Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

First visit to BCN and wanted to stay a few days. Really nice hostel, easy to get to, you have to use the metro line, but in Barcelona you use it everyday. I would certainly recommend this hostel.

Dear friend, we had a good time with you here at the Hostel, we hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

They advertise wifi through the building and this is untrue. my friend and i were staying on the second floor with no wifi. Other than that! it was a great stay!

The hostel was okay. The location is a bit far from the city center area. Which made it a bit pricey for the location. You had to pay for breakfast which was lame and it wasn't very good. Also, the air conditioning was hardly on in the basement common area. I would be sweating sitting down there sometimes because that was the only place the wifi would work. The staff is the redeeming factor for this hostel. A special shout-out to Graydon, Carragh, and Luca. They were all super helpful.

• 19th Jun 2014

dear friend,for 2,5€ we think it is pritty good, bread, milk,orange juice,croissants,magdalenas,croissants with chocolate ,butter,jam,2 kinds of cereals and a cofee capsule (buffet breackfast), u cant have all of that in a bar. the air conditioned has a schedule, anyway if you feel hot you can tell us and we will turn it on for you. the staff saids hello!! hope to see you again in yellow nest hostel

The staff was very friendly and the facilities are nice. On the negative side the wifi was bad, close to unuseable and it is far from the city centre and the beach.

Despite the hostel not being very cenrally located to the "touristy" part of Barceloa, the staff did a good job of communicating about group activities around the city center. Great common room facilities and kitchen. The promotion of related hostels throughout Spain via brochures got a little annoying.

Hostel was lovely, very clean, the bathrooms were really nice, fairly good location with easy transport links. Staff were very helpful and directed us to the best sites with extra information.

This hostel was absolutely amazing. The beds were awesome, everything was cleaned daily, the kitchen was perfect and has all the cooking stuff you need and they have a set up where if people leave food after they move on it becomes free! The atmosphere was great and anyone on these reviews that says anything bad about the hostel must have been having a personal bad day- it's awesome! Grayden (one of the staff) was great and Sophie really went above and beyond!!! Love this place!

• 17th Jun 2014

Reception is unhelpful, and besides checking you in they were incapable of anything else. Didn't even have a map for us! Common space was nice with other travelers being really helpful. No wifi in rooms and rooms aren't too clean. Only 2 female toilets!

If you want to stay in a hostel much like a college dorm where kids play drinking games and hangout in the hallways all night this place is for you. Not really a mature traveling environment.

• 16th Jun 2014

I really enjoy my stay in Yellow nest hostel! The staff was kind and helpful! Met great guys over there! It is near a metro station so easy access and there are a lot of markets and shops around. Would definitively recommend it to others!

Incredible experience

• 14th Jun 2014

The stay was good i like the location away from the busy Catalunya, also when i arrived from Madrid by bus i found it very difficult to find the hostel eventually i some how bumped into the hostel.Other than that i found the hostel very very pleasant and well organised thank you.

This is a cool little hostel. Good showers, good A/C, good kitchen, good wifi. The rooms are nice, but the beds in my room needed some help. They were extremely noisy. I couldn't move an inch without waking up the whole room. I also wasn't in love with the cabinets turned lockers. I did enjoy the connection the hostel had to Travel Bar. Loved their tours!

Reasonably clean, friendly & helpful staff, our all-female dorm had lockers in the room (bring your own lock) which was nice. The location is just okay--not exactly central to the city, but nonetheless all the major sights were easily accessible by metro and there is a stop about 5 minutes away from the hostel (Badal)

Terrible management. Our booking that we made 3 weeks in advance was cancelled by an employee. Then they made us feel like they were doing us a favour to find us a bed. They then came to our room the day before we were leaving to tell us we had to check out. We tried to explain we had another night (which we did) yet they insisted we must leave. Once they realized we did have another night the told us we had move rooms. We've travelled for 4 months and this was the worst hostel we've stayed.

There is no AC, don't believe them if they say otherwise. The room was unbearably hot in June. My bed was definitely not clean when I arrived. There is barely enough light to see in the bathrooms. No wifi in the rooms (they lie about that too).

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great place for meeting people. Reliable facilities and kept clean. All the receptionists were very helpful, especially Graydon. Thanks for an awesome stay!

Loved my time in Barcelona - the hostel was really close to the subway station which made up for the fact it was a tiny bit out of the city. Most of the staff are very friendly and happy to help - especially the girl with long brown hair! The only downside was that my bed was very squeaky and also noisy at night as we could hear downstairs out the front and also that it got light really early and the curtains were not adequate. But would love to stay here again.

Clean, tidy, helpful staff and not far from the subway. Definetly worth it.

Hello, dear guest, thank you for your review. Hope to see you back soon! Greetings, the staff

This hostel was amazing! There was a great vibe in the common areas, so meeting people as very easy, but it was also easy to do your own thing. Wish the Terrace was open longer. The kitchen was so well stocked. Even though the hostel is a bit further away from the touristy thing, I walked everywhere. I loved the residential like feeling of it. The staff was great and the hostel is very environmentally aware. Strongly recommend!

Dear guest, thank you for your review! We are glad to have had you! Hope you'll be beck soon! :) Greetings , all of the staff