El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Good kitchen but its busy. Lots of group areas and activities so its easy to make friends. Relaxed yet fun bar. Comfortable but social. Close to shops/restaurants/bars etc and safe. 15 min walk to getsemani for loud bars and nightlife. Loud until about midnight but its a chill and respectful environment.

Great location in the walled city. The staff will help you with whatever you need, they just wont be on first named terms with you as there are so many guests coming and going. Its fine. There is a big locker for each bed, so I don't know why people are saying they had things stolen. Good breakfast. Decent bar open until midnight-ish. WiFi works well and 3 PCs. Not the cheapest hostel in the word. more of a hotel style atmosphere in truth due to volume of guests in and out. ample showers/wcs

Thank you so much . Great to hear you had a good expirence with us!. Hope to see you back soon! Regards Margarita. Regional Manager

Everything was amazing, the city, the location, the staff, specially Alvaro, he was extremely helpful and always willing to make my experience awesome.

Good atmosphere and great hostel to meet people. Lots of tours available from the hostel and activities, helpful staff too. Just a bit far from gethsemane bars but is located in a beautiful part of Cartagena close to the old city wall. A great stay overall and I would return!

Good location. Reception staff was not very helpful, except Maryem. Ask her if you need any help. It is hard to get info from the others. Crowded hostel, if you are lucky you can meet interesting people, but generally party trevelers around there.

Very clean, great friendly staff, breakfast was delicious, rooms with ac, location nice

Cool staff, decent location, would stay there again.

Good hostel, the safes available in the dorms are awesome especially in this town and the Netflix on the tv with air con in the tv room is a great touch for a Sunday hangover

Well located hostel. Ideal for people looking to have fun and meet other travellers.

El Viajero is a nice hotel inside Cartagena's Old town walls. It has nice facilities and is clean but it's very impersonnel: the person at the front desk shows you through the video surveillance where the facilities are and give you your sheets, that's all. You have to do your bed. I found it a bit expensive but it seems to be the price in Cartagena.

• 19th Feb 2015

too bad locker didnt work. very pricy for what you get

I had a great stay in El Viajero, the dorms are a bit pricey, but they all have air con, which is priceless really in that climate. There is a nice bar which is a good place to meet people. The music stops after midnight so you can get a good night sleep too. Breakfast and kitchen facilities are alright. however if you're traveling to Santa Marta, DO NOT go with the bus company the hostel recommends (mobilizar). I arrived 4h late and the driver was a nightmare.go with Marsol instead.

Staff could be more receptive.

I didn't appreciate you telling me that my reservation was changed and then you never changed it for me. It's a terrible thing to do someone. I had to pay a lot of money for a last minute hotel room. Your hotel never took responsibility for it.

Great location, friendly and helpful especially Miriam. Good hostel to meet other travelers. Doors do not have locks ,but security locks available in every room ( some don't work.) Basic but free breakfast. I suggest that the hostel should add a third person behind the counter. This will facilitate people checking in faster and avoid the long line.

Pros: cheap, ability to lock things under bed if you bring your own lock, free breakfast that gives you the opportunity to meet other backpackers. Cons: This was the loudest hostel I've ever be in. There was a speaker outside my room that was blasting music well after 10 pm. Just be prepared for that, and if that's not your scene, find another place. Also, there are no locks on the bedroom doors -- that's why I rated it "poor" for security.

• 15th Feb 2015

This place is a well run hostel located inside the city walls. Everything you need is a quick walk away. My room was in the annex- just 100m from the main hostel- it's not far away at all and the area is perfectly safe (this is coming from a female traveling alone). Some reviews mentioned the staff as being cold but its probably because their English isn't good which I noticed throughout Colombia. I only wish there was a shelf in the shower room so I don't have to put all my stuff on the floor

Overall staff are a bit "cold" compared to the generally warm Colombian welcome I received in many other hostels in Colombia. The location is perfect. Heads off to the cleaning team for keeping the place clean constantly. One of the best beds I have slept in hostels. Koodoos to having aircon in the evening. It will help if staff gets more involved in communication with guests, it will help encourage participation in the hostel's social activities.

Hi Thank you for feedback and recomendation. We are working on improve our services and make better the place for our costumers. Hope we have the chance to have you back here soon. Best regards Margarita

I loved staying here. It is truly good value for your money as it is in the middle of the Ciudad Amurallada. Acople of blocks is a supermarket and it is also close to Plaza Fernandez Madrid which is surrounded by restaurants. Evertyhing is within walking distance of the hostel. I got a single room and it is defintiely a great value in comparison to getting your own hotel in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent hostel indeed.

• 11th Feb 2015

I spent 5 days here and no two nights were in the same bed. Your given a magnet to stick stick on your bed and if it falls off you could lose your bed for the night and end up in another bed. It seems that to be on the bed is more important than to be assigned the bed. Staff is friendly