El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Not my favorite hostel. The showers were dirty and right on the common area making you feel a bit exposed. Guests have to clean their own plates after breakfast.

EL Viajero Hostel was a great stay. The rooms were clean and the AC was cold. The staff are fluent in both English and Spanish which really helped out as I don´t speak Spanish. The wifi worked and breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, juice and some fresh fruit. The staff was helpful when it came to club recommendations for the night and helped to book the bus ride to Santa Marta. The people who stay here are equally inviting and it was easy to find a group to go out for the night.

• 10th Jul 2014

I stayed here for a total of 10 days and the staff were most helpfull and extremely friendly. Everything is within walking distance and made some good friends. My bed was made every day and this is the first hostel I have come across that does this. Muchos cracias

• 8th Jul 2014

Place was really nice to stay at, great location, couldn't get any better, clean with AC. Was social but not a party hostel. I went back and stayed a second time.

I had a great time at El Viajero - very nice and safe neighbourhood, clean rooms with a/c, the bar is superbe and the staff is very helpful and adorable! Loved it!

• Switzerland

Thank you so much for help alex, I really appreciated all what you did for me during my stay in Cartagena, good hostel with air condition in all the rooms.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff were incredibly friendly and from all accounts hard working. The cleanliness was top knotch and there were lots of great activities. Would recommend it 100%.

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you Viajero for everything, i had a good time in this hostel and the sfatt is realy nice people, friendly and helpful. El hello thank you to teach me some spanish words :)

• British Indian Ocean Territory

Good location, staff nice, beds comfortables with air conditioned in the rooms, which is really appreciable.

The "breakfast" isn't anything to write home about - just cereal and toast. Overall the stay was great!

• 4th Jul 2014

The hostel is definitely for young travellers who wish to meet lots of people and party, so if thats what you are looking for I can truly recommend it. They have a nice bar (though drinks are tiny), many spacious shower stalls, rooms have air-conditioning (which is definitely highly appreciated in the heat). When we were there they had a water shortage and no running water for most of the time (but that was a city issue), my friends however had a hard time getting their laundry back when we left

Had a good stay in the hostel and it had a nice courtyard where it was easy to socialize with other travellers . It's got a good location and the complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus. Our stay was marred when our laptop was stolen from under the pillows of the bed, granted it was our own fault since there are lockers provided. We still found it odd how our bed was the only one not touched in an 8 bed dorm by housekeeping that morning.

Lacking in a bit of atmosphere & very moody staff. Facilities & location great plus good wifi. The fact they don't have proper lockers & instead have small (very loud & beepy) safes in the room is annoying as they need to be used at all hours.

Nice hostel, really good location inside the walls of the old town. Rooms are clean and come with air con. Showers and bathrooms are also clean. Not a massive party hostel but there's a nice bar area for socialising and people seem to all go out together at night.

Don't even think about staying in a hostel without air conditioning. In this hostel all the rooms, even the cheapest, have it. There are few bathrooms for the amount of rooms and staff ask your wishes always with a tedious face like: ok........I can do this favor to you....

When we got to the hostel they told us we could not check in till 2 and we were completely fine with that. We came back around 2:20ish and the receptionist told us that housekeeping was still cleaning rooms and that our bed was not ready, 1.5 hours later it still wasn't ready. When I asked a different guy, he said that the laundry delivery was not in. Long story short the delivery truck came and dropped off clean sheets and towels around 10 pm.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

the breakfast could be improved.

• 27th Jun 2014

We stayed in a double room, but the double room is to expensive with this price compared to hotels with better standard. The showers were VERY dirty both mornings and evenings and the cleanliness on the small kitchen bad - milk from an open container of flies and visible debris floating around the surface.

My suggestions would be: the hostel should be cleaner, the staff should do the breakfast dishes (not the guests) so that they get cleaned better, the computers should be upgraded because they're painfully slow almost to the point of being useless. But if you're used to slightly grungy hostels and you're ok with that, then this place would be fine. Great location and the staff was helpful booking day trips and buses to other cities.

• 26th Jun 2014

Great hostel, it's like a travelers commune, huge but very nicely designed with a nice bar which closes at midnight so it is not too loud. Staff was friendly and fun and my friend and I had a great time there and met some cool people. I would stay there again for sure.