Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Having stayed at the downtown hostel during previous stays in Amsterdam I decided to try this location. For a cheaper price you are in a much nicer location - completely accessible by train and walking. While it's nice to have a smoking area , way too many people were super wasted / stoned / high for me to carry out normal conversations with almost anyone. Free breakfast was really good but overly crowded!

Pretty much all you'll ever need in a hostel. Great environment, good rooms, right next to Vondelpark.

Great beds and rooms, friendly staff and lively bar. The breakfast is awesome and position great as well. I would definitely stay here again!

Staff was so helpful and very friendly. The rooms were air conditioned and although the bathrooms were small, they were clean! I loved the location and was only about a 20 min walk to downtown. The bar was lively and a great way to meet fellow travelers.

Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Hostel is sandwiched between the musuem quarter and Leidesplein shopping area of Amsterdam. About 5-10 minutes walk to either, and to the nearest tram station. The hostel's bar had a great, friendly atmosphere, and a wide drink selection. Toilets and showers were tight fits, due to the available space in hostel, but still manageable. The bunk beds were quite noisy due to squeeky metal frames, but were in good condition.

Not the cheapest hostel but great atmosphere to meet social travellers. Breakfast is included and the quality is pretty good. I'm not sure why I chose uptown instead of their downtown location since it was 30min walk to the train station. Having an elevator would really make things easier since I was on the 4th floor (top floor) and their reception is in the basement.

Fun hostel with a great atmosphere and socialising areas in the bar and smoking room! Cooking facilities are also very good and clean so you can cook for yourself as eating out in Amsterdam can get expensive. The only downside is there aren't enough toilets for the number of people staying on your floor.

Hi, thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately at peak times there can be a higher demand for toilets on a particular floor. To remedy this we provide a number of toilets on every floor so that guests can still access the facilities when their room's level is busy. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

The breakfast is quite expansive for a hostel, which is nice! Location is perfect, and the staff were extra helpful. Great stay!!

Hi, thank you for the awesome review! - The Flying Pig Uptown

So good !clean !nice breakfast !

Hi, thanks for the great feedback! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Awesome first stop for me! Set a high standard with my first European hostel! Chose to stay in more St Christopher's hostels because of it!

Great atmosphere. Great location. Check in can take awhile, but you can easily just enjoy a beer in the bar and wait for the queue to die down if its too busy. You honestly wont really be spending much time there, only to crash out, cause - Amsterdam.

The toilets were quiet small luckily I'm short. The bar was also smaller than other places we had been which gave a crowded feel. The wifi reception was really good.

Hi, due to our traditional architecture we chose to fit a larger number of slightly smaller toilets so that they were more readily available for guests. Thank you for your review. - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great atmosphere in this hostel and the staff were truly fantastic - gave us some fabulous recommendations and ideas of things to do. Also the location right next to Vondelpark let's you have some chill out time if needed (it's the Amsterdam way). Just hope that you're on one of the low floors otherwise you have a lot of stairs to walk up!

Hi, thank you for review. Unfortunately due to our architecture we are unable to accommodate an elevator, but our staff are always happy to carry luggage to any floor for guests. Cheers. - The Flying Pig Uptown

This hostel is AWESOME!! The staff is SO friendly! Really good free breakfast...3 cereals, toast/jam, fresh fruit, juice/coffee. Sweet in-house bar with reasonably priced drinks & their smoking room is a great place to relax & enjoy some of Amsterdam's famous "coffee". 10 min walk to Museums & "I Amsterdam" sign. I really enjoyed my stay at Flying Pig & will def be staying here the next time I visit Amsterdam.

Thanks for the great review, we look forward to seeing you next time you're in Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

The hostel is cosy and true traditional Amsterdam house! The atmosphere was brilliant and the staff super friendly!

Thanks for your feedback! - The Flying Pig Uptown

半夜有工作人员进房间大声讲话,完全不顾有人睡觉。

• 4th Sep 2014
  • China

Great location and appreciated the free breakfast, however it was a shame to hear one of the staff (might have been maintenance or one of the cleaners) embarrass one of the guests by carrying on about how he wasn't going to help her with her bag down the stairs as it was her responsibility and why should he break his back for her? Apart from that one small incident I enjoyed my brief time at the Flying Pig Hostel.

Hi, thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that one of our staff members made remarks of that sort to a guest. Our staff are always happy to carry luggage to/from rooms. We will contact you directly so that the staff member involved can be identified. Thanks. - The Flying Pig Uptown

It's a really good location for leidersplein but a long walk to the red light district. There were cages under the bed for the normal bunks, but not for the queen size bunk which we shared. The atmosphere was pretty chilled and the staff really helpful. Free breakfast was great!

• 28th Aug 2014

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. If you decide to stay with us again, you should know that we have seperate standing lockers for all of our queensize beds. We hope to see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Super chilled place would definitely go back

Thanks for the great review! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Decent hostel. Rooms a bit tight but not too bad, everything is perfectly clean. Expensive but so is everything in A-Dam. Would definitely stay again if nothing cheaper was available.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7