El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

We stayed in private bathroom room. We liked the place and the room. Staff was very nice but we stayed in a separate section (different building very close to the hostel) and there is no staff there. One night there were guests hanging out close to our room and they were very loud. We asked them politely to keep low the music down and it helped a bit. If there was staff there it would be better.

El Viajero Hostel was just as advertised…nice, clean and cozy. Plus the staff will bend over backwards to help you get your way around Cartagena and book you some amazing tours outside of the city. I’m planning to come back to Cartagena and El Viajero Hostel will be my home :-)

Great location in the Historic district of Cartagena. Easy to get around the historic district and short distance to downtown Cartagena.

What a great experience, it was our first time at a hostel and El Viajero is amazing! The warmth of the people is a plus that you won't find anywhere else, specially Alvaro who is very kind and helpful

• 11th Dec 2015

I LOVED this place! I would live in the hostel if it was possible. The travellers, the staff, everything is amazing. They also have the best breakfast in hostels I have ever had! Shout outs to Miguel and Cristian- you guys helped make my stay perfect!

Best hostel in Cartagena!! Good location, great atmosphere! I recommend!

Outstanding hostel. Good location, staff, facilities, brekky, wifi, everything.

Great location, clean and secure. Sometimes felt that I was interrupting the staff private conversations when I approached them, not all that friendly. Aircon turned off between 11am and 5pm.

Good hostel, but the room I was in was very bothered by trafic-noise (shutters towards street). Thumbs up for charging option in the safetyboxes!

Very good choice.

Very simple hostel that fulfills it's obligation to provide a room / bed to sleep in with an air conditioner. Breakfast is also very simple and limited. Location is very good, in the walled city, close to many things. Staff is very helpful. Cartagena is an expensive city, so the hostel also seems pretty expensive for what you get, but it's a great place to meet other travelers and the hostel plays its role with night time activities in the bar area.

• 1st Dec 2015

Great hostel, but as with most really touristy places booking tours through them can be a bit of a rip off sometimes. Better bargains can be found.

Nice private rooms across the street, friendly, helpful front desk staff, always willing to help, nice experience. Thanks guys!

Great hostal and great atmosphere. A little loud if you need to go to bed early but still definitely worth it.

The hostel itself was really cool - I enjoyed the atmosphere/location a lot. The rooms were good, tho not many plugs & the AC kicks on at 6pm. Still fine. The issue I ran into was with the staff/lack of organization. The guy in the lobby booking the day tours is not knowledgable. He didn't tel us we needed to book the day before & even tho we found another way, it was a huge inconvenience. They also said there was a pub crawl, we waited till 12am, finally asked and then they said we go alone?

great place. many travellers to meet. good facilities. great support for information and tours. spacious rooms and outside areas. everything worked. average breakfast as in all viajero hostels. you can find cheaper places to stay but they won't offer the space or atmosphere that you will find here. i totally recommend it, very nice place.

Fine place to stay for several nights with a very lively atmosphere at night near the bar. The rooms were comfortable (especially with AC at night) and facilities were pretty clean in general. Certainly had a good time there. However, the locker was broken when I arrived which was unfortunate, but they were able to fix it the next day.

Party hostel, great staff, cool location!

Great stay. Thanks. Maybe the breakfast should be a little better.

• 21st Nov 2015

The staff are quite busy yet still nice. It's not easy to run a hostel by its scale and to keep it near and clean. Nice jobs. All rooms are equipped with AC, makes it the oasis in Cartagena. I like the personal charger in the little locker. To be mentioned, the tours they offer( actually it's the agency) is generally ok but a bit costy, if considering that only transportation is covered.