Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

Very good hostel, with very nice staf. They help you organise your stay and give you tips. You get a good free dinner and a good breakfast. The hostle is next to the metro station Salavador, which is very usefull. I recommend it

This hostel is fantastic and made my Santiago trip. It's the free dinner - not because its amazing food (its not - its fine though!) but because it brings the whole hostel (about 30 people) together every night in a really natural way. It's not in the very centre or in Bella Vista, but it is in a clean and friendly neighbourhood with a pleasingly local feel and only 20 mins walk to Bella Vista for nightlife/vibe. Very homely feel with great, flexible, friendly staff too. Can't recommend enough!

What can I say, they give you breakfast and dinner and it's one of the less expensive hostels in Santiago in a great location. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest, and I broke out in a rash from the sheets. The staff is extremely kind and helpful, they are also very willing to give you advice on things to do. This place is also a great place to meet lots of different people, especially at dinner time when you are all hungry waiting for food!

The vibe of the hostel was great, the staff were all very friendly and the BBQ on Friday was perfect. Our basic double room was very small with a teeny tiny bathroom that did not smell good, and overall I felt the room was not super clean. However, if the room is only somewhere you sleep and shower before spending the day out seeing the city it should do the trick!

Beautiful people at reception very friendly and helpful with everything

This is a fantastic hostel... It's about a ten min walk to the centre of bellavista, however, considering how much fun you have there, and the size of the breaky and dinner they provide (included), it is nice to have a brisk walk.This place is friendly and because they offer dinner you get to socialise with other travellers more, Which adds to the fun.The staff are amazing! Very friendly, helpful and have good insight to what to do and where to go. I suggest aji for your visit to Santiago!

I have stayed at this hostel a few times and in the past have always enjoyed it. This time, the facilities were very dirty. My room was not cleaned in a number of days, the showers had days worth of grime in them and my bed had a lot of hair in it. The free dinner is great and normally I would recommend this hostel - hopefully they will clean better in the future.

Not a party hostel, but a good social hostel. Tons of fun. Staff is excellent, and it's located very close to the Salvador Metro station.

My group and I consisting of 18 people had an awesome time at Chilli Hostel. Especially staff was very laid back and open to have a good talk, beer meanwhile fixing problems to our comfort. The location is great, just a few steps from the center, chilled neighborhood of Bellavista and right next to Salvador Metro Station. Special Thanks to Carlito from Chacal and his crew!!!

Friendly helpful staff. Close to Metro. Comfy beds. Clean. Dinner included, basic but does the job, and creates a social atmosphere!

great hostel, good backpacker party mood during the small dinner they offer. The friday BBq dinner for a moderate price of 4000 CLP was also good fun. Some staff meets the people at evening for some barhopping. Rooms are rather packed, not much space there. Hostel is easy to reach by metro.

This place was very, very nice. The rooms were large and airy, beds so sturdy a person climbing to the upper bunk didn't wake me up. Staff was extremely nice and helpful and it gave a good impression every shift asked for a name and introduced themselves when they saw a new face. Food was brilliant and vegetarians were thought of. Very nice people staying there, too. Location was convenient - walking distance from the centrum, but next to a metro stop if you felt lazy.

The staff at the hostel were super friendly and helpful. This was the first hostel I had stayed at where breakfast AND dinner were included every day and they were not bad at all! Fast wifi and friendly atmosphere and not too noisy.

very friendly staffs, good breakfast and free dinner served every evening at 9pm, good location only 2mins walk from metro Salvador station. i felt very welcomed and had a pleasant stay! my email re transfers was not responded!

Despite this hostel is not so close from city's most popular attractions, I liked the place. It was clean and the room we stayed (a double bad room) was bigger than average. However, the staff is not so friendly. Besides, we also had to pay the booking in dollars to a void a 19% tax, which I thought it was ridiculous.

Great and helpful Staff. Metro nearby. Good wifi average speed internet. The BBQ on the friday is definitely a must (good ending of our trip). I miss the steak now I am back in Europe.

• 27th Mar 2014

They offer dinner and that is just wonderful. One thing I didn't like, though, is the duvet. I brought some feathers home! It would be cool to buy new ones, maybe. Also, the 4-bed female dorm, needs a second fan since there is no window and the room arrangement makes it impossible to share one. The staff is simply great, they got me a fan when I needed and beside helpful they are so nice!

• 23rd Mar 2014

The guys in the frontdesk were so nice. The place is good, but to clean need to improve. The location is perfect near to the subway.

Very good hostel and very good staff

A great place to hang out, with very friendly and helpful staff and the Friday BBQ is tops!