El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

Bunk beds are cozy, but quite old, so that it is getting loud when someone gets down from or up from or to the upper bed. Our room (4 bed dorm) was a bit smelly, a kind of wet wood. Hostel as such is pretty quiet. A lot of travellers from everywhere spend their time in public area but, at least this is my opinion, they didn't really tried to get new friendships.

Rooms were a bit squeezy, not much room for the bags. They had good luggage storage on the day of check out. Everything else was fine, except WiFi which was a bit touch and go.

Lovely hostel! Federico is the man - friendly and an awesome guitar player. Good vibes and nice decor. Only minus was that my locker was broken and room didn't lock. Other than that, excellent!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Great Hostel. Good location, frendly staff (Lucia is the best!), good breackfast and a lot of art on their walls. Private rooms are good value for money.Very recomendable.

Amazing staff . All smoking women ad friendly . Fairy clean . Relaxing . Would stay here again

The guy in the reception was really nice but he didn't seem to know anything about the area. The facilities are nice but the hostel was very quiet, which was strange since they said it was fully booked.

Nice old building, decent breakfast and good wifi

The breakfast could be a lot better, like having fruits for instance!

Good hostel. A number of events and tours are easily made available. The outdoor seating area and common room are both nice.

It's a good place to stay, although seems like a dangerous place. It's clean and comfortable.

If you depend on Internet connection to stay there, give up! Apart from this, the hostel is located in a good place and it is nice. Good value for money, despite I hoped it was more fun. Besides, all the furniture is old, which give an ancient mood for the place. I personally did not like it.

We didnt really enjoy our stay at this hostel. Firstly, they tried to split my bf and I up into two different rooms. Our room was located in the reception area, which was very noisy at night and for breakfast. The receptionist even hired up the music at 12am when people were in bed. The kitchen was tiny. The bathrooms had alot of water on the floor. Plus you cant bring in your own alchol and the bar out the back opens after 8 and is pretty crapy. We spent three nights here and left very tired.

The hostel is incredible, the rooms are really good and always clean!! The staff is beautiful; they are always helping, and suggesting things to do! In my opinion, the best place to stay in Montevideo, it is really well located and there are thing to do every day!

Hi Karina, thanks for comments, we are whait for you next time in Montevideo. Best regards Heros Sarti Manager

It was a nice stay. Quiet at night and the common areas were welcoming. The bedrooms were tidy and comfortable. My only complaim would be the bathroom. Lots of locks didn't work and for shared bathrooms, this should be essencial!

Oi Mariane obrigado por sus comentarios estamos ja reparando as fechaduras dos banheiros, por ser uma construcao muito antigua estamos sempre melhorando as instalacoes, aproveitando dos comentarios dos clientes.Atensiosamente Heros sarti o Gerente

The s taff was not helpful or welcoming. The breakfast was terrible. The overall feel of the place was not welcoming or homey. The first room we were in had no A/C and a broken toliet seat. There were flies constantly bugging us. The room they moved us too had A/C which was nice and they did have free shampoo and soap which was a big plus. I wish the staff was more helpful because we had no idea what to do or how to get around. They didn't even have a map at the hostel

Great atmosphere, good installations, great location. Staff very well prepared. I would go to a private dorm with my gf but when we booked we didn't know she was pregnant, so we thought about canceling the booking because the city is very hot, so that they offered us another dorm with air conditioning with no additional cost. Unfortunately we couldn't join the hostel's meetings, but we could enjoy Montevideo very much.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Oi muito obrigado por os bons comentarios,nossa politica e poder atender a cada dia melhor nossos clientes e uma satisfacao muito grande quando sabemos que um cliente sai feliz e leva com ele esta sensacao de nossos hostels, em nome de todos os trabalhadores te agradecemos. Atensiosamente Heros Sarti o gerente

El Viajero Downtown Montevideo is a good choice if you want to stay downtown. Security is decent, though I'm not a fan of the under-bed-lockers. Staff is relatively nice. Atmosphere seemed okayish (though that always depends on who is staying at the moment). Cleaning took place daily. El Viajero is part of a chain and that does help some. When I was there, wifi was down for almost a full day which causes a hassle when you really need to get online. Nonehteless, I would recommend El Viajero.

This hostel didn't blow me away at all. It has the potential to be much better. Room 1 is so loud you will find it almost impossible to sleep, we ended up at 2am requesting we moved rooms. It's not particularly clean, jams on the tables from breakfast, bins in the kitchen smell and we found a cockroach in our room. The staff are friendly but I wouldn't say they go out of their way to make your stay the nicest. The internet is up down up down too which isn't what you want. You get towels though!

Good time there, one more toilette would be perfect

Thanks, we are think about your comment, we are wait for you next time in Montevideo.Best regards Heros Sarti Manager

Very accomodating staff. The A/C in our room wasn't working so they paid for a night in a very nice nearby hotel (luxury by hostel standards) while they fixed it. Although it was a slight inconvenience we thought it was great customer service.