Coroleuhouse-BCN Reviews

Coroleu 33 Bis, Barcelona, Spain

I had a great time at coroleu house, Jose the manager is seriously the nicest and sweetest person I've ever met and makes you feel so welcome and comfortable, thank you Jose! The hostel is a little far away from the center but I liked it because you get a little bit more of a cultural experience, seeing as how it's not right in the middle of touristy attractions, and the food and places to go around the hostel are authentic. I would def stay again hands down

• 28th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed the time I spent at Coroleu! It was my first time both in Europe and in a hostel so this was a great introductory experience. Jose Maria was an amazing host and the facilities were sparkling clean. It is quite far away from downtown, though... The subway ride can be tedious. But other than that, I loved my stay there and would definitely stay there again. Watch out for those steep stairs up to the top-floor dorms, ha ha!

Usually I don`t rate badly - this time I have to. I had canceled my last three nights way in advance directly with the hostel. Nevertheless, I had to pay for these nights a small amount. Additionally, I had to cancel too short-dated the first two nights due to strike in France as my flight was cancelled. I had to pay them completely plus one EUR more "tourist tax". The owner refused to give my a receipt or bill, only if I would mail him my tax ID he would be able to issue one, he said.

The owner of the hostel was really accommodating. He gave us valuable information on what to visit in Barcelona. Our experience was great in every aspect. Thank you very much for everything.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very very friendly. The tips and recommendations were great and it was awesome being able to contact Jose Maria on-the-go and being able to ask him nearby places to go!

• 9th Jun 2014

The guest house was probably the best one I have done! The owner was very nice and really take of you. The neighborhood was great and peaceful. A place to be when you go to Barcelona!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I loved staying here. José María was extremely welcoming and helpful, and the house is in great condition. Although the place is located a bit further from the old city than other options, I didn't feel that this was much of a drawback. Barcelona is pretty compact, and as others have mentioned, it is easy to get to downtown. Also, San Andreu itself is quite interesting and I enjoyed walking around and getting some feel for the lifestyle there.

Staff and the terrace area were just what we needed. Kitchen was good and we appreciated access to a fridge, microwave, tea and coffee and jug etc which have not been that common. Drunks coming back early morning and wanting to buzzed in meant a broken sleep was the only negative. Not having owner on site could be a problem if you have no phone or wifi though.

• 21st May 2014

I had a wonderful time, it was certainly the best place I stayed at. Jose Maria was a terrific host, and was readily available for his guests, even if he wasn't always on site. The location was perfect, as it was in a lovely neighborhood of Barcelona and very easy (and cheap) to get to the city center. Jose Maria had many suggestions on where to go based on your budgets and interests. He loves the city so it was a pleasure to stay there. Everything was comfortable and clean. Perfect Stay!

The hostel is a great place to stay. It's the nicest hostel I have ever been to! You don't actually feel like in a hostel, you feel home. The owner and his mom are very nice and helpful people. They make you feel comfortable immediately. I would definitely go again!

What a fantastic stay at an incredible place! The cleanliness and newness of the place is far nicer than any hostel I've ever stayed in...located in a cool quiet little neighborhood that's only about 10 min metro ride to sightseeing or partying areas. The owner is super hospitable and helpful, guides you to the best kept secrets off the tourist path. We could not have asked for a better stay. Thanks so much!!

One of my favourite hostels on our trip. Very clean, bright and modern. Hose Maria was a lovely host. Gave us lots of inside tips about places to eat and visit. Would recommend! :-)

We had a wonderful time at Coroleuhouse! Jose Maria was a great host, telling us how to get everywhere, what to see, and where to eat! Though it is not in the center of the city, it was nice to come back after a long day in the sun and relax in the quiet neighborhood in Sant Andreu, and since its not in the center there are lots of locals, with good places to eat that are not as expensive! It's just a quick subway ride to wherever you want to go! Everything was very clean and neat!

• 9th May 2014

Our stay in Barcelona would not have been the same without Coroleu-House! It was more than a second home than a hostel and that was because of the enthusiasm and kindness of our host, Jose Maria. He has lots of inside tips about where to visit and eat, as well as how to get everywhere. The hostel is super clean and there's a local supermarket nearby for cheap food. Will definitely be back! If you're visiting Barcelona, you have to stay here! - From Hope and Martin

• 5th May 2014

We had a lovely stay in Barcelona - the Sant Andreu neighbourhood is great and we followed Jose Maria's helpful tips whenever we ate out. My only point for improvement would be that the bunk beds were rather creaky - anything you can do about that, Jose Maria? But we were delighted with the hostel.

i was delighted with every aspect of Coroleuhouse. Felt comfortable and safe, the facilities were marvellous, perfect position for exploring Barcelona. On top of that Jose Maria was the perfect host, friendly, warm and always helpful.

• 6th Apr 2014