El Viajero - Downtown Hostel & Suites Reviews

Direccion Soriano 1073, Montevideo, Uruguay

Dirty room and hostel - not just the usual wear and tear, but litter left on the floor of my private room! Staff close to useless, gave no help and seemed like it was too much effort to do anything simple like book a taxi. Activities were publicized, but when I stayed there seemed to be nothing on? Never again.

The hostel is in a great location, just near 18 De Julio and a few mins walk from plaza independencia and sarandi. Mauri & Francisco were also great with info re getting around and helping us out. The beds are decent but the bathrooms could do with a bit of work. The breakfast isnt fantastic, but its good enough.

great location just at the central downtown,nice and helpful staff.will visit again next time.

staff are realy incredible. very helfull and kind. It makes you feel with friends.

It was a average hostel some staff were great, the actual communal area was good but very cold in the evening. I felt that some of the floors and walls could do with a good scrub due to marks and scruff marks.

Good hostel, well located and great atmosphere. Only thing they need to improve is their bathrooms, the shared one doesn't have even hangers to place your clothes when showering and the shower's floor floods. Besides that nothing to complain about.

I had a great stay at the viajero. Federico even helped me find an apartment in MVD. Thanks!

Fredrico was the man! Very helpful told us the best places to go and helped me Print some. Documents off thank you!!

Too noyse!!

Great hostel. The staff were great, especially the guy at reception. I cannot remember his name, think it was Frederico.

This is a great hostel, its in a good location, the atmosphere is nice and the staff really helpful. I recommend it!!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

I was a bit annoyed that a group of travellers in the hostel were up drinking until 3-4am, not just drinking but screaming and making loads of unnecessary noise - the dorms are right next to the common areas and it kept me awake all night. I was unwell so didn't have the energy to get out of my top bunk to shout at the yanquis making the noise but I think the hostel also have a responsibility to make sure people show respect for others, especially after midnight.

That night almost all the passangers that were staying at our hostel were hanging out, sharing traveling experiences and enjoing a beautiful night untill about 1am , then everybody went out together to bars nearby. It is a shame you didnt tell us you felt unwell, we have a doctor and an emergency service included that could have taken you to a hospital if needed, where you could have found absolute silence

Good place, Nice kitchen and salon but the room smelt bad, humidity and was small (twin without bathroom). The staff was great and helpfull. The breakfast was ok. A bit noisy at nigth. We had à good stay

Me and my friends really loved the hostel and the staff!! Everything was great! Thanks Federico for the advices and all your help!

• 21st Apr 2014

Federico fue muy amable y de mucha ayuda

Bunk beds are cozy, but quite old, so that it is getting loud when someone gets down from or up from or to the upper bed. Our room (4 bed dorm) was a bit smelly, a kind of wet wood. Hostel as such is pretty quiet. A lot of travellers from everywhere spend their time in public area but, at least this is my opinion, they didn't really tried to get new friendships.

Rooms were a bit squeezy, not much room for the bags. They had good luggage storage on the day of check out. Everything else was fine, except WiFi which was a bit touch and go.

Lovely hostel! Federico is the man - friendly and an awesome guitar player. Good vibes and nice decor. Only minus was that my locker was broken and room didn't lock. Other than that, excellent!

Great Hostel. Good location, frendly staff (Lucia is the best!), good breackfast and a lot of art on their walls. Private rooms are good value for money.Very recomendable.

Amazing staff . All smoking women ad friendly . Fairy clean . Relaxing . Would stay here again