Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I spent a week in Dragon Hostel in Feb 2015. I thought it was a fine hostel and would probably return. The first receptionist I encountered didn't speak any English who meant he had to call someone every time. Also, the won't give you a key to the hallway door - very annoying. And bring your own lock! The lockers are in a different section and they won't give you a key to those either. Also I slept below an incredibly busy street - don't do that. Otherwise, decent place.

I spent 10 days there. It was really nice. It was my 2nd time to stay there. Steven and other staff were really helpful, never rude and all of them can speak English fluently. It would be great if they have common area where guests can socialize more. Also, entire hostel is very clean (they clean every morning!) Toilets are really clean. Highly recommendable. p.s. I was in a private room, so I didn't have any problem with security. Anyway, I didn't notice lockers anywhere.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was good. The rooms were good.

Had to pay for a towel which seemed a bit cheap. Apart fom that, I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed here a few times now - the location and value just cannot be beat for this area. If you're staying in the single, it has more the feel of a hotel - I wouldn't recommend the place if you're looking for a true hostel atmosphere, but if you a good place to stay on your own for a few nights it's a great place to stay.

The stay was wonderful. My only complaints are a lack of electrical ports, weak WiFi at the back room, and a room to hang out. But those are small complaints and I would stay again if I had the chance.

Nice and helpful staff.

Location is very good

Despite the room is small, but still I can feel quite comfortable. The receptionits was friendly and helpful

Just what we needed as it was just a base to sleep, rooms are very small! But it's what you'd expect for the price in such a cental location. Located right next to the MTR station which you will need to go to get everywhere! located right near the markets as well and lots of shops near by. Staff very friendly whenever we needed help.

• 27th Jan 2015

We were travelling with 4 kids and the staff at dragon hostel were amazing by helping us and accomodating us. The location is great and it was very clean. The staff was very very friendly and helpful. I would recommend dragon hostel to everyone.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

No lockers, No plugs to charge your phone. No reading light.

There were no individual lockers for our luggage, neither any shower towel for rent. There were no individual plugs to charge our phones near our beds. Only one plug per room, and in a very unconvenient spot.

It's my second time to stay there in Dragon Hostel. Dragon Hostel always delivers and meet my expectations. Keep it up!

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

nice little 4 bed mixed dorm, with shower-toilet attached. shower toilet is a combo, means you can shower and toilet at the same time. this also means the toilet is very clean, as it is always being washed. small, but this is Hong Kong style. just wish there was a bigger and nicer common room. we made friends in the dorm. cheers dragon hostel.

Staff is very accomodating and knowledgeable. They also sell HK disney, Ocean park, and roundtrip tickets to Macau at a lesser price. Food around the area is also good. If staying here, make sure to ask the staff where the food center is and you'll definitely have fresh from market food (of course with the market ambiance as well). Location is great, just a few steps awy from D2 exit of Mongkok station. For the shoppers, the ladies market is a stone throws away from the vicinity.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

I stayed at the Dragon Hostel two weeks ago for 4 days. It's true that finding a proper hostel in HK kan be difficult, especially if you want to be located somewhere central. Mong Kok is absolutely a great place to stay due to its vibrant atmosphere. If you're on a visa run or something than this place is pretty decent, however if you're looking to connect with fellow travellers this is not the place you want to stay. There is absolutely no atmosphere of any kind.

• 13th Jan 2015

Location this ok and staff very good

1 2 Next » last »