CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great hostel with friendly staff. Atmosphere in the bar our first night was brilliant. Bathrooms and showers were fairly average but otherwise highly recommended

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Never before had I set foot in South America so City Lights Hostel, Sao Paulo was destination number one. I went on to travel South America for 2 months staying in many hostels but City Lights remains my favorite!! I met Daniel on arrival and instantly felt at ease with his relaxed and friendly nature. The hostel design is perfect to encourage interaction with other travelers and within hours I had connected with numerous people sharing memorable times and forming lifelong friendships.

• 10th Jun 2014

Hey Rich, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Our goal here it's to make the journey of our guest amazing. Cheers and come back!

Fantastic staff and location! Very chilled hostel and clean. Close to the subway and Vila Madelena. Love the personal touches such as a hairdryer and straighteners in the female dorms! My fave hostel in all of Sao Paulo, certainly will be back again very soon! Highly recommended :) TOP!

It's a very nice hotel, location, environment, people, the only thing is that there are is only one bathroom/shower in a floor, it's not enough, appart from that it's ok.

Fantastic atmosphere. The staff works tirelessly to make sure you feel welcome and included. It's a very special hostel and the perfect base to explore Sao Paulo. Cannot recommend highly enough.

My stay at the hostel was really nice, nothing to complain! The staff is the best, good beds, good shower, very good music! Very good breakfast and the location it could not be the best. In the most charming neighbor of São Paulo, very easy to walk and go around, and near the metro! The best of all is the environment of the place, you feel like you are home! I had the chance to travel with their Flower Power Alternative Trips, and its was one of the best moments of my year, thank you guys!!!!!!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Its a really chill and beautiful hostel! Very well decorated, really clean bathrooms and kitchen. Everything -location, environment- was so great! This hostel has probably the best staff ever! They were super nice and fun:) thank you !!

Great place with really nice staff!

The hostel has very good location, security and staff, close to subway. But we did not have good sleep, which is also very important to us. The double room is right above the reception and open area, and the door lock has a hole at the size of middle finger, it seems to me is an unfinished work of the room, I'm not saying someone peek through it, but combine with other things, you can hear everything people talking at the open area. In the morning, there are noise from next door at 6:45 am

• 19th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice well designed hostel! Helpful staff I wanted to extend my stay I feel I didn't have enough time in Sao Paulo!

• 19th May 2014

This hostel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. They have anything you might need, I quite enjoyed my stay.

• 14th May 2014

Hostel directions were pretty good, breakfast was pretty good, but there seemed to be too many staff messing around in the evenings playing music whcih I really did´t like and people didn´t seem to want to know each other. The worst thing for me was the beds in my room the 8 bed dorm were next to each other and had no backs so that if someone slept in the bed next to you then your feet could easily touch in the night whcih is not good. I also had some real idiots in my room who took ages to ge

Sorry about the people in your room, you've chosen a shared one, which is by the way very spacious. We also have suits available if need more space and privacy. Sorry about our music, we love it and we have a deal here: we turn CL SOUNDs off everyday at 11pm. And sorry if you didn't spend some quality time with our guests cooking or cheering at CL BAR. Calling them "real idiots" is not a very good way to get to "know each other". Cheers!

Awesome hostel, staff are wicked and are helpful. It's not just a party hostel there is enough space to chill out. The area is cool, close to villa madlena where all the bars and good coffee shops are. It would be nice if there were more hammocks to chill out in.

The chill out area in this moment its almost ready. You have to come back to see this. we are waiting for you, thanks for your review

The best hostel I stayed in Brasil. Clean and large rooms, perfect bathroom and shower, modern design. Staff were very very helpfull and kind, good atmosphere. Felt like home. I'll defenitely go back here!!

UOLLLLL, Very thanks ! COME BACK

The location was great (close to the subway and the Vila Madalena neighborhood...great for nightlife) which is important in a city as big as Sao Paulo! The hostel had a nice environment and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks. Come back, we gonna work hard to be better

Great hostel in a central location close walk to shopping mall and restraunts, staff were friendly and helpful giving us advice of where to go and what to see! push bike and skateboard available to rent for the day, a good way to get around. would stay here again!!

1 2 Next » last »