El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

I loved this hostel, the outdoor bar was really cool, cheap prices, friendly staff and dancing lessons most night which was so much fun, rooms were huge and spacious and kept cool with air con. The people were really friendly and the hostel is in a good location in the old town with a huge supermarket just 3 min walk away. Highly recommended!

The security is very good as you have your own safe and locker under the beds, and the location is great - within the "walled city". Comfy beds.The staff is helpful. There was a bed bug problem while I was there, but it was taken very serious by the hostel. This is also a really expensive hostel, and it is not worth your money. Go to Getsemani (Another area) which is just as central and beautiful, and A LOT cheaper.

Go visit the bar, nice

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

A little loud, please regulate the noise in the courtyard between the rooms. Staff talking about there after 12am isn't good.

Good vibe. Great location - not in thick of the super touristy area but still close enough to the sites. Would definitely recommend!

Huge hostel located within the walls of the old city. The location is excellent for restaurants and walking around and the hostel always has something going on. The dorm itself was fairly spartan, but it got the job done.

Enough showers, enough bathrooms. TVE breakfast is well enough. Common places are confortable

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. I liked the location in San Diego and helpfulness of the staff here. Pros - breakfast is included, outdoor hammock and deck chair area, a safe is provided, staff are helpful, the hostel cat Cons - the price, the wifi, and bed system (a magnet is stuck on to indicate the bed is occupied and 'do it yourself' sheets are provided but magnets are often removed or fall off meaning bedsheets must be redone)

The hostel shold notice the travellers that the shower doesn't have hot water.

• 18th Mar 2015

This small chain of hostels knows how to get the hostel formula right. Everything is cleaned daily. Rooms have nice A/C. Location is awesome. Staff are knowledgable. Hostel offers lots of tours but does not push them on guests. They offer daily/nightly activities. A pool would be nice, but they do have outdoor sprinkler showers to cool off with for sunbathing. In Cartagena it is best to leave the hostel during the day anyway to enjoy the cooling breezes.

I lost my flight and despite calling a hour ahead of my due arrival the hostal charged me for it. The place is super noisy and I spent one of my worst night since my fellow roommates were drinking and listening to some music right in the dorm until 11pm, careless of my sleep, they also woke me up at 4am when they came back from their party, speaking loudly. I thought that by paying more I would have a quiet hostel as advertised, not at all. This place is only good for party goers

Hi, We are sorry you did not have a good experience with us. We are taking more effort in keeping the place quite after the bar is closed. Control people after having a party is kind of hard but still we have the responsability and we will make the changes to make this work out well. Thanks again foryour feedback. Margarita. Regional Manager

Good option for Cartagena. Location is good and plenty of activities can be booked through here.

Great hostel in Cartagena and friendly staff. Very good location as well. No complaints and would definitely recommend staying here.

There is no atmosphere and the staff was very onhelpfull and gave us wrong information about a tour we booked there.

I loved my stay at El Viajero. It was clean, had an excellent location, provided breakfast, had free dance lessons, and was a place where it was easy to meet other travelers. And everyone who works at the hostel was very friendly and a lot of fun, especially Ena at the bar--she provided great service and created a fun atmosphere. I had a great time there, was super sad to leave, and I highly recommend it!

• 17th Mar 2015

Great hostel, superb location. Would have been a 10 if it wasn't for the lazy personally / policies: making up your own bed, washing your own breakfast dishes, renting a towel for one of the most expensive hostels in Colombia..?

• 16th Mar 2015

Horrible experience. So bad that I decided to leave and find another place the 2nd day. After checking in and paying, was informed that sheets were not available for my bed because they ran out. This is unacceptable. Showers and bathrooms were dirty and never cleaned. They give you a wristband to identify you, but I was asked numerous times to verify my info. I was approached by hustlers in the street who immediately identified where I was staying, and saying they know where to find me.

Hi , We are sorry to know you had this experience with us. We undesrtand we had to improve our service taking in count we attended 150 people every day. We had clean service almost 24 hour per a day and make the hardest effort to keep the place clean to you have a good stay with us. Wristband are our element to identificated guest who are no staying with us and guarante the security for our guest. Thank you for your time and hope you come back and make us better. Margarita.Regional Manager

Overall our stay at El Viajero was great. The space was cool, the facilities were decent, the bar was nice and the location was great. Unfortunately the staff wasn't as friendly as I hope for and see at other hostels.

• 14th Mar 2015

The hostel is placed in an excellent location within the old city. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was very basic compared with other hostels I've stayed in and it's a little more expensive but not by much. Whilst they have numerous activities for their guests I didn't partake as I was busy exploiting what Cartagena had to offer. All in all my two nights were great and it's a wonderful place to stay.

I wanted to stay longer. I was traveling alone and got to meet a lot of people, the staff is amazing and the bar has a really cool vibe. The location is really good, breakfast is good, but the best thing is definitely the overall environment of the place, it's fun but it's not a party place where you can't sleep because of the noise (because the bar closes at midnight).The dancing lessons are so much fun. I'd definitely stay here again.