El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Nice hostel, not crazy party so was nice and chill plenty areas for hanging around etc.. Kitchen could do with some more pots, pans etc... Would stay again!

Everything you want in a hostel. Really cool lay out, rooms are spread out around a courtyard. You can sit outside your dorm and meet people. Helpful staff, fast wifi and great overall facilities. No hot water in the showers which in Cartagena's heat is brilliant, best shower I've had in a hostel! AC in every room is a lifesaver! Close to everything. Highly recommend!

Nice hostel with a good party atmosphere. The private rooms are good because you can control your own air con temperature. You can't do that in the dorms, and they turn the air con off during the day which makes it hard to nap. It gets freaken hot in Cartagena!! One of the guys got some massive spider bits all over his back from a dorm room bed. Management were good though. They took full responsibility and paid for the cream to treat it and had him move room. No apology though..

• 21st Sep 2014

Rooms are ok and so is bathroom and toilets. Quite big place, though no exactly a party hostel. Usually the bar is a bit noisy until midnight , but quiet thereafter. Would stay again.

Will definitely recommend this hostel. Excellent location, super clean and nice atmosphere.

I love everything and everyone !! And I will come back soon as possible !! ;)

• 9th Sep 2014

Hostel was very social! People you met at the Hostel were super friendly as well! Had a college/adult vibe to it so it was great! The rooms with the AC are a necessity and glad that they had it! Staff was very helpful and super friendly! I would definitely come back if ever I am back in Cartagena!

Thank you very much for your comment! Cheers from all the staff! We waited again anytime! :)

I stayed with my partner and they had a great private room facility a couple of doors down from the main hostel with fantastic rooms, nice breakfast just outside room and in room air con. located perfectly within walking distance from a square with bars and restaurants. reception was always helpfull and was happy to tell us of hotspots of Cartagena. would definitely stay again!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Ok hostel. Under-bed lockers are annoying with large backpacks. Staff set the air-con to freezing; ask for the remote from reception to set it to something more sensible. Good wifi, patchy in some areas. Nice vibe in the bar area.

We were in the annex which is a bit more quiet than the main hostel. Good starting point for our Colombia trip. Helpful staff. Cartagena is quite expensive in general but this did feel a bit pricey for a hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014

This hostel is a good choice when you stay in Cartagena! With their bar and the other shared facilities it is easy to get in touch withother travellers and talk about further travels, life and chitchat! I stayed in a 6 bed dorm with airconditioning (you will neeeed an airconditioning) and it was very pleasant. The breakfast includes fresh fruit, toast and cereals and thats all you need. The neighborhood seemed safe and it was close to all the important sights in Cartagena!

It was quite good, friendly atmosphere, many tourists stay here. Good place to trip to walled city also.

Overall I think this place is a little over hyped. My boyfriend and I stayed in the annex building which is just separate from the main hostel in a double private and felt like we were in the middle of a construction site as they were remodeling the room next door. Waking up to hammering at 6am is not ideal on vacation. You can also get much more for your money at other hotels in the area (we found a place cheaper and nicer with an ensuite bathroom which we didn't get at El Viajero).

We regret that your experience was not good! We take note of your suggestions! Cheers from all the staff!

Very clean and well organized. Suficient breakfast and good offer of trips and local "adventures".

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your comment! We are delighted that your stay has been good and we expect you soon again in the hostel! Greetings from all the staff at El Viajero!

Bedrooms and toilets could be cleaner. Bed is confortable. Very cool bar area for everyone to get to know each other. Wi-fi didnt really work in my bedroom (number 1) Friendly staff.

Best hostel of the trip! The bartenders Alex and Alexandria are amazing!!If you're looking for a good time you MUST stay at this hostel

Thank you very much for your comment! Regards from all the staff at El Viajero!

Completely gringo party hostel. People are here to party. There were people from everywhere. Lots of people from brazil here. If you like meeting a lot of people in the hostel itself (and are good at meeting people) then this is the hostel for you. I thought the hostel was just too big and there were too many people. I would preferred a less crowded hostel. The breakfast in the morning was adequate and filling. The laundry was exorbitantly expensive.

Thank you for your comment!

We stayed in a private double in the annex. It was extremely loud. The front desk had an indifferent attitude toward guests and were not very friendly.

We regret that your experience was not good! Now take into account your feedback to improve! Cheers from all the staff!

Hard beds, robotic staff, with everything ridiculously overpriced from the dorms to the bottled water. The boasted breakfast is stale and air con only kicks in when the sun goes down - leaving a tiny tv room for 100 guests to squish into to relieve themselves from the heat.

We take into account your comments! Greetings!

The staff was extremely helpful. They are very resourceful of all sorts of information and able and willing to share information. I had the pleasure of striking up a friendship with Francisco and he generously brought me to Boca Chica for a real local treat :) A man who has lived through lots and has a genuine heart! It amazes me how he keeps such an uplifting energy and constantly smiling. Will return again for sure!

Thank you very much for your comment! I hope soon again! Cheers from all the staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7