El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Fantastic hostel in a great location. Staff are very friendly- and this place always has a great vibe about it.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Nice and big hostel in awesome neighboorhood, airco in the rooms, clean sheets every day, breakfast was ok.

Stayed 5 nights, enjoyed my stay. Air-conditioning in all rooms is amazing considering how warm it is here all day. Excellent location to all areas of town. Staff are all friendly and helpful, all speak english too!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff were amazing and were very very kind to us when I got food poisoning - they gave up their private bathroom to me for a whole night! They made our stay there really great and we would go back. Thanks Viajero staff, especially Miriam!

• 19th Aug 2014

Excellent location and staff, really enjoyed my stay. Annoyingly the water cut out for half my stay but that was for the whole town and wasn´t their fault!

• 19th Aug 2014

Cant put into words how great this place is. Great location, super safe, and awsome atmoshere but, the real value is in the staff !!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Once again amazing. This is my second stay and I would keep doing it. This time we played soccer organized by Jason, gracias Jason and we had a blast playing next to the muralla. Of course the area very safe clean and comfortable. Always able to drink with the people you meet or chill out and read a book I'm peace. Breakfast included that I cannot complain and wifi that let's you do it all. It was overall a great experience and I look forward to my next stay. Thanks everyone at Viajero!

El Viajero is very big and I'd say it's more run like a hotel.The cleaniest hostel I stayed in colombia and amazing atmosphere too.Unlike other hostels though, you do not have priority over your bed in the dorms and must pay in advance for how many nights you will stay.Unaware of this, I had to check-out and check-in for 2 mornings in order to change dorms.The staff is ok, like most hostels in the coast, they are mostly apathetic to you or your needs and always speak with an authorative tone.

Great way to end a multi-country South America trip. Like others say, it is a big hostel, but for some reason it never feels crowded. I think most people wind up leaving and roaming around Cartagena during the day. No complaints, was a great choice, glad I stayed here!

I met great people there :)

Alex was super friendly, had lots of great advice on what to do in the area and made all our bookings for us. Lockers under the beds and safes available for your valuables which was good too. Location was perfect, right in the old town where everything is. There´s also a bar with good prices and a really nice vibe for meeting people. Good working air-con, just make sure you ask them to turn it on.

Typical Viajero Hostel. Highly organized and clean. Breakfast is basic with bread, cereal, fruit, coffee. Only drawback is the property can get uncomfortably hot. Only place with fans is the front room. AC on in the evening in the rooms.

Really nice place in a good spot in Cartagena, inside the Cidade Amuralhada, 5min walk to the Clock Tower, restaurants and a market(grocery) close by. Great atmosphere to meet people, great staff, they will help you with anything. A lot of activities in the hostel (soccer, dancing classes, nightclub crawl), fair priced bar in it. Ar conditioner, that's a must if you're staying in this painfully hot city :D

The hostel is in a good part of town and is clearly very busy. The beds were comfy but the rooms were a bit cold and clean enough, but in comparison to other places I'd stayed weren't the cleanest. There are plenty of bathrooms and showers, which is a really good point. Staff are good and helpful with tours, etc.

Super hostel, have stayed before and would stay again!

Loved el Viajero hostel! Great location, great staff. Especially Alex and Jason were very helpfull and friendly. Would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone travelling Cartagena!

First and foremost the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, which made for a delightful first experience at El Viajero. The rooms were quite comfortable (even the shared dorms), and the back bar area was super chilled. No matter the time, the hostel staff were happy to answer any and all questions regarding local food, day trips, and directions. They also helped in booking busses and travel plans. All in all, I definitely recommend El Viajero as the hostel of choice in Cartagena.

• 10th Aug 2014

The hostel is a great base, they have big underbed lockers for your bag and smaller lockers for your valuables. There Patio area is also nice in the evening where everyone is socialising however the drinks and food they have on offer are expensive and you can get much cheaper elsewhere. They are also really lacking on a pool... It's so hot in the day you don't really have anywhere you can chill out unless you sit in the heat, or go inside. The showers and kitchen area are also dirty.

• 9th Aug 2014

The staff is not always friendly... And not talkative when you ask for informations.

stayed in an 6 bed dorm, this hostel has excelent location (in the old town, next to restaurantes, market, clubs) good general atmosphere and nice staff. loved the common space like the bar and the patio.

• 8th Aug 2014