El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites

Fabulous 1909 Total Reviews

• Chile, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017
5.1

Great reception staff but kitchen stuff were very weird, they were using the kitchen for hooours while drinking wine. Bad attitudes from them even when we were very nice. Bathrooms were dirty and smell like garbage. Rooms where smelly, humid and cold. Good breakfast. Would not recommend this place.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017

Great hostel! Was recommended to me in BA and I enjoyed my stay. The staff were very helpful with all my questions and inquiries. Nice building and things to do. If I pass through Montevideo again I would return :) Cheers

• USA, Male, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

Great place for the value and located in the heart of the city. It's a short walk to all of the major sites. Security lockers are spacious and safe. Free breakfast from 8-10am. Live music on weekends. Extremely friendly and helpful staff willing to work with you. Overall, a great place to stay! I highly recommend it if you are in Montevideo.

• kaddieckel9053
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

I had an awesome time at El Viajero! I was traveling alone for some days but I met the nicest people there, including staff members. Very clean, nice breakfast and just a great vibe. I'll be back!

20th Apr 2017
7.1

It was okay. Preferred other El Viajero branches to this one.

• Brazil, Couple, 18-24
12th Apr 2017
6.9

Location and the staff are great, so is the breakfast! but our room was really noisy and the blanket and wardrobe were kind of dirty and the shower of the private room didn't work well. Its a great place to stay if you're paying half the price we did

• lilianemfernandes859
  • Brazil, Female, 31-40
28th Mar 2017
7.1

OK hostel. I got one of the private rooms and I had to complain about the sheets - they were clearly not clean. The room was ok but need some renovation and heavy cleaning. The location is great at Downtown (Centro), close to bus stops, Ciudad Vieja and Terminal Rio Branco. Breakfast was good with bread, cereal, coffee, juice, jelly and dulce de leche. Staff was helpful.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Mar 2017

We stayed here on a Saturday on the way to punta del este. Seems like great place for a party with asado and live music starting at 10pm Saturday ! (When we booked we were looking forward to a party but ended up needing a quiet night. Luckily we stayed in a dorm on the top by the 2 sets of stairs by the terrace and we had ear plugs.) Definitely pick this place if you want a party! Also helps if you know spanish to join the party :)

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017

The location was central, it was welcoming, friendly and has a mixed clientele. Had a grownup backpacker vibe, which was positive. Basic breakfast and rooms but clean and lovely building. I'd go back.

• England, Couple, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017

Lovely hostel in a great location in Montevideo. Staff were nice and they have great kitchen facilities, computers you can use, bikes to rent and REALLY comfy beds! It could do with a couple more toilets/showers but overall, I'd recommend! Also, do the free walking tour in Montevideo!