FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

The only problem was that keys weren't working time to time so we had to change it on a reception, but everything else was great!

• 24th Apr 2013
  • Croatia

This was my first hostel experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The luggage was monitored by CCTV and the lockers were fairly big (my 15.6in laptop fit flat and there was maybe another 12in above that). The beds/sheets seemed clean. The bathrooms were OK even when I used them at 10:30am. The hostel is literally next door to a tub station and a 35min walk to Piccadilly Circus.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Cheap hostel. Unfortunately we didn't know that the pub was closed for some works so we had to have breakfast sat on the carpet of the corridor. If we had known about it we would have booked an other hostel.

• 21st Apr 2013

Water pressure in shower was very low, almost nihil. Lockers to small I think. So far I had always lockers where I could put my backpack (small one) in. Did not have breakfast so cannot review, but definitely choosing this hostel the next time I"ll come. It still is a hostel and for the price you pay you get what you need. Staf

Had a nice stay: perfect location to explore London. Very small showers but you can expect that for the money you pay for this! I think the best value for money hostel in London. despite it being renovated (the bar) managed to serve us well :) Friendly staff!

Nice enough hostel, definitely great location close to the tube and with its own pub right below the dorm rooms. The staff was nice and breakfast was ok. Didn't expect it to be quiet, but having two different groups of people check in after 1:00 am (on two different nights), totally drunk and louder than the entire pub with its life music was a bit of a downer... So if you want to start your day bright and early, might wanna consider booking a private room...

• 18th Apr 2013

a little bit too cold in rooms, but generally perfect ;)

• 18th Apr 2013
  • Poland

The Hostel is kind of difficult to find because the FRESH sign is tiny and you think it's only a pub. But after having found it, it was a great stay, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast ok :)

I would recomend anyone to stay at green man for a few reasons. 1)great location 2)good staff and fan atmosfere 3)good value for the money e.g.

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff told us wrong information on 3 seperate occasions (we almost missed our flight because of what they told us). The bathrooms are dirty and the toilets don't flush properly so most people didn't flush at all. The showers are filthy. We had things stolen from our bags. The worst part is that it's over priced. They told us that renting towels didn't work for them so you have to buy. You can't rent a lock you have to buy one. Overpriced bar too

Enjoyed our stay, excellent location right beside the Edgware Road bakerloo line tube station! Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and tidy. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 11th Apr 2013

Very good hostel

It's good value for money. There's a pub downstairs, showers on every floor (small, but it wasn't such a problem for us), there are some lockers in the rooms (just bring your own padlock). Tube and bus stations are near the hostel, so the location is good. There are (triple) bunk beds and it's not very comfortable to sleep on the highest bed.

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Croatia

I'm glad I only stayed for 2 nights because the bathrooms and showers were kind of gross. The water pressure is very low in the showers and they are tiny, I'm a 5' 4" slim girl and I could barely turn around in there I can't imagine a man trying to shower there. The rooms and beds were clean but got a bit stuffy. This "delicious pizza" that they advertise is nothing more than a overpriced frozen pizza that I was mediocre at best. The staff was friendly though. Overall I'd stay again if I had to.

Its a very good hostel! There is only one thing I have to criticise. The bar downstairs can be used as a common room; however, there is no area in the hostel where you are allowed to eat you own food. Neither in the rooms, nor in the bar.

• 2nd Apr 2013

Almost everything was good, though 9 people in a triple bunk bed make the dorms too small for people and luggage. However this probably is related to the good value for money. Even though I am definitely satisfied with the hostel in general.

Really great spot & location. Right outside the underground station. Good vibes all through the building, but our room was pretty small & didnt have many plugs. The internet didnt work in the rooms everytime, either.

For the price this is a good hostel. Good beds, (simple) breakfest included, staff very kind most of the time. Wi-fi reasonably fast. The location, however, is not good, being very far from the good places. Plus, small and not enough lockers for everyone in the bedroons. You can't bring food at all inside the hostel, few plugs in the bedroons (which few of them you can't use because th bed blocks it) The showers are really tiny!!, except for the one in the 2nd floor, which is ok.

Very goog

• 24th Mar 2013
  • Spain

This hostel is really clean which is something very important to me. This is more kind of a bed-and-breakfast-hostel since theres no kitchen and other services that many hostels offer. If you are looking just for an affordable place to only sleep and have breakfast this is it!