El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

I was traveling with a bunch of friends and when they left I decided to switch hostels. I choose El Viajero because of other reviews online. I wasn't disappointed! The atmosphere was clean and extremely friendly. Within an hour I had made new friends and was headed off on an adventure with them. The only "down" of the trip was it took awhile to check in but it turns out it was because the previous occupant of my room reported a broken light and they fixed it immediately.

• 19th Nov 2015

It's a great hostel if you want to party and meet people. The bar does close at 12 so if you don't feel like partying at least you can still sleep. The location is pretty good as well. It's in the Old Town and 10 minutes walk from most points of interest. The dorms have A/C however only at night. I think this is pretty normal for most hostels as electricity is expensive. I slept in until 11 or 12 each day so I know for sure the rooms are cleaned and mopped each morning and so are the bathrooms.

It took over 30 minutes to check in and there was only one shower and toilet for the whole block (we were across the street) HOWEVER I thought this hostel was simply fantastic. Definitely a party hostel that make the most wonderful mojitos! The free breakfast was great too - fruit, toast, meats, coffee and juice. A secure (keypad locked) safe in the room. Great for solo travellers as they have an event on every night. Only 10000COP to get there from the airport too. We had a great time!

Great location in the walled city. The free breakfast in the morning is a little basic, but still better than nothing. It can get loud at night, especially if you're staying in a room near the bar. This didn't bother me, because I was out socializing every night. I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. It is really easy to meet other people here, and there is a great vibe.

• 17th Nov 2015

Pros: - Great hostel with a very social atmosphere in the main building - Big and comfortable common areas to lounge and hang out - Easy to meet people and activities every night - Easy to arrange day trips through staff - Quiet rooms and lobby in the annex building - Central location in old town - Fast WIFI internet Cons - Lights broke in my bathroom - No hot water (only cold showers) - Facilities could use some improvement - Some staff members more helpful than others

A very social hostel.

Rocking hostel! Great times at the city, the staff is awesome s/o to Alvaro, breakfast good enough, I stayed a few nights over there and had a ball

• 17th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel and great annex they have for people who wants to rest and have a quiet time, the AC in the room is a MUST in Cartagena, the staff is mostly nice, thanks to the tall guy at the front desk who helped me with everything, from making the reservation to showing me what to do and what to see in cartagena

• Switzerland

AMAZING hostel! I was there with my bnoyfriend and we had a wonderful time at the city and at the hsotel, the breakfast is included, AC in he rooms and the staff is great! Thank you for everything Alvaro

• 17th Nov 2015

El Viajero has many things on the plus side: the rooms are big and clean; each person has a personal safe where there's a plug to leave your phone charging; organizes group activities; the staff is nice, specially in the bar. On the down side is the fact that since it is such a big hostel, it's easy to find many people sitting by themselves in different points of the patios, so to be social one has to make an extra effort. The happy hour and the salsa lessons do help out, though.

This is a great place to stay as a solo traveller. It's really easy to meet people and in a safe area. The rooms are basic and a bit cave-like (dark) but the AC works great and you can hang out on the hammocks or courtyard and not the room!

Stayed in a triple room and whilst the room was nice , it was placed directly next to the bar as in the bathroom window would open up onto it. There was no discount offered for this room and considering the bar plays loud music till far after midnight , this should have been offered. Free breakfast but no tea or hot water offered , only coffee. The location is great for thr old town and we would stay here again

Stayed for 4 nights at the start of my Colombian trip. Nice, clean hostel with friendly staff. Great vibes and a great location in the old city. Would recommend.

This place was awesome and the staff was excellent.

Its a good hostel to arrive to, in the center of everything and great location if you want to go out to eat, bars, and just walk around.

I have to say that this was a huge disappointment, and very expensive for what it is. Quiet hours don't start until midnight, and people congregate on the benches outside of the rooms instead of in the bar area, making it impossible to sleep. Breakfast is some sliced white bread, jam and a little fruit. You have to wash your own dishes. For $50/night I expect a little better. The staff also royally messed up our shuttle to shuttle to Santa Marta and wasted the better part of a day.

• 10th Nov 2015

Stayed for one night here and had a pleasant stay. Rooms were OK, wifi was very good, breakfast was pretty poor. The tv room is great though with excellent channels and comfy couches

Good place to meet people and to party. Many activities are available. Bit it was very noisy. Thus not the place to get a good nights sleep.

• 9th Nov 2015

we are very sorry pia carolina, during this week was a little busy the city because of the local festivities, we hope next time everything will be quiet for you to sleep.

Very good hostel. It can be a bit busy and loud. It's more of a large party hostel. The staff was great mostly great.

Great hostel in a fantastic location in the old town. Very sturdy beds and a well stocked bar. Ronald made our stay even more fun.