El Viajero Cartagena Hostel Reviews

Calle 7 Infantes, Cartagena, Colombia

This was a great experience. It was my first time staying at a hostel and it was incredible. The location was great, the rooms are good and each person has a security box in each dorm. The service was great the staff was super friendly (some more than others) and supportive and what I enjoyed the most was the ability to meet people from around the world. I made friends for life here. I extended my stay 2 more days because I enjoyed it so much. I recommend it to everyone.

It's a very nice hostel, well located, full of travelers. We had an amazing time, met a lot of great people, we enjoyed the amenities. The AC in the rooms is great and really necessary due to the extreme temperatures we had in Cartagena. The patio is amazing and the kitchen is fully equipped with almost everything you could possibly need. The included breakfast is a plus that we really appreciated. The shared bathrooms could be cleaned more often. Both thumbs up for this hostel.

Got bug bites from the bed, brought them home with me. which totally sucks (this was the only place i stayed in colombia and i also woke up with the bites when i was there, the day I left. They need fitted sheets, you know with like elastics! . the sheets come off during the night and you end up with your skin against the mattress. not hygenic. overall pretty good though. some more nightly activities would be beneficial too.

The location of the hostel is perfect. Most of the staff is friendly. There is a nice bar+garden. The private rooms were disappointing. They were expensive, small and without private bathrooms. The dorms were fine.

Thank you all, especially Huan who helped me with lots of questions 😊

• 11th May 2014

Pillow cases are missing, sold every bed twice per night so the room was overbooked, removed my sheets, no service at all: have to make your bed by yourself, no towels and for all this way to pricy.

The room we stayed in was pretty gross considering the price. Having paid for a private room we were put in room 25 where the paint was peeling off the walls and the room overall felt dirty and uncomfortable. The music from the kitchen area was VERY loud even though there were few people there socializing. The set up of the social area made it difficult to meet people. Overall outrageously overpriced for a lackluster experience.

Breakfast offers a lot of quantity, quality and variety. Location is very convenient. The place was a bit noisy at nights, one night I woke up to ask the people who were listening to the music to play lower and it turned out that there was no party, the one playing that loud music was the guy at the front desk, very disrespectful. Kitchen was dirty.

• 9th May 2014
  • Argentina

Really good central hostel. We booked a private room, which was in an other building. Its just 50m but the main building is much better with more people.

It is overpriced and very crowded. When i arrived there were 4 staffs at the reception and still too much people were waiting at front. On the other hand, all the rooms are facing each other so there is small village atmosphere which is great at night to get social.

Great hostel to meet people

A great and fun hostel. Staff were friendly and knowledgable. Good location in the middle of beautiful old town in Cartagena. Close to the wall and close to the grocery store.

Great hostel. I stayed in a single room for one week, which was spacious and comfortable. It had aircon and a TV. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Staff was very helpful. Location is nice and the hostel is good to meet people.

viajero was definitely a party hostel, people were up till 4 am, one of the guys in our 10 person dorm room must have either been partying pretty hard or was an extremely heavy sleeper because he was snoring so loud since he got back at 1 in the morning that I could hear it loudly though my ear plugs. I tried to tap him so he would roll over but he was out cold.

Excellent place! Was my second time there! And I would be come back anytime. Thanks.

My second stay at El Viajero! After arriving, I requested to change my mixed-dorm reservation to the same female-only room I had on the last visit and paid the difference in cash. Chevére! During this stay, I used the convenient patio kitchen with stove, oven and 2 refrigerators. Unfortunately, some sad viajero stole a 1.5 liter of water from my sealed reusable shopping bag, but Karma will find them. Overall, another great stay with Miriam and the wonderful staff at El Viajero. Gracias, amigos!

Well setup typical chain super hostel. A nice bar area, and tv room. The layout is a bit prison-esque, and my room was right on the road, coupled with a generally youthful clientele, I didn't get a lot of sleep. Not for those seeking the chilled vibe and the breakfast sucked. Location is awesome and staff are helpful.

For sure the best hostel in Cartagena. Even though it is a bit more pricey than the other ones, the location and the atmosphere pay for it. Great place to meet and talk with fellow travelers!

Nice hostel, I would go back! But the staff didnt know much about the different tours and could have been better when it comes to tips and recommendations about what to do and how...

Great 2 for 1 mojito party hour!