El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Location is great. Great atmosphere when I was there - a lot of mingling between guests. Generally clean. The complaint is the staff - they didn't really offer much help in terms of stuff to do in Cartagena, and one of the girls made it seem like we were annoying her with by checking in. Also, when we booked the bus to Santa Marta, we were never asked to pay (we thought we were gonna pay the bus directly) and then were subsequently yelled at for not paying upfront when the bus came.

The staff are terrible and couldn't be more disinterested and are visibly annoyed when they have to look up from their phones to talk to you. There is no real atmosphere compared to other hostels in Cartagena and bar was closed on our stay. There are much better and cheaper places in Cartagena. The only good thing is the aircon

El Viajero was the first "party" hostel I've ever stayed at and to be honest, I'm glad I did. I didn't think that the noise was too loud & boisterous at night (as others have said in their reviews), since the hostel bartender would close the bar around midnight and usher everyone to partake in a bar/club crawl outside the city walls. Decor was super cute & colorful, staff was friendly, nightly group events were plentiful - overall a great place to meet people & maximize your time in the city!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • drobles7856005

This hostel was very clean and nice. The showers were great compared to most hostels. There are plenty of them, so you never have to wait. Water pressure is good. No temp adjustment, but the cool water feels great on a hot day, anyway. A/C in the rooms is a life saver. Helpful staff.

great atmosphere, staff, and fellow travelers

• 28th Oct 2014

Was a nice place. Cheaper hostels about but overall there is always a nice atmosphere

Nice hostel, very clean and pretty. Good breakfast and wifi. The staff was ok, but the cab drivers were more helpful with tips. Cool bar and people.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Chile

The aircon is actually only on from 6-7pm until 10-11am. Friendly vibes and a clean place in a great location.

AC is working throughout the night which was very helpful consider it was super hot in cartagena, and the location was great!

Is a good hostel with decent facilities (including air conditioning which is a lifesaver in the humidity). Breakfast is average and wifi slow. Staff aren't very helpful at all and make you feel like you're bothering them if you ask a question. This put a dampener on our stay.

The hostel is located between the old town centre and the bars on Media Luna. The rooms and beds are comfortable, but our dorm had little natural ventilation and it became intolerably hot once the AC was switched off - the TV room has AC on all day but it quickly fills up! The bar area was nice, and the kitchen was well equipped. Tours can be booked via the front desk. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Air con in rooms is great but switched off for most of the day which is not great if you are having a lie in with a hangover. In/house travel agency which was handy. never made breakfast but it is included. Kitchen is quite small and has no fan. One girl on bar kept saying she had no change and probably made small fortune off visitors..watch our for this. Liked the lockers under the beds. Showers and toilets clean.

Great location. Felt safe and the staff was very helpful. Spoke English.

• 16th Oct 2014

Excellent location, close to everything, easy to find. My major issue was the cleanliness of the bathrooms, they always looked dirty. Also the bed sheets that they give you looked really old and dirty too. The AC on everyroom is a huge plus! cartagena is very hot and humid.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

There's nothing to eat in the hostel. No food available to buy.

• 10th Oct 2014

Ideal for a few nights in Cartagena, thanks to its location in the heart of town. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Other facilities are also clean. Would definitely recommend El Viajero to others.

• 7th Oct 2014

Great spot, with comfortable bed, good breakfast, and a wonderful location in the walled city of Cartagena. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

I really loved this place. It started to feel like home. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The place is OK, but I am very frustrated and will never return. I needed to extend my reservation one night, which seemed to be very easy... I paid for the extra night and was told everything was good to go. However when I checked out, there was no record of my transaction and they insisted that I pay again, so I did. I tried as hard as I could for a week to get a refund, but it was not possible. The staff needs to learn how to use thier computer systems so this does not happen again.

• 5th Oct 2014

Conveniently located in Old town with easy access to bus, taxi, restaurants and grocery stores. The Fort is accessible as well and is about a 20 minute walk from the hostel. Staff are knowledgeable about the city and able to provide great advice. They have two lovely courtyards to hangout in the hostel. Airport is about 10 mins away by bus. Take the bus to Crespo and tell the bus driver to drop you off at the bus stop closest to the airport and is only 5 mins by walk.