El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

AMAZING hostel! One of the greatest in South America. Super nice staff, great location. Offers tours, classes, has a exciting bar, it's clean. You'll meet great friends there! Could be better: The lockers could be safer, more plugs in the dorms.

Great location, helpful staff and good value for money. I highly recommend this hostel. If you're lucky like me you will get to meet interesting and fun travelers. Cheers.

Breakfast is OK. Showers felt like camp but big & pretty clean. bathrooms kinda far for the middle of the night. AC only on during certain hours. Beds are good. Good mix of people - young / old, various countries, etc. Atmosphere was mixed - lots of events organized but there wasn't a social vibe there. Many different common areas, which I thought was nice but maybe spread everyone out too much. Staff could have been more helpful, clear & excited with tour information & help. Awesome location.

Good (safe) location. Fun atmosphere. Clean (except pillows and mattress). Overpriced.

• 16th Apr 2015

Great location, can walk to everywhere in Cartagena. Not very exciting place if you are looking to party. We found the bar area pretty boring! Staff are nice, especially Carlos. Expensive for what you get!

Really great and helpful staff! The set out if the hostel is really good for meeting new people. They also have free salsa lessons and lots of activities to choose from. I really enjoyed staying here! Cheers!

We had a great time at El Viajero. The nightly activities and courtyard bar make it very easy to get to know other travelers. The staff were also very helpful in telling us about sites around the hostel and giving us insider tips for the city. They also seemed to be proactive with cleaning and maintenance of the whole hostel area, just could use some more utensils in the kitchen. Would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Apr 2015

This hostel is fine. Clean enough and inside the walled city. However if u want to go out at night better to stay in a hostel on media Luna street as the streets in the walled city are very quiet at night.

Staff can be unfriendly and rude. I tried to book the mud volcano tour, and one of them told me it was full even though I found out seconds later that it wasn't. She seemed like she just didn't want to call the office and check since it was a last minute booking. But I only found trouble with two out of the many staff there. Others were pretty kind.

Very nice atmosphere! The hostel is also very close to many very nice restaurants and bars!

Great place, staff is great, please get more fans for the outside and more cameras for the streets not just in front of the hostel. Tourist are all over and people know this a hostel so it would be safer to have more cameras with more of the street view to see what is going on.

Nice hostel. Met there some amazing people. When you want to book something that they don't book every day then it's so exhausting. Better try it by your own.

Was pretty good but lacked atmosphere when I was there. Room also way over air conditioned. Otherwise friendly staff and good facilities.

I stayed during the Holy Week (Semana Santa) so the prices were high. However, I met tons of people, enjoyed the location and free breakfast (though they weren't always completely prepared on time), and would stay there again. I was not happy when they sold me the boat trip to Playa Blanca and said that it was "the same as the van option except it would include lunch and would get us to playa blanca in about an hour". We only had two hours to actually enjoy the beach!! Go with the van!

It was good overall. There were just two sockets per each room of eight people which is no reasonable taking in count that travellers recharge their phones and cameras. The breakfast is good, has got fruits on it.

This place was great. Right near a ton of cool bars and restaurants and places to go out but the hostel itself was very quiet and relaxing. Definitely not a party hostel but that's what's so nice about this place. You can book tours and transportation with the front desk and they are incredibly helpful and patient with foreigners' Spanish.

Great Place, wonderful located

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Costa Rica

Pretty good hostel. The dorms have a large locker under the bed for your luggage and a safe deposit box for your valuables. It's really nice to have those things in a hostel. They have activities and it's an open and fun atmosphere. The only thing that sucks is they turn off the air conditioning in the dorm during the day, so forget about sleeping during the day. It's way hot in Cartagena. Seems like a really young crowd but it was also spring break when I was there so who knows.

Good hostel, great if you are traveling alone and want to meet people, as there are many possibilities to get to know each other (bar, hammocks, kitchen, breakfast in the mornings,..).

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Really good hostel in a great location. Staff was really friendly. They cleaned our room every day. The only bad thing that I could say is that they turn off the air conditioner during the day and that the free breakfast is in fact only some bread and cereal. The wifi collapses a certain times of day when everybody is at the hostel. Apart from that I really enjoyed my stayed and I definitively recomend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7