CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

One of the nicest hostels in which i have ever been.

Thanks Bruno. Volte sempre !

I was blown away by how stunning and modern this hostel was. It's a nice change from all the backpacking hostels in other cities when staying in a massive city like SP. Location was OK, close enough to metro to go sightseeing or take a taxi to party at vila magalena. They had the most comfortable beds from all the other hostels in all of Brazil. Breakfast was fine. They have a reception/bar/communal space just steps from the kitchen which works well for meeting people.

UOL !!! Really thanks

Definitely the best hostel in São Paulo. I now consider CityLights my own home!

• 26th Mar 2014

Really cool design and decor, with pretty indoor court yard and open kitchen. Room was great, small but very comfortable with aircon, TV and good shower. Good breakfast with fresh fruit and juices. Location a little out the way but easy to get around with the metro. Friendly staff.

Fantastic location and awesome staff! They answered all of my questions very well. I had a great time here and would gladly come back here again! Lovely chill out atmosphere and great interior design, kinda tropical like but in a very cool way! Close to Vila Madelena and subway which was great! Highly recommended!

Heey, thanks for the excellent review!!

Had a great stay, very modern and clean, lovely rooms. Atmosphere and location perfect!

• 12th Mar 2014

Emily, really thanks. Come back one day

Nice hostel. Location is great, little walk to the metro Faria Lima. Nice staff.

We are very happy that you enjoyed it, keep checking back!

No complaints

Although short I had a fantastic stay. The staff especially Daniel were very helpful with information on what to do around the city. Very Clean and lovely atmosphere. Breakfast included was great!

Hey, thanks for the compliments. Daniel was promoted thanks to your comments.

awesome! clean rooms, air condition and the friendliest stuff. we stayed one night and regretted we couldn't extend. everything was so nice! we highly recommend this place.

Thanks, come back often, ok?

Excellent place for stay in Sao! Most recommend.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Thanks for the recommendation, we continue to work hard to have great service.

Had a great stay here, felt safe, and by far the cleanest/most modern hostel I stayed at in Brazil

Great place!! Clean, friendly staff, good atmosphere

Thank you so much!!!

You dont even have to think it twice: stay at Citylight hostel. Very good location, safe neighbourhood, closed to the metro station and a lot of restaurants. Nice staff and extremely helpful. everything is Brand new. I definitely recommend it.

We are very happy that you enjoyed it, it's always great to receive compliments. We hope to see you soon. CL Team

The staff are the most helpful, friendly people ever!

This hostel is a unique place! You really feel welcomed! Even living in Sao Paulo I decided to pick up a hostel here just to spend a few days away from home and I am really glad I chose the right place to stay (thank you guys for the reviews on HostelWorld). This hostel is indeed a point of light in this city: both owners and staff seem to like what they do and so things tend to work harmonically. Thank you City lighters! p.s: these three days were so pleasant that I am coming back for more!

The hostel staff was excellent, the facilities were great. Only possible reservation would be that there is a lot of communal smoking. People adverse to smoke might be wise to look elsewhere if they plan on being in the communal areas. Other than that - incredible experience

• 25th Oct 2013

City Lights hostel is the perfect choice when staying in Sao Paulo. It's located in one of the coolest and liveliest neighbourhoods - in Pinheiros, walking distance to Vila Madalena and a very well-connected metro. Staff were extremely helpful - not only helping us with our stay in the city, but also assisting us with our ongoing travel plans and booking bus tickets. Top-notch security (need a pin code to enter the hostel). Great common area with good music plaing. And, AMAZING showers!