El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Good hostel which is always busy and has a good breakfast included. There are other hostels with more character though.

Our room was filthy (dust hanging from the fan, dead bugs in the light, floors clearly hadn't been mopped) so they switched us to a new room that was somewhat better, but still wasn't clean. It was over twice the price of any other hostel we have stayed at in Colombia and for paying that much I expected a much better room. Would not recommend.

Was here for 12 nights, it's an okay place, the room was big (female 6 bed) and clean, okay shower facilities. The hostel was a big place and not so social, the staff was not helpful at all and seemed rude from time to time. I wouldn't stay here again.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Fine, big hostel, you can arrange nice trips from the hostel. Good security (you'll get your own locker for your backpack and a small safe). I was a solo traveller and it was not so easy to make contact with others, there were a lot of groups staying.

• 25th Jan 2015

I have been in two different hostels in Cartagena and i completely recommend EL VIAJERO. Incredible people, incredible atmosphere and incredible location. It was in the most beautiful part of Cartagena. You get to meet lot of people from different places. And you have the opoortunity of doing different activities durning the day and night. At night the hostel has a great bar with great free activities for you to meet other people I tottaly recommend this place.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

This is a good hostel and probably the only "party hostel" in Cartagena that actually gets the numbers necessary to classify as a party hostel. Sadly it all just seems a bit lacklustre - which has been the case with each El Viajero hostel I've stayed at. The hostel is a good place to meet people and they have a bar and occasional activities but it doesn't seem anyone is in charge. Quality couldbe much improved upon...

I really enjoyed my stay, glad I found El Viajero. My only hiccup was when I bus was arranged for Santa Marta, the service required me to pay them on top of what I paid the hostel. After trying to resolve it, it appears its the bus service's fault, but optimizing the hostel's business partners would prob be helpful to travelers if this wasnt an isolated event.

• 23rd Jan 2015

We were a group of five members. Only one night we had to sleep in a separate bedroom. Each bed has a locker, that is really big: all my belongings could fit perfectly. You have to bring you own locker, or buy one at reception. The dorms don't have a key, so you could enter freely in any dorm you want (that was kind of insecure in my opinion. You only have 2 power outlets for all the room

VEry clean, nice hostel, without sounding lame the music spekers should only be in the bar as difficult to sleep before an early flight. But otherwise lovely lovely staff helpful, friendly, nuce bar, great atmosphere in perfect location to explore the old city. Loved it here and have already reccommended it to others,.

Too expensive for the money. Not that nice the rooms. Not comforfable.

Very nice and helpful staff, great location!!! Good value for a hostel

• 22nd Jan 2015

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel was one of the best hostels I ever stayed. The crew is very nice and kind, always trying to help you. The facilities are great and the location is unsurpassable. Definitly recomended!!!

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel offers all the things a traveler needs!! Highly recommended!

• 21st Jan 2015

If you want to relax and go to bed early this is not the hostel for you. Lots of people up late... good for socialising. Cold showers are refreshing. Dorm beds comfortable and air con realllllly cools you down in the room. Lockers under the beds can be a little frustrating to access. Laundry service seems to charge 14,000 regardless of the size of the load. Count your items before and after. Breakfast is sugary cereal, white bread with jam and juice. Internet good. Staff pretty good.

Very enjoyable stay. Perfect location, super clean, comfy bed, working wifi and air conditioning. Very good value for money.

• 20th Jan 2015

Security is non-existent. After moving to a different hostel I realised I had forgotten a t-shirt on the clothesline here. 2 days after I had checked out, I just walked in, took my T-shirt and walked out again without anybody stopping or questioning me (the people at reception could not have recognised/remembered me). Only 1 power outlet in dorm and that was under dripping a/c so we could not use it fearing a short circuit.

Easy to find. Plenty of places to eat cheap nearby. Good tours. Very social. Would stay again!

The hostel is amazing with great atmosphere, and the staff is very simpatic and eficient. The breakfast is Simple but is good (cofee, Milk, juice, fruits, bread, butter,, corn flakes) The location is the best as possible, with good security and easy acces to al places in cartagena. One of the best hostels ever.

Nice Hostel to stay, it was just a bit overprice at the time we were there, but thats the disadvantage if u travel at the high season. But the Hostel was very clean and they organize almost every evening something, so its as well a very nice hostel to travel alone.

The rooms are nice, really good AC. Its clean,good breakfast.