El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

It is a great hostel! i've been there a couple of times and i always have a great time :) people from the hostel is awesome they are always willing to help and to make you enjoy your stay, I will definitely return

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hostel has great architecture and the common areas encourage socializing. They also do a nice job of putting together bar nights with music which creates a good atmosphere. Our room was clean and nice. The breakfast was very basic, but it's free so you can't really complain. Hot water and wifi worked well!

The best hostel in Uruguay!! Staff was AMAZING!! Recommend me a lot of good advices! Thanks, besides that super god beds!, clean and very good atmosphere

I had a lovely staythe rooms and bathroom were very clean, which was awesome. They had an awesome salsa lesson on Monday night and the instructor was amazing! Staff in general were very sweet and helpful, especially Federico at the front who provides me with good travel tips. He was also very cute :) all in all, great stay!

• 17th Apr 2015

Great staff, great live music one of the nights I stayed, good location. The breakfast could be improved. The coffee was horrible but i think this is the norm for hostel coffee/breakfast.

In the summary, we felt very good at the Location and will recommend it to friends

• 26th Mar 2015

I was in doubt when choosing a hostel in Montevideo but I think I did the right choice, it's a bit expensive but then again in Montevideo they all are! The location is perfect, it's in the center and in a quiet area. The rooms and wc could be better but the common room is great and the hostel has a awesome atmosphere, every day I met new backpackers. I was traveling alone but I didn't have a single dinner alone. Considering what's available in Montevideo, it's the best choice

good vibes. great movie selection! was only there for one night but the staff was very helpful when we needed help booking flights. the internet kept crashing every 30 minutes, not sure if that´s normal or not. overall comfy beds and nice, spacious hostel. didn´t blow my mind though

I spent the first night in a dorm, and then switched to a private room when my boyfriend arrived. The private room had a really bad smell of mold, and the shower wasn't clean at all.

They have a pub inside that played musicuuntil 12:30. It was a nightmare stay. Plus it is too expensive for what they offer.

Best wifi I had in two months. Lovely lovely staff. Beautiful building and lovely lively atmosphere. Very happy to stay here.

It's a great hostel with a fantastic staff! The decoration is beautiful and the shared areas very nice, especially the patio. Location is good, just few blocks away from the main square of the city and with groceries, laundry and restaurants very close by. Only thing I didn't like is that the bathrooms are under-sized for the amount of guests.

Reception is open 24 hours. Very clean, with individual sheets given to every guest at arrival time, and an established cleaning time, we saw them cleaning everyday we were there. The rooms have big lockers where you can store just about everything in your bag. The staff was always willing to answer our questions and guide us in the city, always concerned about every guest, keeping a friendly and light atmosphere, great to hang out. The hostel had good entertainment and a kitchen fully equipped.

1 2 Next » last »