El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

It's an amazing Hostel

the security locks are out dated and hard to figure out on your own, I didn't worry too much about others though. there are lockers underneath the beds but the latches are small as well. party hostel with some less than stellar guests, the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed but loosened up and had fun at night, dance classes were a great place to meet others. it was great being able to walk in and out without problems 24/7

I found it annoying having make my own bed before sleeping in it.

The hostel El Viajero is superbly located at the heart of the historic centre of Cartagena. The rooms have air-conditioning which feels like heaven when it's 35°C outside. Nice common areas and lots of organized tours and free activities: I recommend the Tuesday workout and dance lessons. The breakfast is included and perhaps the only thing I would improve: it's quite basic and the fact that we are required to wash our own dishes means that the cutlery is often not there or not very clean.

Built for a great atmosphere and organising events to meet people! My first salsa class also!

Good wifi all over the hostel, inc the rooms. We stayed in the 6 person mixed dorm and the air con worked great. Lockers under the bed and safety deposit box in the room. Has two kitchens and enough showers/toilets to accommodate the large number of guests. Only negatives were that the rooms backed out onto communial areas so can be a bit noisey and the breakfast is pretty basic.

Good location in the old town close to everything and the staff were helpful. Showers could have been better

Loved this hostel! I would definitely stay again.

Location is awesome. Found the staff quite helpful, I think sometimes they just get bored - gave me a big 'Welcome Back!' The dancing in the evening was entertaining - to watch. Separate tv room is a good idea. Breakfast is included, it looked abit average , so I went and had empanadas around the corner at the big tree. Supermarket is super handy. Sneaked into Hotel Movivich for a free swim - was amaaaazing. I stayed here both times I stayed in Cartegena, and would again.

Nice enough hostel in a decent location but there are much better options in cartagena for the price you pay here

My boyfriend asked the guy on the front desk what time do the buses leave to go to Santa Marta. The guy failed to tell him that the hostel has 2 buses that run daily, so we wasted time and money making our own way to the bus station! I stayed there for 2 nights & on the second morning I found a bed bug in my bed. I didn't realise what it was, then I noticed my legs had been bitten loads!! I reported it to the lady on the front desk and she didn't seem bothered! I didn't even get an apology!!!

It was alright. A bit dirty, a bit hot and a bit loud. Cartagena is general is more expensive than other cities.... I met nice people and had a good stay!

Great location, staff, rooms and activities. They only need more charging plugs in each room.

• 7th Jun 2015

Really nice vibe here and lot's of activities advertised by staff. Everything you really need from a hostel plus working AC which most people worship!

Receptionist are VERY cold. Each time I asked them a question, I seemed to bother them. @manager of the hostel: recruit passionate people! The hostel is also too big for me. I like smaller hsotels as they are more intimate and you can easily meet people. Apart from that, excellent experience overall.

• 6th Jun 2015

Should provide more handouts about the city and things to do- even a map would have been very helpful!

• 5th Jun 2015

Great place to stay, have fun and meet people. Just loved it!

Highly recommended. All rooms have aircon - essential in Cartagena! Good chilled atmosphere, head to the media Luna party on Wednesday night.

Great Stay in Cartagena. The hostel is perfect. Air Con in ALL rooms, good breaffast, big areas to socialize. Out door Bar, TV Room with air con to get away from the heat of the city.

Good hostel, nothing amazing though. Lockers are under the beds which I find a bit annoying but thats just personal preference. Good location in the old town, easy to walk everywhere. Rooms are spacious and have AC, however you have to ask at the front desk everyday to turn the AC on. Fairly expensive for what it is, but Cartagena is an expensive town. Breakfast was okay, but don't expect much between 9.30-10.00 - they don't really replenish it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7