City Lodge Stockholm Reviews

Klara Norra Kyrkogata 15, Stockholm, Sweden

Not really the backpackers atmosphere and some weird people were hanging around. Besides that a ok hostel at a good location

Perfect location of about 500 meter distance from the central station, very close to Klara Church. Easy to access the city centre of walk distance. Friendly and kind staffs trying to offer nice service. On the other hand, the shower booth on the ground floor is not very well equipped. not spacious enough to store shower stuff or change clothes, even though the space outside the booth is quite nice and clean.

Loved the dimmer on the central light in the room, the individual reading lights for each bed and the (almost) enclosing curtains for the bottom bunks.

Staff was very nice. Accommodations were average.

• 30th Jun 2014

Staffs are friendly and well-responsive to people's needs. however, the fee for storaging luggage is a bit pricy. Otherwise, everything was good.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

very dirty room, not sure if floor was ever cleaned under the bed was covered in dust. thee sheets were very expensive to rent and no info about this until confirmation email from hostel after reserving and after leaving so not so nice surprise. adding 10 eurs for 1 night could have given me a real hotel w sheets. Guy in reception seemed very bored with providing any info.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Close to train station, easy walk to the old part of town. In the middle of the major shopping area, handy if that's what you're after. Kitchen is very usable. Basic, but clean and safe, would recommend this place :)

I've stayed at a few hostels in Stockholm and though this one is well located there are ones which are better and more worth the money. The toilets and basins smelled out of the drain and the fact there's no daylight in the dorms creates a claustrophobic atmosphere. It was hard to get some sleep at night because the air was so stifling. Luggage storage costs 30 sek- in most hostels it's free.Staff was ok, but not really passionate about their job. Advice to young people: go for another hoste

The hostel was one of the nicer hostels I've stayed at. Was super clean, location is excellent, 1 min walk from the central station. Breakfast is not included, but at the price you pay I think it should be. normally at other hostels where I've paid the same amount it's always been included. Other than that, it's nice and quiet, if your looking for a party hostel this is not it. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

It was a great location, but the room was very small for 6 beds and it wasn't very clean.

One guy working there was not very friendly. We opened up the "luggage area" to see what it looked like and he FREAKED out at us. We had been given the code and told we could store our luggage there and he ranted about how "you no pay 30 krones." We tried to explain we wanted to see what the luggage room looked like before we stored our stuff in there and he kept raising his voice and saying "you no pay 30 krones, you no read sign...." The luggage room was only a broom closet. No bueno!!

• 15th Jun 2014

excellent staff

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The bathrooms smelled pretty bad and the rooms are too small. I stood in one for 6 people and it was a small room with 3 bunker beds :/

Great place, family atmosphere. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

This hostel was in a very good location, very close to train station and very close to city centre and harbours either. Hostel was generally clean but shower in the 18 dorm wasn't very clean and the shower toom was very small so undressing and dressing again was quiet complicated. Also the beds squeeking a lot, so it was quiet hard to sleep. If you want to socializing with other people this hostel is not the best place. But generally it's quiet good hostel where I would probably stay again.

Very nice staff, helpful. However, the toilets and bathroom could use a makeover, with insects flying around and let's just say they haven't been repaired recently. Also, I kind of missed a washbasin outside the toilet. For washing my hands, brushing teeth, applyig lenses and so on. But overall I enjoyed my stay, wonderful location, felt safe, nice staff. Definetly could live there again!

• 28th May 2014
  • Sweden

Honestly, best hostel I have ever stayed at. Only suggestion would be to add more hooks to hang stuff.

I suppose I'm spoiled I've stayed in some very nice hostels.. I have a hard time with hostels that don't have windows in the room.. Makes for a stuffy claustrophobic night for me. Otherwise the location is the best!!!

• 23rd May 2014

I arrived, I checked in, and then I was never spoken to again. Nobody was ever at the front desk, no matter how long I stood around waiting. I stay at hostels for the ambiance and for the help I need to get around an unfamiliar city. There was absolutely none of that here. In addition, both the shower and toilet rooms had small bugs all over the walls which was disgusting. When someone checks in late, you show them quietly into the room. Don't slam open doors and turn on the lights. VERY rude!

• 18th May 2014

Exceeded expectations! Super easy to find, in walking distance from central station. Really great breakfast for only 50 SEK! Fast WIFI! Air conditioned 18 bed dorm with sockets next to beds, reading light, lockers. If u need to be close to the station, this is a great place! I will book it again!