Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

I had rashes and itchy all over my body after one night's sleep, I wonder there might be mites or whatever insects on the bed, the other room that my friend was in had water leakage in the room....in general aside from the fairly good breakfast with fruit and cheese, I didn't have a good time there

This place was good to chill out in very friendly staff I am coming back in January.

The hostel is just amazing. The staff is very helpful, and so nice that makes you feel at home. The location is great, you can just take a walk to bela vista ( party area), or take the subway to anywhere in the city. The hostel is very good, and clean, the room I stayed was very big, and the kitchen has everything you need. Great breakfast, and dinner. They even make your bed everyday. Just PERFECT

Nice place, close to bars and nightlife, friendly staff, good breakfast with toast, cerrals and fruit salad... I enjoyed my stay there!

Pretty cool with free dinner because it gets everyone together at 9pm so you can meet as many people as you want. Staff are cool. Dinner was pretty good too

Santiago is awesome and Ají Hostel (that's how it's known to the locals) is located at the very heart of the city. Subway is nearby, there's a park that sometimes holds sunday fairs right next to the establishment, etc. The neighbourhood of Providencia is a pretty chill place but right next to Bellavista which is handy when you want to hit the bars but also sleep well when you come to the hostel early - or when you just feel like sleeping early.

• 23rd Nov 2013

A very social place. Free dinner is great. The staff is very caring. But the rooms could be cleaner and the location is not the best. Close to undergrund but that's it.

i ended up staying here for 4 weeks while i was looking for somewhere to live. the staff are what make this hostel so welcoming. it's in an ideal location, near a metro and bellavista. the evening meals are great as it gets everyone together so you can chat and make friends with the other guests. BUT friday night is the best time to stay for the excellent bbq!

Had $120 US and possibly a pair of sunglasses stolen from my private room. Although staff feigned concern it was distressing to say the least that someone with access to my room was going through my possessions.

• 8th Nov 2013

A very nice and pleasant setting ! ... I particulary appreciated the excellent welcome and all the options and services witch are possible on place and in the area arond ! ! ! The dinner and the breakfast are inclued ! ! ! ! Possibility for bikes rent and to do the washing ! ! ! Situated in the city center, this hostel allow the access of most of the touristics Santiago sites by walk and is situated at 5 minutes of an underground station. I really recommend the "Chilli Hostel Santiago" -:)

• 8th Nov 2013

VERY HARD to sleep. All of the floors make so much noise. so in addition to sleeping besides 7 people, every movement is even louder i purchased a 6 bed mixed, and was given an 8 bed mixed ... and then i came back one afternoon on my 3rd day there, and they had given my bed to somebody else.

• 31st Oct 2013

Hello, we are realy sorry if you passed it badly in the hostel. Now you say that you reserved a room of 6 mixed beds and we gave you an 8 bed mixed but the booking that we have says " room of 8 mixed beds ". Your you say that we had given your bed to another person on your third night, but you asked us if we could change your bed to a bed down. We hope that you will come to pass it better. Enjoy

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel, mainly 'cause I was given a room (4 beds fem) on the last floor and then, not noisy at all. On lower floors the movement is constant through the night, doors stay opened and then, quieter people will have issues to sleep. Location is really great, some steps to a metro station, walking distances to several attractions and the neighborhood is very charming. Staff was very warm and fun to interact. The price is very well worth the money. The is the free dinner!

It definetely worths the price! Despite some desagrees in the way some staff directs words with costumers (what I understand as cultural), Staff was in general very friendly. People staying there also made the importance of this place. It was an incredible week where we met new friends in the social areas, FREE SHARED DINNER every day, except on the BBQ day (this day offers beer as well, but it`s not all you can drink, good for a warm up). Special thanks to Carlitos, Aurora, Rebeca and Felix.

• 29th Oct 2013

Always a great place to stay. Small suggestion - hooks in the dorm rooms to put your towels.

Excelent staff, all of them are very nice

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is the best hostel in Santiago, 100% sure! The house is very nice, the rooms are confortable, there are lockers in the rooms, a lot of bathrooms, well located, great value for money (the dinner is free, so taking this in consideration, it is the cheapest hostel in the city)... But the best thing about Chilli Hostel (known as Ají Hostel outside hostelworld) is the atmosphere, thanks to the best receptionist I ever met, Carlito! Carlito is a friendly rasta that will make you feel at home.

• 24th Oct 2013

The staff speaks very little English and aren't really helpful. The location is great and it is clean and safe. The breakfast is Marginal and the linens and pillows the very worst quality. In general it is for the young and quite the party hostel. For those desiring a better quality environment look elsewhere.

• 24th Oct 2013

We loved the free dinners at this place! Great way to save money, Friday BBQ was awesome! The staff were all very positive and helpful. Unfortunately there was a bit of stollen property through people staying in dorms - security cameras in common areas would be a good idea. Dorm rooms are good size and cleaning is kept on top of. The lockers are good size but you need a big padlock to get it through the lock hole.

1 2 Next » last »