FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.20 WuJia lane,DongZheng Street, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

The staff at this hostel have great English and are very helpful. I read reviews of other hostels that stated the staff does not speak English and the rooms were damp and moldy. Funghuang is humid and misty in general but this hostel did not feel damp. Everything was clean and they even have a cute puppy to play with. I would not stay anywhere but here in Funghuang.

Wow, I hated to trouble the hostel staff with my presence. Then again, they didn't seem to mind (or notice) very much. The hostel staff cook, chat, listen to music, and sit around together. That's a nice life, but not a nice place to stay. To their credit, they upgraded my room to a deluxe single--without telling me that the best part of the city had been flooded 10 days before, and most of the restaurants and river-side shops would be closed for months. I found that out as I wandered the city.

I'm not recommend you to visit FengHuang.It doesnt worth to go there actully.Very commercial and you see the things are not that “old” they build it up afterwards and since last year they start charging for the entrance of the town for RMB148.And you just feel you paid that much money and to visit a shopping mall street!!! This hostel is on the other side of the river after you get off from the bus at bus station.20 mints walking.It's a small hostel and the dorm is deff not good at all.

It's a nice place in the ancient city. It's inside the city walls where you're supposed to buy a ticket to get into. There are security checkpoints at most, not all, of the entrances so security might stop and check for tickets. They spot check. You can buy a ticket (but I don't think the tourist attractions are worth it) or find another path into the ancient city. I think the easiest way is to just to call the front desk and have them escort you inside. Then you might not have to buy a ticket.

Really friendly staff who were happy to help. Great location right in the centre of the old town! Hard beds, clean enough. Would stay again.

This hostel is a good choice for Fenghuang. It is a typical chinese hostel with not much of a lounge area, but it was clean. The hot water didn't work in my shower (paid for a dorm with private washroom) so that was a bit meh, but I just showered in the downstairs shower. Very hard to find, make sure you call the reception when you're near. Technically located in the old town which you need tickets for, but I just walked past the ticket people and didn't have a problem.

Friendly and accommodating staff! I'd recommend this place to any friends visiting Fenghuang. And great location.

The location of the hostel is just perfect. Middle in the centre of old town. The staff was very helpful and helped me a lot with booking a rivercruise to see the 3 gorges. They spoke English well. I booked a single room and the only weird thing was that the squad toilet was in the shower. This however didn't affect my opinion about the hostel.

In a nice location right in the old town. A little hard to find but being off the main streets means it's much quieter. The staff are helpful and it's a good place to book excursions.

Perfect location is one of the biggest advantages of this hostel. This compensates all the small weaknesses like small rooms or low standard of bathrooms. Anyway the stuff is friendly, helpful and they can speak basic English. Do not expect many white people here :)

Very good hostel, staff is very nice. Location is hard to find at first but after that is very good location in old town. Everything here is perfect!!

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels