El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Decent place

A lot of people out in the common areas each night and typically seemed like at least one or two groups heading out at some point, so good for a solo traveller. Includes a breakfast - fruit, cereal, juice. Things seemed a little bit dirty - rooms, facilities - but it's also kind of an outdoor, open, beach type feel of a setup so I guess it all kind of fits the vibe. Staff was helpful with questions asked.

The location is great and the hostel offers a lot of activities. Not all the staff speaks English. Breakfast is rather poor. What I really didn't like is that they make you wear bracelets as a proof that you're staying in the hostel; makes me feel like cattle. The dorm room was quite dirty but the showers and toilets were okay. Gets quite noisy at night.

Hi Anne Thank you for your feedback. Wrist band are needed to use in order to identificated our guests for security. Our activities happens at the bar that goes till midnight so there is change for people to meet other people an a placent time of others to sleep. Best regards. Margarita

A great place to stay. Easy to find. Plenty of showers. Good enough basic breakfast. Lots of places to relax with or without people. Would stay again.

Best hostel I ever stayed in.

It is a really busy place, most of the time I had to wait 15 minutes for a shower.

The hostel its not one of the cheapest of Cartagena but the cost-benefit of it it's great. The breakfast offered is simple but enough, on the other hand the beds are super comfortable and the hostel is very clean! Met some fun people there, would definetely come back

• 30th Jan 2015

Good Hostel in general.. But overprice In high season,

ok place. dirty bathroom and poor breakfast.

Not a bad place to stay a little noisey and some of the staff are just rude. also really tight on the A/C which got turned off at 530 in the morning and by 930 it was that hot in the rooms had to ask 3 times to get it turned back on.

Good hostel which is always busy and has a good breakfast included. There are other hostels with more character though.

Our room was filthy (dust hanging from the fan, dead bugs in the light, floors clearly hadn't been mopped) so they switched us to a new room that was somewhat better, but still wasn't clean. It was over twice the price of any other hostel we have stayed at in Colombia and for paying that much I expected a much better room. Would not recommend.

Was here for 12 nights, it's an okay place, the room was big (female 6 bed) and clean, okay shower facilities. The hostel was a big place and not so social, the staff was not helpful at all and seemed rude from time to time. I wouldn't stay here again.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Fine, big hostel, you can arrange nice trips from the hostel. Good security (you'll get your own locker for your backpack and a small safe). I was a solo traveller and it was not so easy to make contact with others, there were a lot of groups staying.

• 25th Jan 2015

I have been in two different hostels in Cartagena and i completely recommend EL VIAJERO. Incredible people, incredible atmosphere and incredible location. It was in the most beautiful part of Cartagena. You get to meet lot of people from different places. And you have the opoortunity of doing different activities durning the day and night. At night the hostel has a great bar with great free activities for you to meet other people I tottaly recommend this place.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

This is a good hostel and probably the only "party hostel" in Cartagena that actually gets the numbers necessary to classify as a party hostel. Sadly it all just seems a bit lacklustre - which has been the case with each El Viajero hostel I've stayed at. The hostel is a good place to meet people and they have a bar and occasional activities but it doesn't seem anyone is in charge. Quality couldbe much improved upon...

I really enjoyed my stay, glad I found El Viajero. My only hiccup was when I bus was arranged for Santa Marta, the service required me to pay them on top of what I paid the hostel. After trying to resolve it, it appears its the bus service's fault, but optimizing the hostel's business partners would prob be helpful to travelers if this wasnt an isolated event.

• 23rd Jan 2015

We were a group of five members. Only one night we had to sleep in a separate bedroom. Each bed has a locker, that is really big: all my belongings could fit perfectly. You have to bring you own locker, or buy one at reception. The dorms don't have a key, so you could enter freely in any dorm you want (that was kind of insecure in my opinion. You only have 2 power outlets for all the room

VEry clean, nice hostel, without sounding lame the music spekers should only be in the bar as difficult to sleep before an early flight. But otherwise lovely lovely staff helpful, friendly, nuce bar, great atmosphere in perfect location to explore the old city. Loved it here and have already reccommended it to others,.

Too expensive for the money. Not that nice the rooms. Not comforfable.