Downtown Belgrade Hostel

Very Good 433 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Feb 2017
4.6

Terrible experience. No lockers in rooms. No locks on doors to the room. Caught roommate trying to steal my purse - rather than being ejected from the hostel, he was simply moved to a different room. The next night I put my bag into the locked room - had to wait fifteen minutes or so for the staff member on shift to turn up so I could do so. Staff member on night shift was talking and being noisy well into the early hours both nights I was staying. I don't recommend at all.

14th Jan 2017
5.1

the only good thing was jasmine, she was really nice and helpful, but the girl on the night shift was just hugging her boyfriend and she let a lot of NON GUESTS inside, and for 2 days the same people stayed in the lobby talking loud until 4am, and they SMOKED INSIDE (the hostel had a balcony), the smoke came into the room, and someone (probably a non guest) STOLE our yogurt and opened our butter, the shower is hot only for the first 5 mins, and more, cant fit all complaints here, i have more

• rebecca_hannemann6703
  • Germany, Female, 25-30
21st Dec 2016
6.0

This place is cheap and by the train station, I get it. That's why I chose to come. But out of the following reasons I would suggest going to a different place: 1.) if you arrive at night and go to the train station, you will go down a dark and sketchy street with homeless people and drunks. 2.) once you arrived at the building: the first thing you smell in the first and second floor is urine. 3.) although it says everywhere that things should be kept quiet after

8th Oct 2016

Had a great time here!! Excellent location right by the train and bus station. I ended up extending for a couple more days. I would recommend staying here for the staff alone. They're really nice people!!

23rd Sep 2016
5.7

The staffs are really nice but the overall environment of the hostel is not good. There is a TV in my room but was unplug (turn out I discover there is no sufficient socket in the room). Lots of mosquitos in my room, cleaniness of the hostel is barely acceptable.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
18th Sep 2016
7.7

Good location and awesome friendly staff! Security is pretty shocking here as they don't give you any key or card because the doors are always open. And no personal lockers but there is a storage room where you can put valuables. Otherwise decent hostel and you get what you pay for.

• Serbia, Mixed Group, 25-30
17th Sep 2016

I was having a really nice time in Downtown hostel. Hosts were very kind and they met all our the needs.

• Croatia, Male, 41+
16th Sep 2016

Great place in the city centre of Belgrade.Everything is really close and walking distance. Staff is very pleasant and helpfull.Very clean,safe and comfortable place with nice wide angle panoramic view at Belgrade.Highly reccomanded and I will come back again for sure.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016

I had a great time at Downtown Belgrade Hostel. Perfect location, incredibly friendly and helpful staff, free rakija and great atmosphere. I got an amazing deal for a really low price, I wish I could have stayed longer. I definitely recommend this place.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2016

I could not have stayed in a nicer, more friendlier hostel. The girls that work here are the kindest and most sweetest girls ever. They are so helpful and couldn't have been more kind and generous if they tried. I was travelling on my own and they made me feel so welcome, it was like staying with family. I had a really terrible experience with a taxi driver late one night and came in to the hostel really upset. The staff here made me feel so much better. I could not recommend this hostel enough.