El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hostel has great architecture and the common areas encourage socializing. They also do a nice job of putting together bar nights with music which creates a good atmosphere. Our room was clean and nice. The breakfast was very basic, but it's free so you can't really complain. Hot water and wifi worked well!

The best hostel in Uruguay!! Staff was AMAZING!! Recommend me a lot of good advices! Thanks, besides that super god beds!, clean and very good atmosphere

I had a lovely staythe rooms and bathroom were very clean, which was awesome. They had an awesome salsa lesson on Monday night and the instructor was amazing! Staff in general were very sweet and helpful, especially Federico at the front who provides me with good travel tips. He was also very cute :) all in all, great stay!

• 17th Apr 2015

Great staff, great live music one of the nights I stayed, good location. The breakfast could be improved. The coffee was horrible but i think this is the norm for hostel coffee/breakfast.

In the summary, we felt very good at the Location and will recommend it to friends

• 26th Mar 2015

I was in doubt when choosing a hostel in Montevideo but I think I did the right choice, it's a bit expensive but then again in Montevideo they all are! The location is perfect, it's in the center and in a quiet area. The rooms and wc could be better but the common room is great and the hostel has a awesome atmosphere, every day I met new backpackers. I was traveling alone but I didn't have a single dinner alone. Considering what's available in Montevideo, it's the best choice

good vibes. great movie selection! was only there for one night but the staff was very helpful when we needed help booking flights. the internet kept crashing every 30 minutes, not sure if that´s normal or not. overall comfy beds and nice, spacious hostel. didn´t blow my mind though

They have a pub inside that played musicuuntil 12:30. It was a nightmare stay. Plus it is too expensive for what they offer.

Best wifi I had in two months. Lovely lovely staff. Beautiful building and lovely lively atmosphere. Very happy to stay here.

It's a great hostel with a fantastic staff! The decoration is beautiful and the shared areas very nice, especially the patio. Location is good, just few blocks away from the main square of the city and with groceries, laundry and restaurants very close by. Only thing I didn't like is that the bathrooms are under-sized for the amount of guests.

Reception is open 24 hours. Very clean, with individual sheets given to every guest at arrival time, and an established cleaning time, we saw them cleaning everyday we were there. The rooms have big lockers where you can store just about everything in your bag. The staff was always willing to answer our questions and guide us in the city, always concerned about every guest, keeping a friendly and light atmosphere, great to hang out. The hostel had good entertainment and a kitchen fully equipped.

The only problem is the terrible smeel of cigarettes that infects all the environments of the hostel.

Loved everything about this hostel. The location is great, staff is amazing, beds are comfy, wifi works great, breakfast is nice, facilities are also nice & clean. My favorite part is the outdoor patio in the middle of the hostel with tables set up and a mini bar that is open every night with music playing. Great hostel to meet people and enjoy and relax in after a long day exploring MVD. It's also very LGBT friendly with a gay club down the street, Chains (Good on Fri. even better on Sat.).

Very good atmosphere, i really love the staff, and the hostel is very beautiful, re buena onda {:

• 22nd Feb 2015

This is a superb place to stay in Montevideo. Staff was perfectly friendly. Music is played in the common area from about 8pm to 1am. Most rooms have a door facing this common area. Music was not always fantastic. Large kitchen with little counter space and single oven/stove. Very cute hostel that is perfect for making friends and chatting lots! Excellent free breakfast included.

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff is great, helpfull, kind, happy! It´s a really nice place to stay at! Thanks for all! :)

Great place to stay, and knowing people. Very well organized, good places and faciities, pleasant backyard with some trees, and nice atmosphere. Staff is very helpfull and trustfull, Fede was a great help and host.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Chile

We were just in town for one day. We liked the place and our stay there. The staff was extremely helpful!

Excellent location to know Montevidéu by foot. The common area is large and has a great vibe. The staff didn't help me much when I needed to take a bus, but they printed me some stuff for free. The hot water was dodgy, sometimes taking 4 minutes to warm up, and other times doens't warm up at all. The bread in the breakfast is probably the worst food I tasted. Also, there's no free filtered water, a common problem in hostels. I liked the hostel but I think it's too pricey for what it offers.

• 19th Jan 2015

Good atmosphere lot of common space.Very close to ciudad vieja and one bus ride from bus terminal.Dorms that open to the terrace can be loud and there's no key to dorms.Beds are comfortable, space under the beds used as lockers separated with a panel.Kitchen is used by staff too so can be crowded.Variety of activities offered and local entertainment (asado,salsa,live music).

« first « Prev 1 2 3