El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Good hostel, well positioned in the Cartagena old town. Unfortunately, they appear to have employed a selection of people who see it as a hardship to have to answer questions and give help to travellers. Most of the desk staff seemed more intent on looking at their phones than being of any assistance at all. Real shame though, as the rooms are all well equipped to deal with Cartagena's stifling heat, and the hostel itself, although big, it had an excellent communal area and atmosphere.

Nice enough hostel in a decent location but there are much better options in cartagena for the price you pay here

My boyfriend asked the guy on the front desk what time do the buses leave to go to Santa Marta. The guy failed to tell him that the hostel has 2 buses that run daily, so we wasted time and money making our own way to the bus station! I stayed there for 2 nights & on the second morning I found a bed bug in my bed. I didn't realise what it was, then I noticed my legs had been bitten loads!! I reported it to the lady on the front desk and she didn't seem bothered! I didn't even get an apology!!!

It was alright. A bit dirty, a bit hot and a bit loud. Cartagena is general is more expensive than other cities.... I met nice people and had a good stay!

Great location, staff, rooms and activities. They only need more charging plugs in each room.

• 7th Jun 2015

Really nice vibe here and lot's of activities advertised by staff. Everything you really need from a hostel plus working AC which most people worship!

Receptionist are VERY cold. Each time I asked them a question, I seemed to bother them. @manager of the hostel: recruit passionate people! The hostel is also too big for me. I like smaller hsotels as they are more intimate and you can easily meet people. Apart from that, excellent experience overall.

• 6th Jun 2015

Should provide more handouts about the city and things to do- even a map would have been very helpful!

• 5th Jun 2015

Great place to stay, have fun and meet people. Just loved it!

Highly recommended. All rooms have aircon - essential in Cartagena! Good chilled atmosphere, head to the media Luna party on Wednesday night.

Great Stay in Cartagena. The hostel is perfect. Air Con in ALL rooms, good breaffast, big areas to socialize. Out door Bar, TV Room with air con to get away from the heat of the city.

Good hostel, nothing amazing though. Lockers are under the beds which I find a bit annoying but thats just personal preference. Good location in the old town, easy to walk everywhere. Rooms are spacious and have AC, however you have to ask at the front desk everyday to turn the AC on. Fairly expensive for what it is, but Cartagena is an expensive town. Breakfast was okay, but don't expect much between 9.30-10.00 - they don't really replenish it.

Location is great, many beautiful zones in cartagena are close to the hostel. I would like to say that most of the time, the facilities were not clean, which is a shame because other hostels in Colombia impressed me for their cleaniness. The staff was not very enthusiastic, maybe because they work many hours but still i expect them to be more interested in the guests. They were never rude, they were kind but not as resourceful as i am used.

They give rooms with a good price in an expensive city like Cartagena. The private rooms are located in another building, seperated from dorms which is very good since its quite. I had a private room in that building and I really liked the traditional inner architecture and decoration of building. The good thing was that breakfast and wifi were available in the same building. Nice stay, certainly recommended.

Average hostel. Has some activities everyday and location is right in the old centre. Staff however isnt bother to explain you anything or handle any questions and internet work for almost 2 days

We stayed for two days. One -the wifi didn't work till the last night at 10pm. There are computers, but they are slower then a sloth crossing a road and really hinders us in making future plans. Two -the staff, not all, but most were so unfriendly, cold and unhelpful, if we asked a question we were looked at strangely and then given the shortest answer possible. Three -your desk ? What your desk ? There is a book of tours to do and back to number one, no one to help. Four -bathrooms yuck!

This hostel is a pretty great place for meeting cool people. The location is great too in the heart of the old town in Cartagena. The staff is not helpful though and it's definitely not the cleanest hostel I've been too. I met a lot of great people here though so I would recommend it. Also AC is a major plus.

You have to make your own beds here which isn't a big deal, but the staff unmade and took away my sheets 3 days in a row. So making a top bunk in the boiling heat every day was pretty annoying. They also over booked the room and tried sorting it out at 1.30am, turning the lights on and waking everyone up. And then on the last day to top it all off they told us the wrong meet point for the walking tour. In summary the staff are completely useless.....

Great and fun atmosphere. Lots of events to help meet other travelers.

A very centrally located hostel in the old centre! It is he best place to stay and at this place it is very easy to meet other travelers. The staff is friendly and lot's of facilities (including wifi), however I have been to hostels were you get more value for your money. The reason is that the hostel is very big and therefore not personal. Nonetheless, in terms of location and security this hostel is really good!