El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

There were a couple of amazing staff members, who helped us plan our only day in Montevideo. They rent bikes, which is definitely the best way to see the city. 24/7 security was great. Breakfast was okay. Dorm rooms can get crowded, because the hostel is a popular one.

I had a great time here and all the staff are fantastic especially Ronald and Federico. Would stay again!

The air in the room is no fresh. No windows in the rooms. Poor break tests.

The other reviewers are right- if you are looking for a quite night make sure you book a private room or bring some ear plugs because the doors will not keep the noise out that comes from the courtyard. Breakfast is typical Latin American fare- bread, butter, jam, cereal, yogurt and sometimes hand fruit. They do have a decent kitchen, bikes for rent and they offer tours that are more affordable than the ones i found online.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for being wonderful hosts. My friend and I enjoyed staying here very much!

Really nice chilled hostel, close to the beach and with amazing staff. Really good breakfast as well. Would come back for sure

For sure it's a good place whatever you are going to do in Montevideo!

• 8th May 2015

Nice hangout area to meet new ppl. They organize activities every day which is nice. Kitchen is well equipped. The room was a bit chilly as the heater didn't work. The bathroom was narrow and open, it was way too cold. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice hostel and good atmosphere. Good location.

Great hostel, very helpful staff and great location. BBQ and live music on the Saturday night was awesome!

It was amazing!

• 1st May 2015
  • Colombia

It is a great hostel! i've been there a couple of times and i always have a great time :) people from the hostel is awesome they are always willing to help and to make you enjoy your stay, I will definitely return

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hostel has great architecture and the common areas encourage socializing. They also do a nice job of putting together bar nights with music which creates a good atmosphere. Our room was clean and nice. The breakfast was very basic, but it's free so you can't really complain. Hot water and wifi worked well!

The best hostel in Uruguay!! Staff was AMAZING!! Recommend me a lot of good advices! Thanks, besides that super god beds!, clean and very good atmosphere

I had a lovely staythe rooms and bathroom were very clean, which was awesome. They had an awesome salsa lesson on Monday night and the instructor was amazing! Staff in general were very sweet and helpful, especially Federico at the front who provides me with good travel tips. He was also very cute :) all in all, great stay!

• 17th Apr 2015

Great staff, great live music one of the nights I stayed, good location. The breakfast could be improved. The coffee was horrible but i think this is the norm for hostel coffee/breakfast.

In the summary, we felt very good at the Location and will recommend it to friends

• 26th Mar 2015

I was in doubt when choosing a hostel in Montevideo but I think I did the right choice, it's a bit expensive but then again in Montevideo they all are! The location is perfect, it's in the center and in a quiet area. The rooms and wc could be better but the common room is great and the hostel has a awesome atmosphere, every day I met new backpackers. I was traveling alone but I didn't have a single dinner alone. Considering what's available in Montevideo, it's the best choice

good vibes. great movie selection! was only there for one night but the staff was very helpful when we needed help booking flights. the internet kept crashing every 30 minutes, not sure if that´s normal or not. overall comfy beds and nice, spacious hostel. didn´t blow my mind though

I spent the first night in a dorm, and then switched to a private room when my boyfriend arrived. The private room had a really bad smell of mold, and the shower wasn't clean at all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3