El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Once again amazing. This is my second stay and I would keep doing it. This time we played soccer organized by Jason, gracias Jason and we had a blast playing next to the muralla. Of course the area very safe clean and comfortable. Always able to drink with the people you meet or chill out and read a book I'm peace. Breakfast included that I cannot complain and wifi that let's you do it all. It was overall a great experience and I look forward to my next stay. Thanks everyone at Viajero!

El Viajero is very big and I'd say it's more run like a hotel.The cleaniest hostel I stayed in colombia and amazing atmosphere too.Unlike other hostels though, you do not have priority over your bed in the dorms and must pay in advance for how many nights you will stay.Unaware of this, I had to check-out and check-in for 2 mornings in order to change dorms.The staff is ok, like most hostels in the coast, they are mostly apathetic to you or your needs and always speak with an authorative tone.

Great way to end a multi-country South America trip. Like others say, it is a big hostel, but for some reason it never feels crowded. I think most people wind up leaving and roaming around Cartagena during the day. No complaints, was a great choice, glad I stayed here!

I met great people there :)

Typical Viajero Hostel. Highly organized and clean. Breakfast is basic with bread, cereal, fruit, coffee. Only drawback is the property can get uncomfortably hot. Only place with fans is the front room. AC on in the evening in the rooms.

Super hostel, have stayed before and would stay again!

First and foremost the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, which made for a delightful first experience at El Viajero. The rooms were quite comfortable (even the shared dorms), and the back bar area was super chilled. No matter the time, the hostel staff were happy to answer any and all questions regarding local food, day trips, and directions. They also helped in booking busses and travel plans. All in all, I definitely recommend El Viajero as the hostel of choice in Cartagena.

• 10th Aug 2014

Brilliant! Great party atmosphere. Not for the ones who want a chilled one

Biggest Downside: Air conditioning. Cartagena is hot and humid. Our air-conditioner was broken for three days and the staff did little-to-nothing to fix it. After asking multiple times, an employee was finally sent over -- who didn't fix anything, just pressed buttons. They did this twice, and assured us each time it would work. It did not. After a 45-minute debate at checkout, we were finally given a modest 10% discount for our sweat and troubles. Biggest Upside: The location is great.

Had a great time at El Viajero. One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Great staff, great organisation and the location is unbeatable. Try the mojitos from the internal bar.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Great place to stay, staff very helpful and will go outside the box to make sure you feel at home.

• 6th Aug 2014

I was a here for 8 days and had the best of the best here bed good frige good staff good ... people who visit colombia oraswel the citys as cartagena should book tis hostel.. i had so good time here whith everyone here .. the only thing if there is something missing or what so ever .. is a big pool!! .. thats all!!! but whithout it was a awesome time!!! regards rico mesa the rennisance homi!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Arigatou gozaimasu!!!!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel is pretty good, staff is very nice, Alexandre (Alex) went out of his way to help me, but it is a busy place and sometimes the staff gets confused. The rooms are good and the air conditioning is great. The locations is really great, close to everything: good food, supermarkets, sightseeing, shopping,

Many better hostel in cartagena than the Viajero trust me. It's more a tourist factory! Dissapointed !!

Thought this place wasn't worth the price we paid. Free breakfast was a plus though

Good hostel without being great. Nice spaces to meet people and the rooms have air con which is simply a must in this city given how hot it gets. Would recommend

Good location, great helpful staff, and a fun hostel. They have activities planned every night, a bar, and enough facilities to accommodate the large amount of people staying there. They have a big staff who are always keeping the hostel clean and stacked with amenities. I met a lot of great people easily in their patio areas and some even joined us on the rest of our trip through South America. Overall, a really fun place and great staff.

Great place, I would always stay again here! The rooms are located around patios equipped with chairs, tables and hammocks. The room itself was big, very clean and comfy. The kitchen was alright, with everthing you could need. Wifi is fast. Location great. So very recommendable!

Great hostel with a very friendly people. Good location, highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7