Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

The location wasn't good at all but everything else was great

Dear friend, thank you for visit us at Yellow Nest Hostel, we hope to see you again!

This is by far the best hostel for solo travelers I have ever stayed in. Everything was clean and I made a lot of friends here, including some of the staff members. Yes it's a bit far away from the center, but I was quite happy to stay in and have a few drinks at the hostel with some amazing people rather than spend a ton of money in the center of Barcelona. I am absolutely coming back the first chance I get!

The hostel is a few metro stops away from the city centre, and just two stops away from one of the biggest train stations :) Staff was really friendly. There's not so much space in the dorms, but for that price it's more than ok. It's also easy to meet other travellers. Perfect for backpackers on a tight budget :)

Thank you for visit us, hope u come back to se you again at Yellow Nest Hostel

Great hostel, even at 35 degrees in Barcelona, cool rooms. Great people and great "parties". :-)

Great hostel, shout out to Beth for taking me to the fireworks show and magic fountain!

Dear friend, thank you for staying with us, the staff send you a big hello, hope to see you agai at Yellow Nest Hostel

Very solid hostel! I wish the WiFi extended into the rooms, but everything was clean and the hang out room downstairs was a very nice place.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, air con at request, clean social environment with hardly any rules, i couldn't recommend this more. If your traveling alone it couldn't be more perfect. The staff are more of a little family to you, very hands on and always willing to have fun. Especially Jamie the bartender, never a dull moment, don't think twice about booking this hostel, I had a ball

Thank you for you comment, it ment a lot to us what you wrote, all of us hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

Hostel was a little far from the center of Barcelona but close enough to the metro to get anywhere in the city. The staff was fantastic and so helpful. The hostel was clean and a great place to stay. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

Thank you for your comment, we whant to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

I have spent some really nice time in this Hostel. Not the greatest location but on the other hand, nice facilities, comfy beds and big common area where you can meet other travellers. But the biggest asset of the hostel is the staff. I was welcomed by girl named Barbora, really friendly nice and wonderful person! She showed me all the things I needed to know and helped me with the orientation in Barcelona. Also the other girls were pretty cool. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

Dear friend, thank you for staying with us, it was wonderful to have u, hope to see you again at Yellow Nest Hostel

The hostel was fantastic - great facilities and very clean. The service from reception was fantastic, especially Beth - thank you! Would definitely recommend, and it has great communal areas to easily meet other people

Dear Friend, we are more than happy to hear from you, hope to see you again at Yellow Nest Hostel

When me an my friend arrived in barca we planned to only stay 1 night at Yellow Nest hostel, but eventually this turned out to be a week. I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this is deff one of the best! Very cool vibe and the staff really is THE BEST! Thanks to Sofie, Carragh, Jamie and all the rest every day (and night) wast just epic! When i come back to barca i'll be staying in this hostel again for sure!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Hey guys, we hope you had a great time in our Hostel, staff was very Happy to have you, hope to see you again at Yellow Nest Hostel

The room we stayed had a bad smell and the toilets were not cleaned regularly And the wifi was not working properly

Dejar friend, thank you for your comments, sorry about the smell in the room, but, we do our part but the rest of the guests have to to the ir part in orden to have it clean, the same for the bathrooms, we have a person for that and when that person is not working we try to keep it clean, but unfortunatelly not every one cooperate. Again, thank you for staying at Yellow Nest Hostel

We stayed here for three nights in july and we had a very good time. The kitchen, the play room and the terrasse was so nice and it made it very easy to meet people. The rooms were clean and the beds were very good to sleep in. I would definitely recommend to anyone. Only downside was that it was a little pricey and the staff kept talking about how money were missing in front of the guests and they were also saying some not-so-nice things about the cleaning lady - not very professional!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

This is an excellent place to stay, excellent atmosphere in the downstairs common area, the best kitchen I've seen in a hostel, big free lockers you can fit your bags in, the only negative is its location to the city centre but the buses are easy and the staff are really good (especially Carragh) at helping you find things and recommending places. I definitely recommend it!

One of staff name Beth was very kind and helpful. She recommended me the place to eat and how to get to the places. At night time its quite area so I strongly recommend this hostel.

Dear friend, thank you for stayin with us at Yellow Nest Hostel, hope you come back!

Really nice and helpful staff. Only real downside was the slow and unstable WiFi. A really living and fun hostel for young people. Definitely one of the best hostel I have been to.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Dejar friend thank you for staying with us, sorry about the wifi, we are working on it, hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

Only stayed for about 6 hours as it was an overnight stop and an early train the next morning. Really clean hostel and the staff were friendly. Stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm (not a huge fan of the metal bunks but the mattress was comfy). Checked out at 6am and the staff member asked me to go back to the room and bring the sheets out... Weird as everyone was still sleeping and it was dark and I was in a hurry.. But would probably stay again!

Dejar friend thank you for staying with us. We ask every one to bring the sheets out, If you are late to the airport let us know and we dont ask u to bring them, hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

Absolutely fantastic. Staff were great. Helpful and provided any information which was asked of them. Everybody was impressed with the cleanliness and security. Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Barcelona. Thank you so much for making my time enjoyable.

• 18th Jul 2014

It was great to have you here with us, hope to see you again in Yellow est Hostel!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Phenomenal staff, the bartender is awesome, the common room was huge and open. Simply amazing

Thank you very much for having fun with us, we really enjoyed your company, hope to see you again in Yellow Nest Hostel

Loana and the rest of the staff was great.

• 16th Jul 2014

Thank you for visit our Hostel, it was great to have you here at Yellow Nest Hostel