Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel Reviews

Rainbow Middle Road, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

Good location between new and old town. Good staff, they try to help me when I request.

Where do I begin? We stayed in the four bed dorm This place was a TOTAL DUMP. I'm writing this with a very painful ear infection because our sheets were filthy, there was no hot water, the bathroom floor was disgusting and covered in old water and someone else's hair. There was no way to flush the toilet, we had to pay extra for heat, and every time we needed something the staff would just stand there giggling like useless idiots (my friend and I are foreigners) even though we asked in Chinese.

We booked a double standard room, it was grubby. The bathroom was filthy and the shower was located above the hole in the floor toilet, with a hose to flush it... The room was freezing cold, when asking for the heat to be put on we were charged for the remote. One of the members of staff was very helpful, the rest were too busy on their phones. To top it off the hostel has a completely different name to what it's called on hostel world, took hours to find and no locals had ever heard of it!

The staff was kinda 'don't-give-a-*' could be better! Nice of them to give us a private room for the same price as dorm and the location was pretty good, in the old town but not where you have to pay to get in

We were searching about 1hour for this hostel because there was written another name than in hostelworld. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Nothing bad with the hostel, but for this price you should either get better facilities or it has to be cheaper. No towels, a squat in the double room, no kettle, I had to go to a reception to ask for a toilet paper. I had to wait in the shower a long time, till there was hot water. I can live without all this things, but for the same price I stayed in China in much better hostels. The staff hardly spoke English, but tried to be helpful.

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels