El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Great staff and location. Made amazing friends!

Loved this hostel... Atmosphere was lovely, staff lovely and other travellers lovely also. In a very good location. Really good if you are travelling solo because it's easy to meet people. Always something to do in the evenings.

A big hostel near to a great restaurantes, market and banks. Nice atmosphere and easy to meet people! Not a party hostel, but the bar is great and a lot of people stay there at night. The AC helps a lot, but the bathroom inside the room could be better! I recommend and my stay there was awesome!

Good location

Always clean, friendly atmosphere and in a great spot, El Viajero was the perfect base for our 6 night stay in Cartagena. Staff were helpful with organising day trips and the free breakfast is basic but does the job - supermarkets really close if you want to make it more exciting! Be sure to head to Media Luna hostel on Wednesday night for a party and check out gelateria Tramonti for real ice cream on those hot afternoons. Would definitely stay here again if I found myself back In Cartagena.

Noisy at night with music so if you want quiet might not be the best place.But great atmosphere and so helpful

This is a good hostel with comfortable beds, excellent wifi and good A/C when its on. Location is brilliant, in a very safe area and next to a supermarket. I vividly recommend it! Bad news 1: While in the hostel we must to use a red bracelet to control the entrance of the guests, but I didn´t feel it safe... at the end I felt like anyone could get into the hostel, guests or not. Bad news 2: no keys to close rooms door.

Nice, clean, perfect location...

I went with my best friends and what a nice experience we had in Cartagena thanks to the amazing staff in the hostel, thank you Alvaro for all the 411 and your welcoming attitude

• Denmark

What a great hostel in Cartagena, AC in the rooms, daily activities in the bar, they have an agency in the reception so they help you with all of the tours, breakfast could use a little help and the staff is very welcoming and helpful with all you need, specially Avaro

• Denmark

LOVED this hostel, I initially stayed for 1 night, but it is sooo good I decided to stay longer, the staff is awesome and it truly is one of the best I came across, Alvaro thank you for all the info and for being so patient hahaha

• Denmark

The location of this hostel is good. There is also many common areas. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. There is many tours/activities help at this hostel.

Really liked this hostel. It's like a big cartagenian house, rooms clean and organized, they have kicks in each room and AC! You must have AC in your room. Staff was friendly and the breakfast delicious , yummy fruits. They have salsa lessons.

Great hostel with great staff. They have air conditioning in every room which was definitely needed. We felt that the bus to playa Blanca was a little over priced. Would definitely stay again!

Very cool hostel, they have AC in all of the rooms, breakfast is included and the staff is very nice; shout out to Albaro who was extremely helpful and knows EVERYTHING hahaha

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Superb hosetl! I had a wonderful time there, I went with my brother, and both of us were very impresed mainly by the staff who ere extemely helpful, specially Alvaro, thank you for everything!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

The air con in this hostel was a lifesaver! Staff were helpful when asked questions, but they definitely don't volunteer information so do make sure to ask any queries.

The safe boxes at our room didn't work and their sockets had no electricity, which left us with just two sockets per 8 bed dorm. The information given by the staff about the tours was not very complete, nor reliable.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

We had a great stay as backpeckers in the hostel! The location is perfect because it's easy to get to the main attractions and safe in the night as well. Regarding the stuff, they were friendly and helpful. Room was clean, comfortable beds and the AC was really important for the hot weather. Breakfast was good, internet worked well and overall we enjoyed our staying there. I recommand it for any traveller.

Very well located inside the wall city. Comfortable bed and well cleaned. Good air conditioning in dorms to sleep. Staff not much helpful neither atentious. Breakfast should be better and would have air conditioning in common areas.