CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay at the city lights!! I only stayed for a weekend and would stay a lot more! it is just like in the pictures, loved the architecture, the atmosphere and is very close to a metro station! all the staffs i met were very nice nice and helpfull. the only "bad" thing was that the weekend i went there there weren't many guests at the hostel. would totally recomend to anyone!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

cool hostel, very clean and staff were very helpful. bit quiet but perfect if you want to get your head down. breakfast was amazing.

The staff didn't bother to show/tell me anything about the hostel when I arrived. The place has a nice structure, tress around the outside area, the beds are comfortable. But there's only one bathroom on the second floor for a bunch of dormitories.

• 31st Jul 2014

City Lights is a really charming hostel. I was already in love with the pictures, and arriving there was not disappointed at all! The bar and common areas are so pleasing. The room was comfortable, with individual lights and plugs, which I find indispensable. The showers are delightful! Really hot with much water, very helpful for the cold weekend. The staff is quite a attentive, special thanks to Rafael and his valuable tips. Highly recommended hostel, hope to come back for more than a weekend!

Very modern, clean, and beautiful hostel. Only I came during winter and set up of the hostel is not really ideal for the weather!

Really nice hostel. Good location and great staff. Would definitely stay again when in Sao Paulo.

That was really the best hostel i've ever been. It was well decorated- even the 11 bed dorm was spacious. It was so safe- the door has a password. The staff was the best, you just become friends with them all at the end. The location was ok, in a good area and 5 mins to the metro by walking. The breakfast was not so great but still fruits, cereals, bread, etc. I recommend it to everyone.

Hello Nur, We are glad that you had a great time here and happy to known that CityLights is the best hostel that you've been. Indeed the breakfast is not a banquet, but for the prices of the hostel it's preety good, right? Please come back sometime. Cheers!

Could do with more showers indoors. Other than this, a fantastic, well laid out hostel. A pleasure to visit.

Everything was perfect . Just don't do your washing there costs 30r for a tiny basket and they don't even fold it lol . Apart from that I loved it all the staff are super friendly !

Hello Max, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes when the hostel is fully booked is hard for us to fold the clother propely, we are sorry about that. Come back soon. Cheers!

Great hostel with great staff. If you're looking for a lively and busy atmosphere though, visit on a Friday or Saturday if you can.

It´s the best hostel I´ve ever been, very clean, good baths with hot showers, well located, just blocks from the vila madalena´s bar.

Great hostel. located very close to the crowded vila madalena, but not inside of it. Staff were really nice, and the facilities were cool. only disadvantage I felt - only one shower and bathroom in the main building. caused some troubles in the mornings. other than that, great.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Shalom Tal, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Indeed the main bulding just have onebathroom/shower, but when they are busy you can always trie the showers and bathrooms that we have on the first floor. Cheers

It is centrally located and near the metro for easy access to the city. The staff is friendly and very helpful!

Hey Finn, Thanks for your review and come stay with us again! Cheers

Very good .... the only problem its there too loud at nights , it disturbs a litle late at night when you re trying to sleep....

Great staff, nice room, clean, fun atmosphere, close to the metro, and close to a bunch of good restaurants.

Hello Andrew, It's a pleasure to known that our guest are satisfied. Come back when you have a chance.

Everything about this hostel was awesome! I've stayed at hostels all over the world and this is definitely one of my favourites. The location is perfect, every thing you need is close by, metro, partying and food!

Hello Brittany, Are reviews like this that make us proud of our hostel and our work. Come back soon.

pure gold

Tomas, we are very thankful!

City Lights had a commercial advertisement shot on the night we arrived. There was a party the whole night with free Skol beer for those staying there. Making Gringos feel at home. Great idea to get people interested in the place.

Hey Leon, Our party was awesome, right? Here in City Lights everybody is welcome.. gringos and brazilians! Our greater pleasure it's to make people feel at home. Cheers!

Great bar and back patio, not too far from restaurants and bars, comfortable and clean. Really friendly staff too. Overall we had a good albeit short stay here.

Hey Kayla! Thanks for the nice review. We are glad that you had a good stay here. Come back soon!

Great hostel with friendly staff. Atmosphere in the bar our first night was brilliant. Bathrooms and showers were fairly average but otherwise highly recommended

• 14th Jun 2014