Fabulous 1,713 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,713 Total Reviews
El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Located at Direccion Soriano 1073, , Montevideo.
Uruguay
Montevideo Direccion Soriano 1073
86% 1713
-34.9078243 -56.1928367
    Rooms available

4th Dec 2016
2.6

I decided to get the most expensive room so I could have some privacy and rest. The room was in front of the reception area. The man and the girl working there blasted music and YouTube videos VERY loudly the entire day and when I asked him to turn it down, he snapped back with, "This is a hostel, what do you expect?" He continued to argue with me and then played music loudly for 8 more hours. The bathrooms smell like ass and I was too uncomfortable to exit my room after being attacked verbally

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Nov 2016

My friend and I only stayed in Montevideo for one night. El Viajero was in a great location. It was a really laid back night seeing as it was a Sunday. The staff (Sophia) was really helpful and super accommodating.

• claudia_nikole8966
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016
6.9

This hostel misses the mark on everything they claim to deliver. Simple additions, like a toaster at 'breakfast' or immediate check in, rather than a half hour wait with three staff members, in the evening with no one else in line. Don't bother

10th Nov 2016

Fantastic place to stay in Montevideo. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, activities offered by the hostel were great, and the live music at night was beyond cool. Definitely recommended!

1st Nov 2016
7.1

I normally really love this chain of hostels. But some of the dorms are right connected to the patio where it can get quite noisy. Good area though. Pretty decent breakfast and one night I think I had a really good homemade dinner from the staff (cost $180 - I can't remember it much I was really stoned). The only downside is the lack of comfortable social seating. There's a picnic table towards the back and a couple in the breakfast area with a small couch but that's about it.

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Oct 2016
8.0

Good hostel some rooms to close to entertainment area so bit noisy

19th Oct 2016
7.7

Nice enough hostel, big communal area so potential to meet people. Location was good. Showers OK.

17th Oct 2016

It's great hostel. People are good and helpfull. The only problem is noise from common areas it goes until early morning hours. It is great if you loves to socialize, butbit can be pain if you are trying to sleep. A part of it is very nice hostel with a loads of character.

10th Oct 2016

Hostel was good. Would stay again if I was not Montevideo.

8th Oct 2016

I was very impressed with this hostel. Rarely do I give a perfect 10 rating, but I really liked it here. Montevideo is a small city, not too much to do, but the hostel is in a good location, very clean and safe. Nice people. Overchanged a little on checkin, staff gave me a free beer for the confusion :) On Saturday night they played music late into the night so BEWARE of that if you are trying to get some sleep on the weekend, it might not be the best place. I put in my ear plugs and slept fine