El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

The hostel is to big! There are to many people, so there is all the time new faces. I didn't get a key for my room, and no one did, so everyone can go into your room. And since the hostel is so big, the staff can make sure that someone strangers goes into your room. The breakfast is free, and it's ok. It is toast, fruit, cereal and coffee. The music is to loud, and people are sitting outside the room - talking loud because of the music. So it can be hard to get some sleep before midnight.

Hi . Thanks you for your feedback. We are sorry your did not have a good expriencie staying with us. Dorms has not key becouse every individual guest has their own locker and security box free to use. We also use wrist band in order to identificaded our guests their visitors. The bar goes till midnight for people who wants to socialize with others. Thank you again. Margarita

Nice place, made heaps of friends, staff seem annoyed to help you sometimes, same with the bar staff. it made us not want to ask questions if we needed to. Otherwise a great hostel

For that price of a bedroom for two without a bathroom wasnt a good experience, I ve already found another hostals inside Cartagena Old City with bathroom with better prices. I cannot rent the bikes because of the hour!! awfulll, disgusting.... Felipe Rey philipoby@gmail.com

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

A good hostel for Cartagena. Stayed only one night but it offered everything i needed (central location in old town, AC in dorms, breakfast included). It's also possible to book a door to door transfert to Santa Marta. And they sell nice T shirt for souvenir^^ A bit more expensive than hostels in other cities, but that's Cartagena! Will stay here again if i go back in future.

Best location inside the walls. Also very clean!

Pros: Good A/C at night. Great place to meet a lot of people. Nice bar. Location. Nice breakfast. Cons: Crowded and very dirty, esp the bathrooms. 'Spring break' kind of atmosphere - lots of smoke and drink. Staff not friendly. My shorts/shirt were stolen out of the bathroom.

Decent place

A lot of people out in the common areas each night and typically seemed like at least one or two groups heading out at some point, so good for a solo traveller. Includes a breakfast - fruit, cereal, juice. Things seemed a little bit dirty - rooms, facilities - but it's also kind of an outdoor, open, beach type feel of a setup so I guess it all kind of fits the vibe. Staff was helpful with questions asked.

The location is great and the hostel offers a lot of activities. Not all the staff speaks English. Breakfast is rather poor. What I really didn't like is that they make you wear bracelets as a proof that you're staying in the hostel; makes me feel like cattle. The dorm room was quite dirty but the showers and toilets were okay. Gets quite noisy at night.

Hi Thank you for your feedback. Wrist band are needed to use in order to identificated our guests for security. Our activities happens at the bar that goes till midnight so there is change for people to meet other people an a placent time of others to sleep. Best regards. Margarita

Sometimes it was hard to sleep because my room were closer to the bar :/ It's my unique complain.

A great place to stay. Easy to find. Plenty of showers. Good enough basic breakfast. Lots of places to relax with or without people. Would stay again.

Best hostel I ever stayed in.

It is a really busy place, most of the time I had to wait 15 minutes for a shower.

The hostel its not one of the cheapest of Cartagena but the cost-benefit of it it's great. The breakfast offered is simple but enough, on the other hand the beds are super comfortable and the hostel is very clean! Met some fun people there, would definetely come back

• 30th Jan 2015

Good Hostel in general.. But overprice In high season,

ok place. dirty bathroom and poor breakfast.

Great location. Decent hostel. Nothing bad tho nothing too impressive either.

Not a bad place to stay a little noisey and some of the staff are just rude. also really tight on the A/C which got turned off at 530 in the morning and by 930 it was that hot in the rooms had to ask 3 times to get it turned back on.

Good hostel which is always busy and has a good breakfast included. There are other hostels with more character though.

Our room was filthy (dust hanging from the fan, dead bugs in the light, floors clearly hadn't been mopped) so they switched us to a new room that was somewhat better, but still wasn't clean. It was over twice the price of any other hostel we have stayed at in Colombia and for paying that much I expected a much better room. Would not recommend.