FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff told us wrong information on 3 seperate occasions (we almost missed our flight because of what they told us). The bathrooms are dirty and the toilets don't flush properly so most people didn't flush at all. The showers are filthy. We had things stolen from our bags. The worst part is that it's over priced. They told us that renting towels didn't work for them so you have to buy. You can't rent a lock you have to buy one. Overpriced bar too

Enjoyed our stay, excellent location right beside the Edgware Road bakerloo line tube station! Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and tidy. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 11th Apr 2013

Very good hostel

It's good value for money. There's a pub downstairs, showers on every floor (small, but it wasn't such a problem for us), there are some lockers in the rooms (just bring your own padlock). Tube and bus stations are near the hostel, so the location is good. There are (triple) bunk beds and it's not very comfortable to sleep on the highest bed.

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Croatia

I'm glad I only stayed for 2 nights because the bathrooms and showers were kind of gross. The water pressure is very low in the showers and they are tiny, I'm a 5' 4" slim girl and I could barely turn around in there I can't imagine a man trying to shower there. The rooms and beds were clean but got a bit stuffy. This "delicious pizza" that they advertise is nothing more than a overpriced frozen pizza that I was mediocre at best. The staff was friendly though. Overall I'd stay again if I had to.

Its a very good hostel! There is only one thing I have to criticise. The bar downstairs can be used as a common room; however, there is no area in the hostel where you are allowed to eat you own food. Neither in the rooms, nor in the bar.

• 2nd Apr 2013

Almost everything was good, though 9 people in a triple bunk bed make the dorms too small for people and luggage. However this probably is related to the good value for money. Even though I am definitely satisfied with the hostel in general.

Really great spot & location. Right outside the underground station. Good vibes all through the building, but our room was pretty small & didnt have many plugs. The internet didnt work in the rooms everytime, either.

For the price this is a good hostel. Good beds, (simple) breakfest included, staff very kind most of the time. Wi-fi reasonably fast. The location, however, is not good, being very far from the good places. Plus, small and not enough lockers for everyone in the bedroons. You can't bring food at all inside the hostel, few plugs in the bedroons (which few of them you can't use because th bed blocks it) The showers are really tiny!!, except for the one in the 2nd floor, which is ok.

Very goog

• 24th Mar 2013
  • Spain

This hostel is really clean which is something very important to me. This is more kind of a bed-and-breakfast-hostel since theres no kitchen and other services that many hostels offer. If you are looking just for an affordable place to only sleep and have breakfast this is it!

I would recomend the pre purchase of ear plugs for the traffic noise.and although the bex linen is new and very clean the mattresses aren't the most comfortable

close to the city center, good value for money

• 24th Mar 2013

Very clean hostel and value for money very good.. Is possible meet nice people from all over the world enjoying very good beer.. What else? Staff is very nice.. I've been in this hostel for 1 month.. Why??? Why not..:))

Nothing against the hostel, but my friend and I ran into a lot of creepy men in the pub below. Ladies beware! The live music on Thursdays is excellent, would definitely recommend!!

• 21st Mar 2013

Keycards for our room never worked, which means you had to knock on the door every time you wanted to go into the room. Our dorm for eight people was in fact a dorm with NINE people; the room was so small you could hardly walk or stand without being in the way of someone else. The beds were bunkbeds with THREE!!! beds on top of each other. This wasn't secure at all and at night I was always afraid of falling down since nothing was there to protect me from doing so.

The hostel is excellent value. The beds are clean linen always and quite spacious and comfortable. Which is the most important thing for a good sleep.

Our stay at the Green Man was amazing, the staff of both the hostel and the bar was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and the bathrooms clean. The location of the hostel is great, it's directly next to Edgware Staion and the buses aren't far either. We really enjoyed our stay, the only downside I can think of was a certain lack in security, especially in the big dorm rooms, so I recommend using the lockers that are provided and not leaving any of your stuff unattended.

Very Good

The bunk beds weren't directly beside the wall and they had no sides, which I never like. The only other downside was the lack of a kitchen. It was very easy to find, right next to a tube station