Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

The rooms were blistering hot and had a musky smell to them. The staff weren't very helpful and it was located 20 minutes outside of the center, so if you want to go out at night you need to be back before 2:00 to catch the metro.

Dear Friend, we turn on the air conditioned from 20:00-00:00 and then from 04:00-08:00 in the rooms, anyway, if you are hot, just need to tell us and we will turn it on again. There is some new staff members now and they need a little bit of time to know everything, we apologies for that. To come back from the center you can use the night bus, there are 2 lines that comes here. Hope to see you soon in Yellow Nest Hostel

The staff made extra care that I felt very comfortable and welcome as soon I was there. they were always forthcoming for any query.will go back if I have chance.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • India

The staff were lovely, accommodating and so friendly! I really enjoyed my stay here and the kitchen is awesome! A special thanks Ioana for making my stay feel like home.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Carragh, Ioana, Klair, and Barbora were all very nice and helpful! Get atmosphere for fun times and would defiantly recommend those who are social and enjoy to jam!

• 1st Jul 2014

This is a nice clean hostel with a massive common room area and lovely terrace. The staff seemed too busy to deal with anyone although they did offer some useful sites to visit. The general crowd here was very young so I felt a bit old, at 30. The hostel is slightly out of the way too so going back at night felt a bit intimidating. I would go back but it wouldn't be my first choice

Dear friend, dont worry!! you are young!!!!!! , dont worry coming back at night, the area its pritty safe and the building in front of us is a police station. Hope to see you again at Yellow Nest Hostel

My friend and I (both from Colorado in the States) stayed and loved our experience! The hostel staff was very diverse, friendly and kind - plus it was really cool that they went out to dinner with us. Carragh, Ioana and Claire gave us really great advice about things to do in the city (that they could since they're new) and shared life experiences making us feel like we'd gained friends. The facilities were great, the people were fun and it was an overall positive experience!

Dear Friend!, thank you for staying with us, the staff had a great time with you guys, we hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

Friendly environment with lots of potential to meet fellow travelers and make new friends. Awesome kitchen. Dorms could use a couple fans as it got toasty!! Overall great vibes and good times slightly away from city centre.

• 30th Jun 2014

I felt very clean, safe, and comfortable in this hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and gave out free maps and directions. I shared a room with 9 other girls and everyone was respectful and nice. There's a nice common area to meet people and you can use the kitchen. Breakfast was 2.50 euros but was not very good as it only consisted of cereal, juice, milk, coffee, and packaged pastries. It was not the best location as you had to take the metro everywhere to go downtown.

Dear friend, thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

First visit to BCN and wanted to stay a few days. Really nice hostel, easy to get to, you have to use the metro line, but in Barcelona you use it everyday. I would certainly recommend this hostel.

Dear friend, we had a good time with you here at the Hostel, we hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

They advertise wifi through the building and this is untrue. my friend and i were staying on the second floor with no wifi. Other than that! it was a great stay!

The hostel was okay. The location is a bit far from the city center area. Which made it a bit pricey for the location. You had to pay for breakfast which was lame and it wasn't very good. Also, the air conditioning was hardly on in the basement common area. I would be sweating sitting down there sometimes because that was the only place the wifi would work. The staff is the redeeming factor for this hostel. A special shout-out to Graydon, Carragh, and Luca. They were all super helpful.

• 19th Jun 2014

dear friend,for 2,5€ we think it is pritty good, bread, milk,orange juice,croissants,magdalenas,croissants with chocolate ,butter,jam,2 kinds of cereals and a cofee capsule (buffet breackfast), u cant have all of that in a bar. the air conditioned has a schedule, anyway if you feel hot you can tell us and we will turn it on for you. the staff saids hello!! hope to see you again in yellow nest hostel

The staff was very friendly and the facilities are nice. On the negative side the wifi was bad, close to unuseable and it is far from the city centre and the beach.

Despite the hostel not being very cenrally located to the "touristy" part of Barceloa, the staff did a good job of communicating about group activities around the city center. Great common room facilities and kitchen. The promotion of related hostels throughout Spain via brochures got a little annoying.

Hostel was lovely, very clean, the bathrooms were really nice, fairly good location with easy transport links. Staff were very helpful and directed us to the best sites with extra information.

This hostel was absolutely amazing. The beds were awesome, everything was cleaned daily, the kitchen was perfect and has all the cooking stuff you need and they have a set up where if people leave food after they move on it becomes free! The atmosphere was great and anyone on these reviews that says anything bad about the hostel must have been having a personal bad day- it's awesome! Grayden (one of the staff) was great and Sophie really went above and beyond!!! Love this place!

• 17th Jun 2014

Reception is unhelpful, and besides checking you in they were incapable of anything else. Didn't even have a map for us! Common space was nice with other travelers being really helpful. No wifi in rooms and rooms aren't too clean. Only 2 female toilets!

If you want to stay in a hostel much like a college dorm where kids play drinking games and hangout in the hallways all night this place is for you. Not really a mature traveling environment.

• 16th Jun 2014

I really enjoy my stay in Yellow nest hostel! The staff was kind and helpful! Met great guys over there! It is near a metro station so easy access and there are a lot of markets and shops around. Would definitively recommend it to others!

Incredible experience

• 14th Jun 2014

The stay was good i like the location away from the busy Catalunya, also when i arrived from Madrid by bus i found it very difficult to find the hostel eventually i some how bumped into the hostel.Other than that i found the hostel very very pleasant and well organised thank you.