El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Hostel was very social! People you met at the Hostel were super friendly as well! Had a college/adult vibe to it so it was great! The rooms with the AC are a necessity and glad that they had it! Staff was very helpful and super friendly! I would definitely come back if ever I am back in Cartagena!

I stayed with my partner and they had a great private room facility a couple of doors down from the main hostel with fantastic rooms, nice breakfast just outside room and in room air con. located perfectly within walking distance from a square with bars and restaurants. reception was always helpfull and was happy to tell us of hotspots of Cartagena. would definitely stay again!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

It was quite good, friendly atmosphere, many tourists stay here. Good place to trip to walled city also.

Overall I think this place is a little over hyped. My boyfriend and I stayed in the annex building which is just separate from the main hostel in a double private and felt like we were in the middle of a construction site as they were remodeling the room next door. Waking up to hammering at 6am is not ideal on vacation. You can also get much more for your money at other hotels in the area (we found a place cheaper and nicer with an ensuite bathroom which we didn't get at El Viajero).

Very clean and well organized. Suficient breakfast and good offer of trips and local "adventures".

• 4th Sep 2014

Completely gringo party hostel. People are here to party. There were people from everywhere. Lots of people from brazil here. If you like meeting a lot of people in the hostel itself (and are good at meeting people) then this is the hostel for you. I thought the hostel was just too big and there were too many people. I would preferred a less crowded hostel. The breakfast in the morning was adequate and filling. The laundry was exorbitantly expensive.

We stayed in a private double in the annex. It was extremely loud and there were workers doing construction all around our room inside the hostel, which made sleep very difficult. The front desk had an indifferent attitude toward guests and were not very friendly. We found multiple cleaner and nicer double rooms in hotels around Cartagena for less money including ensuite bathroom after our initial stay at this hostel.

Normally I don't leave reviews but it has to be known to all this is without question the single most money-hungry, atmosphere-less, laughable excuse for a hostal I've ever been to. Hard beds, robotic staff, with everything ridiculously overpriced from the dorms to the bottled water. The boasted breakfast is stale and air con only kicks in when the sun goes down - leaving a tiny tv room for 100 guests to squish into to relieve themselves from the heat.

The hostel is large with dozens of travelers at the site at all times. It is not small and quaint, but often like a large party going on in the lobby, at the bar in the back courtyard, and/or outside the dormitories. I typically prefer smaller hostels, but this hostel did a good job of being clean, having enough showers/bathrooms, offering AC in all rooms, info about day trips, Wifi, etc. Breakfast is white bread, cereal, juice. Overall good experience, would book again.

I really liked staying at this hostel. The staff is very friendly. Alsk I think it is great that there is AC. You could leave the airconditioner on during the afternoon as sometimes it would be nice to nap in the room. Also in the shower the hangers are too small, you could put bigger ones. Mybe also put wifi in the dorms. It is really nice that breakfast is included, it is very good.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

This is an OK hostel. Tons of people stay here. I'm pretty sure it is fully booked every night - and it's a very large hostel. So you will meet a lot of other travelers here. This is not a hostel where the staff is really caring and wants you to have a great experience - the staff here was pretty unapproachable. Any time I asked a question I felt like they just wanted me to go away. I had this experience with maybe 5 different people over the course of my stay.

It was a good experience and I would stay there again!

one of the best hostels ive stayed in, in south america. great atmosphere, a real friendly vibe from the staff which is automataically passed on through the customer.. plenty of fun activities which make it easy make new friends while travelling, easy to use faciclitys, a real cruisy relaxed environment. ive stayed here 3 weeks and its felt like my second home..

• 29th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, good vibe. One bad thing is the A/C. They only run it from 6pm to 11am. Sucks when you get back from a day at the beach and you can't enjoy the A/C, especially when it is over 30c! They should really rethink this policy. They do keep this place spotless though!

Excellent hostel with a great vibe. Good mix of chill vibes and bar area busy on Friday/Saturday up till closing time at 11.30. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Close to all the best places in the old town. Highly recommended. Air conditioned rooms were a welcome relief. Thanks guys!

• 27th Aug 2014

Great stay in an amazing city!! Would stay again if visited any location. Private room was cleaned daily, wonderful staff, fun activities and nights out, reasonable quiet hours, great drink specials, great location. Only bad was tours... Do NOT do mangroves, it's riding a canoe through a dirty and VERY smelly swamp, not worth money. Also, wouldn't suggest upgrade to private rosario island, not worth the extra money at all!!! Water was not clear, extras were way more expensive. Otherwise, enjoy!!

Everything was GREAT except for some of the staff. They were pretty rude and not very helpful when I asked questions. Not all the staff members there was a guy and a girl that were not nice. But other than that, great place!

Helpful staff, clean showers, easy walk to old town, close to atm/groceries, helpful tour desk, good for socializing, fun bar but still able to sleep, would stay here again

A hostel which was well located within the old walls of the city and near to all the amenities. What really let the hostel down for me were the staff - always extremely cold and unfriendly towards the guests. Whenever I asked for information, it seemed as if I was inconveniencing them in some sort of way. Despite having fine facilities, the hostel lacked charm and atmosphere, would definitely reccomend staying elsewhere.

Great place, great people, good bar, totally recomended

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7