El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

The best place to stay:)

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Dorms were extremely spacious and had AC (a thing you really want in Cartagena). Location is perfect in the old part of the town, breakfast is really good also! Would stay there again.

The hostel had a good location and facilities were designed for traverler's comfort. Could be noisy at night and morning.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is awesome! ALl the facilities and the staff is really amazing, specially ALvaro who helped me with everything I needed it. Nice breakfast and over all atmosphere

• 31st Dec 2014

I didnt like my check out experience. I spoke to someone the night before my check out who let me know when she thought i should check out so that they could call a cab for me in time to go to the airport. the morning of my departure, the man asked me to get my sheets (which i went back and got) and then i asked him to organise the cab. he muttered something in spanish and said that i had to walk down the road and try to hail one down. didnt bother getting up from the seat he was sitting on.

• 30th Dec 2014

Very good hostel. I would say this the most "social" hostel I've stayed at, but it wasn't a party hostel by any means. Since El Viajero is a chain, they were very organized and had great facilities and a great location. Would definitely recommend!

Alejandra the bartender is the best! Tonight's the night

Great place to stay. Pretty big, so hard to get to know many people, but you can count on there being a party. Recommended.

Good hostel, wonderful atmosphere. Although, the old rooms need some good care.

Great hostel. Would happily stay again! Occasional noise due to fellow travelers up at odd hours, but the after-midnight quite hours are observed for the most part. We had a great time!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

If you're looking for a "party hostel", this is the place; loud and a lot of fun. The rooms are clean, though the washrooms questionable. Dorm prices a little steep. Free breakfast in the morning is key. Location was fantastic. Staff were kind and welcoming. Only concern was security. People were walking in and out of the hostel without any form of security check. This is concerning as they don't give you a key for your dorm and the rooms remain unlocked.

El Viajero was a huge disappointment. The main problem being that many of the front desk staff were NOT friendly and were not helpful. One guy would basically ignore us when we came up to ask questions or recommendations and refused to call us a cab to the airport after we were told that was the best way to get a cab. The breakfast was OK. We paid for a 6 bed co-ed room and my boyfriend and I were put in an all male dorm. The room itself and the bathroom were pretty disgusting.

Really nice hostel.. location is good and the people is nice as well...the kitchen was not that clean, but anyway we havent had dinner there...

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Had a great stay. The tv room with airconditioning is a great escape when it gets really hot during the day and the common areas are great to meet new people. Only thing I missed was a pool.

It is a great hostal. Good location, very clean, good facilities and A/C works well in the rooms, which is important in Cartgagena..

Loved the communal courtyard and bar

Bad staff, rude and desorgnised... the place under the bed is not safe and some are broken, we felt even with the bracelets anyone could get in tf hostel, no one was really checking who is getting in or out. You could have like ambience music... bad internet in the rooms.. etc. Breakfast was good, and the location as well

The laundry service is very affordable, but they lost my socks.. Very disappointing

• 17th Dec 2014

Absolutely loved this place, chilled out vibe, a couple of hammocks, clean and lovely.

nice enough hostel with very helpful staff. The only downsides (for me, anyway) were the immense number of occupants and the breakfast that certainly left a lot to be desired for those that are health conscious. This hostel certainly served its purpose though, cheers.

• 13th Dec 2014