FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.20 WuJia lane,DongZheng Street, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

Right in the heart of the old town, this is a clean hostel with nice staff, especially the intern Amy. When I first arrived, someone came out to meet me near the bridge, which was perfect, otherwise id definitely have gotten lost. Beds have heating blankets so no need to pay the extra twenty yuan to turn on the AC for heat. Quiet because its the low season.

Great Friendly staff! wish the bathrooms were a bit better. Clean but a little rough, nothing an intrepid traveler would be afraid off. For breakfast try a wrap next door (two varieties Beef and donkey) really delicious. Nice lounge area to hang out and drink some of the local wine.

No heating so it was cold but they did have electric blankets. Location was tricky to find but in the heart of the old town. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you get stopped entering the old town just go round the corner as security is a bit leaky....!

The Hostel is allover a good place to stay in Fenghuang because it's in the middle of the old town but the bathromms are very poor equipped and the shower in our Room did not work you can use the kitchen but you hab to pay a fee of 5 ¥pP, the staff was very helpfull and arranged us some bustickets to Guilin

Great place to stay! Perfect location, and amazing staff! I would love for all of my friends to visit this place and stay at this hostel. The staff took their time to help us plan day trips out of the Phoenix Town and were extremely helpful!

Would I recommend Fenghuang no but if you want to come I would stay at this hostel again. Staff were great & very helpful & recommended some great food places. This town is basically an outdoor mall with an entrance fee but the waterscape is beautiful. Squat toilets here & I could always smell the toilet but keep in mind you are in China & not in a big city. Hostel is inside the old city so technically you need a 148rmb ticket to walk around but I didn't buy it & walked past the checkpoints ok.

The staff at this hostel have great English and are very helpful. I read reviews of other hostels that stated the staff does not speak English and the rooms were damp and moldy. Funghuang is humid and misty in general but this hostel did not feel damp. Everything was clean and they even have a cute puppy to play with. I would not stay anywhere but here in Funghuang.

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels