Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel Reviews

Rainbow Middle Road, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

I was helped to find my phone cell that was left when I was in Zhangjiajie, the staffs are many and youth and helpful really. Best service for a China hostel, bring the map direction and read clearly because can be hard if asking people how to go there!

This hostel is located on the pedestrian mall leading to the Old Town and as such requires a short walk from where the closest drop off by taxi is possible. The staff were very helpful and our room on the top floor had a great view. One staff member had very good English, the others had much more limited English but were able to assist with our queries via translation apps on their phones. We were able to book and pay for our bus tickets back to Zhangjiajie at the hostel. I will stay again.

thought it was a bit too expensive for what i got, as i've stayed in hostels that are quite similar to here for much cheaper. the one guy at the front desk was extremely helpful and spoke good english which was an asset. location wise it's perfect for getting a quiet sleep and still being close to the action!

Not great, our shower was terrible and bathroom dirty when we checked in. We complained and the manager refused to do anything. Most of the staff don't speak English so when I asked a question they would all look round at each other and laugh, really professional. No maps and the place could do with a really good clean. Definitely better places to stay.

We feel so sorry that you had an uncomfortable experience, though we upgraded your room from cama to standard room for free. We provided maps,but it needs to pay. And we provide a big map on the wall for guests to take a photo for free.We have checked our management, and find something to improve. Thanks.

Great hostel. Impossible to find without help. A local gave them a call for us and the boss came and showed us the way, which was great. A map/better directions online would be great. Bo showed us to a good restaurant to eat at. The staff were great. The rooms are ok. We had a chance to see one of the rooms with a view, which we would definitely book next time. The bathrooms are a tad hard to use as the shower is directly over a squat toilet. It takes some getting used to...

I think the hostel is moving in the right direction but the place still has water drainage problems and water stains (mold?) on the carpets. The staff was friendly and did their best to help. When we first went to our room and saw that it was a squat toilet we asked if their was a room with a western toilet available. I think it was a miscommunication but at that time the staff said there wasn't one. Later we were eventually changed to a room with one but I had to kill cockroaches the next night

Good hostel near Hongqiao Bridge. Reasonable price.Should they explain the tour more would be better.Hostel have good recommendation for food where only local people goes.Thx for all of you on behalf of the other three of my friends.

Located right by the center of old town, less than a minute walk from Hongqiao where the river is. Walk around here for sightseeing during the day and the wide variety of bars during nighttime. The staff, consisting mostly of young working travelers, were among the nicest I've met during my trips, they even taught me how to play Mahjong!

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels