El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Great hostel, superb location. Would have been a 10 if it wasn't for the lazy personally / policies: making up your own bed, washing your own breakfast dishes, renting a towel for one of the most expensive hostels in Colombia..?

• 16th Mar 2015

Horrible experience. So bad that I decided to leave and find another place the 2nd day. After checking in and paying, was informed that sheets were not available for my bed because they ran out. This is unacceptable. Showers and bathrooms were dirty and never cleaned. They give you a wristband to identify you, but I was asked numerous times to verify my info. I was approached by hustlers in the street who immediately identified where I was staying, and saying they know where to find me.

Hi , We are sorry to know you had this experience with us. We undesrtand we had to improve our service taking in count we attended 150 people every day. We had clean service almost 24 hour per a day and make the hardest effort to keep the place clean to you have a good stay with us. Wristband are our element to identificated guest who are no staying with us and guarante the security for our guest. Thank you for your time and hope you come back and make us better. Margarita.Regional Manager

Overall our stay at El Viajero was great. The space was cool, the facilities were decent, the bar was nice and the location was great. Unfortunately the staff wasn't as friendly as I hope for and see at other hostels.

• 14th Mar 2015

The hostel is placed in an excellent location within the old city. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was very basic compared with other hostels I've stayed in and it's a little more expensive but not by much. Whilst they have numerous activities for their guests I didn't partake as I was busy exploiting what Cartagena had to offer. All in all my two nights were great and it's a wonderful place to stay.

I wanted to stay longer. I was traveling alone and got to meet a lot of people, the staff is amazing and the bar has a really cool vibe. The location is really good, breakfast is good, but the best thing is definitely the overall environment of the place, it's fun but it's not a party place where you can't sleep because of the noise (because the bar closes at midnight).The dancing lessons are so much fun. I'd definitely stay here again.

I spend great days in cartagena, thanks to the viajero. Really good accommodation, the rooms are secure and clean. The bar and the dance clases are pure fun. Best thing: Breakfast.

The staff were very unfriendly and confusing -- I was told I was paying for the entire 3 days when we first arrived, and went ahead to swipe my credit card. Upon checkout, I was told I had only paid for one night. This hostel is all self-serve: make your own bed up, self-serve breakfast, etc. Compared to other hostels we stayed in, this struck me as lazy on their part. Great location, but terrible service overall.

Hi , Recieve our apologizes for the payment issue. We are a hostel with 150 beds, and 19 employees and try to distributed all this job the best we can. Making your bed or washing your dishes is part of being in a hostel all around the world. Sorry again and hope you still have a good trip. Regards. Margarita. Regional Manager

Big and nice hostel, good atmosphere, large area for activities and partying. Rooms could be cleaner, and also the bathroom (I was in a bedroom with a shared bathroom inside). The tours sold there are more expensive than out in other tourism agencies.

Very noisy in the morning. The Staff do not control other guest with annoying behaviors early in the morning.

Hi Thank you for your suggestions. we are working on changes the noise control at night!. regards. Margarita. Regional Manager

Nice hostel with really friendly staff in a good location

Nice hostel

Good kitchen but its busy. Lots of group areas and activities so its easy to make friends. Relaxed yet fun bar. Comfortable but social. Close to shops/restaurants/bars etc and safe. 15 min walk to getsemani for loud bars and nightlife. Loud until about midnight but its a chill and respectful environment.

Great location in the walled city. The staff will help you with whatever you need, they just wont be on first named terms with you as there are so many guests coming and going. Its fine. There is a big locker for each bed, so I don't know why people are saying they had things stolen. Good breakfast. Decent bar open until midnight-ish. WiFi works well and 3 PCs. Not the cheapest hostel in the word. more of a hotel style atmosphere in truth due to volume of guests in and out. ample showers/wcs

Thank you so much . Great to hear you had a good expirence with us!. Hope to see you back soon! Regards Margarita. Regional Manager

Everything was amazing, the city, the location, the staff, specially Alvaro, he was extremely helpful and always willing to make my experience awesome.

Good atmosphere and great hostel to meet people. Lots of tours available from the hostel and activities, helpful staff too. Just a bit far from gethsemane bars but is located in a beautiful part of Cartagena close to the old city wall. A great stay overall and I would return!

Good location. Reception staff was not very helpful, except Maryem. Ask her if you need any help. It is hard to get info from the others. Crowded hostel, if you are lucky you can meet interesting people, but generally party trevelers around there.

Very clean, great friendly staff, breakfast was delicious, rooms with ac, location nice

Cool staff, decent location, would stay there again.

Good hostel, the safes available in the dorms are awesome especially in this town and the Netflix on the tv with air con in the tv room is a great touch for a Sunday hangover

Well located hostel. Ideal for people looking to have fun and meet other travellers.