CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The hostel has very good location, security and staff, close to subway. But we did not have good sleep, which is also very important to us. The double room is right above the reception and open area, and the door lock has a hole at the size of middle finger, it seems to me is an unfinished work of the room, I'm not saying someone peek through it, but combine with other things, you can hear everything people talking at the open area. In the morning, there are noise from next door at 6:45 am

• 19th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice well designed hostel! Helpful staff I wanted to extend my stay I feel I didn't have enough time in Sao Paulo!

• 19th May 2014

This hostel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. They have anything you might need, I quite enjoyed my stay.

• 14th May 2014

Hostel directions were pretty good, breakfast was pretty good, but there seemed to be too many staff messing around in the evenings playing music whcih I really did´t like and people didn´t seem to want to know each other. The worst thing for me was the beds in my room the 8 bed dorm were next to each other and had no backs so that if someone slept in the bed next to you then your feet could easily touch in the night whcih is not good. I also had some real idiots in my room who took ages to ge

Sorry about the people in your room, you've chosen a shared one, which is by the way very spacious. We also have suits available if need more space and privacy. Sorry about our music, we love it and we have a deal here: we turn CL SOUNDs off everyday at 11pm. And sorry if you didn't spend some quality time with our guests cooking or cheering at CL BAR. Calling them "real idiots" is not a very good way to get to "know each other". Cheers!

Awesome hostel, staff are wicked and are helpful. It's not just a party hostel there is enough space to chill out. The area is cool, close to villa madlena where all the bars and good coffee shops are. It would be nice if there were more hammocks to chill out in.

The chill out area in this moment its almost ready. You have to come back to see this. we are waiting for you, thanks for your review

The best hostel I stayed in Brasil. Clean and large rooms, perfect bathroom and shower, modern design. Staff were very very helpfull and kind, good atmosphere. Felt like home. I'll defenitely go back here!!

UOLLLLL, Very thanks ! COME BACK

The location was great (close to the subway and the Vila Madalena neighborhood...great for nightlife) which is important in a city as big as Sao Paulo! The hostel had a nice environment and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks. Come back, we gonna work hard to be better

Great hostel in a central location close walk to shopping mall and restraunts, staff were friendly and helpful giving us advice of where to go and what to see! push bike and skateboard available to rent for the day, a good way to get around. would stay here again!!

One of the nicest hostels in which i have ever been.

Thanks Bruno. Volte sempre !

I was blown away by how stunning and modern this hostel was. It's a nice change from all the backpacking hostels in other cities when staying in a massive city like SP. Location was OK, close enough to metro to go sightseeing or take a taxi to party at vila magalena. They had the most comfortable beds from all the other hostels in all of Brazil. Breakfast was fine. They have a reception/bar/communal space just steps from the kitchen which works well for meeting people.

UOL !!! Really thanks

Definitely the best hostel in São Paulo. I now consider CityLights my own home!

• 26th Mar 2014

Really cool design and decor, with pretty indoor court yard and open kitchen. Room was great, small but very comfortable with aircon, TV and good shower. Good breakfast with fresh fruit and juices. Location a little out the way but easy to get around with the metro. Friendly staff.

Fantastic location and awesome staff! They answered all of my questions very well. I had a great time here and would gladly come back here again! Lovely chill out atmosphere and great interior design, kinda tropical like but in a very cool way! Close to Vila Madelena and subway which was great! Highly recommended!

Heey, thanks for the excellent review!!

Had a great stay, very modern and clean, lovely rooms. Atmosphere and location perfect!

Emily, really thanks. Come back one day

Nice hostel. Location is great, little walk to the metro Faria Lima. Nice staff.

We are very happy that you enjoyed it, keep checking back!

No complaints

Although short I had a fantastic stay. The staff especially Daniel were very helpful with information on what to do around the city. Very Clean and lovely atmosphere. Breakfast included was great!

Hey, thanks for the compliments. Daniel was promoted thanks to your comments.

awesome! clean rooms, air condition and the friendliest stuff. we stayed one night and regretted we couldn't extend. everything was so nice! we highly recommend this place.

Thanks, come back often, ok?

Excellent place for stay in Sao! Most recommend.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Thanks for the recommendation, we continue to work hard to have great service.

Had a great stay here, felt safe, and by far the cleanest/most modern hostel I stayed at in Brazil

1 2 Next » last »