Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff at this hostel is hands down the best I have ever met! Not only are they extremely helpful and friendly but they go out of their way to ensure that you have an amazing time. One staff member in particular, Terry, is amazing!! I lost some money in my room and he did the honorable thing of turning it to the reception, which I was extremely grateful for. I HIGHLY recommend that you stay here if you are looking for a good time in Amsterdam!

I always stay here on my visits to Amsterdam. Really great location, right by the Vondelpark and the museums, close to everything else. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The vibe in the hostel is relaxed, chilled but everyone still has a good time. Can't recommend enough!

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Really nice location. Good security

The Flying Pig Uptown was a great experience for me. Especially I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the smoking lounge. The staff was super friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The location was alright but the usage of public transport is strongly recommended. The breakfast was good and all in all I felt I got my money's worth. I recommend this hostel and I will return there for sure.

Thank you for your comments. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Basically a good overall hostel but WAY overpriced (except the drinks, thank you) and I hated that the common space (the only common space) was the bar and although the music selection by the staff overall was pretty good, it would've been nice to be able to sit on a couch or a bean bag chair and just be able to relax without drunk people screaming over the loud music.

Average hostel, dorm was messy and smelly, Wifi was temperamental. It was between a 20 and 40 minute walk to the major sites of Amsterdam but there are several really good supermarkets near by and a full kitchen at the hostel. Relaxed bar area but no real chill out area for relaxing reading etc.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! We are sorry to hear your room was smelly and messy, we clean the rooms daily but unfortunately sharing a (big) dorm means sometimes messy roommates as well. We feel that we are pretty close to a lot of main attractions, we are 5 minutes away from most main museums, the Leidseplein bar district, the Vondelpark and many more! Again, thanks for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Good hostel, free breaky, rooms are standard but have lockers which is great, only problem not really suited for disabled people as you have the climb the stairs in every level (much like all of amsterdam) and i was injured at the time so was not very helpful! other then that i enjoyed my stay

Been there twice, great people, great atmosphere and the best thing is you can be who you are...

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Great location. Very busy. Free breakfast is a bonus.

Atmosphere and location is fantastic and staff are relaxed and very friendly. Would 100% recommend!

• 29th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

AMAZING staff - so considerate, and fun too. Hostel has a great buzz. Would def stay again!

Thank you. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

good hostel.

Could make more use of kitchen if it had better facilities for cooking like an oven that works and pans that aren't broken. It's quite dangerous to cool with broken appliances!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback, we always try to learn from our guests experience. The oven was broken for one day and has now been replaced. We have also added a lot of new utensils. Thanks again for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

friendly and always available staff, even if at our arrival the room wasn't clean yet and our beds occupied, anyway they solved the trouble. certainly not very comfortable the stairs to move the luggage ( no elevator!). good for the breakfast, expensive for the bar's services

Cool smoking room, amazing staff, good location. One of the best hostels i've stayed at.

I will definitely be visiting the flying pig again!

Great hostel in terms of backpacker atmosphere, the hostel and especially the bar is always alive and busy, whether it be people having free breakfast in the morning or drinking at night. However the room was too small for 14 beds, not enough space for all our stuff and got so stuffy at night.. Only one toilet on our floor and over 4 days, no one replaced the soap in there which is a bit poor! Could have been a bit better for the price. Overall despite these things it is a great place to stay!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your room was stuffy, all of our big dorms have windows or air conditioning that can be adjusted on request. We have also recently refurbished 3 of our toilets and there are now a minimum of 2 toilets per floor, most have 4. Again, thanks for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

see above

I love this hostel. I've spent a lot of time there and always end up getting to know so many interesting people since the atmosphere around the hostel is so open. The staff is great, very helpful and nice. Breakfast is nothing special, but it's alright and it's free.

Great stay here. Staff gave me a warm welcome. Super easy to get to. You just take the number 5 tram from central station for 15 minutes. Rooms were clean and comfy. Breakfast was free and quite yummy. Half a minute walk to the famous and beautiful vondel park which I enjoyed getting lost in very much.