El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

Didn't like the room. Too small, noisy, no windows and mold. The hostel is fine and location is good. Staff is awsome.

• 24th Sep 2014

Interesting place but our room smelled pretty bad

• 24th Sep 2014

It's a good hostel, we liked the rooms, common areas, the staffs... the whole atmosphere is very nice! I just think they should organize more activities!

Frederico (a guy that worked there) was very helpful and friendly to us. The only bad thing about the hostel is the breakfast, with very few options. But we really enjoyed our stay.

• 7th Sep 2014

Bathrooms and rooms could be improved.

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your sugrencia and your comment! Cheers from all the staff!

excellente hostel, very good atmosphere, the staffs were very very helpful, i loved everythings...the rooms goods and cleans..the location in the center of the city is great, it is next everything you need...main points of turistic interest...bus stop...beach...shops etc... I definitely recomend...I will be here again and again certainly...

The best staff in Montevideo!

• 1st Sep 2014

Muito obrigado por seus comentários! Estamos muito satisfeitos que a sua estadia tem sido excelente !! Felicidades de todos os funcionários !!! :)

There is a Subway, Mcdonalds and Burger King close. Also many monuments are near it. Internet is good and range the majority of rooms. Breakfast is a little bit poor, but you can hold on until lunch. You can rent bikes but it's expensive. However staff is very polite and helpful, mainly, Federico, who helped us with dinner and places to go. It's a good hostel, but for the same price I stayed at best hostels.

There was no curfew. The first night a group of people partied until 3am with no staff intervening. Thee next day we asked to change rooms and were told that they would let us know in the afternoon. They didn't get back to us either way. The second night there were two groups of people partying in different locations. The latest party finished at 6am when we were getting up to travel. We would have left after the first night but we had a reservation and paid.

El Viajero is a great hostel. I kinow it is getting cliche to say, but if you are looking for a 4 star hotel, go elsewhere. But for the price, this hostel is excellent. It has a nice common garden in the middle and the rooms are spacious and clean. Get room 15 if you can! It has a bathroom in the room. The staff are very friendly, especially Fredrico, and they are willing to help you with anything you need. They also put on some nice live music and tell you where you can go for a night out!

• 13th Aug 2014

Great location and staff! They arranged BBQs and live music which was nice. The breakfast was terrible in my opinion. Only sucrillos and white bread. Would be nice with something that has some fibers.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel! It has everything you need.

Could have been a nice atmosphere if they CLOSE THE DOORS. Everyones sitting around in the communal area freezing to death. As soon as the doors where closed it was much more bareable. Bike hire, what bike hire all the bikes are broken. Outside noise travels into the rooms quite well. Hostel with potential but poorly run.

A nice hostel but was let down by the fact that when trying to use the cooker in the kitchen to make dinner....there was no gas left in the gas bottle. Only a small thing......but gave a whole new meaning to making Spaghetti Bolognaise in the microwave!! Generally centrally located just off the principle road in Montevideo and easy bus link to the Tres Cruces bus station.

Me and my girlfriend booked a double bed. When se arrived there was no room available with double bed. Se had to put together two single beds. We've chosen this Hostel Coz se could sleep at the same room. If you travel alone or with a group, no bem g dela. If you are a couple, it is better to find a cheap hotel, as we coould not observe a typical Hostel atmosphere.

Kitchen needs better equipment (eg frying pans with handles)

Very nice place considering the fact the building is so old. Very polite staff and special thanks to Federico for his attention and humour

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Falkland Islands (malvinas)

I found the location very good, just near 18 de Julio. But the room smelt really bad, humidity and small (private twin) and the breakfast was a bit poor.

I had a great time in Montevideo and at the hostel. Federico was very helpful and truly satisfied all my needs.

I found the location very good, it's close to downtown. The staff and atmosphere of the hostel is amazing. Especially the night staff. Everyone is very understanding and helpful! The kitchen is great and clean. The price is awesome and rooms are fine. I enjoyed my 5 night stay here so much. Ill definately return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3