Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel Reviews

Rainbow Middle Road, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

The rooms smells very bad. The facilities very old. We needed to flush the water in the squat toilet with a shrink!!!!!!! it was a holiday, and every place to sleep was very expensive, so this was the cheapest option, but all the time we avoided spending time in the room, because of the horrible smell! So no, it doesnt worth the money saving. They charge extra 30 RMB per day for air condition. No address in Chinese shown in the web, so it was difficult to find, and no one answered the phone.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Israel

This hostel was extremely cheap and hence my rating is very harsh. However, the beds were literally dripping wet when we arrived in our 6 person dorm. Atmosphere wise, we saw two other people at the hostel, so there was no one to really be with. That said, the staff were really fun and took us out one night to see the river. There was nothing you could buy at reception, at all. But in the end we did understand why we were the only people staying there.

The hostel is dirty : mould on the walls, turkish toilets in the middle of the bathroom which stink, bed not made when I arrived. Staff doens't speak english but the 2 receptionnist girls made everything they can to help and advise me in spite of they don't speak english.

Very damp, nothing would dry. Staff doesnt speak english. Good location and very cheap though.

Although the price for the room was very cheap, I had not expected to be paying for the rental of a swamp. The room was dark and dingy and smelled like the damp grounds of a wetland. When I laid down for a rest in my bed I discovered that the pillow and blankets were damp and stale from the moist air. To escape these putrid conditions I retreated to the common area (the only place where one may use the wifi) only to be kicked out because it was a "consumption area, only 10 minutes rest".

• 1st Aug 2014

Overall a pretty nice hostel. The location is quite good - close to Hongqiao - my only real complaint regarding the location is that their directions only said they were near Hongqiao - which to someone not familiar with the area made it semi-difficult to find the first time. The staff were rather nice. The lobby area has a bar and usually music at nice. Nice atmosphere. I had a shared room, there was a shower and bathroom built in. Good value for money.

This is the worst hostel or hotel or accommodation I've ever experienced and I've been all over the world. The rooms are a disaster with moisture so damp that the sheets, carpet and walls were wet. The walls are ridden with black and white mold and the smell is terrible. I'm a really easy going person who can take a lot and this just pushed me over the edge. They did have a helpful staff member (short-term volunteer) who helped me out a lot and showed me around. Their only saving grace.

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels