El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Good location. So many people and busy toilettes all the time.

Great location, very comfortable and secure.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Hostel is good but a little shopworn. Some nice staff though😀

Good hostel in a great location. Aircon is an absolute godsend as Cartagena can get pretty hot. Would be a great hostel if it had a pool like the sister hostel in Cali.

Very friendly staff, great location and fun activities. I have already recommended the spot to friends visiting Cartagena.

• 30th Jun 2015

I miss a pool because cartagena has a very hot weather.

This is a good social / party hostel for young backpackers. It's clean. It's fun. It's worth the money

The hostel is way to expensive for what you get. It's only a gallery with a lot of rooms and a small bar. Nothing wrong with the facilities btw, but I enjoyed my stay at another hostel in Cartagena much more..!

Plenty of activities at the bar, very friendy Staff. special Miriam at reception and Ena at The bar, The place is very clean, breakfast is pretty good and The tours are good to enjoy The time at cartagena. I Will be back soon and recomended this place 100%

• 25th Jun 2015

It's an amazing Hostel

the security locks are out dated and hard to figure out on your own, I didn't worry too much about others though. there are lockers underneath the beds but the latches are small as well. party hostel with some less than stellar guests, the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed but loosened up and had fun at night, dance classes were a great place to meet others. it was great being able to walk in and out without problems 24/7

I found it annoying having make my own bed before sleeping in it.

Excellent location to access the old town. I enjoyed the salsa dancing and the beds were comfortable. 6 bed dorm cleaned in the 4 days I was here and we so we had to ask for toilet paper for our room. Breakfast was just ok.

We had a great stay at El Viajero - we had a private room during our stay. It was the perfect mix of privacy and socializing. It is also in a great location in the walled city - you can easily walk anywhere in the walled city from here. Definitely recommended for younger travelers and those who are looking to meet new people while traveling.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The hostel El Viajero is superbly located at the heart of the historic centre of Cartagena. The rooms have air-conditioning which feels like heaven when it's 35°C outside. Nice common areas and lots of organized tours and free activities: I recommend the Tuesday workout and dance lessons. The breakfast is included and perhaps the only thing I would improve: it's quite basic and the fact that we are required to wash our own dishes means that the cutlery is often not there or not very clean.

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff, basic breaky included, everything we needed!

Built for a great atmosphere and organising events to meet people! My first salsa class also!

The hostel has a very chilled out atmosphere. The common areas are spacious and lead to many conversations with other travellers. Good breakfast. The facilities were ok, could be a bit better maintained. Prices were pretty high compared to other hostels that we stayed in (in other cities) but that's just Cartagena. We didn't much like the tours that we booked through the hostel so we advise you to either skip them or go on our own (for example to Playa Blanca).

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Good wifi all over the hostel, inc the rooms. We stayed in the 6 person mixed dorm and the air con worked great. Lockers under the bed and safety deposit box in the room. Has two kitchens and enough showers/toilets to accommodate the large number of guests. Only negatives were that the rooms backed out onto communial areas so can be a bit noisey and the breakfast is pretty basic.

Good location in the old town close to everything and the staff were helpful. Showers could have been better