City Lodge Stockholm Reviews

Klara Norra Kyrkogata 15, Stockholm, Sweden

excellent staff

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Wales

The bathrooms smelled pretty bad and the rooms are too small. I stood in one for 6 people and it was a small room with 3 bunker beds :/

Great place, family atmosphere. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

This hostel was in a very good location, very close to train station and very close to city centre and harbours either. Hostel was generally clean but shower in the 18 dorm wasn't very clean and the shower toom was very small so undressing and dressing again was quiet complicated. Also the beds squeeking a lot, so it was quiet hard to sleep. If you want to socializing with other people this hostel is not the best place. But generally it's quiet good hostel where I would probably stay again.

Very nice staff, helpful. However, the toilets and bathroom could use a makeover, with insects flying around and let's just say they haven't been repaired recently. Also, I kind of missed a washbasin outside the toilet. For washing my hands, brushing teeth, applyig lenses and so on. But overall I enjoyed my stay, wonderful location, felt safe, nice staff. Definetly could live there again!

• 28th May 2014
  • Sweden

Honestly, best hostel I have ever stayed at. Only suggestion would be to add more hooks to hang stuff.

I suppose I'm spoiled I've stayed in some very nice hostels.. I have a hard time with hostels that don't have windows in the room.. Makes for a stuffy claustrophobic night for me. Otherwise the location is the best!!!

I arrived, I checked in, and then I was never spoken to again. Nobody was ever at the front desk, no matter how long I stood around waiting. I stay at hostels for the ambiance and for the help I need to get around an unfamiliar city. There was absolutely none of that here. In addition, both the shower and toilet rooms had small bugs all over the walls which was disgusting. When someone checks in late, you show them quietly into the room. Don't slam open doors and turn on the lights. VERY rude!

• 18th May 2014

Exceeded expectations! Super easy to find, in walking distance from central station. Really great breakfast for only 50 SEK! Fast WIFI! Air conditioned 18 bed dorm with sockets next to beds, reading light, lockers. If u need to be close to the station, this is a great place! I will book it again!

For convenience, this hostel is great, with only about a two minute walk from Stockholm central station. However, the facilities are a bit older although clean. One big point to make is that the travelers who stay here tend to be on the older end, and it doesn't have that fun/social atmosphere you would expect from a hostel. It was great for one quick one nights rest before heading off to the train station to catch a flight though. (24 hour check-ins too)

There was some confusion about my check in, on the website i wrote that I would be at the hostel at midnight, (00:00 on 1, may) and there was no one to check me in. the room codes were messed up. my email correspondence said that I would be able to check in even though it was late. that the door codes should be fine. perhaps this is partly my fault but I found it quite inconvenient. The people at the hostel were quite helpful and it was figured out in the morning.

• 1st May 2014