El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Nice Hostel to stay, it was just a bit overprice at the time we were there, but thats the disadvantage if u travel at the high season. But the Hostel was very clean and they organize almost every evening something, so its as well a very nice hostel to travel alone.

The rooms are nice, really good AC. Its clean,good breakfast.

A good place to stay

Location is ideal, you definitely want to be in historical district. Free breakfast in the morning. AC at night is adequate. Overall cleanliness was great (this isn't a hotel). I would definitely stay here again. The bar area is a very nice, turns to a social meeting ground at night. More than adequate.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • India

Big party hostel indeed. Lots of travelers. Basic free breakfast. Close to the supermarkets. Clean hostels since it seems there's always someone mopping the floors and bathrooms.

Good place to stay at the wall city

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Great pleace to stay! It has a perfect balance between social/party and quietness to have some rest. I would def stay there again!

Nice place and well located. If you wanna party, it is a place to stay.

This was a great stay for a party hostel. The roommates were rather respectful and the bathrooms were clean. There was no hot water and the shower pressure was low.

Just stayed here one night, was a cheap taxi

Was only able to book a private room ahead of time. Did not realize I would be in an "annex" as they called it. Heard the hostel was great socially, but being in this annex was very isolating, or else you had to walk down about half a block to the main hostel, but very annoying to have all your stuff half a block away.

NOISY AT NIGHTS

The best place to stay:)

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Dorms were extremely spacious and had AC (a thing you really want in Cartagena). Location is perfect in the old part of the town, breakfast is really good also! Would stay there again.

The hostel had a good location and facilities were designed for traverler's comfort. Could be noisy at night and morning.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is awesome! ALl the facilities and the staff is really amazing, specially ALvaro who helped me with everything I needed it. Nice breakfast and over all atmosphere

• 31st Dec 2014

I didnt like my check out experience. I spoke to someone the night before my check out who let me know when she thought i should check out so that they could call a cab for me in time to go to the airport. the morning of my departure, the man asked me to get my sheets (which i went back and got) and then i asked him to organise the cab. he muttered something in spanish and said that i had to walk down the road and try to hail one down. didnt bother getting up from the seat he was sitting on.

• 30th Dec 2014

Very good hostel. I would say this the most "social" hostel I've stayed at, but it wasn't a party hostel by any means. Since El Viajero is a chain, they were very organized and had great facilities and a great location. Would definitely recommend!

Alejandra the bartender is the best! Tonight's the night

Great place to stay. Pretty big, so hard to get to know many people, but you can count on there being a party. Recommended.