Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

I have stayed at this hostel a few times and in the past have always enjoyed it. This time, the facilities were very dirty. My room was not cleaned in a number of days, the showers had days worth of grime in them and my bed had a lot of hair in it. The free dinner is great and normally I would recommend this hostel - hopefully they will clean better in the future.

Not a party hostel, but a good social hostel. Tons of fun. Staff is excellent, and it's located very close to the Salvador Metro station.

My group and I consisting of 18 people had an awesome time at Chilli Hostel. Especially staff was very laid back and open to have a good talk, beer meanwhile fixing problems to our comfort. The location is great, just a few steps from the center, chilled neighborhood of Bellavista and right next to Salvador Metro Station. Special Thanks to Carlito from Chacal and his crew!!!

Friendly helpful staff. Close to Metro. Comfy beds. Clean. Dinner included, basic but does the job, and creates a social atmosphere!

great hostel, good backpacker party mood during the small dinner they offer. The friday BBq dinner for a moderate price of 4000 CLP was also good fun. Some staff meets the people at evening for some barhopping. Rooms are rather packed, not much space there. Hostel is easy to reach by metro.

This place was very, very nice. The rooms were large and airy, beds so sturdy a person climbing to the upper bunk didn't wake me up. Staff was extremely nice and helpful and it gave a good impression every shift asked for a name and introduced themselves when they saw a new face. Food was brilliant and vegetarians were thought of. Very nice people staying there, too. Location was convenient - walking distance from the centrum, but next to a metro stop if you felt lazy.

The staff at the hostel were super friendly and helpful. This was the first hostel I had stayed at where breakfast AND dinner were included every day and they were not bad at all! Fast wifi and friendly atmosphere and not too noisy.

very friendly staffs, good breakfast and free dinner served every evening at 9pm, good location only 2mins walk from metro Salvador station. i felt very welcomed and had a pleasant stay! my email re transfers was not responded!

Despite this hostel is not so close from city's most popular attractions, I liked the place. It was clean and the room we stayed (a double bad room) was bigger than average. However, the staff is not so friendly. Besides, we also had to pay the booking in dollars to a void a 19% tax, which I thought it was ridiculous.

Great and helpful Staff. Metro nearby. Good wifi average speed internet. The BBQ on the friday is definitely a must (good ending of our trip). I miss the steak now I am back in Europe.

• 27th Mar 2014

They offer dinner and that is just wonderful. One thing I didn't like, though, is the duvet. I brought some feathers home! It would be cool to buy new ones, maybe. Also, the 4-bed female dorm, needs a second fan since there is no window and the room arrangement makes it impossible to share one. The staff is simply great, they got me a fan when I needed and beside helpful they are so nice!

• 23rd Mar 2014

The guys in the frontdesk were so nice. The place is good, but to clean need to improve. The location is perfect near to the subway.

Very good hostel and very good staff

A great place to hang out, with very friendly and helpful staff and the Friday BBQ is tops!

Chilli Hostel is a bright pink building just around the corner and one block from the Salvador Metro Station off the red line #1. This hostel is a little strange in the way it wants to be paid for its room, so be sure to read the fine print and be flexible. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. This is the first hostel I have stayed at that serves both breakfast and dinner, but dinner is not until 9pm and seems to be mostly vegetarian, but mighty tasty and a BBQ on Fridays.

It was an amazing time spent together you guys. I loved to be at hostel among the funniest staff and nice travellers. Just one suggestion is about bathrooms which should be cleaned more often, actually the shower box is the point. In general, if I will came back to Santiago, Ají Hostel will be for sure my choice. Good job guys!

The staff at the hostel were very friendly, thankfully speak English very well. From the instructions on how to get there from the airport using the Transvip, to the check in, the evening meals are great. I was in a dorm for eight, the negative about that was that 4 of them had no common courtesy for noise. Even though there are signs that say no noise after 12, it's still somewhat noisy at 2 am, and nobody can do anything about it. I will stay again if I'm back next February/March.

• 2nd Mar 2014

First hostel I stayed in with dinner included. Nice option for lunch in the cafe next door. Very cool staff. Can be a bit loud because it's a rather big hostel. On the other hand good for going out :-)

The barbecue and the free dinners are amazing. Nice, clean bathrooms with really hot showers. It is located in the city but has calm rooms. The staff is very helpful. They forgot to reserve our beds in the dorm, so we got upgraded to a 2-bed-suite which was great!

1 2 Next » last »