En Attendant Godot Youth Hostel Reviews

No.33 Guanlian Road, Yangshuo, China

Good location, close to the river. The staff was very nice and helpful. She spoke English very well and went hiking with us on the TV tower, where we had a beautiful view. However, we were staying 4 nights and they did never clean the bad and the towels were not very clean. We also had a cockroach in our room.

The hygiene in the hotel was not very good. In my first night I had a visit from some cockroaches in my dorm room and the bathrooms were more filled with left hair than being clean at all. The receptionist was not able to speak English at all, however always called English speaking staff who was helpful then. However, in my dorm room the receptionist lived as well and was always leaving chaos. Further, I like dogs but would like to be asked first if the hostel dog stays overnight in my room.

Moar, the receptionist, treated us very well, he is very helpful and we had a great lunch with him on the rooftop terrace of the hostel. the private room was very big with a huuuge bed, and the location is very good by the riverside. The dog in the hostel is very friendly too :) The only thing to point out is that the kitchen was a little too small and basic to be used by the guests, in my opinion.