El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

Just stayed here for one night, the place is really well laid out, really clean, great kitchen, cool outdoor bar area staff on check-in weren't very helpful but otherwise a good hostel.

No quarto em que fiquei as luzes da recepção incomodavam bastante na hora de dormir.

Muchas gracias por tu comentario! Ya quedó solucionado el problema. Saludos, El Staff de El Viajero Downtown Hostel

Overall I had a good experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms and located in a central part of town. I felt it was just missing some basics like hooks in the showers and rooms and larger shelves on the beds for charging phones etc. There is also quite a lot of noise from the communal courtyard until 1am. Not really an issue though unless you're looking for an early night. Would definitely stay here again!

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Israel

En un año viajando por casi 30 paises solamente en hostels, por primera vez me robaron algo. En el mismo dia €200 de un frances desaparecio. No habia cameras en lá área comun y el hostel trato como si no fuera tambien su problema. Lo bueno és lá ubicacion y lá atencion del staff. No me acuerdo los nombres, pero el colombiano, la venezuelana y los chicos de Uruguay son increibles! Destaque para las amorosas chicas de limpeza! Destaque negativo a uruguaya de lá recepcion, no sabe q és un guest

Me alegro que hayas pasado bien, Uruguay no fue la excepción, el chico francés encontró el dinero que había perdido al día siguiente. Saludos, el staff

Great service. Highly recommended

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed in a dorm with 4 beds. The room was simple but clean. Unfortunately all dorms are right next to the patio which is the common area of the hostel with loud music until at least 0:30 h, and then the conversations still continued. So don't expext to get much sleep when you stay in a dorm! The staff was extremely nice, helpful and joyful - I guess they love to party als well Therefore the atmosphere is excellent and relaxed. The hostel has some problems with the water.

Incredible kind and good staff. Far the best! Met a lot of great people there! Good hostel, even though it's not the cleanest we could see!

Great Hostel! Good location, frendly staff and good vibe. I read some bad coments about running out of water but it was fixed when I arrived. Thanks guys for all the tips to enjoy Montevideo (loved the city!!)

The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful and really make you feel at home. Beds aren't that comfortable and the pillows aren't comfortable at all. There were issues with water supply, and the water in the shower was boiling hot on one day and then there was no hot water the following day. Locaiton is great, close to the Ciudad Vieja and 18 de Julio and the main plazas.

Good all round hostel. Gonzalo is very welcoming. Not the cleanest hostel however. Showers are ok. Not a massive amount to do in Montevideo 2/3 days seems about right there. Breakfast is good.

This hostel has potential however I stayed at the start of Dec so it was still pretty quiet. Breakfast was ok however the security in the rooms could be improved. Our door didn't even close properly in the room next to the kitchen and the lockers under the bed were not secure. Staff were nice and helpful and location is fine however a little expensive I feel especially as this was not in peak season. Music in the courtyard plays till at least 1.30am so don't expect an early night.

Staff were really helpful and genuinely nice people and guitar in the lounge. The hostel on the other hand is very basic and overpriced for what it is... 8 bed dorm is small and makes a lot of noise when walking on the wooden floor or opening/closing the door. Toilets weren't the best, breakfast and kitchen average. Read this place had a good atmosphere....arrived on a Saturday night at 11pm and the bar is dead with people asleep in the dorm. I would stay again just not for the price I paid...

Somewhat easy to meet other like minded travelers. It was quite dead a night, but seemed to have a lot of younger travelers. Bathrooms weren't the best and Hot water was rough. Overall if you are a solo traveler, I would check it out, otherwise I would maybe explore other hostels.

Perhaps it was just an "off night" when we arrived, but it took 25 minutes to get checked in and then my brother and I were placed in two different rooms, despite booking two beds in the same four bedroom room.. There was also no running water until the morning after we arrived (not very ideal after a sweaty day of traveling) and the facilities were very dirty (primarily the bathroom). Despite the problems, the staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was pretty good!

We didn't think that the hostel was very good value for money. It wasn't very clean, didn't have the best atmosphere, and the room got ridiculously hot at night. The redeeming qualities were the staff and location.

Very noisy.

The week that I spent there, we didn't have water, and when it comes, it always cold! I left the hostel before finish my stay...

• 29th Nov 2015

It's a pretty good hostel for the price since hostels in Montevideo is pricy in general. Not a lot of toilets or showers and not very clean but if you just ask for somewhere central to stay it's alright! Breakfast is good as well. The staff gives you tips about what to do and where to go.

The staff was very helpful and welcoming. During our stay they were organizing parties and events like barbecues, small acoustic concerts, pizza night. The worst part is the price, quite expensive for a hostel (and the most expensive in Uruguay). Also, their web page said there was a parking lot, which in fact is in front of the hostel and is also very expensive. Besides that, it is a good and well located place.

Good hostel, nice little outdoor patio to meet people. Receptionist dudes are cool, helpful with showing you around the area. Breakfast is just alright, but had a nice private room, very comfy. Enjoyed my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3