El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Very nice hostel, good vibe. One bad thing is the A/C. They only run it from 6pm to 11am. Sucks when you get back from a day at the beach and you can't enjoy the A/C, especially when it is over 30c! They should really rethink this policy. They do keep this place spotless though!

Excellent hostel with a great vibe. Good mix of chill vibes and bar area busy on Friday/Saturday up till closing time at 11.30. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Close to all the best places in the old town. Highly recommended. Air conditioned rooms were a welcome relief. Thanks guys!

• 27th Aug 2014

A hostel which was well located within the old walls of the city and near to all the amenities. What really let the hostel down for me were the staff - always extremely cold and unfriendly towards the guests. Whenever I asked for information, it seemed as if I was inconveniencing them in some sort of way. Despite having fine facilities, the hostel lacked charm and atmosphere, would definitely reccomend staying elsewhere.

The hostel accommodates so many people that it is difficult to regulate the security. Anyone can walk in and out and pretend like they have a room because there are just too many people to remember. Also the locks on the lockers underneath the bed need to be upgrades to stronger metal -- it is really easy to break with your hands, or unscrew with a tool. Everything else was perfect. The facilities, the cleanliness, the staff, maps, tours, location, everything!! :)

• 23rd Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel in a great location. Staff are very friendly- and this place always has a great vibe about it.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Good: Very clean and comfortable, location is excellent, easy to meet people Bad: Its a really really big hostel and feels a bit impersonal at times - everyone is always coming and going. Although there are lockers and safes, security is a bit dodgy (anyone can walk in and out into any room at any time). Staff don't really care very much because there are so many people there.

Nice and big hostel in awesome neighboorhood, airco in the rooms, clean sheets every day, breakfast was ok.

Stayed 5 nights, enjoyed my stay. Air-conditioning in all rooms is amazing considering how warm it is here all day. Excellent location to all areas of town. Staff are all friendly and helpful, all speak english too!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location and good hostel overall

The staff were amazing and were very very kind to us when I got food poisoning - they gave up their private bathroom to me for a whole night! They made our stay there really great and we would go back. Thanks Viajero staff, especially Miriam!

• 19th Aug 2014

Excellent location and staff, really enjoyed my stay. Annoyingly the water cut out for half my stay but that was for the whole town and wasn´t their fault!

• 19th Aug 2014

Small things go missing after the staff cleans, stuff you normally wouldn´t bother putting in a locker. So just be sure to never, ever leave anything out. Put EVERYTHING in the tiny safe and the under the bed lockers which are not all functional (so make sure to get one that you can put a lock on).

Cant put into words how great this place is. Great location, super safe, and awsome atmoshere but, the real value is in the staff !!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Once again amazing. This is my second stay and I would keep doing it. This time we played soccer organized by Jason, gracias Jason and we had a blast playing next to the muralla. Of course the area very safe clean and comfortable. Always able to drink with the people you meet or chill out and read a book I'm peace. Breakfast included that I cannot complain and wifi that let's you do it all. It was overall a great experience and I look forward to my next stay. Thanks everyone at Viajero!

El Viajero is very big and I'd say it's more run like a hotel.The cleaniest hostel I stayed in colombia and amazing atmosphere too.Unlike other hostels though, you do not have priority over your bed in the dorms and must pay in advance for how many nights you will stay.Unaware of this, I had to check-out and check-in for 2 mornings in order to change dorms.The staff is ok, like most hostels in the coast, they are mostly apathetic to you or your needs and always speak with an authorative tone.

Great way to end a multi-country South America trip. Like others say, it is a big hostel, but for some reason it never feels crowded. I think most people wind up leaving and roaming around Cartagena during the day. No complaints, was a great choice, glad I stayed here!

I met great people there :)

Alex was super friendly, had lots of great advice on what to do in the area and made all our bookings for us. Lockers under the beds and safes available for your valuables which was good too. Location was perfect, right in the old town where everything is. There´s also a bar with good prices and a really nice vibe for meeting people. Good working air-con, just make sure you ask them to turn it on.

Typical Viajero Hostel. Highly organized and clean. Breakfast is basic with bread, cereal, fruit, coffee. Only drawback is the property can get uncomfortably hot. Only place with fans is the front room. AC on in the evening in the rooms.

Really nice place in a good spot in Cartagena, inside the Cidade Amuralhada, 5min walk to the Clock Tower, restaurants and a market(grocery) close by. Great atmosphere to meet people, great staff, they will help you with anything. A lot of activities in the hostel (soccer, dancing classes, nightclub crawl), fair priced bar in it. Ar conditioner, that's a must if you're staying in this painfully hot city :D

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7