FengHuang Old Town International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.20 WuJia lane,DongZheng Street, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

The Hostel is allover a good place to stay in Fenghuang because it's in the middle of the old town but the bathromms are very poor equipped and the shower in our Room did not work you can use the kitchen but you hab to pay a fee of 5 ¥pP, the staff was very helpfull and arranged us some bustickets to Guilin

Great place to stay! Perfect location, and amazing staff! I would love for all of my friends to visit this place and stay at this hostel. The staff took their time to help us plan day trips out of the Phoenix Town and were extremely helpful!

Would I recommend Fenghuang no but if you want to come I would stay at this hostel again. Staff were great & very helpful & recommended some great food places. This town is basically an outdoor mall with an entrance fee but the waterscape is beautiful. Squat toilets here & I could always smell the toilet but keep in mind you are in China & not in a big city. Hostel is inside the old city so technically you need a 148rmb ticket to walk around but I didn't buy it & walked past the checkpoints ok.

The staff at this hostel have great English and are very helpful. I read reviews of other hostels that stated the staff does not speak English and the rooms were damp and moldy. Funghuang is humid and misty in general but this hostel did not feel damp. Everything was clean and they even have a cute puppy to play with. I would not stay anywhere but here in Funghuang.

Wow, I hated to trouble the hostel staff with my presence. Then again, they didn't seem to mind (or notice) very much. The hostel staff cook, chat, listen to music, and sit around together. That's a nice life, but not a nice place to stay. To their credit, they upgraded my room to a deluxe single--without telling me that the best part of the city had been flooded 10 days before, and most of the restaurants and river-side shops would be closed for months. I found that out as I wandered the city.

I'm not recommend you to visit FengHuang.It doesnt worth to go there actully.Very commercial and you see the things are not that “old” they build it up afterwards and since last year they start charging for the entrance of the town for RMB148.And you just feel you paid that much money and to visit a shopping mall street!!! This hostel is on the other side of the river after you get off from the bus at bus station.20 mints walking.It's a small hostel and the dorm is deff not good at all.

It's a nice place in the ancient city. It's inside the city walls where you're supposed to buy a ticket to get into. There are security checkpoints at most, not all, of the entrances so security might stop and check for tickets. They spot check. You can buy a ticket (but I don't think the tourist attractions are worth it) or find another path into the ancient city. I think the easiest way is to just to call the front desk and have them escort you inside. Then you might not have to buy a ticket.

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels