En Attendant Godot Youth Hostel Reviews

No.33 Guanlian Road, Yangshuo, China

My friend and i stayed here for four days. We found the room to be clean and comfortable and to be excellent value for money. The best part of it was the staff. Cathy and Ting Ting took us out for activities during the day (tubing and scooter tour) and to local restaurants and the best bars at night. They also cooked us two lovely meals up on the roof terrace which is a great place to relax and meet the other guests. All in all they made our stay really special and i hope to be back soon.

We had an amazing time at this hostel thanks to Kathy and Tingting, the two girls who run the place. They helped us with anything we needed and also took us on an awesome tour of Yangshuo and the surrounding area..totally for free! We offered to pay but they said it was as friends and not as tour guides. The atmosphere there was a lot of fun and family dinner was always delicious. My one complaint is that in the "Facities" section, it says that there's a pool table, but there wasn't.

• 16th Aug 2014

Overall we were happy, but the beds are just box-springs! Hard as rock, even by Chinese standards... The room was pretty big (twin beds room), decent WIFI, A/C and bathroom. The common area is small and uncomfortable. The location is a long walk away from any action, which you think might mean quieter... but unfortunately a nearby school means you'll hear music and announcements far too early in the morning for my tastes. The far location means it's close to cheap food though!

the staff is friendly, the rooms are pleasant and there is a very nice view from the terrace. We enjoyed lunch with the staff. food was plentiful and delicious.

One of the best hostels I stayed on in china !! The was soooo helpful, there was nothing they couldn't fix or find :) ask ask ask that makes your stay so much better :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Great location for exploring the scenery around Yangshuo and the surrounding area. The rooms were homely and the staff were very friendly. Highlight was the owner Cassie. She picked us up on her scooter completely for free the night we arrived and throughout our stay made herself available to call when we wanted to book trips/activities and if we had any problems. She even let us have a go on her scooter so we could get the hang of it before we rented one. We will miss Miss You, her dog! Thanks!

Nice hostel, good location close walk to 'everything'. Nice roof top terrasse with a small kitchen to cook your own food.

I really enjoyed my stay in Yangshuo and the staff at the hostel really made me feel welcome. They had everything I needed and would go out of their way to help me. I would definitely stay here again and I hope to go back soon!

• 15th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed Godot Hostel. The staff was extremely helpful. There was a family style dinner that was a great way to eat some local food. It's perfect if you're looking for a basic good cheap place to stay.

• 11th Jul 2014

Stayed 3 nights - quality spot. Friendly staff were eager to help. Got flat tire, but they came quickly to fix it. Clean hostel, western toilets (always a plus in China!). Sweet view of Li River from rooftop, awesome family dinner (learned some Chinese). Sorted me out with loads of stuff: mountain hiking, swimming, mountain biking. Had loads of fun here.

• 7th Jul 2014

Under new management En Attendant Godot has recently been renovated. Most reviews about this places appear to be negative, but it is quite nice. The town is not that big, but location next to the Li River makes for a nice place to stay. The sound of flowing water is quite calming.

I really enjoyed the stay at Godot Hostel. The rrom is spacious, clean and rather quiet for a goodnite sleep. The washroom was clean and comes with hot shower. The lady custoemr service is pretty helpful in guiding backpackers like me. The hostel is also 5 mins walk from the tourist street and best of all, the balcony was magnificent with a beautiful & scenic of Yangshuo hills Walah!! Highly recommended!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Cool place, cool people!! Lady called Kathy was especially helpful, her English was very good also!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is pretty far from the town centre and in a very depressing location. Our room was small, damp and had mold on the walls and the bathroom appliances were broken. The staff was nice and helpful but we had to leave early in the morning (7 am) and had to wake up the girl who worked there in order to check out.

Ok Hostel. Very hard to find. Nice staff. Helpful with bike rental.

We ran into a bit of trouble with a bussing situation while staying at this hostel and the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were very willing to take time to escort us to places and spend quite a bit of time helping us figure out our bussing situation. I would definitely recommend this hostel. The facilities weren't the cleanest, but we also chose not to have an ensuite bathroom, which I think would have made a difference!