of bringing your own sheets to save money. The showers were always clean and running with warm water, the kitchen was well-organized and clean. They offered many ideas of things to do in Stockholm all free of charge!

Glad that your stay in our big dorm room went out well. Thank you for your very nice review! And welcome back!

Absolutely loved this hostel! The dorms are nothing special but the common room really invites for socializing and indeed that's what happens in this hostel. Also: clean, plenty of bathrooms and fantastic location. Couldn't wish for more :)

Wonderful that you had a good time here!

Wonderful hostel - really enjoyed my stay! Absolutely amazing location right in the middle of the old town, great facilities and super friendly staff.

Thanks for the amazing review! We look forward to seeing you here again!

would highly recommend. Great price, helpful staff, BEST LOCATION right in the middle of old town and close to central station so very easy to find from any airport. Really nice kitchen and bathroom facilities as well.

Thank you for your positive review! It means a lot to us, to know that you and other guests like it here. We hope you come back and visit us again!

Very quiet most of the time! Centered in beautiful old town! Nice helpful staff! Felt very safe!

Thank you for your nice review! Especially glad you found us in the staff helpful :-) Welcome again!

Be sure to get the code if you are arriving after hours! We had to ask our taxi driver to borrow his phone.

Thank you for your review! Yes, as written in the confirmatio, please contact us to get the door code if you want to arrive after 18:00. Hope you had a good time in Stockholm!