El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

This hostel is fine. Clean enough and inside the walled city. However if u want to go out at night better to stay in a hostel on media Luna street as the streets in the walled city are very quiet at night.

Staff can be unfriendly and rude. I tried to book the mud volcano tour, and one of them told me it was full even though I found out seconds later that it wasn't. She seemed like she just didn't want to call the office and check since it was a last minute booking. But I only found trouble with two out of the many staff there. Others were pretty kind.

Hi . We are sorry for the inconveniences. As I told you that day the company make a mistake and closed the sales for the date and only in the second call they confirm us the vacancy. Again we are so sorry and hope you enjoy your night in Cartagena and the mud volcano tour. Regards. Margarita. Regional Manager

Very nice atmosphere! The hostel is also very close to many very nice restaurants and bars!

Nice staff but its a bit too old

It's a nice hotel if you plan to party. Otherwise (if you want to rest after sightseeing) it will be to loud. They offer 2for1 promos, but you have to explicitly ask, or you just get 1. Internet coverage isn't too good in the rooms. Nice thing is that all showers have soap (and it's actually refilled). Great location.

My 2nd stay at Viajero was awesome and I plan on visiting their sister hostels in the future. I checked out after accidentally leaving an expensive speaker out in a high traffic common area. The courteous, helpful and honest staff found and secured it for me until a friend could come pick it up several days later. The place was alway clean and quiets down at midnight so you can get a good night's rest for your next day's adventure. Viajero understands what the traveler wants & provides!

Great place, staff is great, please get more fans for the outside and more cameras for the streets not just in front of the hostel. Tourist are all over and people know this a hostel so it would be safer to have more cameras with more of the street view to see what is going on.

Nice hostel. Met there some amazing people. When you want to book something that they don't book every day then it's so exhausting. Better try it by your own.

Was pretty good but lacked atmosphere when I was there. Room also way over air conditioned. Otherwise friendly staff and good facilities.

I stayed during the Holy Week (Semana Santa) so the prices were high. However, I met tons of people, enjoyed the location and free breakfast (though they weren't always completely prepared on time), and would stay there again. I was not happy when they sold me the boat trip to Playa Blanca and said that it was "the same as the van option except it would include lunch and would get us to playa blanca in about an hour". We only had two hours to actually enjoy the beach!! Go with the van!

It was good overall. There were just two sockets per each room of eight people which is no reasonable taking in count that travellers recharge their phones and cameras. The breakfast is good, has got fruits on it.

This place was great. Right near a ton of cool bars and restaurants and places to go out but the hostel itself was very quiet and relaxing. Definitely not a party hostel but that's what's so nice about this place. You can book tours and transportation with the front desk and they are incredibly helpful and patient with foreigners' Spanish.

Great Place, wonderful located

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Costa Rica

Pretty good hostel. The dorms have a large locker under the bed for your luggage and a safe deposit box for your valuables. It's really nice to have those things in a hostel. They have activities and it's an open and fun atmosphere. The only thing that sucks is they turn off the air conditioning in the dorm during the day, so forget about sleeping during the day. It's way hot in Cartagena. Seems like a really young crowd but it was also spring break when I was there so who knows.

Good hostel, great if you are traveling alone and want to meet people, as there are many possibilities to get to know each other (bar, hammocks, kitchen, breakfast in the mornings,..).

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Really good hostel in a great location. Staff was really friendly. They cleaned our room every day. The only bad thing that I could say is that they turn off the air conditioner during the day and that the free breakfast is in fact only some bread and cereal. The wifi collapses a certain times of day when everybody is at the hostel. Apart from that I really enjoyed my stayed and I definitively recomend it.

Cartagena was our first stop in Colombia and saw good reviews of this hostel. We has a good time, great location in Centro, easy to navigate around the city. Booked the mud volcano and our bus to Santa Marta with no issues. Only complaint is that it is on the more expensive side. If you are on a more strict budget there might be better options that are just as good!

I loved this hostel, the outdoor bar was really cool, cheap prices, friendly staff and dancing lessons most night which was so much fun, rooms were huge and spacious and kept cool with air con. The people were really friendly and the hostel is in a good location in the old town with a huge supermarket just 3 min walk away. Highly recommended!

The security is very good as you have your own safe and locker under the beds, and the location is great - within the "walled city". Comfy beds.The staff is helpful. There was a bed bug problem while I was there, but it was taken very serious by the hostel. This is also a really expensive hostel, and it is not worth your money. Go to Getsemani (Another area) which is just as central and beautiful, and A LOT cheaper.

Go visit the bar, nice