Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Room 36 was extremely stuffy and I understand that it didnt have some things other rooms had (i.e. lights for beds, outlets, two working windows)

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! I'm very sorry to hear you found one of our rooms not up to standards. Thanks for your comments, we will have a look and fix the window and get some bed lights and outlets in there! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Loved it! So much better than fly pig downtown!

Too many stairs, way too many... Staff was helpful, most stuff was OK, but I didn't really dig the atmosphere. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

Improperly booked my stay, staff was pleasant and tried to sell my room so I didn't have I pay

I hated the narrow staircases, and that I was moved in all nights I stayed there. BUT. the staff is awesome and the atmosphere, super steady, just the way I like it.

Like the location and down stairs bar. Wifi could be a bit temperamental at times

thank u pigs! if i come.back to amsterdam i will see you again. Excellent hostel.

Very good hostel, close to Vondelpark. If you're into smoking, they have a smoking room. Good bar and fun atmosphere, the staff were really nice and there is free breakfast! The bathrooms could be a little bit bigger and there was one shower that only had boiling hot water, but aside from that I really enjoyed my stay here!

They were really really lovely but the five flours with suit cases were quite upsetting (only problem we had).

Great overall experience. Helpful and friendly staff, cool bar, great location right next to the park and plenty of cool people to meet and get stoned with in the smoking area. Highly recommended!

• 16th Jun 2013

Cool hostel right next to Vondelpark. If you want to be where more of the action is I recommend the downtown Flying Pig instead.

Great Hostel in Amsterdam! Love the party atmosphere! Will go back here whenever I'm in Amsterdam. Thanks! Cheers!!! :D

Was expensive to stay here in a dorm although Amsterdam is generally an expensive city. It had a smoking room which was good but if you're looking for a chilled out stay and place to smoke some green then this isn't the place. Just a party hostel for drinkers, doesn't really cater to the other half. Almost always har to line up for toilets and showers

The hostel was pretty good but it was too small for the amount of guests staying there. There was one toilet for our whole floor so i was always waiting to use the washroom. The downstairs is too crowded at breakfast. The staff were awesome and always willing to help, but i would probably stay somewhere downtown next time.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! Most of the rooms have their own bathroom and there are a lot more toilets on every floor available to use. Yes, it can be busy downstairs during breakfast. We do serve breakfast between 7.30 and 11.00, there is 3,5 hours so everyone should have enough time to sit down and enjoy their free breakfast, we hope you got the chance to grab some! Thanks again! Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

With the exception of location (being a 35 minute walk from central station), this was a great place to stay. Best atmosphere to date on this trip, staff is friendly and willing to help you find your way around town. Walking tour met in lobby. Free breakfast, free wifi, all in all no complaints. I'd recommend a flying pig hostel to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

Very friendly place and the staff are awesome! The staff are always willing to help and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

• 11th Jun 2013

Loved how the staff would chill with the guests and give excellent advice on what to do around Amsterdam.

• 6th Jun 2013

Great kitchen and dining area/bar. Really fun atmosphere and the free breakfast is great! Large rooms and plenty of showers. Lots of young people and other backpackers.

Hostel was amazing. Some of the bathroom facilities could have been cleaner.

This hostel was unreal, met a ton of awesome people, good breakfast, comfortable beds. A little far from downtown but the pros far outweigh the cons. Loved my stay at the Flying Pig!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your great feedback! We are very happy to read you had such a great time with us. Hope to see you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

← Back to search results