El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

I enjoyed very muche staying at that hostel. Excelent employers. Great atmophere that make my stay better that I thought! Personnel at the frontdesk, Pesonnel that clean rooms...everybody... real nice people and professional. Nice pictures and decorations.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Unfortunately it was pouring with rain when we were here so as an "open-air hostel", things can get a bit messy when it rains. We were only here for 2 nights and were only really here for sleeping so can't really assess the atmosphere but the location was very good.

The shower was terrible. The rooms have no lock, so anyone can enter them. The staff was ok, but they took too long to respond my emails, and didn't helped me with a transfer from the airport to the hostel. It was a good stay, but mainly because of the good atmosphere.

When we arrived at the hostel we learned that our reservation hadn't come through (some problem with the system). But what could have been a problem turn out to be the best of our stay, since the staff went beyond their way to compensate us! We got a free night in another room, the staff was friendly and helpful, the hostel was beautiful, our rooms were clean, the water was hot and there was a delicious pizza night. We stayed for two days and I didnt regret for a minute :)

I really liked El Viajero - Montevideo. The stuff are very nice and funny people. I made some good friends over there. For sure I will get back to El Viajero. It's was a wonderful time.

• 15th Jul 2015

Great location and character, but didnt aprecciate my stay overall. Breakfast was poor, they dont have lockers in the bedroom so everybody can enter. Staff was not very helpful, didnt deliver maps or give tips about the city. There was this flyer about a promotion of staying two nights in El Viajero you get a discount on the next night. When I asked about it they were kind rude saying it was not valid anymore.

El Viajero is always a good adress. The hostel is in a nice old building with ac/heating and big lockers in the dorms. The breakfast is good (fruits would be great) and the kitchen clean. The bathroom was a bit tiny but clean. The location is nearly perfect, close to the old and new center.

This hostel was great! Comfortable beds, good coffee in the morning and really hot showers. The staff was always helpful and friendly and always organizing cool things for us to do at night. When I was there we had free salsa lessons one night and on another some of the staff played music for us. It was a bit loud because all of the rooms are centered around this patio, but people quieted down by 1 or 2 on the weekend. I stayed there for a couple of nights and wish I could have stayed more!

• 28th Jun 2015

There were a couple of amazing staff members, who helped us plan our only day in Montevideo. They rent bikes, which is definitely the best way to see the city. 24/7 security was great. Breakfast was okay. Dorm rooms can get crowded, because the hostel is a popular one.

This hostel was awesome and the staff were some of the sweetest and friendliest of hostel staff I have ever encountered, and I have stayed in over 10 hostels in the past year. Thank you so much for welcoming my friends and I into your lovely hostel!

I had a great time here and all the staff are fantastic especially Ronald and Federico. Would stay again!

The air in the room is no fresh. No windows in the rooms. Poor break tests.

The other reviewers are right- if you are looking for a quite night make sure you book a private room or bring some ear plugs because the doors will not keep the noise out that comes from the courtyard. Breakfast is typical Latin American fare- bread, butter, jam, cereal, yogurt and sometimes hand fruit. They do have a decent kitchen, bikes for rent and they offer tours that are more affordable than the ones i found online.

• 14th May 2015

It seemed like a party hostel to me. Everyday loud music on the patio and all of the dormitories surrounded the patio so you just can't sleep. That I'm not going to mention that they were people checking in the room in the middle if the night (like 2 am) and then the stuff was just switching on the light and explaining everything in the room like it was middle of a day. And it wasn't one night event. Not enjoyable at all.

Thank you for being wonderful hosts. My friend and I enjoyed staying here very much!

Really nice chilled hostel, close to the beach and with amazing staff. Really good breakfast as well. Would come back for sure

For sure it's a good place whatever you are going to do in Montevideo!

• 8th May 2015

Nice hangout area to meet new ppl. They organize activities every day which is nice. Kitchen is well equipped. The room was a bit chilly as the heater didn't work. The bathroom was narrow and open, it was way too cold. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice hostel and good atmosphere. Good location.

Great hostel, very helpful staff and great location. BBQ and live music on the Saturday night was awesome!