Fenghuang Biancheng Hostel Reviews

Rainbow Middle Road, Fenghuang-Phoenix County, China

We were searching about 1hour for this hostel because there was written another name than in hostelworld. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Nothing bad with the hostel, but for this price you should either get better facilities or it has to be cheaper. No towels, a squat in the double room, no kettle, I had to go to a reception to ask for a toilet paper. I had to wait in the shower a long time, till there was hot water. I can live without all this things, but for the same price I stayed in China in much better hostels. The staff hardly spoke English, but tried to be helpful.

Excellent location, although it was really hard to find. We got lost multiple times and we had to ask a local to call the hotel and even then they could not give us the right directions. In the end the local had to ask a taxi who knew the adress to drop us off. Once we got there they gave us a double bed room and later that night they made us switch to a twin bed room, after we already unpacked. Not cool. Staff has a very limited english, altough they did their best to help. Wifi was poor.

For me it was very hard to find the hostel because hostelworld only gave me the name and address of the hostel in a mix of pinyin and English, and outside the hostel the name is displayed in Chinese characters and English. Confusing, and people couldn't understand the directions. The volunteering staff was the best, when I was there. Very, very helpful, and creating a nice atmosphere (and they introduced me to eating pigs feet). I really enjoyed the vibe, and ended up staying one night longer.

I was helped to find my phone cell that was left when I was in Zhangjiajie, the staffs are many and youth and helpful really. Best service for a China hostel, bring the map direction and read clearly because can be hard if asking people how to go there!

This hostel is located on the pedestrian mall leading to the Old Town and as such requires a short walk from where the closest drop off by taxi is possible. The staff were very helpful and our room on the top floor had a great view. One staff member had very good English, the others had much more limited English but were able to assist with our queries via translation apps on their phones. We were able to book and pay for our bus tickets back to Zhangjiajie at the hostel. I will stay again.

Stayed in a dorm room. Floor was wet all the time. No aircondition

thought it was a bit too expensive for what i got, as i've stayed in hostels that are quite similar to here for much cheaper. the one guy at the front desk was extremely helpful and spoke good english which was an asset. location wise it's perfect for getting a quiet sleep and still being close to the action!

View all Fenghuang-Phoenix County Hostels