El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Thought this place wasn't worth the price we paid. Free breakfast was a plus though

Good hostel without being great. Nice spaces to meet people and the rooms have air con which is simply a must in this city given how hot it gets. Would recommend

Good location, great helpful staff, and a fun hostel. They have activities planned every night, a bar, and enough facilities to accommodate the large amount of people staying there. They have a big staff who are always keeping the hostel clean and stacked with amenities. I met a lot of great people easily in their patio areas and some even joined us on the rest of our trip through South America. Overall, a really fun place and great staff.

Great place, I would always stay again here! The rooms are located around patios equipped with chairs, tables and hammocks. The room itself was big, very clean and comfy. The kitchen was alright, with everthing you could need. Wifi is fast. Location great. So very recommendable!

Great hostel with a very friendly people. Good location, highly recommended!

This hostel is massive - 90+ guest capacity. With those numbers, it's easy to just be another guest to the staff, but all were professional. A/C in the rooms in Cartagena is a must, and every room at this hostel has A/C; however, they only run it at night, so the rooms are a sauna during the day time. Bar area is chill, and nightly events mix it up; however, I was there on a Friday night and they took us to an overcrowded bar that charged COP 10,000 cover - got in and left after 20 minutes.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Hostel was really clean and comfy. Lockable storage under the beds for everyone. Lots of showers and bathroms. Kitchen with breakfast every morning. Great communal areas for meeting and chatting to other travellers. Watch out for dust mites and bed bugs. My brother switched from top bunk to bottom bunk on our last night and was eaten alive and now is COVERED in litte bites. Other than that i would go back and stay there again. I really liked it.

Clean, big hostel, very nice atmosphere! Great to have good air con in the rooms. The down side was the staff for us: we expected a lot more from them out of the reviews, but they seemed to be very busy helping different people at the same time, not really convenient because we had to wait for a long time to get an answer on questions. This happened multiple times with different people. Maybe they need more staff? For us this was kind of a turn off. Good breakfast and bar though!

Was a good hostel in a nice location. Would stay again

The hostel was in a good location, but the atmosphere here wasn't great. It wasn't easy to meet people and the vibe was a bit stiff.

Amazing, location is good, clean good bedrooms, ar coinditioner... i love this hostel.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

What a great introduction to Colombia by staying at El Viajero! Great amenities, good wifi (I was working while here, so this was important), and an excellent staff. Would recommend to everyone!

Great staff !!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Stayed here by myself and it was very easy to make friends. Great atmosphere and cheap drinks at the bar.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Poor staff make this not worth it. Checked out and into mamallena instead - much better, more buzzy location, heaps friendlier and helpful staff

A little expensive, but you must consider Cartagena is not a cheap city. Breakfast is included in the price, I think, but that’s not a problem since you have different cereals, juice, bread and tropical fruits. The reception staff I met was a little unfriendly; however, the kitchen lady was so friendly, I realized not everyone is grumpy. Dorms with AC are amazing for sleeping. Beautiful patios. You’ll have plenty of space in this hostel. I recommend it!

Everybody just seemed to be keeping to themselves

The best option to stay at in Cartagena, EVER! Great location (in the very middle of the antique city), clean and secure place, friendly and helpfull staff, reasonable price and a delicious breakfast. Special remark to the manager Margarita, she was very helpfull and nice. I'll be back for sure.

To summarise: great hostel, great location, and meet a lot of good people there. However, the best thing about El Viajero is the staff. Fantastic helpful and always with a smile. Will definitely recommend El Viajero Hostel to other travelers.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • jHalsbog
  • Norway

Facilities were excellent... air conditioning is the top priority in Cartagena and the rooms in this hostel are ice cold. Fast and reliable wi fi connection. Staff were a bit unfriendly compared to other hostels in Colombia and the atmosphere was lacking, but I did arrive just after the weekend.