FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.20 WuJia lane,DongZheng Street, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

Nice view from the tiny but not worth it. The place is really dirty, both beds had stains and the walls were decorated with hundreds of mosquitoes, which I added to since there was no the and there a crack in the glass. We spent half the night the things. Also very that they have the to demand 30 rmb to use the air when the room correspond to most nice hotel prices in China . Go to the other instead .

The staff were very nice and helpful. One spoke very good English, and two others spoke enough. The location is very good: near the east gate and Hong Qiao (bridge). It was very clean, with the exception of a cockroach that got onto my bed. Also, they charge 20 kuai a night to use the AC in the dorms.

The staff here is one-of-a-kind. The day that I left Fenghuang it was pouring outside. Luckily I brought a rain jacket with me, but the manager was kind enough to give me an umbrella so I wouldn't be soaked by the rain. This hostel truly cares about their residents and I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel to anyone who is in the area.

Very friendly and helpful staff who speak very good English. Rooms are a bit old and mouldy, but there isn't much in the old town that isn't, and they have made a lot of effort to make them look nice anyway.

Really wanted to like this hostel as the owner was really nice but place quite hard to find.The lock to our room literally fell out the door. I don't know if there was something wrong with plumbing but there was a faint smell of urine. The room did have aircon which was good and WiFi. Wasn't able to close the window so quite loud at night. Staff not easy to find but did help us with bus to Zhangjiajie. It was in the heart of the Fenghuang old town so great if location is priority.

This hostel is great! Fenghuan is an awesome city. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't reach our room. They also did not provide or offer locks for our stuff. Rooms and beds were great, and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

The room had no lock - anyone could go in or out, though there were locks provided. The floor was pretty dirty and the staff were not that helpful as they seem ed to be more interested in playing computer games. And only of them spoke some English.

This hostel is located in the paid area. I called the hostel for the pick-up and they said they were NOT able to bring me to the hostel by passing the entrance fee of the old town. Security guard is in everywhere and seems that must to pay the 148 yuan entrance fee to enter the town and arrive to this hostel. Old town is very small and commercial. Overview to the old town from the unpaid area was even better. Very smelly toilet. If you insist to stay, prepare to add extra 148 yuan for your stay

Lia at the front desk is so helpful. They helped me bypass the absurd entry fee for the city, a little easier being I was American. The hostel is very charming and quaint. Good wifi downstairs, no clean cold water to drink (just hot water), and only one shower had hot water which you had to use a bucket. Squat toilets. Overall really helpful staff and nice atmosphere.

Good location, spacious room, very helpful and friendly staff

Ugh! The owner ridiculed my request for help finding her hostel, claiming that everyone else finds it easily. Yet the only other guests that arrived during my stay also had to be met and escorted to the hostel. Annoying cat. The only sink connected to a four-bed dorm and a two-bed dorm was clogged, so we were told that we had to use the sink on the first floor. The sink on the first floor didn't have any mirror, so I couldn't have used that to shave. 2nd-floor sink clogged all 6 days of my stay.

The stuff was super nice, they picked us up and helped us to miss the security and do not py the entrance to the old town, where the hostel is, that is very expensive.

Right in the heart of the old town, this is a clean hostel with nice staff, especially the intern Amy. When I first arrived, someone came out to meet me near the bridge, which was perfect, otherwise id definitely have gotten lost. Beds have heating blankets so no need to pay the extra twenty yuan to turn on the AC for heat. Quiet because its the low season.

Great Friendly staff! wish the bathrooms were a bit better. Clean but a little rough, nothing an intrepid traveler would be afraid off. For breakfast try a wrap next door (two varieties Beef and donkey) really delicious. Nice lounge area to hang out and drink some of the local wine.

No heating so it was cold but they did have electric blankets. Location was tricky to find but in the heart of the old town. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you get stopped entering the old town just go round the corner as security is a bit leaky....!

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels