FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.20 WuJia lane,DongZheng Street, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

This hostel is located in the paid area. I called the hostel for the pick-up and they said they were NOT able to bring me to the hostel by passing the entrance fee of the old town. Security guard is in everywhere and seems that must to pay the 148 yuan entrance fee to enter the town and arrive to this hostel. Old town is very small and commercial. Overview to the old town from the unpaid area was even better. Very smelly toilet. If you insist to stay, prepare to add extra 148 yuan for your stay

Lia at the front desk is so helpful. They helped me bypass the absurd entry fee for the city, a little easier being I was American. The hostel is very charming and quaint. Good wifi downstairs, no clean cold water to drink (just hot water), and only one shower had hot water which you had to use a bucket. Squat toilets. Overall really helpful staff and nice atmosphere.

Good location, spacious room, very helpful and friendly staff

Ugh! The owner ridiculed my request for help finding her hostel, claiming that everyone else finds it easily. Yet the only other guests that arrived during my stay also had to be met and escorted to the hostel. Annoying cat. The only sink connected to a four-bed dorm and a two-bed dorm was clogged, so we were told that we had to use the sink on the first floor. The sink on the first floor didn't have any mirror, so I couldn't have used that to shave. 2nd-floor sink clogged all 6 days of my stay.

The stuff was super nice, they picked us up and helped us to miss the security and do not py the entrance to the old town, where the hostel is, that is very expensive.

Right in the heart of the old town, this is a clean hostel with nice staff, especially the intern Amy. When I first arrived, someone came out to meet me near the bridge, which was perfect, otherwise id definitely have gotten lost. Beds have heating blankets so no need to pay the extra twenty yuan to turn on the AC for heat. Quiet because its the low season.

Great Friendly staff! wish the bathrooms were a bit better. Clean but a little rough, nothing an intrepid traveler would be afraid off. For breakfast try a wrap next door (two varieties Beef and donkey) really delicious. Nice lounge area to hang out and drink some of the local wine.

No heating so it was cold but they did have electric blankets. Location was tricky to find but in the heart of the old town. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you get stopped entering the old town just go round the corner as security is a bit leaky....!

The Hostel is allover a good place to stay in Fenghuang because it's in the middle of the old town but the bathromms are very poor equipped and the shower in our Room did not work you can use the kitchen but you hab to pay a fee of 5 ¥pP, the staff was very helpfull and arranged us some bustickets to Guilin

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels