El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

Kitchen needs better equipment (eg frying pans with handles)

I found the location very good, just near 18 de Julio. But the room smelt really bad, humidity and small (private twin) and the breakfast was a bit poor.

I had a great time in Montevideo and at the hostel. Federico was very helpful and truly satisfied all my needs.

I found the location very good, it's close to downtown. The staff and atmosphere of the hostel is amazing. Especially the night staff. Everyone is very understanding and helpful! The kitchen is great and clean. The price is awesome and rooms are fine. I enjoyed my 5 night stay here so much. Ill definately return!

The breakfast was a bit poor (no fruits... but with the delicious dulce de leche uruguayo), and the bathroom and bedroom were not really clean. The staff was great, and the hostel is in a good location, just next to the 18 Julio. I've had a great stay there, the atmosphere is nice, and I do recommend it if you want to have a great time talking to other travellers.

Hi Luana for yours comment, about the breakfast we have the best for one ours catergory normally the hostels no served, what we served here, the guest normally are very content, and the bathroom depends of others clients too, because the bathrooms are shared with other people and the maids clean two and more times depend the situation, thanks for your comments and we are Wait for you next visit in montevideo. Best regards!!! The manager Heros

Really cool hostel, nice building, cool murals...good location, and has everything you need. Staff were great, especially Mauri; great guy, good fun. Gracias!

Hi Eryl we are wait for our next visit in Montevideo, best regards heros the manager.

The hostel is arty with lots of light and the staff were really cool. The weather was cold and the rooms were a little bit drafty, but the showers were generally hot. Uruguay's 3-1 loss to Chile in their World Cup opener put a damper on the weekend in the entire city! Keep in mind there are two sister hostels with the same name - we showed up at the wrong one - it's a bit of a walk away.

Good location, good beds and ample social areas inside and outside. The bathroom was always wet and could be cleaned more frequently.

• 14th Jun 2014

Dirty room and hostel - not just the usual wear and tear, but litter left on the floor of my private room! Staff close to useless, gave no help and seemed like it was too much effort to do anything simple like book a taxi. Activities were publicized, but when I stayed there seemed to be nothing on? Never again.

The hostel is in a great location, just near 18 De Julio and a few mins walk from plaza independencia and sarandi. Mauri & Francisco were also great with info re getting around and helping us out. The beds are decent but the bathrooms could do with a bit of work. The breakfast isnt fantastic, but its good enough.

great location just at the central downtown,nice and helpful staff.will visit again next time.

staff are realy incredible. very helfull and kind. It makes you feel with friends.

It was a average hostel some staff were great, the actual communal area was good but very cold in the evening. I felt that some of the floors and walls could do with a good scrub due to marks and scruff marks.

Good hostel, well located and great atmosphere. Only thing they need to improve is their bathrooms, the shared one doesn't have even hangers to place your clothes when showering and the shower's floor floods. Besides that nothing to complain about.

I had a great stay at the viajero. Federico even helped me find an apartment in MVD. Thanks!

Fredrico was the man! Very helpful told us the best places to go and helped me Print some. Documents off thank you!!

Too noyse!!

Great hostel. The staff were great, especially the guy at reception. I cannot remember his name, think it was Frederico.

This is a great hostel, its in a good location, the atmosphere is nice and the staff really helpful. I recommend it!!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

I was a bit annoyed that a group of travellers in the hostel were up drinking until 3-4am, not just drinking but screaming and making loads of unnecessary noise - the dorms are right next to the common areas and it kept me awake all night. I was unwell so didn't have the energy to get out of my top bunk to shout at the yanquis making the noise but I think the hostel also have a responsibility to make sure people show respect for others, especially after midnight.

That night almost all the passangers that were staying at our hostel were hanging out, sharing traveling experiences and enjoing a beautiful night untill about 1am , then everybody went out together to bars nearby. It is a shame you didnt tell us you felt unwell, we have a doctor and an emergency service included that could have taken you to a hospital if needed, where you could have found absolute silence