Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The bar downstairs was always on the go, playing good music. Definitely come here if you are looking to meet other travelers! There's a kitchen you can use, and the wifi works well. You can even drink your own booze at the bar. There's lockers in your room, and also when you check out theres lockers on one of the floors so you can safely stash your stuff. There is no elevator, so you have to lug all your stuff up the stairs. There's a smoking room too!

• 23rd Jun 2013

Good place but I could do without all the stairs!

Had a great time, should try both pub crawls!

Absolutely loved it here. Best hostel I stayed at in Europe so far.

• 20th Jun 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful 5 night stay at the Flying Pig Uptown. The atmosphere in the bar and smoking area were great and it was lovely being able to chat to people from all over the world. The WiFi was a little slow and the showers on the 4th floor could be slightly unpredictable, but in my opinion that was all part of the charm and was in no way detrimental to the quality of our stay. Thanks so much to all the staff for making our visit so much fun - I definitely plan on returning!

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

Room 36 was extremely stuffy and I understand that it didnt have some things other rooms had (i.e. lights for beds, outlets, two working windows)

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! I'm very sorry to hear you found one of our rooms not up to standards. Thanks for your comments, we will have a look and fix the window and get some bed lights and outlets in there! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Loved it! So much better than fly pig downtown!

Too many stairs, way too many... Staff was helpful, most stuff was OK, but I didn't really dig the atmosphere. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

Improperly booked my stay, staff was pleasant and tried to sell my room so I didn't have I pay

I hated the narrow staircases, and that I was moved in all nights I stayed there. BUT. the staff is awesome and the atmosphere, super steady, just the way I like it.

Like the location and down stairs bar. Wifi could be a bit temperamental at times

thank u pigs! if i come.back to amsterdam i will see you again. Excellent hostel.

Very good hostel, close to Vondelpark. If you're into smoking, they have a smoking room. Good bar and fun atmosphere, the staff were really nice and there is free breakfast! The bathrooms could be a little bit bigger and there was one shower that only had boiling hot water, but aside from that I really enjoyed my stay here!

They were really really lovely but the five flours with suit cases were quite upsetting (only problem we had).

Great overall experience. Helpful and friendly staff, cool bar, great location right next to the park and plenty of cool people to meet and get stoned with in the smoking area. Highly recommended!

• 16th Jun 2013

Cool hostel right next to Vondelpark. If you want to be where more of the action is I recommend the downtown Flying Pig instead.

Great Hostel in Amsterdam! Love the party atmosphere! Will go back here whenever I'm in Amsterdam. Thanks! Cheers!!! :D

Was expensive to stay here in a dorm although Amsterdam is generally an expensive city. It had a smoking room which was good but if you're looking for a chilled out stay and place to smoke some green then this isn't the place. Just a party hostel for drinkers, doesn't really cater to the other half. Almost always har to line up for toilets and showers

The hostel was pretty good but it was too small for the amount of guests staying there. There was one toilet for our whole floor so i was always waiting to use the washroom. The downstairs is too crowded at breakfast. The staff were awesome and always willing to help, but i would probably stay somewhere downtown next time.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! Most of the rooms have their own bathroom and there are a lot more toilets on every floor available to use. Yes, it can be busy downstairs during breakfast. We do serve breakfast between 7.30 and 11.00, there is 3,5 hours so everyone should have enough time to sit down and enjoy their free breakfast, we hope you got the chance to grab some! Thanks again! Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

With the exception of location (being a 35 minute walk from central station), this was a great place to stay. Best atmosphere to date on this trip, staff is friendly and willing to help you find your way around town. Walking tour met in lobby. Free breakfast, free wifi, all in all no complaints. I'd recommend a flying pig hostel to anyone staying in Amsterdam.