Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really loved staying here, great location, good showers

• 21st Oct 2013

Thanks for the review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

will stay here every time i visit amsterdam

• 21st Oct 2013

And we will welcome you back every time :) Thanks for your review! - The Flying Pig Uptown

The atmosphere was great. The room was lacking some basic stuff such as coat hangers and a small table. Showers were either too cold too burning hot.. And there were too many dam stairs.. although that was one of the reasons we chose Flying pig :)

Hi, thanks for the useful feedback! We will look into adding those features to all of the rooms. Hopefully your will come back and stay with us again soon. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

One of the best hostel in europe , great atmosphere , best location , great stuff!!

Hi, Thanks for the love! Come back and visit us again soon. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Had a great stay here, really liked the vibe with a great bar and smoking room downstairs. Staff were great too. Heaps of showers and toilets but I was in an 8 person dorm and it was very cramped, only downside.

Hi, thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and hope you didn't find the room so cramped as to ruin your stay. Come back soon. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

The staff were really helpful and the free breakfast in the bar was good. Would recommend! Caveats are you must be aware that you'll be climbing many flights of stairs (but this is true of much of Amsterdam) and the rooms are quite big - mine was 10-person mixed, which is a bit wearing after a while.

Hi, thanks for the great feedback. We hope that you will visit us next time you're in Amsterdam! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Definitely a party hostel. Rooms are big, a little bit of a walk to the city center. Kitchen in the property is tiny. And you have to go sit in the bar to eat after which is also tiny usually full. If going for a bed good stay. Just always from the train station.

Great stay, I was pleasent surprised. Great vibe. Really felt like an International place to stay in Amsterdam

• 14th Oct 2013

Thanks for your awesome review, come back and visit us again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Awesome hostel. Staff are great, location is fantastic, great relaxed vibe, great atmosphere.

This is a great hostel. Especially for the prices in Amsterdam. The wifi doesn't extend to the rooms like advertised though. Excellent vibe though in the bar and smoking area and the staff are very helpful. If I go back i'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for your feedback! We are sorry that the wifi wasn't working correctly at that time but we run a daily check and have no problems at the moment. We hope you come back to visit again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

This is a well located and clean hostel. It has a small kitchen for use (except for one night per week). Breakfast is good - toast, eggs, oranges, cereal, juice, tea and coffee. HOWEVER: this is for party-people only. Do not stay here if you want even a moment of peace. There is only one small common area and it is packed and dark and plays loud music next to the smoking room. Our dorm had horrible Australians in it who drank and ate all night in the room. Have to pay to store luggage.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the other guests who shared your dorm disturbed your stay and hope it doesn't stop you coming back for a return visit. We have a policy of no eating or drinking in dorm rooms but sometimes less respectful guests break our rules. Apologies for any inconvenience this caused. Thanks - The Flying Pig Uptown

2nd time at the Flying pig and wont be my last! Would not recommend anywhere else to stay in Amsterdam!! Love the place!!!

• 11th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for the awesome review! Good to know it wont be your last visit, see you next time. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

You guys have the world's most friendly staff! Thanks for making it such an enjoyable stay.

• 9th Oct 2013

Thanks for your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon :) Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

All was great apart from the stairs, very steep and narrow and i was on the 4th floor, carrying 25kg of luggage up there was no fun but the rooms were nice and clean, had wifi, the showers were average.

I did enjoy my stay here quite a bit. The people were fantastic. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe include a lounge that isn't the bar or the smoking room for people who just want to chill every now and then but still socialize. I also thought the price for drinks was far too high.

• 6th Oct 2013

Great hostel! Awesome environment, friendly staff. Installing a lift would be good though, those stairs are back breaking with your bags. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 6th Oct 2013

Thank you for your comments, we hope you come and stay with us again soon! - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Friendly staff who were always helpful. Lots of stairs but otherwise good facilities and great atmosphere.

• 4th Oct 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. We hope you come and stay with us again soon! - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

VERY chill staff and great location right next to Vondelpark. Different energy than the Dam Square crowd

Thanks for great review! Come back and see us again soon. - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Loved this hostel! The staff made it! All so lovely and so helpful. I lost my phone and my wallet while I was here, obviously very upset. The guys at the desk were so great. They lent me there computer, allowed me to make phone calls, one even bought me over some cake when I was getting really upset over it all! Haha absolute legends Would recommend to anyone A :)

Hi there, thanks for the awesome review! We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope that you were able to finish your travels without too many problems because of your wallet! We look forward to seeing you again. - The Flying Pig Uptown

The best hostel me and my friend stayd at for our hole month backpacking europ, great and helpfull staff and almost an Hotel like breakfast. Would realy recomend!

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon. :) - The Flying Pig Uptown