El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Really good central hostel. We booked a private room, which was in an other building. Its just 50m but the main building is much better with more people.

It is overpriced and very crowded. When i arrived there were 4 staffs at the reception and still too much people were waiting at front. On the other hand, all the rooms are facing each other so there is small village atmosphere which is great at night to get social.

Great hostel to meet people

A great and fun hostel. Staff were friendly and knowledgable. Good location in the middle of beautiful old town in Cartagena. Close to the wall and close to the grocery store.

Great hostel. I stayed in a single room for one week, which was spacious and comfortable. It had aircon and a TV. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Staff was very helpful. Location is nice and the hostel is good to meet people.

viajero was definitely a party hostel, people were up till 4 am, one of the guys in our 10 person dorm room must have either been partying pretty hard or was an extremely heavy sleeper because he was snoring so loud since he got back at 1 in the morning that I could hear it loudly though my ear plugs. I tried to tap him so he would roll over but he was out cold.

Excellent place! Was my second time there! And I would be come back anytime. Thanks.

My second stay at El Viajero! After arriving, I requested to change my mixed-dorm reservation to the same female-only room I had on the last visit and paid the difference in cash. Chevére! During this stay, I used the convenient patio kitchen with stove, oven and 2 refrigerators. Unfortunately, some sad viajero stole a 1.5 liter of water from my sealed reusable shopping bag, but Karma will find them. Overall, another great stay with Miriam and the wonderful staff at El Viajero. Gracias, amigos!

Well setup typical chain super hostel. A nice bar area, and tv room. The layout is a bit prison-esque, and my room was right on the road, coupled with a generally youthful clientele, I didn't get a lot of sleep. Not for those seeking the chilled vibe and the breakfast sucked. Location is awesome and staff are helpful.

For sure the best hostel in Cartagena. Even though it is a bit more pricey than the other ones, the location and the atmosphere pay for it. Great place to meet and talk with fellow travelers!

Nice hostel, I would go back! But the staff didnt know much about the different tours and could have been better when it comes to tips and recommendations about what to do and how...

Great 2 for 1 mojito party hour!

El Viajero was awesome, the staff is super helpful, and it's a clean/comfortable place to stay. The breakfast they offer isn't anything special, but still a great deal. There were lots of good people staying there, making it easy to make friends with other travelers along your journey. It's located in a great place within the Old Walled City, and it's an easy walk to the good parties in Gestemani. I would definitely recommend to any traveler that they consider staying at El Viajero.

Staff were less friendly than other hostels across Colombia. Booking was accidentally cancelled because the day worker did not communicate properly with the night shift worker. You have to make your bed yourself after being handed a bag of sheets. Overpriced in comparison to other hostels across Colombia also. Ideal location. We only used it for somewhere to sleep which is good enough.

They should give towells for free.

Really good hostel, busy, cool bar and dance lessons. Drinks a bit pricey but acceptable. Good location in the old town. Would stay again.

For sure the best hostel that i have ever been.

This hostel is much better than I expected! I really had a great time. People there are awesome and colaborate for good things happen.

Great place to stay!! Near everything, clean and tidy!!!!

Amazing stay, was recommended this place by my mates and I can see why! Fantastic atmosphere, staff were awesome and the guests were from all over the world. Room were very comfortable, clean and quiet. Facilities are great, lots of space to socialise, or have quiet time. Great value for money. It's so good that I extended my stay. If you want a good vibe , great location and chill people def come here.

• 16th Apr 2014