El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!!

AMAZING hostel! One of the greatest in South America. Super nice staff, great location. Offers tours, classes, has a exciting bar, it's clean. You'll meet great friends there! Could be better: The lockers could be safer, more plugs in the dorms.

Great location, helpful staff and good value for money. I highly recommend this hostel. If you're lucky like me you will get to meet interesting and fun travelers. Cheers.

The place is well located, the staff is nice and the atmosphere is good. My room smelled a bit weird and the sheets weren't exactly clean. But the staff took care of it as soon as I brought it to their attention. With such a big hostel these things can happen, and their reaction says a lot.

I had a great stay and I will continue to recommend and go back. :)

It was so hot in this place. Air con comes on at night, unbearable otherwise. Dorm room adjacent to street and car horns will drive you nuts. Breakfast is pretty good. Needs bit more of a common area to encourage mingling. Some staff could be friendlier.. Ok overall

Breakfast is OK. Showers felt like camp but big & pretty clean. bathrooms kinda far for the middle of the night. AC only on during certain hours. Beds are good. Good mix of people - young / old, various countries, etc. Atmosphere was mixed - lots of events organized but there wasn't a social vibe there. Many different common areas, which I thought was nice but maybe spread everyone out too much. Staff could have been more helpful, clear & excited with tour information & help. Awesome location.

Great hostel. Free classes such as salsa, Pilates etc. good happy hour. Nice comfy beds, clean and sociable. 2 kitchens. They offer transfers and activities near by too. We had a great stay here

Good (safe) location. Fun atmosphere. Clean (except pillows and mattress). Overpriced.

Great location, can walk to everywhere in Cartagena. Not very exciting place if you are looking to party. We found the bar area pretty boring! Staff are nice, especially Carlos. Expensive for what you get!

Really great and helpful staff! The set out if the hostel is really good for meeting new people. They also have free salsa lessons and lots of activities to choose from. I really enjoyed staying here! Cheers!

We had a great time at El Viajero. The nightly activities and courtyard bar make it very easy to get to know other travelers. The staff were also very helpful in telling us about sites around the hostel and giving us insider tips for the city. They also seemed to be proactive with cleaning and maintenance of the whole hostel area, just could use some more utensils in the kitchen. Would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Apr 2015

This hostel is fine. Clean enough and inside the walled city. However if u want to go out at night better to stay in a hostel on media Luna street as the streets in the walled city are very quiet at night.

Staff can be unfriendly and rude. I tried to book the mud volcano tour, and one of them told me it was full even though I found out seconds later that it wasn't. She seemed like she just didn't want to call the office and check since it was a last minute booking. But I only found trouble with two out of the many staff there. Others were pretty kind.

Hi . We are sorry for the inconveniences. As I told you that day the company make a mistake and closed the sales for the date and only in the second call they confirm us the vacancy. Again we are so sorry and hope you enjoy your night in Cartagena and the mud volcano tour. Regards. Margarita. Regional Manager

Very nice atmosphere! The hostel is also very close to many very nice restaurants and bars!

Nice staff but its a bit too old

It's a nice hotel if you plan to party. Otherwise (if you want to rest after sightseeing) it will be to loud. They offer 2for1 promos, but you have to explicitly ask, or you just get 1. Internet coverage isn't too good in the rooms. Nice thing is that all showers have soap (and it's actually refilled). Great location.

My 2nd stay at Viajero was awesome and I plan on visiting their sister hostels in the future. I checked out after accidentally leaving an expensive speaker out in a high traffic common area. The courteous, helpful and honest staff found and secured it for me until a friend could come pick it up several days later. The place was alway clean and quiets down at midnight so you can get a good night's rest for your next day's adventure. Viajero understands what the traveler wants & provides!

Great place, staff is great, please get more fans for the outside and more cameras for the streets not just in front of the hostel. Tourist are all over and people know this a hostel so it would be safer to have more cameras with more of the street view to see what is going on.

Nice hostel. Met there some amazing people. When you want to book something that they don't book every day then it's so exhausting. Better try it by your own.