City Lodge Stockholm Reviews

Klara Norra Kyrkogata 15, Stockholm, Sweden

I was very disappointed to know after having booking that I have to pay an extra charge for bed sheets.

• 24th Jul 2015

Weird hostel. The staff doesnt really care about your stay they just do their job. There is no atmosphere at all. Most of the people in the hostel were old. If u are looking for a bed to sleep in then it provide you that

The toilets were smelly and male and female weren't seperate. I dont think there was enough for the amount of people. Recommend going with 4 share, the room was stuffy enough with no ventilation. If you just want a bed to sleep in it will do the job. Kitchen facilities are great. Not much atmosphere.

We stayed at the 18 bed mixed dorm. Which is a eoom with no windows. That could be oke, but the smell from the bathroom was damp. We didnt feel like the lobby was a nice place to sit. There were a lor of weird people in the hostel who were there all the time and we didnt want to sit there in the evening so we stayed away. On the other hand, the location is good the staff will help you when you ask and the facilities like a washing machine were good.

When reading the reviews I thought it would be much worse... The stuff wasn´t very friendly though... And there were several additional charges that we didn´t know about.... Everything was clear, didn´t need to wait for shower longer than several minutes, could sleep well even without ear-plugs

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

This place sounds more like a hotel, specially for the staff. If you are a solo traveler who would like to stay in youth hostel environment this is not the place for you. The price also could get higher when you figure it out that almost everything there is an extra cost, even to storage your bags for a couple of hours.

Good hostel. Great location if you're arriving in Stockholm by bus or train, as the hostel is just minutes from those stations. Pleasant staff and guests.

• 10th Jul 2015

The room hasn't a window, it stank there and it war to hot. The room is in my opinion to small for four persons

• 7th Jul 2015

Good value compared to everything else in Stockholm. Atmosphere was a bit dead and no windows in rooms.

Easy to find from the railwaystation, a bit expensive if you compare it to other european hostels..

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Finland

Me and 4 girl friends stayed four nights in the 18 bed dorm. It had a mini kitchen attached to it in addition to the main hostel kitchen which was nice and we kept all our food there. Main kitchen had free pasta :) Hostel was clean. Decent amount of powerpoints per bed ratio. If you stay in the big dorm go and use the downstairs showers as they're much bigger and nicer. Location is great. We walked everywhere we went so saved money on public transport.

Crowded place and low attention received from the staff when needed. One shower avaiable for a room with 18 people is a bit complicated. However, is well located (about 150 meters from the central train station).

It was ok. Great location which made it worthwhile. Nothing special, but serves its purpose

Room without windows which was not mentioned in any description (which is impudent and cheating, as we think). Smell like sewer in the room. Dirty restroom and shower. Confused receptionist who had no clue about payment terms and could not find our file. We had a horrible night and the most unbelievable and ridiculous thing is the price. Over 90€ for a cellar bunker with dirty shared facilities, no amenities, no service. My body felt itchy after the stay. We actually feel betrayed. HANDS OFF!

• 5th Jun 2015

City Lodge in, the location was amazing, nothing more you can ask for. Central station and basically all the trains were extremely close by (5~!0 minutes) on foot. Security was good, locks of outer and inner door, changing it everyday. There is storage and if you ask, they will keep it behind the counter so it can be as safe as you want it. The staff, the morning staff is amazing, if you hang around late (per say after 10) the staff seems to tire too and might give you a weird face.

• 4th Jun 2015

We stayed in a large mixed dorm, and were surprised at how dirty it was. The other people in the room were all middle aged to older men (except one), and super creepy ones at that. The only other girl there had her iPhone and her phone charger stolen from her in the middle of the night. The attached bathroom was disgusting and reeked the whole time, making the whole dorm room smell. The downstairs dorms didn't seem as bad, but I don't know if there's a way to ensure you get into one of those.

• 31st May 2015

I found the staff to be very helpful. One member of staff started his shift earlier to help me with my luggage that was stored safely. I needed someone to allow me to collect my suitcase. Great attitude!

Very good location in Central Stockholm, hostel has all the basic needs. Crowd which goes to this hostel was (at least during my stay) not really of the Backpacker/youth type, was in general a bit older.

• 22nd May 2015

I was there justjust for a day. But I really enjoyed. Good luck for everyone

• 1st May 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Way too high price for the service. Very unclean, room with lights and electrical sockets not working. Had to pay to have luggage kept for the afternoon.