CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Everything was perfect, thanks!

It's a stylish hostel, but the atmosphere was not that welcoming. Breakfast was okay, nice private room, staff was helpful. All in all a good hostel.

I stayed for three nights and I loved the place, very clean and comfortable. the staff is great but I would recommend more tips about the city. one thing I didn't like was that most of the lockers were in bad shape and malfunctioning although I found the hostel very secure

Awesome staff !

Staff were friendly and helpful generally but we never got the impression anyone was bothered or doing anything about the fact there was no hot shower in the hostel or running water in the main bathroom for the three days we stayed. If you like sleep I wouldn't stay at the weekend as this bass from the club (next door?) rattled the bed frame until 4am. Breakfast is fine if you get there on time. They do not replenish the food. We had breakfast elsewhere one morning as there was not enough left.

We're very sorry about the fact there wasn't water at the main bathroom, part of this problem happened 'cause is a dry period in Sao Paulo and besides that we've more showers at the hostel working really fine with hot water. The staff was constantly trying to fix it and now the problem is solved. Generally the hostel is very quiet and we don't have night clubs next door. About the breakfast, we do replace food, if something is missing, just ask for help at the front desk, which is 24 hours open.

The staff is pretty good, They are lovely! The beds are very nice. There is a cool bar inside. The bathrooms are really clean. It's not far from the subway.

Really nice atmosphere. Well located, a few blocks from a subway station, from the night life and from a supermarket.

Nice hostel, very well located in Pinheiros but very close (5 min walking distance) to Vila Madalena with all its charm, bars and nightlife. Good beds and a lot of space (particularly in the 11 bed dorm). Basic breakfast but ok. Make sure that you are on time, at the end is not much left. Something to improve.

The hostel was good but it was quite difficult to find as it was set back from the road and there as no sign. This is probably for safety reasons but might be a good idea to put this in the directions :)

Amazing Staff and beds, good breakfast.

I only stayed here for one night, but it was great! The staff was super friendly and helpful, especially with navigating the area, and they let me leave my bags for the day after I technically checked out while I explored Sao Paulo. The hostel is mainly outdoors in a shady courtyard that must be awesome in warm weather, but on the rainy and cold morning that I was there, it was not too much fun.So just be warned that if the weather turns, have the right clothes to sit outside!

• 4th Jul 2015

I had an amazing stay at the Citylighst!!!! The hotel has a lot of charm, congrats guys! Café da manha was complete and very good! A lot of nice people there :) The staff is very cool and helpful, the location is great and totally safe, in Vila Madalena near all the bars! Best hostel in Sao Paulo !!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Bin there in valentine weekend. Arriving there was a small concert preparing which was nice. The day after there was a cloth sail. I t felt like the guests where forgotten about. was a little pittyfull but had an ok time. It's cmean and people are nice.

Good location close to Vila Madalena, good breakfast with fruits. Staff very helpful.