Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

This is a cool little hostel. Good showers, good A/C, good kitchen, good wifi. The rooms are nice, but the beds in my room needed some help. They were extremely noisy. I couldn't move an inch without waking up the whole room. I also wasn't in love with the cabinets turned lockers. I did enjoy the connection the hostel had to Travel Bar. Loved their tours!

Reasonably clean, friendly & helpful staff, our all-female dorm had lockers in the room (bring your own lock) which was nice. The location is just okay--not exactly central to the city, but nonetheless all the major sights were easily accessible by metro and there is a stop about 5 minutes away from the hostel (Badal)

Terrible management. Our booking that we made 3 weeks in advance was cancelled by an employee. Then they made us feel like they were doing us a favour to find us a bed. They then came to our room the day before we were leaving to tell us we had to check out. We tried to explain we had another night (which we did) yet they insisted we must leave. Once they realized we did have another night the told us we had move rooms. We've travelled for 4 months and this was the worst hostel we've stayed.

There is no AC, don't believe them if they say otherwise. The room was unbearably hot in June. My bed was definitely not clean when I arrived. There is barely enough light to see in the bathrooms. No wifi in the rooms (they lie about that too).

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great place for meeting people. Reliable facilities and kept clean. All the receptionists were very helpful, especially Graydon. Thanks for an awesome stay!

Loved my time in Barcelona - the hostel was really close to the subway station which made up for the fact it was a tiny bit out of the city. Most of the staff are very friendly and happy to help - especially the girl with long brown hair! The only downside was that my bed was very squeaky and also noisy at night as we could hear downstairs out the front and also that it got light really early and the curtains were not adequate. But would love to stay here again.

Clean, tidy, helpful staff and not far from the subway. Definetly worth it.

Hello, dear guest, thank you for your review. Hope to see you back soon! Greetings, the staff

This hostel was amazing! There was a great vibe in the common areas, so meeting people as very easy, but it was also easy to do your own thing. Wish the Terrace was open longer. The kitchen was so well stocked. Even though the hostel is a bit further away from the touristy thing, I walked everywhere. I loved the residential like feeling of it. The staff was great and the hostel is very environmentally aware. Strongly recommend!

Dear guest, thank you for your review! We are glad to have had you! Hope you'll be beck soon! :) Greetings , all of the staff

fully equipped hostel with nice kitchens and common room to hang out. but i cannot understand why a lock to the locker is not free, that is only point i am not satisfied with.

Great hostel, nice staff, clean and relaxed. Location is the only down side but I did switch to a different hostel which was closer to the center and it was much worse in every way. so youll pay for more metro passes but it may be worth it.

all I expected and more.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The wifi is quite poorly and did not work in the room at all (no signal). Despite that there were enough power outlets in the room, it would have been more convenient if they were placed throughout the room instead of only at the entrance. Especially in a hostel I will not leave my electronics unattended.

Hello! First, thank you for your comment. However, sometimes when people download a lot of movies etc, it takes a lot of the wifi. This is why we have a lot of different connections, so if one fail, the other one works. We'll keep in mind your suggestions, best regards, Yellow Nest team

Definitely a "party hostel" for the 18-22 range. Some nights were horrifyingly loud until near sunrise others weren't too bad. It was my first hostel in BCN and I decided not to extend my stay due to the "cliquey" atmosphere of a lot of the very young guests and it was a bit of a walk/metro ride to anywhere near the city centre or Barceloneta. Other than that it was clean with free linens and fairly decent Wi-Fi and in a nice neighbourhood.

• 30th May 2014
  • queen_nev9

Staff were nice but surprisingly un-knowledgeable (if that's a word). Location not ideal, near-ish to a metro but not near the city center or much else. Overall good experience.

Great place to stay!

The stay was pretty cool. The common room atmosphere was good and the breakfast they give for 2.5 euros is nice. The only problem was there was no wifi in the room. Rest everything was good.

Well equipped hostel close to a tube station. Staff were ok but constantly run off their feet and the kitchen could have been cleaner but otherwise it did the job.

Hey, thank you for your opinion! However, we clean the kitchen twice/day, and then we retouch the cleaning and check during the rest of the day. When it is really busy as you say, and staff is running of their feet, it is normal, that if the guests don't clean their own dishes it can easily give a messy impression! Hope to see you back on a calmer occasion ;) Yellow Nest team

They sold our beds, wouldn't issue us a full refund. They kept money in addition to the travelers taxes and we had no bed to sleep in despite the fact that we prepaid.

• 28th May 2014

Awesome hostel. The location is really great as the metro is just a few mjnutes walk from the hostel. The rooms were clean and had wifi which I loved. Eventhough the bathroom was a common bathroom for everyone it somehow was always clean which really impressed me.

• 28th May 2014

Not sure which was worse; the WiFi or the hot water, still they were both pretty bad

• 27th May 2014