CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

City Lights had a commercial advertisement shot on the night we arrived. There was a party the whole night with free Skol beer for those staying there. Making Gringos feel at home. Great idea to get people interested in the place.

Hey Leon, Our party was awesome, right? Here in City Lights everybody is welcome.. gringos and brazilians! Our greater pleasure it's to make people feel at home. Cheers!

Great bar and back patio, not too far from restaurants and bars, comfortable and clean. Really friendly staff too. Overall we had a good albeit short stay here.

Hey Kayla! Thanks for the nice review. We are glad that you had a good stay here. Come back soon!

Great hostel with friendly staff. Atmosphere in the bar our first night was brilliant. Bathrooms and showers were fairly average but otherwise highly recommended

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Never before had I set foot in South America so City Lights Hostel, Sao Paulo was destination number one. I went on to travel South America for 2 months staying in many hostels but City Lights remains my favorite!! I met Daniel on arrival and instantly felt at ease with his relaxed and friendly nature. The hostel design is perfect to encourage interaction with other travelers and within hours I had connected with numerous people sharing memorable times and forming lifelong friendships.

• 10th Jun 2014

Hey Rich, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Our goal here it's to make the journey of our guest amazing. Cheers and come back!

Fantastic staff and location! Very chilled hostel and clean. Close to the subway and Vila Madelena. Love the personal touches such as a hairdryer and straighteners in the female dorms! My fave hostel in all of Sao Paulo, certainly will be back again very soon! Highly recommended :) TOP!

It's a very nice hotel, location, environment, people, the only thing is that there are is only one bathroom/shower in a floor, it's not enough, appart from that it's ok.

Fantastic atmosphere. The staff works tirelessly to make sure you feel welcome and included. It's a very special hostel and the perfect base to explore Sao Paulo. Cannot recommend highly enough.

My stay at the hostel was really nice, nothing to complain! The staff is the best, good beds, good shower, very good music! Very good breakfast and the location it could not be the best. In the most charming neighbor of São Paulo, very easy to walk and go around, and near the metro! The best of all is the environment of the place, you feel like you are home! I had the chance to travel with their Flower Power Alternative Trips, and its was one of the best moments of my year, thank you guys!!!!!!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Its a really chill and beautiful hostel! Very well decorated, really clean bathrooms and kitchen. Everything -location, environment- was so great! This hostel has probably the best staff ever! They were super nice and fun:) thank you !!

Great place with really nice staff!

The hostel has very good location, security and staff, close to subway. But we did not have good sleep, which is also very important to us. The double room is right above the reception and open area, and the door lock has a hole at the size of middle finger, it seems to me is an unfinished work of the room, I'm not saying someone peek through it, but combine with other things, you can hear everything people talking at the open area. In the morning, there are noise from next door at 6:45 am

• 19th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice well designed hostel! Helpful staff I wanted to extend my stay I feel I didn't have enough time in Sao Paulo!

• 19th May 2014

This hostel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. They have anything you might need, I quite enjoyed my stay.

• 14th May 2014

Hostel directions were pretty good, breakfast was pretty good, but there seemed to be too many staff messing around in the evenings playing music whcih I really did´t like and people didn´t seem to want to know each other. The worst thing for me was the beds in my room the 8 bed dorm were next to each other and had no backs so that if someone slept in the bed next to you then your feet could easily touch in the night whcih is not good. I also had some real idiots in my room who took ages to ge

Sorry about the people in your room, you've chosen a shared one, which is by the way very spacious. We also have suits available if need more space and privacy. Sorry about our music, we love it and we have a deal here: we turn CL SOUNDs off everyday at 11pm. And sorry if you didn't spend some quality time with our guests cooking or cheering at CL BAR. Calling them "real idiots" is not a very good way to get to "know each other". Cheers!

1 2 Next » last »