City Lodge Stockholm Reviews

Klara Norra Kyrkogata 15, Stockholm, Sweden

I suppose I'm spoiled I've stayed in some very nice hostels.. I have a hard time with hostels that don't have windows in the room.. Makes for a stuffy claustrophobic night for me. Otherwise the location is the best!!!

I arrived, I checked in, and then I was never spoken to again. Nobody was ever at the front desk, no matter how long I stood around waiting. I stay at hostels for the ambiance and for the help I need to get around an unfamiliar city. There was absolutely none of that here. In addition, both the shower and toilet rooms had small bugs all over the walls which was disgusting. When someone checks in late, you show them quietly into the room. Don't slam open doors and turn on the lights. VERY rude!

• 18th May 2014

Exceeded expectations! Super easy to find, in walking distance from central station. Really great breakfast for only 50 SEK! Fast WIFI! Air conditioned 18 bed dorm with sockets next to beds, reading light, lockers. If u need to be close to the station, this is a great place! I will book it again!

For convenience, this hostel is great, with only about a two minute walk from Stockholm central station. However, the facilities are a bit older although clean. One big point to make is that the travelers who stay here tend to be on the older end, and it doesn't have that fun/social atmosphere you would expect from a hostel. It was great for one quick one nights rest before heading off to the train station to catch a flight though. (24 hour check-ins too)

There was some confusion about my check in, on the website i wrote that I would be at the hostel at midnight, (00:00 on 1, may) and there was no one to check me in. the room codes were messed up. my email correspondence said that I would be able to check in even though it was late. that the door codes should be fine. perhaps this is partly my fault but I found it quite inconvenient. The people at the hostel were quite helpful and it was figured out in the morning.

• 1st May 2014

Air circulation of room is quite poor and it is a little bit hard to breathe after staying a long time in the room. Others are quite good.

Friendly, helpful staff, clean common areas, fast Wi-Fi access and TV in the room and the excellent central location were the good sides. The walls are VERY thin, so unless you are a deep-sleeper or wear earplugs, you risk being woken up. A drunken neighbour - deciding to leave at 3 a.m. - and an Asian neighbour with jetlagged TV habits, smogged my two nights, but firm action from staff in the first case and some earplugs saved me.

• 3rd Apr 2014