Downtown Washington Hostel Reviews

This is a great Hostel, the location is perfect and you can walk to all the tourists stuff. The staff is super nice and helps you with everything. It's one of the cleanest Hostels I've ever seen. Furthermore the Hostel is doing some events where you can meet people if youre traveling alone :)

• 12th Apr 2014

Good hostel. Second time going and the renovations they made were great. Very clean facilities and very friendly and accommodating staff. Will definitely use again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hostel location is great, the staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. My room was filled with beds and cramped and there was frequently a wait to use a bathroom.

The location is great. I like it is simple and feel really comfortable there. Maybe additional restrooms/bathrooms would make this hostel much better.

Excellent, location, great times all around.

The staff was very friendly. But there were so many rules, some of them I could not really understand the purpose. Not having locked rooms was not making me comfortable.

• 8th Apr 2014

Good location, be sure to exit at H street exit if you are taking coach / bus to Washington D.C, then you will just have to walk straight back down to between 5th and 6th avenue. Suggest the hostel to add this route for those who are taking coach as well. Friendly staffs, who will do a house tour for all those who checked in, and run through rules clearly. No wifi on the 1st/2nd floor, I guess the connection is just bad from the G floor so you cant use wifi in room

The staff was great. Very nice evening activities everyday! Very relaxed atmosphere.

Good location. Within walking distance of Union station and Capitol Hill. Friendly atmosphere, well equipped kitchin. Shame about the longest checkin and "tour" of hostel I have ever experienced! 45 mins might be friendly and welcoming to some guests but we found extremely patronising and frustating as most hostel expectations are the same the world over! Bathrooms/toilet facilities a little limited for number of beds available. But good value, clean and well equipped kitchin are all positives!

Good place to meet people!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Israel

The hostel is in a great location, about a ten minute walk from Union Station. The staff was also really helpful and friendly. My only complaint is that there were only a few bathrooms for the whole hostel, leading to wait times during the morning shower rush.

• 6th Apr 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at Downtown DC Hostel because the staff was very friendly, I felt safe and the kitchen was really nice if you're on a budget, but no laundry service. The hostel was a 10 to 15 minute walk from Union Station where you could catch a Circulator bus for $1 or ride the metrorail. My only recommendation is to bring earplugs and an eye mask because the other people in the dorm rooms will leave really early and arrive late. THANK YOU!

• 6th Apr 2014

Awesome staff, and a good place for the price.

• 5th Apr 2014

The location was good, a short walk away from Union Station. However once we arrived to DC, we learned that the hostel is in an area that used to be really run down and unsafe. It apparently is getting better but is considered to be still a bit unsafe. We got to the hostel at 2am and the staff was there to help us settle in which was really great. I've personally never been in a room with so many people (12 beds) and it was hard to sleep because someone was always snoring. Decent Stay.

I liked the location, and the staff were friendly. The bathroom situation was very unfortunate. There are several bathrooms but some only have showers and not toilets. There are cameras throughout the inside of the hostel that made me very uncomfortable.There were "room checks" throughout the day and night, sometimes without knocking. Not being able to eat in the room was inconvenient, but just like the no shoe rule, it did lend to a very clean location.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The hostel has a good location, a walk away from Union Station. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside was the noise of the traffic passing by the hostel. You could hear it clearly through the windows. I hope they got their new fan up and running :)

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Finland

The staff is really friendly. Some others complain about the lack of bathroom, but I found it OK - they have 5 - 6 around the building for 50 people. As long as you don't try to shower during the rush hour, it should be fine. The only complaint I have is about the direction from Union Station. I arrived at Union Station at around 10pm and walked along a few people-less streets before I reached the hostel. It is a nice walk, but probably not one new to the city would want to take at night.

• Hong Kong

Fine well-managed hostel very convenient to Union Station and Capitol Hill. Quiet respectful atmosphere. Good access to public trans and a supermarket a few doors down. What more could you want except space and privacy and this IS a hostel after all.

• 31st Mar 2014

It would be better if we were allowed to wear shoes or slippers inside the hostel. The facilities in the kitchen are pretty convenient for customers.

• China

A nice location, with a staff, that I would have loved to stay around for longer. If you want to party, this is the hostel-to-be. I can totally recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6