Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

+ Great location and value for money - Peeling wallpaper, 14" CRT TV and poor WiFi coverage

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

This is the third time my friends and I have stayed at this hostel. It is one of the best hostels I have been to, and their high quality continues to please us.

I had a nice stay!!! It´s just pretty hard to find the first time.

• 10th Jan 2014

Simple and cheap hostel but very very small rooms and toilets.

Enjoyed the stay. Staff was friendly, close to a knock off night market and entertainment street. Great food all around the hostel. 5 min walk to the subway station. I would stay there again.

At the time I booked it, this was the cheapest hostel in HK for a single room. While not a particularly large room (roughly the size of a college dorm), it had a TV, bed, heater/AC unit, AC plug (you could get an adaptor for free). There was one shared bathroom/shower, but there was never any wait for it. Everything there was compact, but efficient, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. The only slight problem was that sometimes the door to the hallway with the rooms was unlocked/open.

• 28th Dec 2013

The location is excellent and staff are extremely helpful. It was good value and we certainly will use Dragon Hostel Hong Kong again if we travel to that part of the world.

• 21st Dec 2013

I told them I' have to cancel my booking more than 3 days before I was supposed to arrive. And they even replied me for it. But they didn't refund me money. not even one penny.

The location is very good for shopping. When u dropped of shopping u can go your room for take a rest then continue for shopping. In the night time it's not any fear. I was back from LKF at 2.30 am but more people still walking on the street. Near MTR for going in everywhere. Much more shop on the 1st floor.

Stayed 4 nights (7-11/12/13). Overall is ok! Booked double room but got into triple room on first night and need to move on second night to double room for other nights which is good for us! Since the hotel has many rooms in the building (each 'big' room has 4-5 guest roooms), first night we got into room on different floor of hostel office. The room is old and not clean with hairs and some garbages. Second night in the room which is in the same 'big' room of hostel office was nice&clean&new

Clean rooms and good service. Highly recommended for budget travellers.

helpful & polite staff who provide accurate information & good advices. our room has a window which i unexpected but great arrangement .

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Difficult to stay in a room without a window.

the hostel was perfect for a short stay on a low budget. It is very well located next to Monkok station, shopping area is literally outside and plenty of places to eat. The room was a small box room with a double bed and tv, the shower/toilet was just outside in the corridor. As with many of the hostels in HK you have to shower over the toilet. I am generally not fussy with hostels and all i wanted was a clean place to sleep which I can say I got 100%.

• 11th Nov 2013

My parents, my sister and I (4 adults) stayed there for four days and We were very satisfied. Aside from the excellent location, they had discounted tickets and exact easy to follow directions to all the tourist spots and even for the macau ferry as well. We were able to communicate easily with the staff and the room we had (quad) was comfortable enough for the price that we paid. Will definitely recommend and come back in the future.

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

The lady staffs should know how to speak in english because it is difficult to communicate with them if you have concerns. And if the room is occupied, they should not use it for room viewing with the other person who wants to see the room because it is disrespectful. One of the lady staffs there did that to us while we are inside the room. She knocked very loud, and let the other person see us. Privacy should be maintained or sample room pictures should be provided.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

NIce location to shop around, close to traditional style shopping stands called 'Women street'.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Should train your staff how to handle customers in a more proper manner.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

There are no windows, the room is realy small and smells badly. Otherwise is the room clean, the smell comes from no posibility to get fresh air. The Hotel is cheap and now we now why.

At first glance, you will feel this hostel is small, crappy and old. But after staying for 5 days, it turn out to be “Hey, this place is really not so bad”. The room is cleaned every day, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is excellent – surrounded by good foods, cheap shops/stalls and less than 5 minutes away from MTR station. You can eat and buy almost everything here. They even sell tickets at discounted price. I will choose this hostel in my next visit.

• 30th Oct 2013