En Attendant Godot Youth Hostel Reviews

No.33 Guanlian Road, Yangshuo, China

Great location for exploring the scenery around Yangshuo and the surrounding area. The rooms were homely and the staff were very friendly. Highlight was the owner Cassie. She picked us up on her scooter completely for free the night we arrived and throughout our stay made herself available to call when we wanted to book trips/activities and if we had any problems. She even let us have a go on her scooter so we could get the hang of it before we rented one. We will miss Miss You, her dog! Thanks!

Nice hostel, good location close walk to 'everything'. Nice roof top terrasse with a small kitchen to cook your own food.

I really enjoyed my stay in Yangshuo and the staff at the hostel really made me feel welcome. They had everything I needed and would go out of their way to help me. I would definitely stay here again and I hope to go back soon!

• 15th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed Godot Hostel. The staff was extremely helpful. There was a family style dinner that was a great way to eat some local food. It's perfect if you're looking for a basic good cheap place to stay.

• 11th Jul 2014

Stayed 3 nights - quality spot. Friendly staff were eager to help. Got flat tire, but they came quickly to fix it. Clean hostel, western toilets (always a plus in China!). Sweet view of Li River from rooftop, awesome family dinner (learned some Chinese). Sorted me out with loads of stuff: mountain hiking, swimming, mountain biking. Had loads of fun here.

• 7th Jul 2014

Under new management En Attendant Godot has recently been renovated. Most reviews about this places appear to be negative, but it is quite nice. The town is not that big, but location next to the Li River makes for a nice place to stay. The sound of flowing water is quite calming.

I really enjoyed the stay at Godot Hostel. The rrom is spacious, clean and rather quiet for a goodnite sleep. The washroom was clean and comes with hot shower. The lady custoemr service is pretty helpful in guiding backpackers like me. The hostel is also 5 mins walk from the tourist street and best of all, the balcony was magnificent with a beautiful & scenic of Yangshuo hills Walah!! Highly recommended!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Cool place, cool people!! Lady called Kathy was especially helpful, her English was very good also!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The smiley woman at the front desk was awesome. Unfortunately she was the only good thing about this hostel. They really shouldn't have guests now as their ground floor (usually the common area?) is half in ruins and under construction. The room reeked of mold (and almost every corner had mold). Lockers were provided but were shaky wooden things (a couple were entirely broken). The rooftop terrace was okay but small and the floor felt like it would give way at any moment. Highly unrecomended.

Ok Hostel. Very hard to find. Nice staff. Helpful with bike rental.

We ran into a bit of trouble with a bussing situation while staying at this hostel and the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were very willing to take time to escort us to places and spend quite a bit of time helping us figure out our bussing situation. I would definitely recommend this hostel. The facilities weren't the cleanest, but we also chose not to have an ensuite bathroom, which I think would have made a difference!