El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

viajero was definitely a party hostel, people were up till 4 am, one of the guys in our 10 person dorm room must have either been partying pretty hard or was an extremely heavy sleeper because he was snoring so loud since he got back at 1 in the morning that I could hear it loudly though my ear plugs. I tried to tap him so he would roll over but he was out cold.

Excellent place! Was my second time there! And I would be come back anytime. Thanks.

My second stay at El Viajero! After arriving, I requested to change my mixed-dorm reservation to the same female-only room I had on the last visit and paid the difference in cash. Chevére! During this stay, I used the convenient patio kitchen with stove, oven and 2 refrigerators. Unfortunately, some sad viajero stole a 1.5 liter of water from my sealed reusable shopping bag, but Karma will find them. Overall, another great stay with Miriam and the wonderful staff at El Viajero. Gracias, amigos!

Well setup typical chain super hostel. A nice bar area, and tv room. The layout is a bit prison-esque, and my room was right on the road, coupled with a generally youthful clientele, I didn't get a lot of sleep. Not for those seeking the chilled vibe and the breakfast sucked. Location is awesome and staff are helpful.

For sure the best hostel in Cartagena. Even though it is a bit more pricey than the other ones, the location and the atmosphere pay for it. Great place to meet and talk with fellow travelers!

Nice hostel, I would go back! But the staff didnt know much about the different tours and could have been better when it comes to tips and recommendations about what to do and how...

Great 2 for 1 mojito party hour!

El Viajero was awesome, the staff is super helpful, and it's a clean/comfortable place to stay. The breakfast they offer isn't anything special, but still a great deal. There were lots of good people staying there, making it easy to make friends with other travelers along your journey. It's located in a great place within the Old Walled City, and it's an easy walk to the good parties in Gestemani. I would definitely recommend to any traveler that they consider staying at El Viajero.

Staff were less friendly than other hostels across Colombia. Booking was accidentally cancelled because the day worker did not communicate properly with the night shift worker. You have to make your bed yourself after being handed a bag of sheets. Overpriced in comparison to other hostels across Colombia also. Ideal location. We only used it for somewhere to sleep which is good enough.

They should give towells for free.

Really good hostel, busy, cool bar and dance lessons. Drinks a bit pricey but acceptable. Good location in the old town. Would stay again.

For sure the best hostel that i have ever been.

This hostel is much better than I expected! I really had a great time. People there are awesome and colaborate for good things happen.

Great place to stay!! Near everything, clean and tidy!!!!

Amazing stay, was recommended this place by my mates and I can see why! Fantastic atmosphere, staff were awesome and the guests were from all over the world. Room were very comfortable, clean and quiet. Facilities are great, lots of space to socialise, or have quiet time. Great value for money. It's so good that I extended my stay. If you want a good vibe , great location and chill people def come here.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Great place to meet people the staff member are very friendly and helpful especially Alex

Large hostel in a great area. Free breakfast is fruit, toast, cereal, coffee. The open air courtyards are great, plenty of places to hang out. Small security safes in each room are free to use. They offers tours from the front desk. No complaints, but not very cozy or original place to stay.

Great Staff Great Location

It was a very nice experience to stay at el Viajero Hostel , you have the chance to meet a lot people around the world and have fun, the hostel is not a hostel party but you find a lot fun outsinde which it is much better cause you can come back to the hostel and sleep well. thank you guys for all your help and advices :)

Great hostel in the centre of the Old Town. Knowledgeable staff and relaxed atmosphere.