El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Excellent hostel with a great vibe. Good mix of chill vibes and bar area busy on Friday/Saturday up till closing time at 11.30. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Close to all the best places in the old town. Highly recommended. Air conditioned rooms were a welcome relief. Thanks guys!

• 27th Aug 2014

Great stay in an amazing city!! Would stay again if visited any location. Private room was cleaned daily, wonderful staff, fun activities and nights out, reasonable quiet hours, great drink specials, great location. Only bad was tours... Do NOT do mangroves, it's riding a canoe through a dirty and VERY smelly swamp, not worth money. Also, wouldn't suggest upgrade to private rosario island, not worth the extra money at all!!! Water was not clear, extras were way more expensive. Otherwise, enjoy!!

Everything was GREAT except for some of the staff. They were pretty rude and not very helpful when I asked questions. Not all the staff members there was a guy and a girl that were not nice. But other than that, great place!

Helpful staff, clean showers, easy walk to old town, close to atm/groceries, helpful tour desk, good for socializing, fun bar but still able to sleep, would stay here again

A hostel which was well located within the old walls of the city and near to all the amenities. What really let the hostel down for me were the staff - always extremely cold and unfriendly towards the guests. Whenever I asked for information, it seemed as if I was inconveniencing them in some sort of way. Despite having fine facilities, the hostel lacked charm and atmosphere, would definitely reccomend staying elsewhere.

Great place, great people, good bar, totally recomended

Not an amazing hostel - the doors to the rooms don't lock and the air only comes on in the dorms between 6pm-10am. And is freezing when it finally works. The location is good, not far from the exito or old city walls. Not the most friendly staff, on checkin the girl was more interested in the music than answering my questions. The guys were friendly though. Overall not terrible but not great

The hostel accommodates so many people that it is difficult to regulate the security. Anyone can walk in and out and pretend like they have a room because there are just too many people to remember. Also the locks on the lockers underneath the bed need to be upgrades to stronger metal -- it is really easy to break with your hands, or unscrew with a tool. Everything else was perfect. The facilities, the cleanliness, the staff, maps, tours, location, everything!! :)

Fantastic hostel in a great location. Staff are very friendly- and this place always has a great vibe about it.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Good: Very clean and comfortable, location is excellent, easy to meet people Bad: Its a really really big hostel and feels a bit impersonal at times - everyone is always coming and going. Although there are lockers and safes, security is a bit dodgy (anyone can walk in and out into any room at any time). Staff don't really care very much because there are so many people there.

Nice and big hostel in awesome neighboorhood, airco in the rooms, clean sheets every day, breakfast was ok.

Stayed 5 nights, enjoyed my stay. Air-conditioning in all rooms is amazing considering how warm it is here all day. Excellent location to all areas of town. Staff are all friendly and helpful, all speak english too!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location and good hostel overall

The staff were amazing and were very very kind to us when I got food poisoning - they gave up their private bathroom to me for a whole night! They made our stay there really great and we would go back. Thanks Viajero staff, especially Miriam!

Excellent location and staff, really enjoyed my stay. Annoyingly the water cut out for half my stay but that was for the whole town and wasn´t their fault!

• 19th Aug 2014

Small things go missing after the staff cleans, stuff you normally wouldn´t bother putting in a locker. So just be sure to never, ever leave anything out. Put EVERYTHING in the tiny safe and the under the bed lockers which are not all functional (so make sure to get one that you can put a lock on).

Clean hostel - with lovely air co! not much to do in the days when its boiling hot, would be nice to make common spaces cooler. One time I had made a booking, yet emailed to say I was running late- It was for a few days. Unfortunatley they scraped the whole time I booked for and never thought to notify me. That puts me off alot - no offer to help me find anything else. For an all round experience here is fine - staff should be more welcoming

Cant put into words how great this place is. Great location, super safe, and awsome atmoshere but, the real value is in the staff !!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Once again amazing. This is my second stay and I would keep doing it. This time we played soccer organized by Jason, gracias Jason and we had a blast playing next to the muralla. Of course the area very safe clean and comfortable. Always able to drink with the people you meet or chill out and read a book I'm peace. Breakfast included that I cannot complain and wifi that let's you do it all. It was overall a great experience and I look forward to my next stay. Thanks everyone at Viajero!

El Viajero is very big and I'd say it's more run like a hotel.The cleaniest hostel I stayed in colombia and amazing atmosphere too.Unlike other hostels though, you do not have priority over your bed in the dorms and must pay in advance for how many nights you will stay.Unaware of this, I had to check-out and check-in for 2 mornings in order to change dorms.The staff is ok, like most hostels in the coast, they are mostly apathetic to you or your needs and always speak with an authorative tone.