En Attendant Godot Youth Hostel Reviews

No.33 Guanlian Road, Yangshuo, China

The only downside to this hostel was th lack of lockers (and the squat toilet if you're not used to that) but it more than made up for it in location and staff. Kathy and Tingtin are both lovely and can't do enough for you! Used their local knowledge to get discounts on anything and in the evening me and Kathy went swimming at Secret Beach and then rode her scooter into the mountains- definitely one of the best experiences in China, and I can't say enough about the staff at Godot.

Good location, close to the river. The staff was very nice and helpful. She spoke English very well and went hiking with us on the TV tower, where we had a beautiful view. However, we were staying 4 nights and they did never clean the bad and the towels were not very clean. We also had a cockroach in our room.

The hygiene in the hotel was not very good. In my first night I had a visit from some cockroaches in my dorm room and the bathrooms were more filled with left hair than being clean at all. The receptionist was not able to speak English at all, however always called English speaking staff who was helpful then. However, in my dorm room the receptionist lived as well and was always leaving chaos. Further, I like dogs but would like to be asked first if the hostel dog stays overnight in my room.