Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel Reviews

Rainbow Middle Road, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

pretty simple place, in a very good area, near the bridge but very quiet. the staff are friendly and cool people. the atmosphere was alright considering it's not tourist season but the "bar" offered no kind of service whether food or drinks. otherwise a worthwhile place to stay

The directions to the hostel were useless so I had to get a taxi driver to call the hostel. Once I got there though the staff met me at the door and were very nice and helpful. The location was perfect, right near the Hong bridge but a bit away from the bars so it wasn't loud at night. The 4 bed dorm was a bit small but it was very clean and the bed had a heating pad. The bad thing was that there were no lockers and the luggage storage was just in the common room.

The rooms smells very bad. The facilities very old. We needed to flush the water in the squat toilet with a shrink!!!!!!! it was a holiday, and every place to sleep was very expensive, so this was the cheapest option, but all the time we avoided spending time in the room, because of the horrible smell! So no, it doesnt worth the money saving. They charge extra 30 RMB per day for air condition. No address in Chinese shown in the web, so it was difficult to find, and no one answered the phone.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Israel

hi there ,sorry for the trouble y meet here but right now the hostel is totally updated and y will expeience a totally different thing here.

This hostel was extremely cheap and hence my rating is very harsh. However, the beds were literally dripping wet when we arrived in our 6 person dorm. Atmosphere wise, we saw two other people at the hostel, so there was no one to really be with. That said, the staff were really fun and took us out one night to see the river. There was nothing you could buy at reception, at all. But in the end we did understand why we were the only people staying there.

hi there , right now the hostal is newly decrated and updated .though all the hostal here is facing the wet bed.Buuuuuuuuuut that problem is perfectly settled in our hostel. We have self made souvnoir sold at the reception now, ALL ARE UNIQUE ! COME and Buy one y like....More and more people is coming after the spring festival ! The golden time is COming soon

The hostel is dirty : mould on the walls, turkish toilets in the middle of the bathroom which stink, bed not made when I arrived. Staff doens't speak english but the 2 receptionnist girls made everything they can to help and advise me in spite of they don't speak english.

hi there, as for the time the hostel is being decarated and updated . i can gaurantee next time y come everything will be totally different. I am capable to speak English ,Frence and German. I am waiting here for y and for more friends.

Very damp, nothing would dry. Staff doesnt speak english. Good location and very cheap though.

sorry for the unconvenece and the damp is the typical all the hostel here is faced with because of the weather.but we just updated and decarated our hostel and came up with a great idea to get rid of the damp. hope y can come and enjoy it. since the time y came is not the rush time for this place so our staff (i mean the ones capable of speaking English has gone home ) so when y came next time y will find a fluently English speaking register.

Although the price for the room was very cheap, I had not expected to be paying for the rental of a swamp. The room was dark and dingy and smelled like the damp grounds of a wetland. When I laid down for a rest in my bed I discovered that the pillow and blankets were damp and stale from the moist air. To escape these putrid conditions I retreated to the common area (the only place where one may use the wifi) only to be kicked out because it was a "consumption area, only 10 minutes rest".

• 1st Aug 2014

hi there. I am really understand the unconvienece it bring to y. But right now the hostel is being decorated and updated. I am sure if you come next time,y will have a totally different experience.As for the common area which was rented to be a pub,we are to take it back next yr and change it into a cafeteria common area. Hope y can come and experience again,in which case, we will offer a special gift when y check in. we are waiting here fo y.

Overall a pretty nice hostel. The location is quite good - close to Hongqiao - my only real complaint regarding the location is that their directions only said they were near Hongqiao - which to someone not familiar with the area made it semi-difficult to find the first time. The staff were rather nice. The lobby area has a bar and usually music at nice. Nice atmosphere. I had a shared room, there was a shower and bathroom built in. Good value for money.

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels