El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

Great hostel and excellent location. Meet some great people here. It's right in the middle of everything. Just too loud to sleep in but that depends on if you enjoy late night partying or not.

Mediocre atmosphere, mediocre staff, good location.

It's a huge hostel, a good chill out area, there is no charger plug available for the top bunk, it was clean, the breakfast worth the price, it's in a good location, the service at the reception wasn't good because they are always busy due to amount of people hosted. When I was doing the check out, I returned the sheets and a label that was stuck in my bed for an employee at the front desk and he told me to take the sheets to another room of an impolite way, as if I already knew that.

Great location, and good guides on what to do. It would be nice though to have some places with aircondition during the days, as Cartagena is very hot. They have though air-con during the nights. Also could be good with locks to the dorm-rooms.

The staff were great, and the location was excellent. The wifi didn't work very well (if at all) in the rooms and the dorms are never locked, so take a lock to use the lockers under the beds. The showers are all external to the rooms and there are not many, but they are clean. The breakfast was very basic and simple with stale bread for toast, sugary cereal and some fruit. Ok for a few nights.

The internet connection better, for many times I couldn't connect my gadgets, to be honest the connection was the worst I've connected. Another thing I thought you can be better is the work times of Air conditioner, We were in a really hot city and the Air conditioner don't work during day. that is crazy. Except it the hostel is really nice, I loved stayed there and if I go to Cartagena again I'll really consider the idea to stay again in El Viajero hostel.

• 24th Apr 2015

This hostel is fantastic. The hostel has a great location and you can walk to nearly everything. The a ride to the airport will only run you 10,000 COPA. The staff is more than accommodating and every recommendation they make is a good one. You can plan just about everything through the hostel in terms of site-seeing and things to do. The atmosphere cannot be beat. There is always something going on, and you can always find someone who is up for grabbing a drink at the back-bar.

The Hostel was very great! The staff is very kind and helpful, the rooms are quite big and the beds are confortable, the kitchen also has a lot of utensils to use. The bar in the evening is great fun because the whole hostel meets there, after 12pm you have to be quite and go somewhere else to party, but we appreciated that becuase you can sleep in silence during the night.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!!

AMAZING hostel! One of the greatest in South America. Super nice staff, great location. Offers tours, classes, has a exciting bar, it's clean. You'll meet great friends there! Could be better: The lockers could be safer, more plugs in the dorms.

Great location, helpful staff and good value for money. I highly recommend this hostel. If you're lucky like me you will get to meet interesting and fun travelers. Cheers.

The place is well located, the staff is nice and the atmosphere is good. My room smelled a bit weird and the sheets weren't exactly clean. But the staff took care of it as soon as I brought it to their attention. With such a big hostel these things can happen, and their reaction says a lot.

I had a great stay and I will continue to recommend and go back. :)

It was so hot in this place. Air con comes on at night, unbearable otherwise. Dorm room adjacent to street and car horns will drive you nuts. Breakfast is pretty good. Needs bit more of a common area to encourage mingling. Some staff could be friendlier.. Ok overall

Breakfast is OK. Showers felt like camp but big & pretty clean. bathrooms kinda far for the middle of the night. AC only on during certain hours. Beds are good. Good mix of people - young / old, various countries, etc. Atmosphere was mixed - lots of events organized but there wasn't a social vibe there. Many different common areas, which I thought was nice but maybe spread everyone out too much. Staff could have been more helpful, clear & excited with tour information & help. Awesome location.

Great hostel. Free classes such as salsa, Pilates etc. good happy hour. Nice comfy beds, clean and sociable. 2 kitchens. They offer transfers and activities near by too. We had a great stay here

Good (safe) location. Fun atmosphere. Clean (except pillows and mattress). Overpriced.

Great location, can walk to everywhere in Cartagena. Not very exciting place if you are looking to party. We found the bar area pretty boring! Staff are nice, especially Carlos. Expensive for what you get!

Really great and helpful staff! The set out if the hostel is really good for meeting new people. They also have free salsa lessons and lots of activities to choose from. I really enjoyed staying here! Cheers!

We had a great time at El Viajero. The nightly activities and courtyard bar make it very easy to get to know other travelers. The staff were also very helpful in telling us about sites around the hostel and giving us insider tips for the city. They also seemed to be proactive with cleaning and maintenance of the whole hostel area, just could use some more utensils in the kitchen. Would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Apr 2015