City Centre Budget Hotel Reviews

22-30 Little Collins St, Melbourne, Australia

When I booked this hotel through Hostelworld.com, it showed that the location was on city centre in a very close proximity with Flinders Street Sta. Apparently the hotel is in the eastern part of city, around 3 blocks away from the map showed at Hostelworld. I kinda felt cheated though. The room was nice and shared bathroom was very clean, I liked it a lot. Downside was they don't have an elevator, I needed to take my big luggage myself to 3rd fl, which was quite an unpleasant experience.

The rooms were clean, the staff was very polite. The bathrooms ran out of toilet paper one morning, but they were otherwise in decent upkeep considering they were shared facilities. The internet was reliable and a relatively strong signal on my computer, but not that great on my phone. The location was excellent. It was in a safe location in very close walking distance to a lot of the CBD, nearby parks, the Melbourne Museum, The Australian Centre for the Moving Image, Chinatown, and Lygon St.

Great location, great room. a bit noisy at night, clean common bathroom but in need of an update.

• 4th Mar 2014

Good budget (!) accomodation right in the middle of CBD. A bit noisy due to the construction work on the other side of the road. Everything else was good for that price... nothing fancy

in general, this is very worthwhile.

• 17th Feb 2014

I got a upgrade to a double room, so I can not give a review for my booked single room

This is Georgette. I stayed 2 nights at this hotel and I was very pleased because the place was very clean. If you need peace and quiet even in the heart of the city and a very clean please to stay, then check them out. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay and also the free unlimited wifi internet access. That was awesome. I would definitely stay there again.